The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Who took the tennis court photo?

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who took the tennis court photo?

Post by Hummingbird on 12.06.12 17:10

candyfloss wrote:From Bridget O'Donell's piece in the Guardian.......

We settled in over the following days. There was a warm camaraderie among the parents, a shared happy weariness and deadpan banter. Our children made friends in the kiddie club and at the drop-off, we would joke about the fact that there were 10 blonde three-year-old girls in the group. They were bound to boss around the two boys.

The children went sailing and swimming, played tennis and learned a dance routine for the end-of-week show. Each morning, our daughter ran ahead of us to get to the kiddie club. She was having a wonderful time. Jes signed up for tennis lessons. I read a book. He made friends. I read another book.
The Mark Warner nannies brought the children to the Tapas restaurant to have tea at the end of each day. It was a friendly gathering. The parents would stand and chat by the pool. We talked about the children, about what we did at home. We were hopeful about a change in the weather. We eyed our children as they played. We didn't see anyone watching.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann

So according to Bridget they did play tennis.

Does anyone ever mention seeing Madeleine at the Tapas for tea apart from the Nanny?

Maybe JT not sure will have a look (re tea at the tapas)

As for the tennis I am sure she does not mean that the creche put three year olds through a tough game of tennis on a full sized court with a full height net, adult racquets and hard balls!!

10 blonde girls in the group - I can only remember no more than 5 or 6 children being signed in every day! Where did these come from?

The mark warner nannies bought the children to the tapas bar for tea - who signed them out then because KM & GM say they sat with their children at tea times at the tapas for the creche group yet they signed them out!?

We were hopeful about a change in the weather - the last photo by the pool would seem their hopes were answered because they certainly look like they've had a good few warm days in that particular picture and the foilage seems very happy with it too (another topic perhaps!!!)

Hummingbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.06.12 18:49

No where near that amount of children as Bridget says. The above is for 3rd May, am and pm.

Above for the 2nd May

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CRECHE.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by garyp on 18.06.12 14:42

I have read quite a lot the last few days so may have missed it sorry

Is the tennis court photo in the PJ files?

Are all the photos in there?

garyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 18.06.12 14:51

@Hummingbird wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Molly wrote:Thanks, Candyfloss & Marian. I did read the book (then lent it to a friend) but have to admit I dozed through most of it. I think Kate claims to have taken it. She refers to running up to the apt to get the camera but not sure if she then mentions that she actually took the shot. I think it's Russell or Matt who mention that they think Jane took it. But they don't ask Jane in her interview. Interesting that they think it was Jane because that means it wasn't on Kate's camera when they looked for a suitable picture of Madeleine for the missing poster. I'd love to know when it was supposedly taken.

I have found the relevant piece I remembered. It was Jane who took the photo, on Thursday morning according to Rachael Oldfields statement:.......................

“The third of May, are you able to summarise the days activities”?

Reply “Yeah, the day was actually, it was different to the others because, well it was warmer weather wise, erm we went to the Millennium for breakfast as usual, erm we did that every day, Gerry and Kate didn’t, it was just too far for them to go with the twins, so they didn’t ever go for breakfast up there, I think apart from the first morning, erm so Matt, Grace and I went up to the Millennium, there was nobody else there from our group, erm and just as we were finishing and leaving, Russell arrived with Ella and Evie, erm Jane, because their tennis lesson had been cancelled the day before, Jane was in the, stayed back at the Ocean Club to start her lesson, cos that started at nine, erm and so I took Grace to the crèche and Matt stayed with Russell, erm and they took Ella, I think they took Ella down to her crèche and then the, Matt wanted to go down to the beach and go sailing, erm so I took Grace to crèche and then erm Matt and I were having a tennis lesson at eleven o’clock, and so basically it just, you know I just sat by the pool and read my book, sort of waiting for the tennis lesson and Kate, Kate was there and we sat together and had you know, chatted a bit, erm and then I think Diane might have been there as well, remember chatting to Kate cos we were talking about schools and that sort of thing, erm and holidays, erm and then I think it must have been at about ten thirty, Madeleine and Ella and their sort of group came to have a tennis lesson as part of their crèche activities, erm and Kate didn’t have her camera and Jane was there then as well and Jane took some photos of both Madeleine and Ella, that’s one, that poster of Madeleine with the tennis balls, that sort of pictures”.

Now in KM's book I think she says she took the photo and had to run back and get her camera I think on Tuesday - will have to search for that piece. It's just taken me hours to find the above one

Peter mac - this is where I got the fact (if that 's what you can call it!) that MM had turned up on the tennis courts as part of the creche activities.

Perhaps it is wrong though. What I am saying is that when little ones play 'tennis' it is called soft tennis and they play it with much softer brightly coloured balls and smaller lighter racquets. There is no way that 3 year olds would have used full sized 'hard' balls and full sized racquets let alone played proper tennis.

That was why I questioned this as I don't believe she was doing this as part of a creche activity. So it brings us back to who took it and when?

Now my brain hurts!!!!

I've looked at the tennis court photo of Madeleine a number of times and it looks to me as if her head has been photoshopped on to another child's body. If anyone took a photo of Madeleine on the tennis court, why would there only be the one photo? When parents or whoever take photos of their children, surely they would take a number of them in case only one photo doesn't come out right. With digital cameras you can take any number of photos as the "iffy" ones can always be erased as I do.
Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird on 18.06.12 14:57

@Newintown wrote:
@Hummingbird wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Molly wrote:Thanks, Candyfloss & Marian. I did read the book (then lent it to a friend) but have to admit I dozed through most of it. I think Kate claims to have taken it. She refers to running up to the apt to get the camera but not sure if she then mentions that she actually took the shot. I think it's Russell or Matt who mention that they think Jane took it. But they don't ask Jane in her interview. Interesting that they think it was Jane because that means it wasn't on Kate's camera when they looked for a suitable picture of Madeleine for the missing poster. I'd love to know when it was supposedly taken.

I have found the relevant piece I remembered. It was Jane who took the photo, on Thursday morning according to Rachael Oldfields statement:.......................

“The third of May, are you able to summarise the days activities”?

Reply “Yeah, the day was actually, it was different to the others because, well it was warmer weather wise, erm we went to the Millennium for breakfast as usual, erm we did that every day, Gerry and Kate didn’t, it was just too far for them to go with the twins, so they didn’t ever go for breakfast up there, I think apart from the first morning, erm so Matt, Grace and I went up to the Millennium, there was nobody else there from our group, erm and just as we were finishing and leaving, Russell arrived with Ella and Evie, erm Jane, because their tennis lesson had been cancelled the day before, Jane was in the, stayed back at the Ocean Club to start her lesson, cos that started at nine, erm and so I took Grace to the crèche and Matt stayed with Russell, erm and they took Ella, I think they took Ella down to her crèche and then the, Matt wanted to go down to the beach and go sailing, erm so I took Grace to crèche and then erm Matt and I were having a tennis lesson at eleven o’clock, and so basically it just, you know I just sat by the pool and read my book, sort of waiting for the tennis lesson and Kate, Kate was there and we sat together and had you know, chatted a bit, erm and then I think Diane might have been there as well, remember chatting to Kate cos we were talking about schools and that sort of thing, erm and holidays, erm and then I think it must have been at about ten thirty, Madeleine and Ella and their sort of group came to have a tennis lesson as part of their crèche activities, erm and Kate didn’t have her camera and Jane was there then as well and Jane took some photos of both Madeleine and Ella, that’s one, that poster of Madeleine with the tennis balls, that sort of pictures”.

Now in KM's book I think she says she took the photo and had to run back and get her camera I think on Tuesday - will have to search for that piece. It's just taken me hours to find the above one

Peter mac - this is where I got the fact (if that 's what you can call it!) that MM had turned up on the tennis courts as part of the creche activities.

Perhaps it is wrong though. What I am saying is that when little ones play 'tennis' it is called soft tennis and they play it with much softer brightly coloured balls and smaller lighter racquets. There is no way that 3 year olds would have used full sized 'hard' balls and full sized racquets let alone played proper tennis.

That was why I questioned this as I don't believe she was doing this as part of a creche activity. So it brings us back to who took it and when?

Now my brain hurts!!!!

I've looked at the tennis court photo of Madeleine a number of times and it looks to me as if her head has been photoshopped on to another child's body. If anyone took a photo of Madeleine on the tennis court, why would there only be the one photo? When parents or whoever take photos of their children, surely they would take a number of them in case only one photo doesn't come out right. With digital cameras you can take any number of photos as the "iffy" ones can always be erased as I do.

Agree, and if you enlarge it and then draw a natural line of the tennis ball that is under her chin it seems impossible for that ball to be where it is - it is too high under the chin and jawbone!

Hummingbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 18.06.12 15:04

The joy of a digital camera is you can take heaps of photos of the same 'scenario' and not wonder about what comes back from the developers. We only know of one photo that has been released into the public domain but surely that photo has more than one 'click' on a camera. Digital cameras are a delight, you can see what you just snapped within an instance and take it again. The only reason to clear the 'duff' photos is to clear the camera's memory card to make room for more photos. I do hope the police took the Mc's and their friends' cameras.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by garyp on 18.06.12 21:43

@garyp wrote:I have read quite a lot the last few days so may have missed it sorry

Is the tennis court photo in the PJ files?

Are all the photos in there?
Don't worry read the whole thread now and know it is not in the files

garyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 01.07.12 0:29

@jd wrote:
Kate didn't describe the colour correctly - she said it was apricot, the dress is pink

I think this says exactly how much this photo means if kate mccann cannot even remember the correct colour! Mind you it is probably hard to keep up the continuity of the lie from a made up photo of years back

Maybe Kate is colour blind? It's possible - yes?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.07.12 0:39

Anything's possible of course but it's rare for women to be colour blind. I'd put money on the more likely solution being as JD suggested.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 01.07.12 0:45

I think kate mccann was remembering what Amelie was wearing, orange/apricot colour top. Must be hard to keep up the continuity of all the so many lies winkwink
jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 01.07.12 1:37

@Spaniel wrote:True about buying in the sales. I suppose the clothes were too Summery for Ireland? The emphasis on the clothes and removal of the bead niggles me as there is a reason IMO. It's as if it was anticipated that there would be doubts, so they were pre-empted.

The "bead removal" just triggers off something quite opposite from preparing for bed for me. Maybe she was describing a different scenario and its given as "filling in narrative" for leading us to confirm Madeleine was there on the evening of 3rd. Is it possible she was describing its removal as it could identify Madeleine.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 01.07.12 1:47

@Angelique wrote: The "bead removal" just triggers off something quite opposite from preparing for bed for me. Maybe she was describing a different scenario and its given as "filling in narrative" for leading us to confirm Madeleine was there on the evening of 3rd. Is it possible she was describing its removal as it could identify Madeleine.

Maybe it was something to do with the poolside last photo? The bead on Maddies hair does look so photoshopped in
jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 01.07.12 2:05

@jd wrote:
@Angelique wrote: The "bead removal" just triggers off something quite opposite from preparing for bed for me. Maybe she was describing a different scenario and its given as "filling in narrative" for leading us to confirm Madeleine was there on the evening of 3rd. Is it possible she was describing its removal as it could identify Madeleine.

Maybe it was something to do with the poolside last photo? The bead on Maddies hair does look so photoshopped in

jd

Yes - I see what you mean. The picture of Madeleine could be as tigger says - previous August/September and bead added as it was "in fashion" for that year.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 01.07.12 2:22

@Angelique wrote: Yes - I see what you mean. The picture of Madeleine could be as tigger says - previous August/September and bead added as it was "in fashion" for that year.

Yes. And kate mccann does like to portray herself as knowing about fashion! There is another photo or 2 with the bead in Maddies hair, from memory I think one may be the makeup photo. I am not sure what I am meaning by this except the 'bead' has raised my suspicions too, for some reason I cannot pinpoint
jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 01.07.12 10:33

The careful removal of the hair bead for me means just the opposite. Sorry but I picture Madeleine crying and wriggling as the hair is pulled as a hair ornament is removed and a tired over stressed mother loosing her temper with her. Hence the 'careful' removal. In my opinion Kate McCann gives answers before the question, to prevent the question.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 02.07.12 20:35

I agree, strange the need to say she removed the bead carefully. How else would one remove it?

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 02.07.12 20:43

@Snifferdog wrote:I agree, strange the need to say she removed the bead carefully. How else would one remove it?

When did Kate first speak about this bead. Was it in her bewk.
It's just that I think the photo is of a younger Madeleine, taken the summer before.
At that time, re cake photo, she was wearing her hair plaited or held back.
Did Kate realise after the photo was published that the bead could date the photo back and so she makes a scene about taking it out, to make is seem 3 May 2007 and in use during the PdL holiday.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.07.12 20:48

"BEFORE the dogs" I took the "careful removing of the beads" as a preemtive Gerry BLOG-entry in that they were NOT removed and she might have choked on them. In fact, most of my ideas about this case changed AFTER the dogs went into apt. 5A and the villa ... I says ideas "plural" as I still haven't been able to definitely decide on one of them ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 02.07.12 21:13

Châtelaine wrote:"BEFORE the dogs" I took the "careful removing of the beads" as a preemtive Gerry BLOG-entry in that they were NOT removed and she might have choked on them. In fact, most of my ideas about this case changed AFTER the dogs went into apt. 5A and the villa ... I says ideas "plural" as I still haven't been able to definitely decide on one of them ...
Then again there is the blood to consider, unless they performed an unsuccessful tracheotomy to remove it, but this still would not explain why the coverup?

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dentdelion on 02.07.12 22:45

I thought it was decided on close examination that the poolside photo was not a bead but an elastic ponytail ring?
dentdelion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.07.12 22:52

@dentdelion wrote:I thought it was decided on close examination that the poolside photo was not a bead but an elastic ponytail ring?
Yes, and having established that a couple of years ago, it makes the whole futile detail even more suspicious ...

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 08.09.12 23:10

@jd wrote:* Rachael Oldfield is claiming in her rogatory interview the Tennis photo was taken by Jane Tanner on Thursday 3rd at 10.30 am
* But Catriona Baker claims in her rogatory interview that on Thursday 3rd at 10.30 am Maddie is sailing and crying at the launch of the yellow safety boat
* Kate mccann says in her book that she took the photo on Tuesday 1st in the morning. "Standing there listening intently to Cat’s instructions, she looked so gorgeous in her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion."
* Jane tanner says the picture was taken on the Wednesday (But tennis was cancelled due to the rain)
* The creche schedule puts mini tennis as the activity for Monday morning not Tuesday as Kate mccann suggests
* The police say the know this photo was taken at 10.29am on Thursday May 3rd with a racquet during fiona paynes rogatory interview

-----------
* This photo is not on the list of photos the PJ took from their cameras (coincidentally on the 9th May 2007)
* On May 9th 2007 back in the UK, Philomena McCann sends this photo as part of the 'e-poster' campaign

-----

How can they all get it so wrong?

Georgina Louise Jackson Statement - Tennis Coach (coincidentally from Norwich)

She relates it was one of the preferred activities of the McCann couple in that they had several lessons throughout the days and up to the date of the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine, it being that the child also had a class, on Tuesday, 1 May (10-11h00), that class [in which] she was among a group of children was conducted by the deponent.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/Georgina_Jackson.htm

Apart from not seeing any sign of any child (or any human being) in the tennis photo, nor rackets, clothes, creche bracelets, any child belongings from any child..the creche activity sheets has Tennis on Monday morning...Tuesday morning is for splash and swim

--------
Rachael Oldfield is claiming in her rogatory interview the Tennis photo was taken by Jane Tanner on Thursday 3rd at 10.30 am

Wasn't Rachael playing tennis at the time kate mcann claimed to have run back to get her camera on Tuesday morning. David Payne seems to have been playing on court 2 at the same time on the Tuesday morning

-------
Rachael Oldfield RI

I think you've already covered this one, when was the last time you saw Madeleine''
Reply 'Erm it was when she was having a tennis lesson, in the morning yeah, about probably between ten thirty and eleven on the morning of the third of May'.

00.41.13 1578 'At the tennis courts''
Reply 'Yes at the tennis courts'.

--------
gerry mccann 10th May statement

In the following days they always took breakfast at home, shopping the day before, generally maintaining the daily routine described above. When the children were at creche they had tennis classes, KATE at 09h15, he an hour later, from Monday to Thursday.
----- From memory, on Tuesday, 1 May 2007, being shown by RUSSELL, he went to pick up MADELEINE at creche using a short-cut that began at the car park opposite the secondary reception and went between the buildings, which he used to fetch and carry his daughter.

Where is he picking Maddie up from? Can't be the tennis courts
-----------
Russell O'Brien RI

I recall going for a sailing lesson on Tuesday and Jane went to play tennis, we collected the kids as usual around lunchtime, Kate and Gerry had lunch in their apartment as they did on most days. I went out in the afternoon to the beach I was with Matt and as far as I can recall we went out kayaking

So now Jane Tanner was also playing tennis on Tuesday morning! And did gerry mccann go sailing with ROB on Tuesday morning! Nobody has ever mentioned gerry mccann went sailing

I reckon that Tuesday morning kate and gerry mccann, ROB were having a crisis meeting with the owners of MW/OC...one murat was hauled back late on Monday to come back for

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 09.09.12 9:04

@jd wrote:
@jd wrote:* Rachael Oldfield is claiming in her rogatory interview the Tennis photo was taken by Jane Tanner on Thursday 3rd at 10.30 am
* But Catriona Baker claims in her rogatory interview that on Thursday 3rd at 10.30 am Maddie is sailing and crying at the launch of the yellow safety boat
* Kate mccann says in her book that she took the photo on Tuesday 1st in the morning. "Standing there listening intently to Cat’s instructions, she looked so gorgeous in her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion."
* Jane tanner says the picture was taken on the Wednesday (But tennis was cancelled due to the rain)
* The creche schedule puts mini tennis as the activity for Monday morning not Tuesday as Kate mccann suggests
* The police say the know this photo was taken at 10.29am on Thursday May 3rd with a racquet during fiona paynes rogatory interview

-----------
* This photo is not on the list of photos the PJ took from their cameras (coincidentally on the 9th May 2007)
* On May 9th 2007 back in the UK, Philomena McCann sends this photo as part of the 'e-poster' campaign

-----

How can they all get it so wrong?

Georgina Louise Jackson Statement - Tennis Coach (coincidentally from Norwich)

She relates it was one of the preferred activities of the McCann couple in that they had several lessons throughout the days and up to the date of the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine, it being that the child also had a class, on Tuesday, 1 May (10-11h00), that class [in which] she was among a group of children was conducted by the deponent.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/Georgina_Jackson.htm

Apart from not seeing any sign of any child (or any human being) in the tennis photo, nor rackets, clothes, creche bracelets, any child belongings from any child..the creche activity sheets has Tennis on Monday morning...Tuesday morning is for splash and swim

--------
Rachael Oldfield is claiming in her rogatory interview the Tennis photo was taken by Jane Tanner on Thursday 3rd at 10.30 am

Wasn't Rachael playing tennis at the time kate mcann claimed to have run back to get her camera on Tuesday morning. David Payne seems to have been playing on court 2 at the same time on the Tuesday morning

-------
Rachael Oldfield RI

I think you've already covered this one, when was the last time you saw Madeleine''
Reply 'Erm it was when she was having a tennis lesson, in the morning yeah, about probably between ten thirty and eleven on the morning of the third of May'.

00.41.13 1578 'At the tennis courts''
Reply 'Yes at the tennis courts'.

--------
gerry mccann 10th May statement

In the following days they always took breakfast at home, shopping the day before, generally maintaining the daily routine described above. When the children were at creche they had tennis classes, KATE at 09h15, he an hour later, from Monday to Thursday.
----- From memory, on Tuesday, 1 May 2007, being shown by RUSSELL, he went to pick up MADELEINE at creche using a short-cut that began at the car park opposite the secondary reception and went between the buildings, which he used to fetch and carry his daughter.

Where is he picking Maddie up from? Can't be the tennis courts
-----------
Russell O'Brien RI

I recall going for a sailing lesson on Tuesday and Jane went to play tennis, we collected the kids as usual around lunchtime, Kate and Gerry had lunch in their apartment as they did on most days. I went out in the afternoon to the beach I was with Matt and as far as I can recall we went out kayaking

So now Jane Tanner was also playing tennis on Tuesday morning! And did gerry mccann go sailing with ROB on Tuesday morning! Nobody has ever mentioned gerry mccann went sailing

I reckon that Tuesday morning kate and gerry mccann, ROB were having a crisis meeting with the owners of MW/OC...one murat was hauled back late on Monday to come back for

Good morning jd. The final in red, just struck me, could RM have been acting as a translator for a crisis meeting?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hummingbird on 09.09.12 10:41

Interesting, but crisis meeting about what?

It has been plainly obvious to most that this was never a holiday

1. KM apparantly wasn't sure about going, probably because she was not involved in the business side of things and felt she would be left with 3 children to look after and wouldn't have her freedom to jog and play tennis and be 'into each of the tapas group'!!

2. The comment GM made on the bus about not being there to enjoy himself. I would love to know WHO and WHEN it was released as I think that is one of their biggest mistakes. They thought it would show a 'happy family' including a child we are to believe was MM but they hadn't listened properly to his throw away comment!! Why would a father of 3 young children who apparantly needed a holiday sit and use that language in front of his and other children and why would he say he was not there to enjoy himself? Obvious that all the other adults there know he isn't there for a holiday too otherwise someone would have said 'why not Gerry?'

Hummingbird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.09.12 10:50

@Hummingbird wrote:[...]
2. The comment GM made on the bus about not being there to enjoy himself.
[...]
I have been made to understand by Scottish friends that "Hand me the f*cking hammer, you stupid bastard" actually means "Can I have the hammer please, darling" ... big grin

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum