The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

David Payne

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: David Payne

Post by Bebootje on 31.07.11 9:09

@lj wrote:
Also, it seems to be clear that the Paynes had walkie talkies to their room on their restaurant table so they could hear their kids. This same offer was refused by the McCanns. Baring in mind Madeleines odd question on the morning of May 3rd 2007 'why weren't you there when Sean and I cried last night" (which both the McCanns say in their original statements and say this was a very strange thing for Maddie to say)...as parents you would have thought that at the very least they would have used Mark Oceans offer of walkies talkies so they could hear their children if they cried again! they seemed to be more interested in downing New Zealand wine!

I thi nk that was a walkie talkie/babyfoon they brought themselves, I don't recall MW providing those. It did not work though and much later Jane Tanner claimed in her rogatory interview they had one too.

I don't know about MW offering walki talkies but they did offer childcare the day after the crying incident. I believe it is in the statement of Sylvia Batista and Vera (of Essex) mentioned the same.

Bebootje

View user profile

Back to top Go down

can anyone explain this please?

Post by russiandoll on 15.01.12 17:35

From the rogatories, which I am re- reading [ taking ages but worth it]. I have read elsewhere about a strange premonition. Is there anything anywhere else a little more exact about what Kate was bothered about regarding this holiday?

Could someone please elaborate on this please?

”Right, and you say
that Kate and Gerry initially weren’t that keen because of, what is it
they weren’t
keen about?”
Reply ”Well, say from, you know, from recollections and obviously we have discussed
you know the situation since.”
1485 ”Yeah.”
”Err was
that you know Kate had
got an uneasy feeling, that’s all you know, has come back to her and I
remember you know again,
whether this is
something that’s subsequently I feel has happened be, you know before
the event, but you know Fiona
had certainly mentioned
it err that you know Kate wasn’t quite you know, didn’t feel quite easy
about it but there
was no explanation that I
could give you or you know even subsequently err in discussions that
you know there wasn’t
one thing. Kate, err I
think Gerry’s very, he’s very enthusiastic and I think he’s you know,
you see the
way that he’s conducted
himself you know over the last few months, he’s a very sorted person, a
very dynamic person
you know he was all you
know, don’t worry you know it’ll be fine and everything…”
”Yeah.”
”Will work its way out and you know whether it be the logistics
of the situation that
err Kate was more concerned about you know I really couldn’t answer that
question.”
”Mm, so just so I’ve
got it straight in my head, did the, the concern from Kate materialise
with Fiona since
or did it come out in
the period that the holiday was booked?”
Reply ”I, in my mind
there
was some concern before
the holiday but I find it very difficult to separate whether this is
just something which is implanted
since we’ve discussed
after err Madeleine’s disappearance.

Also, I find his statement during this interview that Portugal was the only MW resort offering a holiday at that time of year hard
to believe...Portugal is not as warm in Spring as Greece, [where I
believe MW have resorts.... have just looked at their 2012 brochure and
in May you can go and could I reckon in 2007 have gone to Greece.] May
is a popular month for holidays abroad as it is warm bit not too warm
and so good for young children.....is DP trying to say you could only go
to Portugal in May and nowhere else?

Err you know I’d looked on the internet at you know what the availability was in different err
locations and Portugal was the only err Mark Warner holiday that would offer err you know a holiday at that
time of the year.

DP is I am sure being dishonest here, but WHY? Did it have to be Portugal for some reason?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 11.05.12 11:50

Maybe why it had to be Portugal is not an issue, but I still find it strange that a group which wanted to spend a lot of the day outdoors chose an area which has unreliable weather at that time of year. Eastern Med more reliable but maybe length of flights with children was an issue.
I find the following from DP's RI interesting :

”Moving on then to the time that you, when you say after the alarm was raised you went into the MCCANN’S apartment. Can you describe the layout of the apartment?”
Reply ”If you’re going in through the patio doors you walk directly into the, err the living, you know, lounge space. Then if you’re going, walking through the apartment towards the front door you have the kitchen on the, err right, which was a small kitchen, which was boxed off from the rest of err open plan living space. If you were walking from the patio doors into the apartment and you were walking towards the front door and turn left you would go towards the bedroom areas. Directly in front of you, you had the bathroom err as you were looking at the bathroom the door to the left would be the, the room where Kate and Gerry stayed and the door to the right was err where the children were sleeping. Err you know there was the double bed in the err Kate and Gerry’s room and as you went into err Sean and Amelie’s room there was a bed up against the far wall where there was the, you know, was the window. There was another bed parallel to that but across the other side of the room, err along the wall where the door is where you walked into the apartment. In between the two parallel beds was the, err two cots also parallel with the space err between the two of them, and obviously the twins were sleeping in the err cots and then err Madeleine was on the bed which was nearest the door that you walked in to get in there.”

A ref to Sean and Amelie's room.
this was meant to describe what he saw after alarm raised.
Even allowing for him muddling up where Maddie would usually sleep before she went missing [ and unless he was told where by the child herself or others, or knew this because he saw Maddie in this bed.]....why does he say Madeleine was on the bed, rather than in it ? He cannot be speaking about 10pm May 3rd here, if he mentions Maddie on that bed.
The above is very strange imo.

”Throughout the holiday from the twenty eighth till the fifth, or till the third…”
Reply ”Mm.”
1485 ”How many times do you think you actually went into the MCCANN’S apartment?”

Reply ”Err probably more than other people as I said there was the, there was one, there was the incident with the cot where were trying to, you know, had some difficulty with one of the cots that had been provided to err you know so and they’d got the spare cot that you know so I had to go down and pick that up and then I, I popped in there you know some other times as well, I say I probably, in total during the week, I’d have said five, half a dozen times I’d been to that apartment.”

He knows the layout pretty well, hence his earlier answer re the layout post-alarm." If you're going in....." a general description not a specific one for after alarm raised 3 May 10pm, what he was asked about.
The question posed to DP re- alarm raised and apartment layout after he went into 5a, was asked immediately after DP's strange description of Madeleine.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmac on 12.05.12 1:55

Interesting.

In between the two parallel beds was the, err two cots also parallel with the space err between the two of them, and obviously the twins were sleeping in the err cots and then err Madeleine was on the bed which was nearest the door that you walked in to get in there.

What this tells me is that Payne is NOT describing the room as he found it after the alarm was raised because he would not have found Madeleine on the bed.

`On` the bed is how Gerry was supposed to have left Madeleine. Had they been conferring and Payne gets muddled and lets this slip?

jmac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by david_uk on 15.05.12 15:31

Just been reading the Gasper Statement again, and somethign stood out that ive not noticed before , near the end

"The man who is holding the glass of wine in the photograph is Stuart. These photographs were taken while we were in Majorca.!

Who is Stuart? sorry if im being a total dunce!

david_uk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes on 15.05.12 16:07

Must be S Gold, he and his wife were friends with some of the party and went on that holiday. Not call me stu Stuart
big grin

friedtomatoes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.05.12 16:09

@david_uk wrote:Just been reading the Gasper Statement again, and somethign stood out that ive not noticed before , near the end

"The man who is holding the glass of wine in the photograph is Stuart. These photographs were taken while we were in Majorca.!

I think it is Dr Stuart Gold, and Tara Gold, who holidayed with the McCanns and the others. They are mentioned in the tapas statements I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by david_uk on 15.05.12 16:18

I see. thank you for replies.

Does anyone else find the amount of holidays as groups a bit odd!. May be its just me but 1. i wouldnt want to go on so many holidays with groups of friends, I like the time away with just me my wife and the kids!! 2. If i did go with friends i wouldnt want to spend every waking hour with them anyway!. Add to this the amount of times these holidays appear to have been `co-ordinated` by one person (D.Payne). Something very odd here? or just me?

I am also wondering if anyone has considered that perhaps Mrs Gasper got the wrong end of the stick. If all these couple appear to be so intimate, perhaps Payne and Gerry where talking about their wives?. Still very wrong, but possibly not as wrong as is made out?. just a thought.

david_uk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 15.05.12 17:23

@david_uk wrote:I see. thank you for replies.

Does anyone else find the amount of holidays as groups a bit odd!. May be its just me but 1. i wouldnt want to go on so many holidays with groups of friends, I like the time away with just me my wife and the kids!! 2. If i did go with friends i wouldnt want to spend every waking hour with them anyway!. Add to this the amount of times these holidays appear to have been `co-ordinated` by one person (D.Payne). Something very odd here? or just me?

I am also wondering if anyone has considered that perhaps Mrs Gasper got the wrong end of the stick. If all these couple appear to be so intimate, perhaps Payne and Gerry where talking about their wives?. Still very wrong, but possibly not as wrong as is made out?. just a thought.

The Gaspar statement: KG says quite definitely that David Payne asked Gerry if Madeleine also did this. That's what alerted her - I think it's quite clear.
In other words, it wasn't just gestures but a verbal exchange between the two men.
It should be in the McCannfiles.com - if you type in 'gaspar statement' and select McCannfiles you should find it fairly easily, there may also be a bit of scrolling to do and in fact the statement is quite long.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 15.05.12 17:57

candyfloss wrote:
@david_uk wrote:Just been reading the Gasper Statement again, and somethign stood out that ive not noticed before , near the end

I think it is Dr Stuart Gold, and Tara Gold, who holidayed with the McCanns and the others. They are mentioned in the tapas statements I think.

They took the place of Jane Tanner and ROB on that holiday as Jane discovered she was pregnant and decided not to go, iirc.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum