The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals Mm11

'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals Mm11

'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals Regist10

'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals Empty 'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals

Post by ROSA 14.06.11 9:01

'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals
By Sam Greenhill

Last updated at 8:51 AM on 14th June 2011

Comments (72) Add to My Stories Share
Kate McCann felt ‘totally out of control’ and was on the brink of emotional breakdown after her daughter Madeleine went missing, she revealed yesterday.
Only psychological counselling saved her, she told MPs as she called for more support for the parents of missing children.
Mrs McCann, 43, described the overwhelming sense of helplessness, saying she and husband Gerry simply ‘could not function’ after the three-year-old disappeared from their holiday apartment in Portugal in May 2007.

Sowing the strain: 'If your child goes missing, you may get nothing,' Kate McCann said today
The mother-of-three told of her torment at a Commons inquiry into whether families receive enough help when relatives disappear.
More...Cameron pledges millions towards vaccination of the world's poorest children (so what's everybody else doing?)

She said anguished parents were often not updated on their case and often faced difficult battles with officialdom.
‘To be left in the dark when your child is missing is unbearable, bordering on the inhumane,’ she said.
Kate McCann joined Nicki Durbin, right, and Sarah Godwin to highlight the case of their lost children Madeleine, Luke and Quentin
Madeleine McCann went missing on May 3, 2007
‘You are left with unimaginable, unending heartbreak, confusion, guilt and worry.

'Emotional and psychological support is essential.
'As human beings, we are not equipped to deal with such profound and devastating emotion.’
The former GP said she and her husband were lucky their holiday company flew out a trauma counsellor to help them.

‘It is of paramount importance,’ she said.
‘We couldn’t function. It’s the first time in my life I felt totally out of control.
Assistant Chief Constable Phil Thompson, a spokesman on missing persons for the Association of Chief Police Officers, admitted in his evidence: ‘We have to do better.’
Also with Mrs McCann were Sarah Godwin, whose son Quentin was 18 when he went missing in New Zealand in May 1992 ,and Nicki Durbin, whose son, Luke, 19, vanished four years ago.
Quentin Godwin, left, was 18 when he went missing in May 1992 while Luke Durbin disappeared on May 12, 2006 aged 19

The three mothers, each holding images of their missing loved ones, faced the press ahead of the first session of the inquiry

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2003006/Kate-McCann-I-brink-breakdown-Madeleine-disappeared.html#ixzz1PEduYA16'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals Article-2003006-0C8A15AC00000578-165_468x489
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals Empty Re: 'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals

Post by ROSA 14.06.11 9:08

She said anguished parents were often not updated on their case and often faced difficult battles with officialdom.
‘To be left in the dark when your child is missing is unbearable, bordering on the inhumane,’ she said
notlistening
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals Empty Re: 'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals

Post by carly1979 14.06.11 9:10

kate on the brink may 12 2007

'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals X26n47

'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals Spgjnl

Activity : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 14.06.11 9:20

carly1979 wrote:kate on the brink may 12 2007

'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals X26n47

'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals Spgjnl

hi carly1979

They certainly look on the brink of something - but its not a breakdown that's for sure.

Trouble is the general public don't see these pictures and they don't connect it to the articles where Kate says these things. Arrrrrrgggghhhhh!

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals Empty The happiest day of their lives so it appears

Post by Guest 14.06.11 9:27

It's probably a silly question but were these happy snaps (taken on 12th May 2007) actually printed anywhere at the time?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 14.06.11 9:41

Marian try searching news archives for Madeleine Mccann 2007
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 14.06.11 9:57

ROSA wrote:She said anguished parents were often not updated on their case and often faced difficult battles with officialdom.
‘To be left in the dark when your child is missing is unbearable, bordering on the inhumane,’ she said

Why do the McCanns never think about what they are saying.
'Battles with officialdom', one supposes means the police who are not taking their made up story seriously, (or in fact any of their made up stories,)
And how can Katey use the phrase "Left in the dark" without appreciating the terrible irony.
Inhumane is a good word to use for leaving the three children in the dark in an unlocked apartment out of sight and earshot of where you were, night after night.
Other words also spring to mind. Negligent, criminal, irresponsible, thoughtless, cruel,
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy 14.06.11 11:11

never mind Kate...there might still be some money left in the fund for some Botox treatments....all that stress and covering up the lies has surely aged you prematurely........ 'I was on the brink of a breakdown after Madeleine disappeared' Kate McCann reveals 595373
Upsy Daisy
Upsy Daisy

Activity : 469

Back to top Go down

Post by mamasue 14.06.11 13:23

too be a three year old left in the dark, in a strange place, in charge of two babies under the age of two is unbearable, bordering on the humane, i say huh
mamasue

Activity : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 14.06.11 16:43

PeterMac wrote:
ROSA wrote:She said anguished parents were often not updated on their case and often faced difficult battles with officialdom.

Why do the McCanns never think about what they are saying.
'Battles with officialdom', one supposes means the police who are not taking their made up story seriously, (or in fact any of their made up stories,)
And how can Katey use the phrase "Left in the dark" without appreciating the terrible irony.
Inhumane is a good word to use for leaving the three children in the dark in an unlocked apartment out of sight and earshot of where you were, night after night.
Other words also spring to mind. Negligent, criminal, irresponsible, thoughtless, cruel,

I think Katey has lost touch with reality. I believe she has been/has herself so isolated that any corrections on her behaviour, what she says, what she writes don't get through to her. She is a sociopath, so she does not have the build in check of what is right/wrong, what can be said/cannot be said, what would a normal person do. So when you take away the only correcting source for her behaviour that still exist: the comments of the "normal" world she will loose the only touchstone for her behaviour/remarks. I don't think anyone close to her has the guts to say anything, even when they see, and I am convinced some do. I think Katey is not a pleasant person to disagree with. So she will be increasingly extreme, shameless and outrageous weird.
Events like yesterday might convince more and more people that Kate might not be the right person to represent such a vulnerable group as missing persons. That would be a (huge) step in the right direction, as ma Healy said about the 3,5 million investigation that only they got.

The woman needs a cell with soft walls, and a lot of classical music.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 14.06.11 17:55

Kate must be her own worst enemy with some of the comments she makes

What was the state of Kates Mental health before Madeleine disappeared?

We have heard that she had problems controlling a "very difficult" Madeleine. We are told that she once considered handing Madeleines guardianship over to a relative. Was it all too much for Kate?

Was Kate on the brink of a breakdown before Madeleine disappeared?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11173

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 14.06.11 20:10

Kate McCann complains frequently that her children are "hysterical" and says that Madeleine is a hyperactive child who tires her out to the point of despair.
First Post, quoting Correio de Manha 14/9/07

Madeleine would run around 'screaming...shouting for my attention', the mother-of-three said.
In an interview given to a Portuguese magazine before she was named as a suspect in the case of the four-year-old's disappearance, Kate also said the first six months of Madeleine's life were "very difficult" and that the girl had suffered from colic.
Speaking about Madeleine's upbringing, Kate, a 39-year-old GP, told Portugal's Flash! magazine: "She cried practically for 18 hours a day. I had to permanently carry her around."
This period explained "the strong bond between mother and daughter", she said.
Although the arrival of the twins Sean and Amelie shook up Madeleine's life, she accepted them very well, said Kate.
"She managed to deal perfectly with this new reality, although she herself at the time was still a baby.
"The worst thing is that she started to demand lots of attention, especially when I was breast-feeding them.
"She would run up and down screaming in the background, shouting for my attention”.
Kate McCann, Daily Mail 17/9/07, quoting Portugese magazine Flash

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum