The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Sequential numbering & OC printer problems

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sequential numbering & OC printer problems

Post by Guest on 19.08.11 9:25

If you look at the OC lists, they are supposed to be in alphabetical order. To a large extent they are, but there are a few odd ones that for some reason are not. If not, why not? That is a good question.

Then there is the issue of the system reference number that has been allocated to each booking. It is these sets of numbers that I find most interesting. I believe it is an idication of who booked first and who followed on and which group used what agency.

33641 NEWMAN

33642 EDMONDS

33643 NAYLOR

33644 WEINBURGER

33645 SPERREY

33646 BRAIN

33647 THORNHILL

33648 FOSTER

33649 CARPENTER

next set

31945 BERRY

31946 MACKENZIE

31947 THORNHILL

31948 OLDFIELD

31949 OBRIEN

31950 PAYNE

31951 MCCANN

31952 MANN

31953 COX

31954 HESELTON

31955 PATEL

31956 TOTMAN

31957 REAP

31958 IRWIN

31959 HYND

31960 TAYLOR

31961 O’DONNELL

31962 BURLTON

31963 JANCZUR

31964 CLIFFORD

Back to top Go down

Re: Sequential numbering & OC printer problems

Post by Guest on 19.08.11 9:40

Stella wrote:
31948 OLDFIELD

31949 OBRIEN

31950 PAYNE

31951 MCCANN
As we can see the above bookings do not reflect alphabetical order and this is exactly how the group appear on the MW reservation lists. So if Payne made the booking for everyone, they must have all booked at the same time, so why does he appear 3rd on the list? If he made the bookings, I would have thought his name would have appeared first as the lead passenger, or possibly last, having given everyone elses names first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.08.11 9:52

Why is McCann, not up with all the other Mc's, instead of sitting right on top of Naylor ???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.08.11 10:13

Here is an example of a gremlin in the OC printer. On the left Bowness is in G4I (for India), on the right she is in G41(one)

The day this happens is on the 5th !!! again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.08.11 10:42

Some time on the 5th and printed on the 6th, Dr Palmer in G20 becomes Dr Pawer in G20.

Oh those naughty, naughty gremlins..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.08.11 11:02

On the 5th, Gerry seems to have booked with Narkwarner. All other days it was Markwarner.

Just noticed that Naylor went with Narkwarner also !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.08.11 13:06

If you really want to see that gremlin at work, check out the report run times in the top right hand corner of every page, every day.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2127-ocean-club-daily-run-reports

Just take a look at the last day. Page 4 is printed BEFORE pages 1, 2 & 3. In the real world, that is impossible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.08.11 15:29

Other examples where the name Markwarner appears differently on some reports.

Mackenzie G31

1st MARKUARtwr

5th MARKwARNER

Mann 0008

1st MARKWAINIR

5th MAR)

Handy G30

3rd M4RKWARNER

Berry G606

4th MARhWARNER

David GP03

6th MARKHARNER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.08.11 13:53

Look at the dates on the right. Why would a printer suddenly change type face and font size, just on arrival dates ?

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/T/03_VOLUME_IIIa_Page_620.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.08.11 14:08

Look carefully at the dates on the right hand side for Naylor in G4N. It was Kiko who first spotted this one last year.

For some strange reason they are out of alignment with all of the other ones around it. Just the dates seem to have jumped up, but the rest of that line to the left is OK, so it cannot be a printer slip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 20.08.11 14:17

Stella wrote:

Look carefully at the dates on the right hand side for Naylor in G4N. It was Kiko who first spotted this one last year.

For some strange reason they are out of alignment with all of the other ones around it. Just the dates seem to have jumped up, but the rest of that line to the left is OK, so it cannot be a printer slip.

Isn't it the line next to r31951 McCann, Gerald Patrick which has slipped down on the dates. Also why is there an "r" before 31951. There is also a mark "-" next to the date on that same line as if someone has marked it with a pencil, unless of course that was the PJ.

All very strange!!
Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.08.11 14:32

Your absolutely right Newintown, so it's Gerry's one that has gone walkabouts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 20.08.11 14:50

Stella wrote:Your absolutely right Newintown, so it's Gerry's one that has gone walkabouts.

It could be a case of "cut and paste" on the dates and someone has inserted amended dates but didn't get the alignment quite right.

I've done that many a time in my job, having to amend documents then photocopying to make them look as if they're genuine i.e. pasting in someone's signature or a date on a letter. I got quite adept at it.

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.08.11 14:53

that's fraud !!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 20.08.11 15:13

Stella wrote: that's fraud !!!!

Don't worry, they weren't legal documents.
Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.08.11 15:25

@Newintown wrote:
Also why is there an "r" before 31951. Good question
There is also a mark "-" next to the date on that same line as if someone has marked it with a pencil, unless of course that was the PJ. Well done, yes, it does look like someone possibly at the PJ had been looking into this. Maybe it was just before things all came to a halt and they never got to finish looking at it.
All very strange!!
Yes and from using dot matrix printers all those years ago through to the laser jet printers of today, I have never seen anything like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.08.11 15:34

I've just checked, that 'r' only appears on the McCann entry, on the list printed on the 3rd, from actions on the 2nd !! Which I think is quite significant. What changed on the 2nd ??

And why is Gerry's account still open in apartment G5A on the 5th, when he moved to G4G on the 4th ?

I wonder if he ever settled his account before he left?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.08.11 15:47

31951, is Gerry's Mark Warner booking reference number. The lists are Ocean Club's property. So the reason for the 'r', must have something to do with Mark Warner.
So the question is, why would MW be dabbling around with the McCann booking sometime on the 2nd ?

Back to top Go down

Daily Run Reports and Tapas spend?

Post by Guest on 20.08.11 18:31

Hi
Apologies if this has already been looked at but doesn't mean anything.... but hoping that I've found something new... big grin

I've been looking at these daily run reports. The first page for each report has Tapas handwritten at the top and the day, and the time they are run seems to be early morning (1/5 0345, 3/5 0115, 4/5 0148, 5/5 0235, 6/5 0705, 7/5 0716) so does this mean they are run at the end of the day to include the spend incurred by the guests in the Tapas bar? There is a column on the report called Saldo - which according to an online translator means Balance... so thought that might mean the balance column is a culmulative total of spend incurred by the guests during their stay.

Just trying to make sense of what is being shown on the daily run reports and if there is anything useful to be gained from looking at the Saldo column...

I did a quick look at the Tapas 9 balances for the daily run reports and see the following:

Tapas 9 1 may 3 may 4 may 5 may
Mccann 242.00 242.00 242.00 242.00
O'Brien 105.00 105.00 105.00 105.00
Oldfield 21.00 26.00 31.00 31.00
Payne 117.50 162.00 162.00 177.00

2 may - no daily run report.
6/7 may - tapas9 not on report

If this shows what they owe, either the mccanns and obriens were spending exactly the same amount each night, or this is a culmulative total. If it is culmulative, it suggests that either they didn't go to the tapas after 1 may or they went to the tapas but didn't eat or drink. If it's the spend each night then looks like the mccanns were hefty eaters/drinkers...

Just cross referenced the Tapas Booking sheet and chose a few other names that appear and checked these names against the Daily Run Reports for the same day. Eg. 1 May - Mann, Bullen, Weinberger are on the tapas booking sheet. The Daily run report for 1 May shows Mann with a balance of 3.00, Bullen has balance of 34.20, Weinberger has balance of 70.50... so there is some correspondence between the tapas booking sheet and a balance appearing for the same night for that guest....

Like I say not sure if this has already been looked at or not but thought it might be an interesting exercise especially as the accuracy of the tapas booking sheets and the daily run reports are being questioned....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.08.11 9:39

Stewie wrote:
I've been looking at these daily run reports. The first page for each report has Tapas handwritten at the top and the day, and the time they are run seems to be early morning (1/5 0345, 3/5 0115, 4/5 0148, 5/5 0235, 6/5 0705, 7/5 0716) so does this mean they are run at the end of the day to include the spend incurred by the guests in the Tapas bar?
Hello Stewie and welcome to this forum. I very much enjoy input from other people with enquiring minds such as mine.

What is really weird is only last night I was laying there thinking about the report run times and that they were all early in the morning. So you have saved me a job looking them all up today. Had they all been done at the same time, I would be inclined to believe that they were programmed to print overnight at a very specific time, when no one was around. But they are not. 3.45 am, 1.15 am, 1.48 am, 2.35 am, 7.05 am, 7.16 am. What we can see is that up until the 5th, someone has manually printed the reports off between 1.15-3.45. Times when most people would have been in bed and sound asleep. Why would anyone in accounts be around at that time? But what I think is more interesting, is that from the 6th onwards and this date is very important. The reports stopped being printed off in the still of the night and was being printed when someone was clocking on around 7am. When looking at individual entries on these reports, all the weird happenings all occurred on the 5th, which is why I am not surprised that the reports changed to being printed off at a resonable hour on the 6th.

I have analysed the daily spending before, not sure what thread it is on now, but will let you know. I produced the same info as you, but on an excel spread sheet for ease of use.

the day the money was spent on
30th1st2nd3rd4th
McCann242.00242.00missing242.00242.00
O'Brien105.00105.00missing105.00105.00
Oldfield21.0026.00missing31.0031.00
Payne117.50162.00missing162.00177.00
O'Donnell32.2542.25missing143.50143.50
Naylor BP0199.00110.40missing110.400.00
Berry116.50177.00missing215.500.00
Balu12.0012.00missing12.0012.00
The two yellow cells represent the fact that these two were not due to leave the resort until the 5th, but for some reason they cleared their accounts 1 day before departure !! Berry arranged to stay on an extra week and moved to a different apartment on the 5th. Looking at the expenditure, it is interesting that McCann and O'Brien's, never changed that whole week. I personally do not think expenditure incurred in the tapas bar was added to these lists. I think this is expenditure for extras, such as cots, laudry and excursions. If you want to see a high one that never changes, just look at Donald Booker-Milburn. I also think the point of supplying these lists to the tapas restaurant, was for them to confirm reservation names and room numbers and who was entitled to eat there and the number of heads per room. Also leaving dates.

I have come to learn though that there is no accuracy in any report run times. A very kind poster by the name of Gillyspot demonstrated that if you change the clock time on your computer before running a report, you can create any run time that you wish. Interesting thought don't you think? I do hope the MET get their hands on the audit trail going back to 2007, as it just might throw up a few more of those terrible gremlins, we have seen so much of just lately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.11 10:05

Bumping for monkey mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHare on 23.12.11 12:55

Definately some interesting anomalies here that should be looked into (and I'd be happy to do it !)

Without having a detailed understanding of the software application being used its dificult to form accurate conclusions. I would point out that the sort order on reports, in some systems at least can change from run to run. If the application explicitly imposes a sort order, then the order will always be the same. However, if no sort order is applied, then the order might change. If for example the application reports all cutomers who used a facility on a certain date, then the order in which those customers appears can and will change. You see this quite often on database driven websites.

Another thing that I should point out is that some printers will print reports in reverse order !, so page 4 is printed before page 3, then 2 then 1. If the printer driver is adding the time to the header of the report then page 4 would be shown as being printed before page 1. I suppose another scenario might be that they needed to ammend something on page 4, so changes where made, and page 4 reprinted in isolation later on.

The thing that would make me extremely suspicious is of course the misalignment on those reports. I cant recall ever seeing anything like that occurring naturally. I have seen countless examples of similar reports that where manually altered. It could be simply be down to poor IT systems in which users have to constantly re-enter data, but the changing names would definately raise a red flag.

The PJ are probably kicking themselves that those computers where not seized on the very first day. Given MW's less than squeeky clean record on childcare, I suspect there was an awful lot of tidying up going on in the immediate aftermath. That being the case, its difficult to identify the true motive behind why these records where clearly changed

TheHare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.11 13:13

I think we can all agree that these reports and the creche sheets, justify a thorough forensic examination.

Let's hope Scotland Yard are on the ball and take up that challenge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.12.11 14:14

The print is very erratic as in it goes from bold to regular for no apparent reason. It looks more like a very bad typewriter ribbon than a dot matrix printer, any chance it could be inkjet?

It doesn't make any sense that the spellings keep changing, the data would be input on day 1, why change it in the database? The only thing I can think of there is that the spool files were edited after they were generated but this wouldn't explain the misalignment of the date beside Gerry's name.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 23.12.11 14:21

If these reports were printed & altered then this would imply that Mark Warner/Ocean Club are in some way involved in the scam...What would be their motive?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum