The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Kate's book

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate's book

Post by scrants on 21.08.11 21:35

I was reading Kate's book and it occurred to me that when she says that she put the medicines away before going out, why were they out anyway? Surely they would only need to be put away if they were out in the first place. And, if so, for what reason?

Just a thought.

scrants

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate's book

Post by Tony Bennett on 21.08.11 22:14

scrants wrote:I was reading Kate's book and it occurred to me that when she says that she put the medicines away before going out, why were they out anyway? Surely they would only need to be put away if they were out in the first place. And, if so, for what reason?

Just a thought.
And a very good thought.

Does it say what 'medicines' she was putting away?
Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Willo on 21.08.11 22:33

Good point. All responsible people, I'm sure, lock any medicine or pills up straight after they have taken them. Responsible people would not leave a bottle of drugs on the table while smaller people are around in any circumstances. Her statement implies that there were medicines lying around while the parents were present but being responsible people they were locked away to deny the 4 year old baby sitter access to them while they were on the lash. I tink it is another seemingly throw away comment to reinforce 'their fact' that the children and the drugs were kept seperate. Responsible parents, one would think, would not have to even mention this 'fact' as it is just so much common sense.

So does this deflecting statement point loosely to drugs causing the demise of Madeleine or is it more clever smoke and mirrors?

Or are the McCanns just simply the worlds worst parents?
Willo

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 21.08.11 22:44

Do we have a page and para reference for this. I can't find it quickly.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 21.08.11 22:46

I can't find it, at least not for that evening.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.08.11 22:52

Don't know about book but found this on the Medicines thread in debate section

candyfloss wrote:Whilst reading something, I came across this, ......

Interview with Mr Amaral

8/05/2011 02:00
Dave said... 9

Part 2 of 2. Goncalo Amaral Interview at the launch of his books dutch version
"A verdade da mentira"
05/05/09

Q: Is it true, as was reported in De Telegraaf, that an injection needle was found in the apartment?

A: No, that is not true. In fact we have found no medication at all. None at all. Except for ‘likdoornpleisters’ = litt.: corn plasters (for your feet – sorry can’t find a better translation).Q: Do you think the children were sedated?

A: There is no doubt.
(Here he told an anecdote: that Kate called a colleague of Gonçalo Amaral’s in the PJ, in August, to ask them to check the twins for traces of sedation. Apparently Kate was alone when she called, and a bit upset. That same afternoon, Gerry called and cancelled the request.)

http://steelmagnolia-steelmagnolia.blogspot.com/2011/05/goncalo-amaral-took-time-out-to-answer.html

And yet in her witness statement 6th September Kate says this:.................................

.When asked, she said that before they left she took some precautions, namely placed the medicine inside a bag with a clasp in her room inside the wardrobe or the dresser. These were Calpol (paracetamol) and Nurofen (ibuprofen), for fevers and pains, both for adults and children (packages in liquid for the children). In this bag there was also a small pair of scissors. In the kitchen were cutting items that were used to prepare the meals and which were not put out of sight. During their trips it was normal for them to take these medicines. During these holidays she never gave any medicine to her children, nor did Gerry. She now says that Gerry also took medicine for acidity called Losec (omeprozole) which they also possessed.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id192.html#sta1

What happened to this bag then??

ETA Link for Medicines thread

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2907-medicines

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 21.08.11 23:09

I can't imagine 2 doctors with children going on vacation without a kind of first aid medicine kit.
But then, these 2 have done a lot of undoctorlike things.

I do remember Kate's statements and Dr. Amarals' and I always thought the medicines were "gone" before they could search the apartment.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 22.08.11 6:22

Hi Scrants

Welcome to the forum.

Quote "I was reading Kate's book and it occurred to me that when she says that she put the medicines away before going out, why were they out anyway? Surely they would only need to be put away if they were out in the first place. And, if so, for what reason?

Just a thought."

I am lucky enough to have a kindle version of Madeleine with the facility to search by word and nowhere does it say that. You must have been mistaken.
Gillyspot

Back to top Go down

Kate's Book

Post by scrants on 22.08.11 9:25

Candyfloss, thanks for correcting me.

I knew I had read it somewhere recently and thought it was in her book.

But surely having the medicines out would imply that they were used. Otherwise why the need to put them away? Surely they would only be brought out when needed and otherwise kept locked away somewhere safe.

scrants

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum