The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Shutters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Shutters

Post by aquila on 25.03.17 13:48

I've been on this forum for a few years and I've probably forgotten more things than I care to admit.

I had this type of shutter on my house in Greece and had to break in when I'd misplaced my key. These shutters make a lot of noise when you prise them open from the outside and they only partially open because you force them into the housing unit which is on the inside of the house and it jams because of the simplistic mechanism.

Given the tiny window in the childrens' bedroom, of which only one side could be opened,  the space for an abductor to slip in and pass out their prey becomes even more ridiculous.

ETA: also remember that once a shutter has been partially rammed open from the outside the internal window needs to have either been left open or has to be tackled from the outside of the building.

Editing to add once more: When you force these shutters open they don't stay open. They need to be propped open because the interior cord mechanism becomes slack and they automatically drop.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 25.03.17 17:45

@aquila wrote:I've been on this forum for a few years and I've probably forgotten more things than I care to admit.

I had this type of shutter on my house in Greece and had to break in when I'd misplaced my key. These shutters make a lot of noise when you prise them open from the outside and they only partially open because you force them into the housing unit which is on the inside of the house and it jams because of the simplistic mechanism.

Given the tiny window in the childrens' bedroom, of which only one side could be opened,  the space for an abductor to slip in and pass out their prey becomes even more ridiculous.

ETA: also remember that once a shutter has been partially rammed open from the outside the internal window needs to have either been left open or has to be tackled from the outside of the building.

Editing to add once more: When you force these shutters open they don't stay open. They need to be propped open because the interior cord mechanism becomes slack and they automatically drop.
Hi aquila  clapping You know that, and I know that and many expats will know that but Kate didn't when she was telling her lies.

Back to top Go down

Post by viday on 20.05.17 9:21

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@JohnyT wrote:Why hasn't some investigating body asked......"....look the shutters, were they jemmied or not!".............
        Surely this is VERY basic policing?!
JohnyT

Here's an investigating body doing some very basic policing winkwink

The likelihood of an abductor entering the apartment through that back window is 0%
no chance
viday

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum