The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The McCanns say they thought they might not get into the tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The McCanns say they thought they might not get into the tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared

Post by Guest on 09.06.11 13:44

In this video the McCanns say, they thought they might not get into the Tapas bar that night and were thinking about going to the Millenium restuarant. and yet there was a note left at reception to say they were eating there, as they wanted to check on the children who would be left alone.

Anyway I thought a booking was made for the Tapas at the start of the week for the whole week?

[youtube][/youtube]

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns say they thought they might not get into the tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared

Post by Upsy Daisy on 09.06.11 13:49

Yes, if I recall from one of the rogatory statements I read, I am sure that Fiona Payne said that Rachel or Jane made the booking for the whole week. I definitely remember reading it.
Upsy Daisy

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns say they thought they might not get into the tapas restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared

Post by PeterMac on 09.06.11 14:06

You really don't expect consistency do you ?

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Keep digging that hole for yourselves

Post by Guest on 09.06.11 14:14

As I've said before, liars need to have good memories to avoid tripping themselves up. However, it doesn't at the moment seem as if anyone who has the power to prosecute the McCanns is listening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.06.11 14:16

According to the tapas booking receptionist, she says;

Processos Vol III Pages 50 – 51 Date: 2007/05/08 Luisa Ana de Noronha de Azevedo Coutinho

She has been a receptionist at the Garden for 1 year, but has worked there previously.

The OC Garden reception has less functions than the main reception and deals with subjects relating to activities (Pool, Tennis) etc and excursions.

She points out that the family in question came via Mark Warner and this company takes care of all relations with clients and there is practically no contact between the clients and reception.

She adds that this family (McCann), like all MW clients had half-board, that is breakfast and dinner. For dinner the guests could choose between two restaurants, the Tapas and the Millenium, the first being à la carte and the second a buffet service, clients make their choice not only because of the food but because of the proximity of the restaurant to their accommodation. She says that the guests told her that the Tapas was of better quality but that it was difficult to reserve there as a MW guest as the MW daily quota was of only 20.

In this concrete case the reasonable option was the Tapas as the distance was only 40 metres from the accommodation as opposed to 200 m from the Millenium.

She remembers that on Sunday 29th April one of the elements of the group arrived with the child Madeleine McCann, she does not know his name and can only say that he was male and tall and thin and that he approached her to request a booking for the whole group, for the whole week and always at 20.30.

When questioned, she confirms that the man was not the father of the girl but one of the members of the group whom was often seen in his company.

The man justified his request by saying that the group had many small children whom they would leave alone when they went to dine. She said that at intervals some two parents would go to the apartments to see if everything was OK.

The deponent made some comments about the request, saying that the Tapas received many requests and that MW only had a quota of 20 per day, but upon the insistence of the guest she managed to make the bookings requested.

She confirms that it was possible to see the apartment from the restaurant, including the window of the sitting room.

She does not know in which bedroom the children were sleeping but upon being informed that it was on the opposite side of the apartment she confirmed that it would be completely out of sight from anyone at the restaurant.

That the most viable solution would be to leave the children with a baby sitter, which is the procedure normally adopted by clients.

Regarding the question as to the availability of the baby sitting service between 19.30 and 23.30, she confirms that the service exists and that it is free of charge.

When questioned, she says that she does not understand, as the service is free, why the parents of Madeleine McCann did not use it.

When asked she says that the contact with this family was normal, like with other clients and describes them as “nice”.

With regard to the date of the disappearance she says that she worked from 09.00 to 19.00 and only returned at 08.00 on 4th May.

It was on this day at 08.30 when she arrived that she was informed about the disappearance by colleagues.

She only knows what third parties have told her and from what she has seen in the press.

She never saw anything strange. During this interview she provided a book with the reservations for the Tapas restaurant.

No more was said, reads, ratifies and signs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.06.11 14:22

Thank you Stella, that's what I was referring to thumbsup This must be the person that made a note of them leaving the kids alone I would think. So it contradicts what they are saying in the video then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.06.11 14:29

They were all very aware of that group booking, here is what some of them say in their statements. Note, not one of them talks about this tall thin man who made the booking;

Tanner recalls the tapas booking:

“Err I think at the welcome meeting they err the welcome meeting they said about the different eating arrangements and I think at that stage we thought oh it’d be good to eat there because we could err monitor the children err so and I think we tried to book it so that morning when we got up, I don’t know who booked it that first day, but somebody went.”
4078 “But not Russell?”
Reply “But it wouldn’t have been Russell, no, definitely wouldn’t have been Russell. He err whoever booked it I think went either before we went to breakfast or straight after breakfast because you have to try and book it quite early in the morning to get in.”
4078 “And was it something you’d have to do daily, or is that an ongoing arrangement?”
Reply “Well normally you would have to but I think Rachael spoke to them on the second or third day and somehow managed to persuade them to let us go there, let us go there every night, so, I don’t know. I think, I’m sure it was Rachael that did that, not Russell.”

O’Brien recalls the tapas booking:

“We were booked into the Tapas bar, we ate there that night initially it was booked as a one off I think by Rachael as far as I am aware the table was booked for 20:30hours. I am aware that Rachael asked to eat there each night for the remainder of our stay this I believe was booked on the Monday morning as a block booking- the time was agreed by the group”.

David Payne recalls the tapas booking:

“I can’t remember whose idea it was we thought the Tapas bar, that’s much better why don’t we try and book there. I think, I think it was Rachael, she’s very organised and whether she just booked for the first night at the Tapas and then decided that she’s gonna book for subsequent nights at the not the main reception but the reception leading into the Tapas area, the Paul with I think the lady’s Sylvia, and so she booked the from early in the morning because I think they had to get in early to make sure that they could guarantee, there’s only so many people who could eat there.”

Fiona Payne recalls the tapas booking:

“I mean, I had, I wasn’t aware of the decision to book it for the whole week, I think that had just happened when, when Rachael went to see if it was available for the, for the Sunday night and was told, that you had to sort of book ahead, it wasn’t something that we got together and pre-decided that that’s what we should do, it was just Rachael, I think it was Rachael that had done it and we were all like ‘Oh that’s great, that’s easy, we don’t have to worry about it any more, we’ll just eat there every night’ and that was the last we thought about it”.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.06.11 14:37

Actually, I think they must have tried to cancel their booking for the night of the 3rd, then somehow changed their minds. So perhaps this is what they were referring to, when they said they nearly didn't get in.

The reason I think they had second thoughts about that night, is because the night of the 3rd is the only night there names did not appear first on the list. Which can only mean either Ms Irwin and Ms Irwin booked before them on that Sunday, which I doubt very much. House policy is that everyone has to book on the day. The group booking in advance was a one off special arrangement. So in theory their names should always have appeared first. Which leads me to believe that they tried to cancel the restaurant that night but changed their minds last minute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mg5 on 16.06.11 15:00

It is in the book, Kate confirms it was Rachel that made the booking. Pg 56 I believe (don't have the book, but is noted on Textusa blog). Reservation made on the Monday and 'pencilled in' for the rest of the week.

Doesn't seem to tie in with the receptionist statement of the 'tall thin man, not the father of Madeleine' booking the table on the Sunday?

Mg5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.06.11 16:29

Exactly Mg5, which I why I tend to believe the receptionist and think everyone in the group is lying about Rachel.

Why ? Maybe to protect the real identity of the tall man out with Madeleine, or the child everyone thought was Madeleine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mg5 on 18.06.11 21:50

I had assumed it was Russell that did the booking but even Russell states that it was Rachel? So which statement is true? Either the tall thin man (probably Russell) made the booking Sunday at some insistance or someone is telling porkies?  
Mg5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.06.11 7:46

Mg5 wrote:I had assumed it was Russell that did the booking but even Russell states that it was Rachel? So which statement is true? Either the tall thin man (probably Russell) made the booking Sunday at some insistance or someone is telling porkies?

The receptionist did not name or identify the man she saw. Too many people are jumping to the wrong conclusions based soley on someones height.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mg5 on 19.06.11 17:45

Well precisely, I never noticed before how tall Matt and Dave are too, maybe as David knew the McC's better than the rest, Madeleine would have felt quite comfortable in the company of this male, who was not her father.

Unless there was someone else in the group as yet unnamed?  
Mg5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.06.11 10:13

Mg5 wrote:
Unless there was someone else in the group as yet unnamed?

Since day 1, we have all been conditioned to believe the group was made up of just 9 people. "The Tapas 9", we heard over and over again. However, it was never mentioned how many other Doctors were also out there that week. It was never mentioned that Jane Tanner's friends the Gorrod's were also out there that week. What we can now see from the Creche records that Gerry must have also known other people out there that week. How many more friends or relatives could they have had, that we do not yet know about?

The person who went along to book the Tapas that day, must have been someone who thought he had enough clout to ask for something that has never been asked for before. The reservation of practically half of the MW quota of 9 seats, out of 20. It sounds more like someone who 'owns' a property out there and who visits there quite a bit, rather than someone who has never been out there before.

Back to top Go down

Post by solva on 29.07.11 1:12

"we kind of almost thought about not going".
The truth behind this strange phrase is that on Thursday during the day the group had a discussion, because they had learned that another couple had been unable to book at Tapas for that night, and so the group discussed whether the group block booking every night at Tapas was unfair to other people who wanted to eat there but were turned away, this is the reason the group did consider dining at Millennium Thursday night. But in the end the group decided to go to Tapas, on the grounds that the other couple would presumably get a chance at Tapas the following week, IMO not all the group were happy with this decision.

solva

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 29.07.11 1:18

solva wrote:"we kind of almost thought about not going".
The truth behind this strange phrase is that on Thursday during the day the group had a discussion, because they had learned that another couple had been unable to book at Tapas for that night, and so the group discussed whether the group block booking every night at Tapas was unfair to other people who wanted to eat there but were turned away, this is the reason the group did consider dining at Millennium Thursday night. But in the end the group decided to go to Tapas, on the grounds that the other couple would presumably get a chance at Tapas the following week, IMO not all the group were happy with this decision.

From the statements of the employees at the resort and the manager there ....they specifically booked the same table at the same time every night, and made sure that this particular table was always booked for them. In my opinion, to help create the alibi
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.07.11 8:27

solva wrote:"we kind of almost thought about not going".

You speak as if you were part of the group, or is it that you know them?

I'm afraid you explanation is fatally flawed, as I know exactly which couple who you are referring to. On the 3rd this couple were not due to be their the "following week". It was only after the alarm was raised that they decided to stay on an extra week, most likely because the PJ needed to speak to them about their reportedly strange movements that day.

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 30.07.11 5:03

Ah the santos tapas visitors.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by solva on 04.08.11 1:22

From the book by KM:
A little later, near the sun-loungers at the Tapas end of the swimming pool, some of our group were discussing whether to cancel our dinner booking in the evening and take the kids to the Millennium instead. We’d heard that another couple we’d met had tried unsuccessfully to book a table at the Tapas restaurant and we wondered whether it was fair of us to be taking over the place. Although the restaurant was accepting other reservations, our party of nine occupied most of the available places and I, for one, felt rather guilty about that. However, when someone pointed out that we’d be gone by Saturday whereas this family was staying on for another week, it didn’t seem quite so unreasonable, and we decided to stick with our original plan.

solva

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 04.08.11 2:26

Solva, you're not going to tell me you believe anything Kate the sociopath says?
Time to grow up girl, she had you all by your noses.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by solva on 04.08.11 16:10

Her account of this discussion on Thursday (about whether to cancel Tapas that night) is true in my opinion. It does not make the group look good, as it states the reason they almost not go to Tapas was not about being with their children, but only about the impact of their block booking on other would-be diners. Also various facts in her account of this discussion (about impact on other tourists, and booked /leaving dates) can be confirmed by examining the files.

solva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.08.11 16:21

solva wrote:From the book by KM:
A little later, near the sun-loungers at the Tapas end of the swimming pool, some of our group were discussing whether to cancel our dinner booking in the evening and take the kids to the Millennium instead. We’d heard that another couple we’d met had tried unsuccessfully to book a table at the Tapas restaurant and we wondered whether it was fair of us to be taking over the place. Although the restaurant was accepting other reservations, our party of nine occupied most of the available places and I, for one, felt rather guilty about that. However, when someone pointed out that we’d be gone by Saturday whereas this family was staying on for another week, it didn’t seem quite so unreasonable, and we decided to stick with our original plan.

The family she is referring to hear is Neil Berry. Raj Balu was booked in that night, but because Neil Berry and family could not get in, he convinced Raj Balu to get a take out instead.

Neil Berry's original booking was from 28th April to 5th May, the same day the McCann's were due to fly home. After the alarm was raised a member of staff raised concerns about Neil Berry and as such, on the 5th he arranged to stay on an extra week, probably at the request of the PJ. BUT, on the night of the 3rd, when Kate was having her alleged guilty conscience, Neil Berry was flying home on the 5th, NOT the following week. So basically she lied.

Back to top Go down

Post by solva on 04.08.11 16:32

The discussion on Thursday about whether to cancel Tapas (JT 2008 statement)

I think Russell and I are probably more sort of laid back
and just go with the flow a bit, but some of the people on the holiday were quite sort
of ‘Oh we’ll ask, we’ll get this’, you know, a bit like booking the Tapas Restaurant
every night, I don’t think it would ever have crossed Russell and my mind to try and
get a block booking, but, erm, you know, I think they sort of”.
4078 “Once somebody has you feel obliged to go along with it?”
Reply “Well, I think, yeah, I mean, and we actually did have a conversation, it’s one of
those ‘What ifs’ as well, I can remember on the morning of the, Thursday morning by
the tennis, at the tennis, somebody in our tennis group had tried to book the Tapas
and they couldn’t get in because it was already full. And I can remember thinking at
that point, and I just felt, you know, ‘Good’, because they were bloomin’ awkward by
booking it out. And they were sort of saying well it’s a bit ridiculous that they
couldn’t have got in because they’d booked, they’d tried to book in, you know,
they’d been there at nine o’clock to book in and they still couldn’t get in. So, we did,
at that point, I can remember having this conversation was ‘Oh shall we go
somewhere different’, but it never happened, but. And Kate was, I think Kate was
there then, I can’t remember who else, but we did actually say ‘Oh shall we, shall we
go somewhere different’. And I think almost at that point we had considered it, but I
think the problem was the kids were so tired after having such full days, I think it was
more ‘Well it’s worked every other night’. But I know definitely from my point of
view I felt quite bad that we were taking this, you know, this block booking every
night and it was affecting other people using it”.

solva

Back to top Go down

Post by solva on 04.08.11 16:53

A risk of relying only on the resort guest lists is they can be inconsistent sometimes listing multi-week bookings as single weeks.

solva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.08.11 9:00

solva wrote:A risk of relying only on the resort guest lists is they can be inconsistent sometimes listing multi-week bookings as single weeks.
That is also called fiddling the books and is a ludicrous suggestion. But don't worry solva, the met are looking into all of those "inconsistent" listings.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum