The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 24 Mm11

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 24 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 24 Mm11

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 24 Regist10

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book?

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 24 Empty Re: Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book?

Post by Verdi 18.09.22 1:25

Amaral’s appeal was heard in December in Lisbon, over five days that ended up being spread over three consecutive months. Gerry and I felt it was important, essential even, for us to attend to represent Madeleine. She needed somebody there for her. She was the victim in this, not Gonçalo Amaral. I also needed to see the whites of Sr Amaral’s eyes. We flew out to Portugal on 10 December.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

[For garbage research only]

Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Activity : 34373

Back to top Go down

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 24 Empty Re: Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book?

Post by Verdi 18.09.22 1:45

Weekend repeat..
Kate McCann wrote:
Not sure how I feel about seeing Mr Amaral – for the first time ever, I hasten to add! I know I’m not scared but that man has caused us so much upset and anger because of how he has treated my beautiful Madeleine and the search to find her. He deserves to be miserable and feel fear.

All sounds very impressive whilst lounging around the pool in exotic 2* Benidorm hotel circa. May 2011 with nothing to do but over indulge copious jugs of ice cool Sangria and soak up the sun but back at Blighty reality sets in.

Lest they forget..

Gonçalo Amaral was assigned to the case of missing Madeleine McCann as coordinator, he didn't know the parents, he didn't know any of their group of friends/acquaintances nor anything about them. He was called out on a blank canvas, whilst the team of Portuguese police investigated the case. Case coordinator spells out all anyone needs to know.

Snr Amaral was not a lone crusader, he was not the devil incarnate, he was not the ultimate judge and jury.

Like anywhere else in the civilised world of police investigation, the officers and their superiors work as a team, they work together with the primary course of cause and solution - with a lot else going on 'behind the scenes' [sic].

Snr Amaral's book and documentary was based entirely on the course of the official investigation.

Ms McCann claims to have 'trawled' through the translated PJ files, released into the public domain in July/August 2008. If Ms McCann truly 'trawled' through the translated files and read Snr Amaral's book and intently watched Snr Amaral's documentary, she would have no choice but to recognize and publicly acknowledge the factuality of Snr Amaral's position.

But she didn't do that - did she ....

Forum Manager
Forum Manager

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.09.22 13:13

Amaral and his chums had evidently been poised to take full advantage of the long-awaited lifting of judicial secrecy. Now they really went to town: we had staged a kidnap, or Madeleine had died in our holiday apartment and we had hidden her body; we had influenced the British police and organized our campaign to mislead investigators into searching for a living child, and so on and so forth. No longer gagged by the law, Amaral was talking more and more openly to journalists and turning up on television chat shows. A friend in the Algarve kept us updated on his activities. It was unpleasant and distressing to hear what he was saying, but we had to know what Madeleine was up against in Portugal. And it was incessant. With the best will in the world, it is hard for anyone to absorb this stuff day in, day out and remain completely objective, especially when it is never challenged or balanced by an alternative viewpoint.

It is impossible to convey, particularly to people outside Portugal who were not aware of Amaral’s behaviour, just how difficult this smear campaign was both to withstand and to counter. And we desperately needed to counter it: we have always believed that the information that can lead us to our daughter is likely to come from Portugal. This is where the crime was committed, after all. Blackening our names was one thing, but if people there were taken in by Amaral’s theories, they were going to think there was no point in looking for Madeleine, or in passing on any information that might be relevant. We are quite sure that Amaral’s posturing has reduced our chances of finding her.

Why on earth would a former police officer want to convince the world that a missing child was dead – with no evidence whatsoever to support his claim? The only conclusion we could draw was that he was attempting to justify his actions while in charge of the investigation and at the same time promoting his forthcoming book to cash in on our misfortune. It just beggars belief.

I spent many days in tears, sobbing at the injustice being done to Madeleine by the very people who should have been helping her. There were times when I felt so incensed by the conduct of Amaral and his friends I thought I simply wouldn’t get through the pain and anger. It was utterly frustrating that there didn’t seem to be anybody in Portugal prepared to stand up against this man. Surely there were intelligent and knowledgeable people in positions of authority who could see through these offensive allegations. Why were they all staying quiet? Was it because it wasn’t their problem? Were they scared to speak out? Perhaps Amaral had tapped into some kind of national subconscious desire for this to all just go away. The country was already reeling from a child-abuse scandal involving Casa Pia, a state-run institution for orphans and other disadvantaged children (when this finally came to court in 2010, six men, including a TV presenter and a former UNESCO ambassador, would be convicted) – the first such case ever to be tried in Portugal. Perhaps it was more convenient and less troubling to lay Madeleine’s disappearance at the door of her foreign parents, put an end to the matter and move on. Who knows?

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

[For research only]

Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.09.22 13:20

Gerry and I talked about taking legal action against Gonçalo Amaral but we had concerns about the time and effort this would involve. We did not want to be diverted from our own investigation just as we had put the restrictions of the case behind us and we feared that any resolution through the Portuguese courts would take too long. For the moment we hoped the fuss would die down and Amaral would let up.

As 2008 drew to a close, Gonçalo Amaral was still parading his unsavoury theories around Portugal and beyond. By the autumn it had become clear that he was not going to go away. We were beginning to realize that the harm being done to our search for Madeleine, especially in Portugal, was outweighing our reluctance to be distracted from it. We needed to put a stop to this serious damage. We had already spoken to our legal team on several occasions about taking action and knew that the only way of assessing our chances of success would be to seek advice from a Portuguese libel lawyer.

We had first talked on the phone to Isabel Duarte on 28 November. She was very understanding and sounded nice. By this point we felt as though we had been condemned by an entire country, so to receive sympathy from someone in Portugal was like stepping into a welcoming warm bath. Six weeks later, Gerry went to Lisbon to meet her. Although we were still resisting the temptation to sue, her parting shot left a lasting impression on him. ‘Don’t forget! That man said you buried your daughter on the beach!’

For his next trick, Amaral produced a ‘documentary’ based on his book, which was screened in Portugal on 13 April. A friend in Luz who phoned to tell us about it the next day was very upset, describing it as ‘awful’.
I’ve always been considered quite a gentle person but these attacks stirred up terrible emotions in me. It was as if my whole body was trying to scream but a tightly screwed-on lid was preventing the scream from escaping. Instead I was just howling internally. My punch bag certainly came in handy at times. Amaral’s documentary was the last straw. On 20 April we took the decision with Isabel Duarte to sue him.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.09.22 14:23

"On 20 April we took the decision with Isabel Duarte to sue him."

Remind me of the outcome of that decision !
And always bear in mind it is 'advised' by a lawyer who takes a feee NO MATTER WHAT the outcome.

Many Solicitors have a Christmas Fund drawer in the filing cabinet.
In it are the hopeless case, ones which will go nowhere but which the client cannot be persuaded to give up.
Around October they give the file to their secretary and another long letter is produced, going over the history – copied and pasted from the previous letter – and making a further demand, with another threat of imminent legal action.

Then in November the Client is billed for the letter, is reassured that something is happening and happily pays up.

It happened to me.   Luckily I have two solicitor friends, one a managing partner of one of the UK's biggest firms, the other his wife who had given up practising, and then taught at the law school and prepared students for Law Society Finals.  
So I know a few of the scams and "Spanish Practices".

Incidentally all that is required is a polite letter of acknowledgement, saying that the matter is being given urgent consideration and that you hope to be able to reply in more detail in the New Year.  Don't for Heaven's sake actually ANSWER the points raised !  That breaks the link and ruins the whole thing.   For everyone.

Honour is satisfied and it all goes back onto the Folder until the next October.

A bit like Private Detectives producing lists of places they have visited and things they have done attached to their expenses bills ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16095

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.09.22 16:46

FRIDAY 4 MAY

Friday 4 May. Our first day without Madeleine. As soon as it was light Gerry and I resumed our search. We went up and down roads we’d never seen before, having barely left the Ocean Club complex all week. We jumped over walls and raked through undergrowth. We looked in ditches and holes. All was quiet apart from the sound of barking dogs, which added to the eeriness of the atmosphere. I remember opening a big dumpster-type bin and saying to myself, please God, don’t let her be in here. The most striking and horrific thing about all this was that we were completely alone. Nobody else, it seemed, was out looking for Madeleine. Just us, her parents.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

[For Clarrie-fication]

Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.09.22 16:48

And then..

The only searches I was aware of were those carried out by ourselves, fellow guests and the Mark Warner staff.

Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.09.22 16:52

Friday 4 May. Our first day without Madeleine. As soon as it was light Gerry and I resumed our search.

Why include "Our first day without Madeleine" ?
Is this trying too hard, protesting too much, desperately trying to cover up the fact that Madeleine had died 4 days before ?
The paragraph makes sense without it, (if we avoid criticising the use of the world "resume" to mean "Start", and observe that it actually refers to going for a jog together, rather than "spreading out" and going off in different directions to double toe search area)
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16095

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.09.22 16:55

Tuesday 8th May 2007

As we were walking up from the beach at about 5pm, I had a call from Cherie Blair, in her final days as wife of the prime minister (her husband Tony would announce his resignation two days later and leave office the following month). She was kind and helpful. She told me it was amazing but encouraging that Madeleine was still the first topic on the news every night. This was only five days after the abduction: as it turned out, our poor daughter would continue to headline the bulletins for some time to come. Cherie also warned me, ‘Whatever happens, your life will never be the same again.’ She mentioned that a friend of hers, Catherine Meyer, was the founder of PACT – Parents and Abducted Children Together – and said she would get in touch with her on my behalf. Doubtless I asked Cherie if there was anything the British government could offer the Portuguese in the way of resources to assist or expedite the search for Madeleine. It wasn’t my intention to make her feel uncomfortable by asking this, and I’m sure I didn’t. We were just so desperate I couldn’t let the opportunity go by.

MY LIFE BY KATE - autobigraphical chiclit

[For clarity only]

Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi Yesterday at 16:16

The night of Thursday 3rd/Friday 4th May 2007

Dave, seeing Gerry’s anguish and frustration at how little was being done, knew Madeleine needed more help than she was getting. At some point before the PJ left, a retired British couple in a nearby apartment lent him their computer and he sent an email to Sky News alerting them to the abduction of our daughter, using an address listed on their website.

Evidently this wasn’t the best way of contacting Sky, because, as it turned out, Dave’s email remained buried in some inbox. Despite the fabricated tales that later emerged in certain quarters, suggesting that we had contacted the media before we’d even called the police, apparently the first Sky heard of Madeleine’s disappearance was from the Press Association, and from seeing one of our friends on GMTV, later that morning. Though we knew little of what was going on at the time, it is true that the news filtered through overnight. Rachael had contacted a friend of hers at the BBC seeking help and advice and several friends in the UK informed the press some time after 7am.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

[Research only]

Forum Manager
Forum Manager

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic View next topic Back to top