The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Diary

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Diary

Post by solva on 06.08.11 21:37

@lj wrote:In the 20 years I have lived in various areas with a huge
stray population I have never been bothered by them, not even
once.
In places you have lived, but that does not apply fully to the town we are discussing, where I know that a group of stray dogs have (around 2007) hassled people nothing to do with this case (BTW those dogs are gone now).

solva

Back to top Go down

Post by solva on 06.08.11 21:50

@lj wrote:As Kate is a pathological liar she will lie even if it does not have a purpose.
You accept she wrote the truth about the existence of the calls with Brown, and with Milband? :)

solva

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 07.08.11 0:57

@solva wrote:
@lj wrote:As Kate is a pathological liar she will lie even if it does not have a purpose.
You accept she wrote the truth about the existence of the calls with Brown, and with Milband? :)

Where do I say that I accept that as the full truth?

Kate will "decorate" anything, so no I don't accept anything she writes or says as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 07.08.11 1:03

@solva wrote:
@lj wrote:In the 20 years I have lived in various areas with a huge
stray population I have never been bothered by them, not even
once.
In places you have lived, but that does not apply fully to the town we are discussing, where I know that a group of stray dogs have (around 2007) hassled people nothing to do with this case (BTW those dogs are gone now).

I guess it is too much to ask to gives some qualifications for your inside knowledge?

Yes, stray dogs tend to "disappear", which also proves nothing.

The fact is that most stray dogs don't bother people, the Praya de Luz might be an exception. I know other places in Portugal where they used to live very peacefully along the people, even tourists.

But then most tourists have no cadaver smells.

ETA:
Can I ask you a favor, next time you only quote a post partly from me, can you indicate you snipped (or whatever way you want to phrase it) my post.
In this case it does not matter much, but cutting post up can do funny things to the meaning.

lj

Back to top Go down

Post by solva on 07.08.11 2:44

@lj wrote:(snip) I guess it is too much to ask (snip)
Here's one of the sources, Mail 16 Sept 2007, a journalist says
(snip) a scrubby headland a few minutes' walk away. But as I found when I attempted to go for a run there, at night
it is inhabited by feral dogs (snip)
Sounds like the very same hillside doesn't it? Wink

solva

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 07.08.11 4:03

Thank you for what seems common decency.

Uh was that journalist attacked?

If a journalist sees stray dogs does that mean we now have to believe every word that Kate utters?

Lemme think: one journalist sees straydogs where Kate says she was bothered by them, against hundreds of small, big, black and white lies.
Seems logical thinking still would not give Kate a award for honesty.

Raises the question where your desperate need to make Kate look believable comes from.

lj

Back to top Go down

Post by solva on 07.08.11 14:19

A pack of dogs was making chaos in PDL area 2007. Instead of putting out poison food, fortunately instead some kind charity workers, in late 2007 / very early 2008, spent much time to to capture them alive (not easy) and they were put down humanely. Easy to confirm if you read the expat papers.

solva

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 07.08.11 14:30

I would love to see expat papers telling stories about tourist being attacked twice in one week. However the more important point is how this bolstered Kate's credibility? Does the fact there were straydogs, and then they were gone, make Kate's fibbs about the coloboma true?

Also remains the question where your desperate need to make Kate look believable comes from.

lj

Back to top Go down

Post by solva on 07.08.11 14:49

Where do you get "(snip) twice in one week (snip)" from please?

solva

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 07.08.11 16:11

I have just been searching the Portuguese google and the only references I can find to nuisance dogs are one where a dog is defecating on the beach (then the owner clipped a lead on it afterwards - & left the evidence) and this dated 19.1.08..

"Organised by residents Doug Clarke, founder of the Sunshine Golf Orphanage Trust, and Michele Jones, founder of the Hope Fund, the tournament has become a yearly event that many participants come to Portugal purposely for, from countries including the UK and Ireland.

On the day, players, sponsors and other generous donors managed to raise around €10,500, which was rounded off to the €11,000 mark by the Boavista Golf Course.

Michele started the Hope Fund in 2000 to cover veterinary fees generated by the numerous well doers who would find strays in need of medical care. Pet owners with financial restrictions are also helped by the Fund, and campaigns to neuter and spay stray animals across the Algarve are organised on a yearly basis in an attempt to reduce the number of stray animals.

More recently Doug and Michele helped to catch a pack of wild dogs that had been causing chaos in the Praia da Luz area, a painstaking and time-consuming effort that resulted in the dogs avoiding a terrible death by poisoning (which was to be their fate) and being put to sleep in a humane manner."

http://www.theportugalnews.com/cgi-bin/article.pl?id=942-34

Would the " Sunshine Golf Orphanage Trust" be the one the McCann's gave the toys to?

Just a thought (you scratch my back I'll scratch yours).
Gillyspot

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 07.08.11 16:29

The dogs are just a pathetic subject to proof Kate is believable.
Unbelievable isn't it?

Twice: the doggie that bit her (but she didn't have to go to the hospital) and the pack that looked bad at her.

As far as I am concerned the subject of these dogs is closed: Kate is still not believable, because of the many, many lies she spouted over the years.

Now the cadaver dogs: those are more believable than Kate.

lj

Back to top Go down

diary

Post by juliet on 07.08.11 17:34

I felt the story about the dogs had been dragged in for a reason.

Could it be something to do with the footprint the police found in the apartment? IIRC, there was blood on the footprint. This tale about dogs biting her could be some sort of cover.

I still wonder what that "tea stain" story is all about.
juliet

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 07.08.11 17:36

Once bitten twice shy!

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet on 07.08.11 22:27

This mania of the McCanns for detailing their jogging is beyond bizarre.

Their daughter had been "taken by paedophiles" yet they were obsessed with telling the world how far they ran, where they ran, how difficult the run was. Day after day after day.
juliet

Back to top Go down

Run rabbit run

Post by Guest on 07.08.11 22:33

Well, I'm sure they kept their eyes open in case they spotted their daughter while they were out jogging!

Back to top Go down

Post by solva on 08.08.11 0:30

@lj wrote:(snip) Twice: the doggie that bit her (snip)
You are mistaken IMO - she never claimed any dog bit her. And you are mistaken again IMO - she claimed she was surrounded by about a dozen dogs ONCE, not twice. Is it too much to ask for your sources for those two claims plz? Wink

solva

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 08.08.11 1:15

From the bewk:
As we ran along the promenade,
a small dog jumped out from under a bench and attacked my right calf. It was pretty sore and I was a bit shaken, but I carried
on as coolly as I could manage.

before Maddie was gone.
Followed by the story you opened with, after Maddie's whatever happened.

You're very welcome to keep on spouting your limited inside info here, for me this subject closed and Kate is still an as big a liar as I always thought she was.

lj

Back to top Go down

Post by solva on 08.08.11 1:48

@lj wrote:From the bewk:
As we ran along the promenade, a small dog jumped out from under a bench and attacked my right calf. It was pretty sore and I was a bit shaken, but I carried on as coolly as I could manage.
(snip)
Yes sorry I had missed that 2nd May dog incident.
As you have read it more thoroughly than me, can you tell me whether the surrounded by dogs incident (described in the diary about 11 weeks later on July 23rd which is during the USA trip ) gets any mention at all in her bewk?

solva

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 08.08.11 3:29

Unless you can give a good reason as to where this is leading, this ridiculous discussion is closed for me.

lj

Back to top Go down

Post by solva on 09.08.11 2:27

@lj wrote:(snip) give a good reason as to where this is leading(snip)
To debate whether or not the surrounded by dogs incident is likely to be true.
I have tried to show that her account it is consistent with the existence and behaviour of the pack of dogs which was there in July 2007.

solva

Back to top Go down

Let's not throw anyone to the dogs

Post by Marian on 09.08.11 8:26

I'm getting a bit confused (not for the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last) about the wild dogs issue. As we know, Kate's book is her attempt to convince us that her version of events is the honest truth. Stop sniggering at the back there! There are some factual matters, such as her personal details, but the vast majority is her futile attempt to present herself as the perfect mother with a perfect family on a perfect holiday. There was a discussion some time ago about a reference to an earth tremor in England which was thought to be untrue but it did actually happen. I hope that I'm getting across my intended meaning - just because a few points in the book are true doesn't mean that all the rest of it is.
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 09.08.11 11:30

And ommissions in Kate's book are just as interesting as what is actually in it. Katherina Gaspar's Statement and deleting their mobile call records before Portuguese police arrived on 3rd May 2007??
Gillyspot

Back to top Go down

What didn't make it into the book

Post by Marian on 09.08.11 12:20

We could probably have a separate topic on what didn't make it into the book and, as Gillyspot says, omissions are very interesting. There's no mention of the coloboma issue and all the work that must have gone into publicising it and, as mentioned elsewhere on the site, there are no photos (bogus or genuine) of Madeleine during the holiday.
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 09.08.11 12:37

Kate says Gerry says T9 says
What can Maddie say?
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet on 10.08.11 19:56

Police found a bloody footprint outside Madeleine's door in apartment 5a.

It was said to be from a trainer, size five to six, with a particular pattern on the sole.

I can just imagine Kate McCann getting a story in place about an attacking dog, if the footprint is investigated afresh.
juliet

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum