The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Who took the tennis court photo?

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who took the tennis court photo?

Post by Guest on 21.07.11 13:20

You know the photo of Madeleine with the tennis balls ( I tried uploading but couldn't), does anyone know who took it & when?

Back to top Go down

Re: Who took the tennis court photo?

Post by Guest on 21.07.11 13:26

Molly wrote:You know the photo of Madeleine with the tennis balls ( I tried uploading but couldn't), does anyone know who took it & when?

I was reading this the other day somewhere Molly, and can remember there seem to be two versions. One was that KM took it and the other was one of the tapas women took it, it may have been Jane Tanner,(not sure about that), and they were taken on different days. I wish I could remember where I saw it. Will try and find it - unless someone has more info on this.

Back to top Go down

A load of (tennis) balls

Post by Guest on 21.07.11 13:29

I was under the impression that Kate said in her book (so it must be true!) that she took the photo on 3rd May. I'm sure that someone who has been brave enough to read the whole book will be able to confirm this or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.07.11 13:56

Thanks, Candyfloss & Marian. I did read the book (then lent it to a friend) but have to admit I dozed through most of it. I think Kate claims to have taken it. She refers to running up to the apt to get the camera but not sure if she then mentions that she actually took the shot. I think it's Russell or Matt who mention that they think Jane took it. But they don't ask Jane in her interview. Interesting that they think it was Jane because that means it wasn't on Kate's camera when they looked for a suitable picture of Madeleine for the missing poster. I'd love to know when it was supposedly taken.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.07.11 15:38

Molly wrote:Thanks, Candyfloss & Marian. I did read the book (then lent it to a friend) but have to admit I dozed through most of it. I think Kate claims to have taken it. She refers to running up to the apt to get the camera but not sure if she then mentions that she actually took the shot. I think it's Russell or Matt who mention that they think Jane took it. But they don't ask Jane in her interview. Interesting that they think it was Jane because that means it wasn't on Kate's camera when they looked for a suitable picture of Madeleine for the missing poster. I'd love to know when it was supposedly taken.

I have found the relevant piece I remembered. It was Jane who took the photo, on Thursday morning according to Rachael Oldfields statement:.......................

“The third of May, are you able to summarise the days activities”?

Reply “Yeah, the day was actually, it was different to the others because, well it was warmer weather wise, erm we went to the Millennium for breakfast as usual, erm we did that every day, Gerry and Kate didn’t, it was just too far for them to go with the twins, so they didn’t ever go for breakfast up there, I think apart from the first morning, erm so Matt, Grace and I went up to the Millennium, there was nobody else there from our group, erm and just as we were finishing and leaving, Russell arrived with Ella and Evie, erm Jane, because their tennis lesson had been cancelled the day before, Jane was in the, stayed back at the Ocean Club to start her lesson, cos that started at nine, erm and so I took Grace to the crèche and Matt stayed with Russell, erm and they took Ella, I think they took Ella down to her crèche and then the, Matt wanted to go down to the beach and go sailing, erm so I took Grace to crèche and then erm Matt and I were having a tennis lesson at eleven o’clock, and so basically it just, you know I just sat by the pool and read my book, sort of waiting for the tennis lesson and Kate, Kate was there and we sat together and had you know, chatted a bit, erm and then I think Diane might have been there as well, remember chatting to Kate cos we were talking about schools and that sort of thing, erm and holidays, erm and then I think it must have been at about ten thirty, Madeleine and Ella and their sort of group came to have a tennis lesson as part of their crèche activities, erm and Kate didn’t have her camera and Jane was there then as well and Jane took some photos of both Madeleine and Ella, that’s one, that poster of Madeleine with the tennis balls, that sort of pictures”.

Now in KM's book I think she says she took the photo and had to run back and get her camera I think on Tuesday - will have to search for that piece. It's just taken me hours to find the above one big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.07.11 15:59

Well done Candyfloss.

I think this is quite relevant and could do with a thread all of it's own, split from the creche thread. What do you think ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.07.11 16:12

Stella wrote:Well done Candyfloss.

I think this is quite relevant and could do with a thread all of it's own, split from the creche thread. What do you think ?

Good idea Stella, as it takes away from the creche posts, what shall we call it? The Tennis Court photo?

Do you want to start it? Do you know how to move the posts there? I've got a bloody headache reading all those rogatories big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.07.11 16:15

I will start the thread and TRY to move the posts, but if I get into difficulty, I might need a bit of a hand.

ETA Yeah !! I got there in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.07.11 16:29

So Rachel thinks that Jane took that photo. How Interesting.
It was ideal for the PJ on the night, being current and shows the full body, yet Jane did not think to check her camera.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.07.11 16:37

I cannot see this picture listed in the photo index of the PJ files. Was this given to a newspaper and never given to the PJ by any chance?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.07.11 16:40

There is some interesting old articles on McCannfiles. http://www.mccannfiles.com/id367.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.07.11 16:41

Stella wrote:So Rachel thinks that Jane took that photo. How Interesting.
It was ideal for the PJ on the night, being current and shows the full body, yet Jane did not think to check her camera.

And here is the bit from Kate's booky which says she took the photo on Tuesday after running back to the apartment to fetch it............................

On Tuesday 1 May, after my tennis lesson, two maintenance workers came to have a look at our washing machine, which I couldn’t get to operate. Gerry had also managed to break the window shutter mechanism in our bedroom shortly after we’d arrived, in spite of the sign asking guests to be gentle with it. What can I say? It’s the Gerry touch . . . The two men looked at the washing machine first. Once they’d established that the problem was something simple – not quite as simple as me not having pressed the ‘on’ button, but not much more complicated than that – I went to meet Gerry, whose lesson had started at ten-fifteen, leaving them to fix the shutter.
During Gerry’s tennis lesson, Madeleine and Ella came to the adjoining court with their Mini Club for a mini-tennis session. Jane and I stayed to watch them. It chokes me remembering how my heart soared with pride in Madeleine that morning. She was so happy and obviously enjoying herself. Standing there listening intently to Cat’s instructions, she looked so gorgeous in her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion. One of my photographs is known around the world now: a smiling Madeleine clutching armfuls of tennis balls. At the end of their session, the children had been asked to run around the court and pick up as many balls as they could. Madeleine had done really well and was very pleased with herself. Gerry loves that picture.

Rachael Oldfield says it was taken on Thursday 3rd May - Kate says Tuesday 1st?????????????? Rachael says Jane took it, Kate says she did????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.07.11 16:48

I think they are both lying, to be honest.

I've never felt comfortable with the size of Madeleine in that shot and if she did die on the evening of the 29th and it is proved one day that she did, then it's a fake and both are responsible for the deception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie on 21.07.11 17:09

KM would claim she took the photo...it's known all around the world. This is what it's really all about to KM & GM, fame and the fund. She did write something in her book that when leaving Portugal followed by the paparazzi she thought of Princess Diana, so she was already thinking fame and money.

Ollie

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 21.07.11 17:19

candyfloss wrote:
Rachael Oldfield says it was taken on Thursday 3rd May - Kate says Tuesday 1st. Rachael says Jane took it, Kate says she did.
Why do you expect them any of them to tell the truth, or to tell the same story ?
They had trouble with the bits of the story they clearly rehearsed, so when faced with something out of the blue like this they don't stand a chance.
Poor things.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.07.11 19:45

Thanks, Candyfloss. Apologies, Stella. I think it's a real shame they never asked Jane outright. It's obviously another smokescreen. I wonder if this was photoshopped onto the tennis court and if it is the last picture of Madeleine. It sure breaks my heart to look at her little image in contrast to Kate's words.

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly on 22.07.11 0:43

Rosa is quite good for pictures and photos, What date was pool photo taken? and can it be worked out what days were which according to outfits Madeleine wore? just an idea

“The third of May, are you able to summarise the days activities”?

Reply “Yeah, the day was actually, it was different to the others because, well it was warmer weather wise.

What day did Maddie get the sunburn then if the previous days were cooler? (sunburn was explained for bruises I read somewhere, )

dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 22.07.11 2:10

Marian wrote:I was under the impression that Kate said in her book (so it must be true!) that she took the photo on 3rd May. I'm sure that someone who has been brave enough to read the whole book will be able to confirm this or not.

Not only does she claim she took the photo, she also has to point out the photo is now known all over the world.
The woman has a serious case of megalomania imo, but here read for your self from the book:
Standing there listening intently to Cat’s instructions, she looked so gorgeous in her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion. One of my photographs is known around the world now: a smiling Madeleine clutching armfuls of tennis balls.

ETA:
Ai, I see I am a little late to the table, as usual.

We should not forget that Kate is a compulsive liar. Even if it does not serve a purpose, she will lie, she is simple not capable of speaking a straightforward truth.
Very often her lies are not important in the sense of essential to the investigation. She often lies to make herself look better, or more educated or sophisticated, failing most of the time hopelessly. Because she "dresses up" about everything it is very hard to determine what are important lies or not. I think Katey lies here, just because it is a very cute photo and she wants to claim the honor for that. I don't think there is anything important about this lie, other than Katey trying to look better again.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 22.07.11 2:23

Thankyou dragonfly
biggergrin
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.07.11 9:51

Molly wrote:Thanks, Candyfloss. Apologies, Stella.

There's no need to apologise Molly. It's just that with all the really important stuff that one day we may need to revisit when new information comes to light, it just makes it easier to find the right thread if it has a dedicated one all of it's own.

You see, I have many years of complicated and very important filing techniques behind me, which helps with foresight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.07.11 18:23

lj wrote:
Marian wrote:

Standing there listening intently to Cat’s instructions, she looked so gorgeous in her little T-shirt and shorts, pink hat, ankle socks and new holiday sandals that I ran back to our apartment for my camera to record the occasion. One of my photographs is known around the world now: a smiling Madeleine clutching armfuls of tennis balls.

She often lies to make herself look better, or more educated or sophisticated, failing most of the time hopelessly. Because she "dresses up" about everything it is very hard to determine what are important lies or not. I think Katey lies here, just because it is a very cute photo and she wants to claim the honor for that. I don't think there is anything important about this lie, other than Katey trying to look better again.

Yes, it sure is one of her embellishments in every sense of the word. Looking at poor little Madeleine in her mismatched outfit (sorry gorgeous t-shirt yada yada) with her "sunburn" clutching those tennis balls makes me think of Orphan Annie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.07.11 8:27

Why was she dressed appropriately for tennis (in shorts/t-shirt) and yet was not wearing the essential footwear of trainers, which she was wearing to fly out there and was seen wearing them by the cleaners daughter one lunch time.

The strappy sandals is what makes that photo a joke.

Back to top Go down

Not only who took the photo but also who is the girl?

Post by Guest on 23.07.11 9:20

Kate's description of the scenario of the tennis balls photo is so saccharine laden it sets my teeth on edge. She certainly has a vivid imagination when it comes to trying to persuade us that this was a happy family holiday. The biggest problem I have with the photo is that it looks nothing like the child in the supposed "last" more famous image at the poolside. I don't remember seeing the tennis one back in 2007 or I would have commented then that it wasn't the same child.

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick on 23.07.11 9:28

happychick

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 23.07.11 9:37

M did not go tp creche if M is dead on 28th all photos have a ? on it
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top