The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Why have the McCanns lied about Maddie's coloboma for 4 years? - Page 5 Mm11

Why have the McCanns lied about Maddie's coloboma for 4 years? - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Why have the McCanns lied about Maddie's coloboma for 4 years? - Page 5 Mm11

Why have the McCanns lied about Maddie's coloboma for 4 years? - Page 5 Regist10

Why have the McCanns lied about Maddie's coloboma for 4 years?

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why have the McCanns lied about Maddie's coloboma for 4 years? - Page 5 Empty Re: Why have the McCanns lied about Maddie's coloboma for 4 years?

Post by Hicks Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:38 pm

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I don't remember hearing about that sighting before.

More here.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/student-says-she-spotted-madeleine-mccann-294422

No surprise that she was with a scruffy foreigner!

I'm sure it's a silly question but what did the CCTV show?

Whatever it was on the CCTV the French police say it  was not Madeleine.
[url=http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=cctv footage montpellier maddie mccann&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuknews%2F1579366%2FNew-Madeleine-McCann-sighting-not-her.html&ei=LUr-UerSD8mIhQe8zYHQCw&usg=AFQjCNEotHO5cf1VxeN3L-mjE5UQ226Sdg]http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=cctv%20footage%20montpellier%20maddie%20mccann&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuknews%2F1579366%2FNew-Madeleine-McCann-sighting-not-her.html&ei=LUr-UerSD8mIhQe8zYHQCw&usg=AFQjCNEotHO5cf1VxeN3L-mjE5UQ226Sdg[/url]
Hicks
Hicks

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Why have the McCanns lied about Maddie's coloboma for 4 years? - Page 5 Empty Clarence says

Post by worriedmum Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:01 pm

snipped from the link , from approx 1 minute onwards,

''.they immediately recognised as being Madeleine Mccann, they've been following the news reports ever since her disappearance and what makes this slightly different to other sightings is that they recognised the slight deformity that Madeleine has in one of her eyes.'
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Why have the McCanns lied about Maddie's coloboma for 4 years? - Page 5 Empty Re: Why have the McCanns lied about Maddie's coloboma for 4 years?

Post by Angelique Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:15 am

I have just found this on mccanfiles:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Maddy McCann Alive? CNN Transcripts

Aired August 27, 2013 - 20:00   ET

Snip:

"GRACE: What is the mark on her eye? What is that?

MORRONE: There's pigment in the body that's put in different places. Like the color around your iris, it's a specific pigment that's generic, and black specks have been put in the eye by design to reduce glare and sunlight, so that people from Northern European areas where eyes are green and blue, can tolerate the sunlight just as good as people with brown eyes. People with brown eyes tend to tan better and they don't have the need for sunglasses. So it's an adaptation we've had over thousands of years."

I don't quite understand how this change in the McCanns description - it's just a fleck/we didn't make much of it - can have so easily slipped into the mantra in America?

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:28 am

It's equally baffling why the British mainstream media didn't comment on this massive U turn either.

The promoting of the alleged defect must have been one of the biggest advertising campaigns ever.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:51 am

I think what makes this whole U turn over the coloboma so reprehensible is that from the of, the McCanns have sought to engage the public so fully, taking up air space, taking funds from individuals and the public purse alike. Can't remember the exact wording, but in one televised interview they bemoaned that it had fallen to them as parents to look for their daughter, and how that wasn't acceptable, or words to that effect.

The whole defying of the police in releasing the information about the eye defect, even though the police warned the McCanns in doing so could seal her fate, was that it was a "marketing ploy" which was a phrase that disgusted many to the core. But more than that, it was promoted as the defining factor that would make her recognisable, would bring her home. 

So several years on, and a girl who would be unrecognisable from the toddler who disappeared in 2007, and without the much promoted defect in the eye, what on earth are the general public supposed to look out for or help search for? There is absolutely NOTHING to go on, so all the good quality wristbands, luggage tags and money are not going to make one iota of difference whichever way you wish to interpret the "official" story.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Penfold Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:06 am

In the Irish TV interview [sorry -link escapes me atm, am about to go out!] They were talking about the age enhanced photo and Gerry says ' It doesn't matter how closely the picture resembles the child, as long as it does the job" 

WHAT ?? !!

ETA -decided to find link before going out!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLvnfcl-Zkg
Penfold

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:08 am

Smokeandmirrors

In a nutshell! 

"So several years on, and a girl who would be unrecognisable from the toddler who disappeared in 2007, and without the much promoted defect in the eye, what on earth are the general public supposed to look out for or help search for? There is absolutely NOTHING to go on, so all the good quality wristbands, luggage tags and money are not going to make one iota of difference whichever way you wish to interpret the "official" story."

It has become so obvious that this was the intention from the beginning. Nothing like "fooling the masses". I must say I am impressed! From beginning to end they (whoever is the manipulator) took total control. So much so, that the outcome is already on it's way - it's not looking good to me. But I was always of the opinion we would not see anything like the Truth, however hard we tried.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:05 pm

Penfold wrote:In the Irish TV interview [sorry -link escapes me atm, am about to go out!] They were talking about the age enhanced photo and Gerry says ' It doesn't matter how closely the picture resembles the child, as long as it does the job" 

WHAT ?? !!

ETA -decided to find link before going out!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLvnfcl-Zkg
Umph! So what job might that be? Giving the impression they are actively trying to find her?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:33 pm

I guess that he just meant that the picture - even if it looks nothing like Madeleine and nobody can know for sure whether it does or not - would remind people to be alert.

As long as other people are actively involved, there's no need for Team McCann to do anything useful.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:47 am

Just resurrecting this topic as I find the whole idea that the McCanns are now downplaying the coloboma quite rich, considering how much effort and media attention was focused on her eye when she first disappeared. It was nonstop wall to wall coloboma, look into my eyes, this is THE distinctive feature to look for... and then, all of a sudden, as the review is announced, a complete U-turn by Kate and Gerry... oh no - it wasn't that distinctive - just a fleck - and we didn't place that much emphasis on it...

And then, in light of the trial currently awaiting resumption in Portugal... is this not a trial about how Dr Amaral's book hindered the search for Madeleine? Can we not now also make the claim, with certainty, that the actions of Kate and Gerry hindered the search more than anything? They deliberately released and promoted false information about Madeleine - her description was deliberately false!

The false coloboma, in my opinion, did more damage to "the search for Madeleine" than anything written in Amaral's book.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by sami Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:05 am

tigger wrote:
Penfold wrote:In the Irish TV interview [sorry -link escapes me atm, am about to go out!] They were talking about the age enhanced photo and Gerry says ' It doesn't matter how closely the picture resembles the child, as long as it does the job" 

WHAT ?? !!

Umph! So what job might that be? Giving the impression they are actively  trying to find her?

The job was to tug at the purse strings of an unsuspecting public.  The job could also have been to cause confusion amongst the holidaymakers and staff at PDL that week.  Did they see the girl in the red dress or the girl at the pool ? Side by side, they could be two different children or two children with striking similarities, or perhaps the same child, to a casual on-looker.  Gerry likes vague.

If the job were to use a photograph to find a missing child, then it would matter very much the image was a recent, exact likeness of the child, in the here and now.  

Rather like showing a photo of a six week old puppy to find your ten year old lost dog.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:01 am

McCanns begin final leg of Madeleine campaign

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/jun/11/ukcrime.madeleinemccann?CMP=share_btn_tw

Steven Morris

@stevenmorris20

Monday 11 June 2007

Quote: While the tour will reach a halt, the McCanns - and their team of advisors - will find other ways to make sure people do not forget Madeleine.

The family has, for instance, been in talks with the internet giant Google to ask whether the double O in the logo could be replaced with Madeleine's distinctive eyes. Unquote

Kate McCann to Piers Morgan: If I'm honest, we haven't put too much emphasis on her eye, because I think you have to be very close to her to see it.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41059

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:55 pm

'If I'm honest'.......
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Cmaryholmes wrote:'If I'm honest'.......

And she gets away with it.

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay
MrsC
MrsC

Activity : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:14 pm

I've always thought that the change of coloboma was because it was in some way significant with her 'dissapearence', but couldn't work out how.
Linked with the fact that I can't shake the belief that Madeleine was used by a 'cult' of some sort, linked with the Freemasons, I personally cannot rule out the idea that she was chosen because of her eye defect. I know that the serpent is symbolic of freemasons, as is the Eye of God. And I read (can't remember where but it will be google-able!) that some cults believe that the only explanation for coloboma is that it is represents the 'seed of the serpent'.

This is extremely far fetched stuff I admit, but I just can't help believeing she was invloved in some kind of satanic ritual - and this may help to explain exactly why she was chosen.
Julie

Activity : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvie Han Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:06 pm

I possibly have a theory why they lied about the Coloboma ....

It is on the " what my sister in law used to use " thread

There was a Childrens medicine that was all the Buzz in 2007 called MEDISED, it was paracetemol with a sedative to aid sleep. Many parents were using it so they would get a good sleep, 8 + hours, as it knocked the kids out. 

In 2007 it was recommended 3+ MONTHS 

This changed sometime in 2008/2009 to 6+ YEARS !!!! 

Quite a HUGE difference. 

THEN it was taken completely OFF the market in the UK - DISCONTINUED.

Anyway today I was reading about it and I was alerted to the ONE indication where it says DO NOT USE and that is for an EYE Condition, which has many associations with Coloboma. 

It's very very strange that a children's medicine has ONLY ONE , indication and that is of an EYE condition. 

Just thought is it coincidental !!!! I think there is something lurking.
Yvie Han
Yvie Han

Activity : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:09 pm

Yvie Han wrote:I possibly have a theory why they lied about the Coloboma ....

There was a Childrens medicine that was all the Buzz in 2007 called MEDISED, it was paracetemol with a sedative to aid sleep. Many parents were using it so they would get a good sleep, 8 + hours, as it knocked the kids out. 

Quite a HUGE difference. 

Anyway today I was reading about it and I was alerted to the ONE indication where it says DO NOT USE and that is for an EYE Condition, which has many associations with Coloboma. 

It's very very strange that a children's medicine has ONLY ONE , indication and that is of an EYE condition. 

That is amazing - I wonder if there are any baby photographs that could support this theory?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:59 pm

The campaign for Madeleine was to LOOK ( into her eyes) for identification on searching for her. It was widely published she had a coloboma. 
Later the McCanns in interview said that they didn't put too much emphasis on her eye and that it was just a fleck...it was played down? 

There has been a great deal of debate. 
More can be found on this thread and if you use the search bar on the forum. 

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2757-did-madeleine-have-coloboma?highlight=coloboma

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:22 pm

What's_up_doc? wrote:

Quite a HUGE difference. 

That is amazing - I wonder if there are any baby photographs that could support this theory

I was having a look on the national archives just to see if I could find out anything re Medised. There is a whole list of products for treating colds in children that were re labelled to remove the dosages for children under 6 years in feb 2009. Looking into it further, it seems both Medised and CALPOL NIGHT (same active ingredients, different names) was actually discontinued in the UK.  It certainly states it's contraindicated, not to be given in a condition called closed angle glaucoma. People with coloboma may also have other eye abnormalities e.g glaucoma. 

https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/coloboma 

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20141205150130/http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/comms-po/documents/websiteresources/con038907.pdf
tinkier
tinkier

Activity : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvie Han Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:31 pm

tinkier wrote:
What's_up_doc? wrote:

Quite a HUGE difference. 

That is amazing - I wonder if there are any baby photographs that could support this theory

I was having a look on the national archives just to see if I could find out anything re Medised. There is a whole list of products for treating colds in children that were re labelled to remove the dosages for children under 6 years in feb 2009. Looking into it further, it seems both Medised and CALPOL NIGHT (same active ingredients, different names) was actually discontinued in the UK.  It certainly states it's contraindicated, not to be given in a condition called closed angle glaucoma. People with coloboma may also have other eye abnormalities e.g glaucoma. 

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20141205150130/http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/comms-po/documents/websiteresources/con038907.pdf
Yes, I found it very coincidental, I have since read medical prof recommended Medised to a youngster for a few weeks to sedate after major operation.  

The change in the age from 3 months to 6 years old apparently first came into force around September 2007, from what I have read today. 

It was then taken off the UK market around 2012 entirely. 

It was a medication many G.P's suggested, usually when that is the case they are getting a good backhander for promoting it. 

It first came on sale around 2004. 

The DO NOT USE - with the Acute Angle Glaucoma was what got me. I thought it was strange, the only thing on the DO NOT USE list was about an eye condition.
Yvie Han
Yvie Han

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Yvie Han wrote:
tinkier wrote:
What's_up_doc? wrote:

Quite a HUGE difference. 

Yes, I found it very coincidental, I have since read medical prof recommended Medised to a youngster for a few weeks to sedate after major operation.  

The change in the age from 3 months to 6 years old apparently first came into force around September 2007, from what I have read today. 

It was then taken off the UK market around 2012 entirely. 

It was a medication many G.P's suggested, usually when that is the case they are getting a good backhander for promoting it. 

It first came on sale around 2004. 

The DO NOT USE - with the Acute Angle Glaucoma was what got me. I thought it was strange, the only thing on the DO NOT USE list was about an eye condition.
There seems to be conflicting reports re when it was removed,  net doctor article dated march 2009 re being discontinued in UK.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/aches-and-pains/a7889/calpol-night-discontinued-in-the-uk/
tinkier
tinkier

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvie Han Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Yes there are conflicting reports when it was discontinued. 

On that link AGAIN I find it strange this eye condition is the single thing for NOT TO USE IN, especially as it has a close association with Coloboma. I would like to know when this eye condition became a contraindication on these medicines.

Pharmaceutical companies with mega power.

It could account for the cover up of this case, could you imagine if it was tied into the accidental death and the implications of that. How many potential lawsuits worldwide where children have had accidents fatal ones whilst these meds are in the system.

We know the cover up is there, it could be a possibility.
Yvie Han
Yvie Han

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Yvie Han wrote:Yes there are conflicting reports when it was discontinued. 

On that link AGAIN I find it strange this eye condition is the single thing for NOT TO USE IN, especially as it has a close association with Coloboma. I would like to know when this eye condition became a contraindication on these medicines.

Pharmaceutical companies with mega power.

It could account for the cover up of this case, could you imagine if it was tied into the accidental death and the implications of that. How many potential lawsuits worldwide where children have had accidents fatal ones whilst these meds are in the system.

We know the cover up is there, it could be a possibility.
IF the McCanns used any of this medicine ( there is NO proof ) they as DR's would surely be aware of any contradictions/implications.

If it was an accident, ie. that Madeleine overdosed, then would they not have called an ambulance to help their daughter? 

The fact that KM suggests sedation coming from an "abductor" of which again there is no evidence of, why not get the twins ( who slept through the whole commotion) tested promptly instead of waiting months down the road?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvie Han Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Because she possibly used it on the twins, and that is why the wait of 3 months for their testing?

If a certain sleeping aid for a child was found in them then for sure it would of been administered to all of them? 

What I am saying is I am not sure when the Acute angle glaucoma became a contraindication in that medicine, as it is THE only one listed!
Yvie Han
Yvie Han

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:29 pm

They don't just remove a medicine from the market for no reason. Side effects are usually listed as very common, common or rare. I have read that some parents were overdosing their kids on it, but can't find any literature online that includes any fatalities. It seems it was first banned for under 6, then removed from the market completely. Just makes one wonder if there had been a fatality in an under 6 year old caused by a heavy handed parent overdosing, or the child having a rare medical condition that proved fatal, no one was aware of the danger until it happened? 

I have also read that there was a cocktail of E numbers in calpol/night calpol attributed to hyperactivity in some kids. Also E122 was a suspected carcinogen. There has to be more to removing the night calpol completely…  one fatality would do it for sure.
tinkier
tinkier

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top