The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Edgars search area - the mathematics and logistics - Page 2 Mm11

Edgars search area - the mathematics and logistics - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Edgars search area - the mathematics and logistics - Page 2 Mm11

Edgars search area - the mathematics and logistics - Page 2 Regist10

Edgars search area - the mathematics and logistics

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Edgars search area - the mathematics and logistics - Page 2 Empty Re: Edgars search area - the mathematics and logistics

Post by vaguely 07.01.10 18:52

I guess somewhere under his inability to think before he speaks he has a lot of experience.

Activity : 428

Back to top Go down

Edgars search area - the mathematics and logistics - Page 2 Empty Re: Edgars search area - the mathematics and logistics

Post by Autumn 07.01.10 19:01

I think that 'guess' is the operative word here. Given the bad track record of the McCanns' previous PI Agencies, wouldn't you think that they would learn from previous mistakes. Seems to me, the more incompetent and corrupt these agencies are, the more likely the McCanns are to employ them.
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 07.01.10 19:06

Autumn wrote:I think that 'guess' is the operative word here. Given the bad track record of the McCanns' previous PI Agencies, wouldn't you think that they would learn from previous mistakes. Seems to me, the more incompetent and corrupt these agencies are, the more likely the McCanns are to employ them.

I don't think Edgar is incompetent or corrupt. But I do think he's not overly press savvy.

I don't know where you start with employing PIs. I wonder whether there's a link between PIs and the dodgier side of life. Who you know and what you know type of thing. I don't imagine you'd get very far as a PI unless you had contacts.

Maybe I just watched too much Magnum as a kid.

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 07.01.10 19:27

DCB1 wrote:
rockyrobin wrote:A lot of the villagers rely on Petty theft to supplement their income.

Near where you live or any other particular place in mind?

I was just going to say where RR live maybe.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 07.01.10 19:31

vaguely wrote:I guess somewhere under his inability to think before he speaks he has a lot of experience.

Maybe that's the primary job requirement!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartibartfast 07.01.10 22:57

rockyrobin wrote:Trouble is when people phone the PJ up with info they are told it is closed, and that she is dead.

I remember this.
It was reported in a newspaper, IIRC
I'll see if I can dig it up.
It was around the time of the documentary last year.
Slartibartfast

Activity : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 07.01.10 23:12

I rememberthis as well. Butthat doesn't proveanything.
Cath

Activity : 626

Back to top Go down

Edgars search area - the mathematics and logistics - Page 2 Empty The amazing record of Brian Kennedy

Post by Tony Bennett 07.01.10 23:52

vaguely wrote:yup. he's a strange sort.
Personally chosen by Brian Kennedy.

Just as he chose Francisco Marco of Metodo 3.

Just as he chose Kevin Halligen of Red Defence and Oakley International.

What a record!

No wonder he is a double glazing multi-millionaire!
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartibartfast 07.01.10 23:55

Madeleine: Police Are 'Ignoring' New Clues
10:33pm UK, Monday May 25, 2009
Martin Brunt, crime correspondent
New clues in the Madeleine McCann case are being ignored by Portuguese police, according to sources in Portugal.

Madeleine McCann's disappearance sparked a huge search
Witnesses who have tried to pass on information about potential new sightings of Madeleine have been told by detectives they will not investigate "because the case is closed and Madeleine is dead."
It is understood details of four possible sightings were given to the Algarve detectives recently but were not followed up.
The Portuguese authorities called off their investigation last summer when they ran out of leads, saying they would re-open it only for a major development.

http://tinyurl.com/qssn6l
Slartibartfast

Activity : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by DCB1 08.01.10 0:02

Thanks for finding that.
DCB1

Activity : 365

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 08.01.10 0:18

Well that is what the "Real" (not ex- in someones pay) police think.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.01.10 1:36

Slartibartfast wrote:
Madeleine: Police Are 'Ignoring' New Clues
10:33pm UK, Monday May 25, 2009
Martin Brunt, crime correspondent
New clues in the Madeleine McCann case are being ignored by Portuguese police, according to sources in Portugal.

Madeleine McCann's disappearance sparked a huge search
Witnesses who have tried to pass on information about potential new sightings of Madeleine have been told by detectives they will not investigate "because the case is closed and Madeleine is dead."
It is understood details of four possible sightings were given to the Algarve detectives recently but were not followed up.
The Portuguese authorities called off their investigation last summer when they ran out of leads, saying they would re-open it only for a major development.

http://tinyurl.com/qssn6l

AH! BY Martin Brunt - no less!

No wonder the PJ ignored that kind of info (bogus sightings) - they refused to be led down the garden path!

One sentence above couldnt be made clearer "because the case is closed and Madeleine is dead" is supposed to mean "because abduction is closed and Madeleine is dead".

So, it seems a given the PJ is convinced there is no abduction because they knew Madeleine is dead?

Oh dear, the mccanns fighters wouldn't be pleased with that!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Finally 08.01.10 13:43

Hi
If the Portuguese authorities have actually done what was quoted above, surely that will strengthen Mr Amaral's case?

Take care
Finally

Activity : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 08.01.10 13:46

Who knows.

But writing a child off as dead, without evidence of of her death is worrying.

If they are taking the dogs as their proof then they need to speak again to Mr Grime.

Heartbreaking.

ETA, of course no source is mentioned, no witness directly quoted - maybe the PJ haven't said this and I'm unnecessarily thinking badly of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by DCB1 08.01.10 13:49

The last time I looked (quite a while ago) Madeleine was still listed on the Portuguese list of missing people.
DCB1

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 08.01.10 13:50

then maybe this is a Brunt special.

Back to top Go down

Post by DCB1 08.01.10 13:59

http://www.policiajudiciaria.pt/PortalWeb/page/%7BAA001182-B622-459A-BF72-FD6EDD83C76F%7D

Yes - she is still listed.
DCB1

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatsinaName 08.01.10 14:07

Thanks for posting that. They even updated her age.

NOME: Madeleine Beth McCann
IDADE ACTUAL: 6 anos
DATA DO DESAPARECIMENTO: 2007-05-03
WhatsinaName

Activity : 12

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top