The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Brenda Ryan's Open Apology to the McCanns

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Brenda Ryan's Open Apology to the McCanns

Post by lj on 04.07.11 17:24

Innocent of what?

Or does she think now too what they did was responsible parenting?

As I said before: I loath people who change their opinion because of sympathy or antipathy they receive.

Brenda never recovered of not being the omnipotent admin of one of the biggest fora on Madeleine McCann again after the fall of 3As. Now she is trying the other side.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 04.07.11 17:25

@PeterMac wrote:
Marian wrote: Don't worry, it's probably me having a senior moment.
No problem. Just sit down in a Tapas bar and forget about everything else. Your worries just melt away.

Or disappear in other ways, heck they might even be abducted.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 04.07.11 17:34

@lj wrote:Or disappear in other ways, ....
"'But oh, beamish nephew, beware of the day,
If your Snark be a Boojum! For then
You will softly and suddenly vanish away,
And never be met with again!'

That's it. The PJ were hunting for a Snark all the time, when they should have been concentrating on a Boojum ! No wonder they failed.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by merina on 04.07.11 17:36

Marian wrote:Did I imagine it or was there a story here in the last couple of weeks about another former McCann sceptic forum administrator who was now convinced they were innocent? I can't find the story now but I know that when I was reading about Brenda Ryan I thought that it was the second time I'd heard of this happening.

Was it this??

http://regretsandramblings.com/2011/06/16/get-well-soon/

merina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 04.07.11 17:42

Then, silence. One fancied she saw in the road
   A weary and wandering man
That carried a “bundle” but the others declare
   It was only a breeze that went by.

They hunted till darkness came on, but they found
   Not a button, or feather, or mark,
By which they could tell that they stood on the ground
   Where young Maddie had met with the Snark.

In the midst of the game she was trying to play,
   In the midst of her laughter and glee,
She had softly and suddenly vanished away -
   For her Snark was a Boojum, you see.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

It's a lady's prerogative to change her mind?

Post by Guest on 04.07.11 19:49

Thanks for that Merina but the link is for Brenda Ryan's own website on which her grief-stricken apology to the McCanns first appeared. I must be mistaken to have thought I'd seen a similar sort of message from another person. Brenda is wishing her former friend and colleague Ms Marbles well on her site. I wonder if she knows how poisonous and vitriolic Ms M has become in recent years. To be fair to Brenda from my quick glance at her site, she does seem to be civil and that goes a long way in my book even if I will never agree with her about anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by merina on 04.07.11 20:14

Marian wrote:Thanks for that Merina but the link is for Brenda Ryan's own website on which her grief-stricken apology to the McCanns first appeared. I must be mistaken to have thought I'd seen a similar sort of message from another person. Brenda is wishing her former friend and colleague Ms Marbles well on her site. I wonder if she knows how poisonous and vitriolic Ms M has become in recent years. To be fair to Brenda from my quick glance at her site, she does seem to be civil and that goes a long way in my book even if I will never agree with her about anything.

It's the same site that the apology is on

http://regretsandramblings.com/an-open-apology/

merina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BRENDA RYAN:'Keep chipping away at Team McCann and they will crumble'

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.07.11 20:24

Just for the historical record, here is a complete run of e-mails (six in all) between myself and Brenda Ryan back in April 2009 when The Madeleine Foundation had begun a petition against the fraudulent Channel 4/Mentorn 'mockumentary' shown around the second anniversary of Madeleine being reported missing.

I've not left out or altered a word; they were sent on 6 and 7 April:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1. FROM TONY TO VARIOUS - 6 APRIL 2009

Dear all,

Petition against the proposed Channel 4 Madeleine documentary - which will be a so-called 'reconstruction' directed by Clarence Mitchell and Dr Gerald McCann - just started.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/6789zyxw/petition.html

Please sign it and spread the word - see below.

Tony Bennett
Secretary
The Madeleine Foundation

--- On Mon, 6/4/09, PetitionOnline.com wrote:

Subject: Your Petition Now Live At PetitionOnline
To: "Anthony Bennett"
Date: Monday, 6 April, 2009, 10:18 PM

Dear Anthony Bennett,

Thank you for using our free petition hosting service.
Your "No to Channel 4 Maddie Documentary" petition is now live online
at www.PetitionOnline.com, and it will be considered for linking from the
PetitionOnline.com directory pages.

The main URL for your petition is: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/6789zyxw/petition.html

Now that your petition is actually live here on the web, we recommend
you put some energy into spreading the word. The concept is simple: the
more people you can send to read your petition, the more people will
sign it and thus contribute to your cause.

In addition to promoting your petition on your own web pages, ideas for encouraging visitors to your petition include e-mailing a petition announcement to your friends and sympathizers, submiting your petition page to major search engines, promoting the petition in appropriate news groups and online forums, and getting as many good incoming links
connected to your petition as possible. Consider contacting the traditional media press as well, locally or nationally, as appropriate.

++++++

2. SAME DAY, BRENDA TO TONY
Date: Monday, 6 April, 2009, 11:30 PM

Hi Tony

I have just signed the petitions and noticed it is getting defaced already. I don't know if you can remove signatures but there are some that should be removed.

My god these people are sick, why do this, they have no respect for that poor child.

Bren

++++++

3. TONY TO BRENDA, SAME DAY

Bren,

I have discovered (rapidly) that I can pre-moderate comments, I have done that now so that will put paid to the disruptors.

I have left on a few digs at me which I can live with.

So hopefully those who are opposed to this programme can carry on signing

Tony Bennett

++++++

4. BRENDA TO TONY AGAIN

Hi Tony

Thanks for doing that.

Nos. 77, 79, 82, 92, 110,149,153, 154, 158, 161, 162 and 163 are troll ones Tony.

Think you are going to have your hands full, looks like the trolls have decided to deface this petition until it eventually gets scrapped.

Bren

++++++

5. TONY AGAIN TO BRENDA 6 APRIL 2007

Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 11:42 PM
To:
thethreearguidos
Subject: Re: Your Petition Now Live At PetitionOnline

Have now removed the worst 15 including I think all references to you.

++++++

6. BRENDA TO TONY 7 APRIL 2009
7 April

Tony

That is brilliant that you can pre-moderate comments, that will definitely upset the disruptors. All we can do is chip away at Team McCann and eventually they will crumble. And if there is any help you want please contact us and we will help all we can.

Bren

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 04.07.11 20:58

To Brenda
shutup
ROSA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Civility

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.07.11 21:02

Marian wrote:To be fair to Brenda from my quick glance at her site, she does seem to be civil and that goes a long way in my book even if I will never agree with her about anything.
Marian,

Brenda Ryan wrote the following in her 'apology':

My selfish actions gave a platform and an arena to a man who is beyond contempt in my eyes. A man who will stop at nothing in his attempt to tarnish the family and friends of a missing child with his horrendous accusations and his actions that cause as much pain to a child’s family, ever imaginable. A man who will stop at nothing in order to satisfy his own insatiable quest to inflict as much pain and suffering as he can on the family of a missing child. A man that proclaims he cares for your daughter but leads people to believe that Madeleine is not a findable living child.

Whether he would have gained such an audience if the3arguidos had never been created I don’t know. And for allowing this man to have free access to a forum that caused you so much pain, I sincerely apologise to you both and realise my actions were so wrong. And knowing full well that my actions of allowing him to post on that forum gained him popularity, and for that action I can only offer you both my unreservedly sincere regrets and profound apologies.

As they say hindsight is such a wonderful thing and when I say I wish I could turn back the clock I truly mean it. If I could have had access to a crystal ball for just one split second back in November 2007, no way would I have ever clicked on that submit button that created that monster of a forum.

UNQUOTE

Do you think the words in red above are 'civil'?
Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 04.07.11 21:16

Tony, you could argue this is 'civil' but it is absolutely over the top and raises issues about the state of her mental health.

Do you know anything about her background? does she have problems (more than we all do)?
pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A question for Brenda Ryan

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.07.11 21:30

@pauline wrote:Tony, you could argue this is 'civil' but it is absolutely over the top and raises issues about the state of her mental health.

Do you know anything about her background? does she have problems (more than we all do)?
I think that if you look at the history of Brenda Ryan's words and actions, they speak for themeselves. The same goes for her former mate at 3As, 'bonny braes', between whom there was a bitter fall-out in March 2009. They are now (more or less) mates again.

Both women began by abusing the McCanns in terms as bad as any seen on any of the Madeleine forums (anyone remember Ryan's notorious avatars?), but have now both sworn enmity to those who continue to pursue the truth about what really happened to Madeleine.

There is much that is very instructive in all of this; beyond that, I don't wish to comment.

One thing that would be very interesting, though, is what answer both of them would give to this question:

Why do you think it is that the McCanns' lead investigator in 2007, Antonio Jimenez, and their lead investigator in 2008, Kevin Halligen, were both crooks who both ended up in jail?
Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 07.07.11 19:45

@pauline wrote:Tony, you could argue this is 'civil' but it is absolutely over the top and raises issues about the state of her mental health.

Have to agree - her mental state is questionable.

Changing her mind is one thing which is rightfully her perogative, but going to the extent of licking the arse of mccann by grovelling to them with a public apology is so strange given that Maddie's case is still unsolved and remains to this day very much a mystery.

Even if she's given the mccann benefit of doubt, without a shred of evidence supporting abduction surely it would be wiser to adopt an open mind instead of switching from one extreme to another extreme.
Her behavior is so radical that does not reflect a rationale mind.

It more like she's taking a swipe at TB more than anything else b/c the
way I see it even had she wanted to boot lick the mccann after her 180 degrees change of mind there was no need to include her snide remarks about TB. It's more like she's using the article to express her hatred for the man who knocked her out of the limelight.

It's a shame to see Maddie has been sidelined again in favour of her lying parents.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 07.07.11 20:22

Aiyoyo, glad you too think there's a mental health issue here.

I think you're right that an underlying issue is a hatred of Tony. There's no need to attack him. He didn't take madeleine.

I have been involved with many voluntary organisations, often with a lobbying/political slant - and have often seen personality clashes ruin the organisation, and force others to leave. I'm relatively new to internet forums on the Madeleine case so I'm only vaguely aware of of the names/pseudonyms of those involved with different forums since she disappeared.

In my experience sometimes people give a lot of time to a cause, because they have time on their hands, because they have a certain personality or they want to make a name for themselves and not for the best reasons sometimes. Its sad if people who initially worked together end up throwing accusations around; it doesn't do anyone any good, and certainly not madeleine.
pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.07.11 4:57

@pauline wrote:Aiyoyo, glad you too think there's a mental health issue here.

I think you're right that an underlying issue is a hatred of Tony. There's no need to attack him. He didn't take madeleine.

I have been involved with many voluntary organisations, often with a lobbying/political slant - and have often seen personality clashes ruin the organisation, and force others to leave. I'm relatively new to internet forums on the Madeleine case so I'm only vaguely aware of of the names/pseudonyms of those involved with different forums since she disappeared.

In my experience sometimes people give a lot of time to a cause, because they have time on their hands, because they have a certain personality or they want to make a name for themselves and not for the best reasons sometimes. Its sad if people who initially worked together end up throwing accusations around; it doesn't do anyone any good, and certainly not madeleine.

The way I see thing is simple.

Even if she disapproves of TB for whatever reasons, using her e-apology letter to mccann to attack TB smacks of strong deep rooted hatred against TB or even a collusion with team mccann which may be the underlying issue here. Then again when she was anti mccanns her hatred for them was also legendary.

The burning question is: is her drastic turnabout face a result of her contact with Pinky recently?
In other words has his lying persuasion power work miracle on her that she's completely brainwashed or rather indoctrinated as one of their cult believers who believe Pinky is messiah of the truth where the mccann is concerned. If that is the case then she's to be pitied.

Otherwise, I think it may be a case of she simply cannot believe that the mccann could keep up the pretense for so long so publicly and continue their charade as if they were genuinely the victims of circumstances if they were involved. She may be thinking it's just not possible that anyone can be so brazen and so utterly bankrupt of sense of remorse and sense of shamelessness that they would dare to continue to fool the public incessantly and even bend over backward to get even the PM to review their case if they were guilty.

I think Bren refused to believe there are people who would protect their self interests at all cost so publicly keeping such high profile to the extent it borders on lunacy. It seems the mccann strategies have achieved their aim and Bren is another one thoroughly fooked (conned) by the mccanns.

It's a shame she couldn't keep neutral even if something has caused her doubt. It makes a mockery of all her past good work for justice for Madeleine. She's forgetting all about Madeleine who is the true victim here awaiting justice. No one wants to believe Maddie is dead or not findable but the sad fact is both sides police have stopped looking for her which can only mean they have evidence to support she wasn't abducted.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 08.07.11 5:21

@PeterMac wrote:
@lj wrote:Or disappear in other ways, ....
"'But oh, beamish nephew, beware of the day,
If your Snark be a Boojum! For then
You will softly and suddenly vanish away,
And never be met with again!'

That's it. The PJ were hunting for a Snark all the time, when they should have been concentrating on a Boojum ! No wonder they failed.

@PeterMac wrote:Then, silence. One fancied she saw in the road
   A weary and wandering man
That carried a “bundle” but the others declare
   It was only a breeze that went by.

They hunted till darkness came on, but they found
   Not a button, or feather, or mark,
By which they could tell that they stood on the ground
   Where young Maddie had met with the Snark.

In the midst of the game she was trying to play,
   In the midst of her laughter and glee,
She had softly and suddenly vanished away -
   For her Snark was a Boojum, you see.

big grin big grin

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.07.11 8:19

@aiyoyo wrote:
The burning question is: is her drastic turnabout face a result of her contact with Pinky recently?
In other words has his lying persuasion power work miracle on her that she's completely brainwashed or rather indoctrinated as one of their cult believers who believe Pinky is messiah of the truth where the mccann is concerned. If that is the case then she's to be pitied.
Or is she being paid ?
Remember that Muratfan stated that he was being sponsored by Carter-Ruck.
Does the pink one hold some purse strings ?

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.07.11 9:00

@PeterMac wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
Or is she being paid ?
Remember that Muratfan stated that he was being sponsored by Carter-Ruck.
Does the pink one hold some purse strings ?

I seriously doubt it.
I believe Bren would not be delighted to find herself mouthed in the same line with slime-ball Muratfan.
Muratfan is an out and out mccann supporter from the word go.
No one really knows who he is - he may even be part of mccann's team of secretive private investigators paid by Brian Kennedy to obfuscate matter.
Muratfan comes across as a typical lowlife scam ball who fits into type of person someone with a dubious agenda can pay a few quids to make use of for a purpose.

If muratfan is sponsored by CR pig could fly. He just wants to come across as riding on the back of a pet bull dog to give himself weight meaning he hasn't any to start with and thus insecure.

Bren for her shortcomings doesn't come across as lacking in the brain department, confused maybe, but not bought over (not with money anyway) - purely my opinion anyway.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The strange world of McCann supporters

Post by Guest on 08.07.11 9:27

Thanks for your two most recent postings here Aiyoyo. I know what you mean about some people being unable to accept that the McCanns must be innocent or they simply couldn't have carried on with the pretence for so long. I used to think that myself and gave the McCanns the benefit of the doubt because I was then only aware of what was being published in the mainstream media. I can understand why Sun readers become abusive if anyone dares suggest that the McCanns are not the most wonderful parents in the world but it's very hard to comprehend what motivates people like Muratfan unless they are connected in some way to the McCanns.

Back to top Go down

why is the charade going on so long

Post by pauline on 08.07.11 10:01

Indeed I often wonder why this 'search' has gone on so long. When I discuss with unconverted friends and acquaintances, this is what they always bring up - why would anyone continue after four years if they know the child is dead, and they are getting attacked from some quarters? I can't give them a coherent answer.

Some would say it all about money now, but I wonder how much money they are getting allowing for legal and PR expenses. They lost in thePortuguese appeal court in Oct 2010 and in the supreme court in March 2011 - presumably they have to pay Amaral's costs for those hearings? They needed the book income to keep paying the lawyers. Gerry earns £75,000 pa - why do they need money?

Can anyone suggest what I can say to the unconverted to explain why they continue to search if they know she is dead?
pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 08.07.11 10:09

Can anyone suggest what I can say to the unconverted to explain why they continue to search if they know she is dead?

I haven't got an answer for that question.

I question how much searching they have done. I have read the book and am at a loss to know exactly what searching has gone on after those first few weeks that is, when they were 'searching' in Amsterdam, Berlin, Morocco etc.
Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on 08.07.11 10:30

Personally I think the reason is still all about the money.

there were rumours in the beginning that the Mccanns were in debt, couldnt pay their mortgage payments etc., they have people fundraising all over the country to raise money for the fund, as far as we know Brian Kennedy still has an input in providing funds, money will be coming in from the book, who knows the next step may be a film? They will be getting money from interviews, people who still believe in their innocence are donating to the fund. There could be all kinds of reasons why they need the money, some people need money because they lead expensive lifestyles and may have expensive habits, some may think we have already seen some indications of this already. They are alligning themselves also with Missing People charities and money is also being directed that way - whether that is something that needs to be investigated I dont know? They seem to be making themselves into some kind of celebrity couple, celebrity brings in money and opens doors in all sorts of ways.

The fact that on the website they were so quickly selling merchandise I think may give us an indication as to what all this is about, in all honesty I have never heard of parents making money out of a missing child before but that is what we appear to have seen in this case. When it was mentioned an online shop had been set up and were selling merchandise I thought it was a joke, but it wasnt. It was said many years ago, follow the money and I have not seen anything to suggest to me that it is about anything else as to the reason why they continue with this. There appears to be no transparency in the accounts with no real explanation what exactly this money has been spent on with their spokesperson telling people to put money into an envelope and send it off to Kate and Gerry, we have heard from people who have donated who have said they never got an acknowledgement let alone a thank you. What is transparent about stuffing money into an envelope, what accountancy is there for that money, why have people who have donated not all received acknowledgments and thank you in which it would state the amount that was donated?

We already heard earlier on in this sad case how discussions had apparently already taken place regarding a film, why on earth would you do that?? It was said earlier on that in order to get a poster to display you had to buy a bracelet! Posters should be given away free if you are desperate to find your child, there are so many indications which have been given as to why they continue with this, all seems to lead to money. imo
Cherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 08.07.11 10:55

Cherry, thank you for that.

I agree there is not transparency about the fund. In the truthful book Kate refers to the fund having to be transparent no matter how much that may cost.

if they wanted to be transparent they would put up regular figures on their website. They don't! As an ordinary limited company (as opposed to one with charity status) they don't have to file much information so the audited accounts don't tell you much.

Given their spending on PR, you would think that these PR professionals would tell them to acknowledge donations and say thank you. Maybe the McCanns feel they are saving on postage and stationery by not acknowledging donations, and that these savings can go towards 'searching' for madeleine?!

However, I still that their ongoing legal bills must be so enormous that there can't be much for themselves.

I also wonder if there is a case for the Revenue to investigate their company. Expenses can only be claimed against income if they relate to the business (finding Madeleine in this case). Paying legal bills to sue Amaral and PR fees to look after the McCanns image would not seem to be directly related to finding Madeleine. Disallowing these expenses would give the company a substantial tax bill.
pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.07.11 12:01

Someone pointed out their alleged claim that they spent 100K on translating the PJ files into English was not reflected anywhere in any year of their audited accounts?

So was their claim genuine?

Also, if the Police have stopped looking, what's there to stop them hopping onto plane to join their PIs to check out the leads. Not as if they couldnt afford the airtickets with all the money sitting in the Fund!
That would have been more dignified and credible than plain begging but no result and no action to support their search claim. They didnt walk their talk not even ONCE. All their oversea trips are about marketing Maddie to raise fund or about suing people for money, and the marvel is that these trips are paid out of the FUND! So why not spend the fund chasing up at least ONE lead?

I am not talking every lead,not even a few, just ONE strongest lead will do, that would prove to people their search is not just empty meaningless talk. So far they have no action to prove their search is genuine. There was zero info to their donors where their search or their PIs was concerned.
People and donors were never told who their PIs were what progress was made or what have they been doing to follow up leads or what fund was spent on PIs.

If truth be told to the public, only a fraction is spent on PIs with the bulk of the fund going to PRs and mega legal cost.

Another sticking point is they never ever in all their public appearances of their own accord appeal to Maddie, address Maddie personally, talk to Maddie or send her comfort words or assurance of their undying love. All they ever said was they hoped Maddie reads their book! And even that is not a direct appeal addressed to Maddie personally.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on 08.07.11 12:23

Why don't they use their website to put up detailed info on the funds income and expenditure?

the only possible reason is that if they told the truth, that donations would cease....

The auditors to the Fund are HaysMcIntyre - according to their website the audit of charities, not for profits etc is an area in which they have considerable expertise. You would think they would insist on detailed accounts being filed in the Companies office and suggest that to their clients that the audited accounts go on the website as well as financial info about the current financial year.
pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum