The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

What was so special about Burgau?

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What was so special about Burgau?

Post by jd on 22.09.11 8:44

I remember in one of the topics here from a month or 2 ago, that the Mccanns said it was a beautician. I think this was a reactive statement to no child that age could apply the eyeshadow. I am 99% certain there is a comment from Kate about this somewhere

I have always been baffled as to why they ever released this photo. It does not fit in whatsoever with looking for an abducted child

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 22.09.11 8:55

The comment was that a visiting beautician had applied the make-up not taken the photo. I'll see if I can find it again. It was thought that the quote was in "the truthful book" but apparently it's not. Not surprisingly, neither the beautician nor the photographer seems to be in a hurry to claim the honours for their work. Definitely nothing to be proud about!

P.S. Page 22 of the Photographs and Memories topic has references to a visiting beautician doing the make up but it may be a forum myth as nobody has been able to find it actually in the book.
Marian

Back to top Go down

re raiding muumys make up box

Post by russiandoll on 22.09.11 9:32

no no no........too perfectly applied.
children playing this game usually feel and look happy..they are playing after all.
girl in photo looks completely expressionless not even unhappy.
the angle and the facial expression make me feel profoundly uncomfortable. any detective properly reviewing this case will surely review everything about it? and follow this up?
background suggests the kind of render on a mediterranean house or apartment to me but it could be white render on a british house.
the whole video of which this photo is a part makes my skin crawl.
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.09.11 9:40

News link about the makeup picture
Notis the last comment from Gerry in the article..OMG.. " Restaurant next door..."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/05/03/madeleine-mccann-make-up-pic-aids-hunt-on-third-anniversary-of-disappearance-115875-22229664/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 22.09.11 9:42

Russian doll: there's also a topic here about this photo - "60 reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo".

As for the Mirror story (and all the others at the time) I still can't get my head round how the photo was described as if it was just a normal family photo. I dread to think what in these shameful journalists' eyes would qualify as being abnormal.

Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.09.11 10:02

@Marian wrote:Russian doll: there's also a topic here about this photo - "60 reasons why the McCanns should never have published THAT photo".

REPLY: Here's the link for that discussion:

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t1912-60-reasons-why-the-mccanns-should-never-have-published-that-photo?highlight=published

As for the Mirror story (and all the others at the time) I still can't get my head round how the photo was described as if it was just a normal family photo. I dread to think what in these shameful journalists' eyes would qualify as being abnormal.

REPLY: It's interesting to look back at some of the comments on the above thread, here's what a poster called 'canderel' - almost certainly a McCann-sceptic - wrote about the discussion at the time:

I don't think it's fair to discuss an innocent picture in this way.

Most kids play with make up these days, I did myself thirty years ago.

To be honest I feel more worried about the sick comments on .this photo.

Make up for kids is available in most toy shops under, "creative play", and little girls love it.

My daughter was allowed to play with makeup and hang beads around her neck, complete with clip on earings and bracelets.

Little girls want to copy their mums, feeding their dolls, changing their dolls, pushing their dolls pushchair etc.

Kids want to do many adult things hence the toys such as cooking, sweet shops etc pretending they have their own sweet shop, firemen doctors, nurses and I bet even a few here practiced their abilities as superman, batman , pc plod and such.

If Kate allowed |Madeleine to put makeup on or she raided the makeup bag either way it was a comical photo that would probably have been taken to show the family what she had been up to and get the usual oohs and bless her comments.

For everyone who is commenting about who took the picture, there are working cameras in toy shops for 3 year olds maybe she took it herself, and even if not I can't see the benefits of discussing an innocent photo in such a sexual manner.

UNQUOTE
Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.09.11 10:04

Unbelieveable comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 22.09.11 10:13

Yes it's been interesting to read the comments again. I wonder if there's anything at all which would make the devoted McCann fans suddenly realise that all is not well. It wasn't just the blue eye shadow photo by itself but the other two provocative images on the 2010 anniversary video that were so disturbing.
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.09.11 10:24

oops - thought I'd read in another topic that a beautician took the picture and the quote was in the book.... haven't got the book myself... so sorry if that's incorrect..

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 22.09.11 11:11

The top picture was found by ROSA who posted "A strange picture of Madeleine, from Paul Grover . Is this the same Paul Grover from REX FEATURES, "Britain's leading independent photographic press agency and picture library, supplying a daily service of news, celebrity, features, and stock photos to all national newspapers, magazines, TV, web and other media in the UK and in more than 30 countries worldwide"? Or is it just a coincidence? The picture was posted at one of the several sites organized and promoted by a McCann special support group, a secret organization which has members in more than 25 countries. The site was set up on May 9th, just six days after Madeleine McCann disappeared."

Maddie appears to be wearing the same dress in both photos and the white skirting board in the top picture looks very much from an English house. Note also that Paul Grovers name does not appear on the ice cream photo and all photographers put their names on all their photos for copyright etc. Both these pictures look to have been taken at the same shoot and time, though the ice cream one is heavily photoshopped, and looks like they have a taken elements of Maddie from a Paul Grover photoshoot and created this ice cream one.....why???

Back to top Go down

My fault.

Post by tigger on 22.09.11 13:05

Stewie wrote:oops - thought I'd read in another topic that a beautician took the picture and the quote was in the book.... haven't got the book myself... so sorry if that's incorrect..

My fault I'm afraid, although I'm sure I'm right. When the photo came out Kate said it was taken after Maddie raided her make up box. Well, Kate has never been seen with blue eyeshadow which went out somewhere in the late seventies and no toddler can apply make up like that. Blue eyeshadow is rather tarty!
Then I said the photo was in the book again and this time she said it was done by a visiting beautician. PeterMac rapped me over the knuckles because it isn't in the book. In that case I must have seen it on the internet in one of the articles on the book. I really didn't make it up, Most likely it's DM where I saw it, in May. So it's true, but I've got to find it!

Back to top Go down

Those "normal family photos" again

Post by Guest on 22.09.11 13:23

Heaven help us, there's a topic on the Missing Madeleine site at the moment about these photos, particularly the lollipop one; a contributor who called them "provocative" has been criticised - it shows what's in your mind is the gist of the reply.

Back to top Go down

Just reminded me

Post by tigger on 22.09.11 16:29

Jean wrote:Heaven help us, there's a topic on the Missing Madeleine site at the moment about these photos, particularly the lollipop one; a contributor who called them "provocative" has been criticised - it shows what's in your mind is the gist of the reply.

Yes, ghastly exchange. As it happens the people who called me a troll for critisising them as they were finding all sorts of excuses for Gerry. (she was killed by intruder in the 5 mins. that G spoke with JW, Gerry went back in, found her dead, drunk an panicked, ran with the body down PdL, hid her on the beach..).
But the exchange re the photos reminded me. Try and lie in the same position as Maddie - leaning on your elbows and looking up. Any girl or woman doing that say in front of a male person, is basically saying 'come and get me'. It is a very provocative pose, far more so than the photograph shows. It's also a very adult pose. Like those closed adult smiles we see a lot of. Then there is all that make up in so many photographs.
With the blue eyeshadow one, I believe someone analysed it, quite a lot of photoshopping on the neck too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.09.11 17:35

Thanks for that Tigger. I certainly agree with your views on the implications of the photos but I don't think there's any chance of convincing those on the Missing Madeleine site. I was tempted to join in the debate but I feel that I would have difficulty in being poilite to people who say that there's nothing wrong with the photos and anyone who disagrees is sick. I normally don't have a problem with respecting others' opinions but there are limits!

P.S. I decided to register with the M M site (not to stir up trouble of course) but the message that comes up is "Administrators have forbidden any new members". How strange!

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 22.09.11 18:01

If any one cannot see the suggested (sick) implications of these 3 photos..... then to put it politely, they need to wake up & get to grips with reality!

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 22.09.11 19:01

I reckon it would not be half bad to send a link to this thread or the photos herein with bullet point observations to the review team at NSY. In fact any of the material that seems strange. They can choose to look at it or not, analyse it or dismiss it.

Back to top Go down

You can check this though?

Post by tigger on 22.09.11 19:16

Jean wrote:Thanks for that Tigger. I certainly agree with your views on the implications of the photos but I don't think there's any chance of convincing those on the Missing Madeleine site. I was tempted to join in the debate but I feel that I would have difficulty in being poilite to people who say that there's nothing wrong with the photos and anyone who disagrees is sick. I normally don't have a problem with respecting others' opinions but there are limits!

P.S. I decided to register with the M M site (not to stir up trouble of course) but the message that comes up is "Administrators have forbidden any new members". How strange!

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t16561-why-do-people-belive-madeleine-died-on-may-2
This was the last one I posted on and it got from bad to worse IMO. I lost my temper I'm afraid.
I have not been banned, but wonder, I may well try once more about these photos, after all the people objecting believe in the abduction! Pity, was quite helpful for a while.

Back to top Go down

WHY?

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.09.11 20:40

@jd wrote:

SNIPPED

Maddie appears to be wearing the same dress in both photos...

SNIPPED
That is a very pertinent observation, I also believe you are 100% right, and I have never come across that observation being made before about these two photos.

The fact that Paul Grover's name is on the top photo is I think significant (there was much discussion about Grover back in 2008 and I shall look up my archive to see what was said about him).

We can now be 100% sure that the hand holding the ice cream has been photoshopped in.

We can I think be 99% to 100% sure that Madeleine is indeed wearing the same dress in both photos.

It is entirely reasonable, then, to propose that both photos were taken by Paul Grover during the same session and that for some reason she has what could I'm afraid be described as a provocative pose in both photos.

I don't think Madeleine was 'captured' on the top photo just as she was happily playing on the floor, I'm afraid it looks like she was asked to be there before that photo was taken.

I agree btw that this looks like an English skirting board, it might (or might not) be the McCanns' own house, there is video footage of the McCanns' home available to view, of course.

Put all of this together and it's very worrying.

What is CERTAIN is this. The McCanns and the whole McCann Team DELIBERATELY circulated, on a video intended to go viral worldwide, a photograph of their missing daughter DELIBERATELY photoshopped to include an arm (possibly not her own) holding an ice cream.

[AND JIM GAMBLE lately the boss of CEOP APPROVED this video and publicly backed it and placed it in a prominent position on CEOP's website].

What is UNCERTAIN is WHY.
Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat on 23.09.11 9:54

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@jd wrote:

SNIPPED

Maddie appears to be wearing the same dress in both photos...

SNIPPED
That is a very pertinent observation, I also believe you are 100% right, and I have never come across that observation being made before about these two photos.

The fact that Paul Grover's name is on the top photo is I think significant (there was much discussion about Grover back in 2008 and I shall look up my archive to see what was said about him).

We can now be 100% sure that the hand holding the ice cream has been photoshopped in.

We can I think be 99% to 100% sure that Madeleine is indeed wearing the same dress in both photos.

It is entirely reasonable, then, to propose that both photos were taken by Paul Grover during the same session and that for some reason she has what could I'm afraid be described as a provocative pose in both photos.

I don't think Madeleine was 'captured' on the top photo just as she was happily playing on the floor, I'm afraid it looks like she was asked to be there before that photo was taken.

I agree btw that this looks like an English skirting board, it might (or might not) be the McCanns' own house, there is video footage of the McCanns' home available to view, of course.

Put all of this together and it's very worrying.

What is CERTAIN is this. The McCanns and the whole McCann Team DELIBERATELY circulated, on a video intended to go viral worldwide, a photograph of their missing daughter DELIBERATELY photoshopped to include an arm (possibly not her own) holding an ice cream.

[AND JIM GAMBLE lately the boss of CEOP APPROVED this video and publicly backed it and placed it in a prominent position on CEOP's website].

What is UNCERTAIN is WHY.

If you think we bystanders find it repulsive spare a thought for K.Gaspar. Or is that the intention?

Regarding Paul Grover: be cautious as there appear to be two photographers by this name: the one that takes photographs for newspapers and another who works on a much smaller scale taking portraits etc (based in Kent).
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.09.11 11:06

It`s slightly off topic in the strictest sense but this does fit in with the general discussion about the nature of the photos.

Perhaps if any of you have the time you could look at the short "Snow White" video of Madeleine on Youtube. I have always found it somewhat peculiar/unsettling; that may be because there is no sound and it is impossible to tell whether Madeleine is talking rather than making strange faces.

The strangest thing for me is at the end where Madeleine`s profile seems to fade into that of a woman.

I am having real trouble cutting and pasting so if someone could add the link to my post, that would be great!

Back to top Go down

Snow White home video

Post by Guest on 23.09.11 13:29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViobtGPFa3M&feature=related

Alison, I think this is the one you mean. It's strange that there's no sound. I wonder if Madeleine was singing. Perhaps a lipreader could help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.09.11 13:43

Thanks for posting this Jean. It would be useful to have views on whether she might be singing.

The video cuts very quickly to the SKY logo. On other Youtube versions there is a much slower fade out which (as I have said above) appears to change Madeleine`s appearance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.09.11 14:01

Alison, I've just been looking at loads and cannot find the one where she ages at the end. Can you tell me what the link is called, as all the ones I'm checking for Madeleine McCann Snow White, is not chucking up the one you are referring to.

Back to top Go down

Another video

Post by Guest on 23.09.11 14:02

This one might be better - there are also other images like the eye defect that they never made much of!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nYzOq-YW-ig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.09.11 14:09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WaNMPZJ1jw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Try this one Stella...........might just be me but she seems to fade out into a much older version ( not just someone a couple of years older). It`s actually just before the last bit where she looks as if she is going over to a table.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum