The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 20 Mm11

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 20 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 20 Mm11

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 20 Regist10

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book?

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 20 Empty Re: Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book?

Post by Verdi 20.07.21 1:46

Oh the irony of it all .... The Last Photograph!

The PJ required access to the McCanns camera/s, strangely no mention of mobile phones with camera function - routine policing! However despite the obvious reasons for viewing the McCanns holiday photographs, the camera was carefully edited by the McCanns before presentation to the PJ.

The poolside photograph was not included , that came later after Gerry McCann's first visit to the UK, about three weeks after Madeleine's disappearance!

Again I say, with such a photograph of Madeleine so readily available to assist the police, why did the McCanns give the PJ an outdated photograph of Madeleine for identification purposes?

The simplest explanation for the later publication of the 'last photograph' would be to provide evidence that Madeleine was alive and well at lunchtime on 3rd May 2007 but that's all it explains. Everything else surrounding the photograph is suspicious to say the least.

Family friend Jon Corner, the media guru, features prominently as regards the portfolio of Madeleine McCann photographs.

From the book..

At the Toddler Club near the Tapas restaurant Fiona collected Lily and headed back to her flat. Madeleine and I met up with Sean, Amelie and Gerry and returned to ours for lunch. As the children were getting quite restless in the apartment we decided to get them out in the fresh air before the afternoon’s activities. We went to the play area, which was such a hit with our three that they never seemed to get fed up with it. We then sat round the toddler pool for a while, dipping our feet in, and I took what has turned out to be my last photograph to date of Madeleine. Heartbreaking as it is for me to look at it now, it encapsulates the essence of Madeleine: so beautiful and so happy.
~~~

You may be wondering not only what relevance all these minute details might have to anything, but also how I can recall them so distinctly and how accurate my recollections can possibly be. The answer is that, within a couple of days, every single apparently inconsequential thing that happened on that holiday would become vitally important, and Gerry and I would soon be painstakingly trying to extract from our brains every tiny incident, no matter how small, that might have been significant. Armed with notebook, pen and dated photographs, I would be challenging myself to piece together as comprehensive an outline of the sequence of events as I could. The regular routines of the week helped to make any deviations from them stand out and undoubtedly made this easier.
~~~

The texts and phone calls kept coming. By this time our friend Jon Corner, a creative director in media production in Liverpool, was circulating photographs and video footage of Madeleine to the police, Interpol and broadcasting and newspaper news desks. This was in accordance with the standard advice of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in the US, which advocates getting an image of a missing child into the public domain as soon as possible.
~~~

The very next evening Gerry’s sister Phil sent a chain email round the world asking every recipient to help find our little girl. It came with a downloadable poster featuring a photograph of Madeleine, the one of her holding the tennis balls, taken two days before she vanished. This led the following day to the first conversation, between Phil, a teacher, and Calum Macrae, a former pupil of hers and an IT whizzkid, about establishing a website for Madeleine. Jon Corner had opened up the file transfer protocol he’d set up on 4 May to circulate Madeleine’s image to family, friends and other supporters. No, I didn’t know what one of those was, either: basically, it provided access via a password to a repository for photographs and other material, allowing people to share their resources. Helpers could post their material on a dedicated server via the FTP and use that supplied by others to create flyers, posters and so on. The press already had the password, which gave them access to pictures and video footage.
~~~

Gerry was taken in to be interviewed while I remained downstairs. I made use of the long wait I anticipated by sitting down with a notebook, pen and my camera, containing dated photographs of the holiday, and trying to write a detailed account of everything that had happened the week before.
~~~

We were represented there by a large contingent of family and friends and saw it ourselves live on TV in Praia da Luz. Jon Corner had produced a DVD of photographs and video images of Madeleine to the soundtrack of the Simple Minds song ‘Don’t You Forget About Me’.
~~~

At Monday’s meeting with the British police, Gerry was told about plans to launch an appeal in the UK aimed at holidaymakers who had been in the Algarve in the weeks leading up to Madeleine’s abduction. They would be encouraged to send in to the Child Exploitation and Online Protection agency any photographs they had taken in which people they didn’t recognize could be seen in the background. CEOP would use facial-recognition software to screen these pictures for known offenders who might have been in the area. To us this seemed a massive step forward, a sign that the unique collaboration between the UK and Portuguese police was beginning to bear some fruit.

[Excerpts for study and research only]

thinking

The poolside photograph, the last photograph, plays an important part in this saga. So much emphasis .... too much emphasis!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 20 Empty Re: Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book?

Post by Verdi 23.07.21 0:48

We came in for some criticism, of course, for leaving the children in the apartment while we had dinner. Some initial reports were very misleading, suggesting that we had been sitting several hundred metres away.

Journalists who were actually in Praia da Luz and saw the proximity of the Tapas restaurant to the apartment (as the crow flies, just under fifty metres; a little further walking round ‘the road way’) were clearly shocked that Madeleine had been grabbed at such close quarters, and we were given the definite impression that they wanted to help. This also went for their bosses, the TV executives and newspaper editors.

There was unquestionably a sense of ‘There but for the grace of God go I.’ I looked on them as allies in the search for Madeleine. And although I don’t doubt that many of them did genuinely want to help, it was a while before I realized that finding our child came some way down their list of priorities and learned the hard lesson that the media are not about spreading news but selling products. Their overriding concern was not us or, sadly, Madeleine, it was someone shouting down the phone that the editor needed eight hundred words by ten o’clock.

For the first few days after Madeleine was taken, with the apartment full of people, the English-language news from Sky or the BBC was on pretty consistently in the background. We saw quite a bit of the coverage ourselves but once the speculation mushroomed it crucified us. Gerry said to me, ‘We have to stop watching this.’ We also began to avoid the English newspapers, readily available from Baptista on the same day as they were published at home.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

[Extract for study and research only]

Al publicity is good publicity - you can pick and choose what to favour and what to condemn.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 23.07.21 1:02

Our audience with Pope Benedict XVI, as part of a public session at St Peter’s, was confirmed the following day and scheduled for Wednesday 30 May.

Sir Philip Green kindly offered us the use of his private jet. But what would people say? That we were hobnobbing with celebrities and swanning around in the lap of luxury while our daughter was suffering?

The unpleasant scrutiny we were under was soon to become an integral part of our lives whether we liked it or not. In the end we accepted Sir Philip’s offer for logistical and emotional reasons. The key factor was that it would dramatically reduce the period of time we’d need to spend away from Amelie and Sean.

Not for the last time, we agreed to a small group of UK and Portuguese journalists and photographers travelling with us on the plane.

To this day, I wonder why on earth we did. We would have been under some gentle and well-meaning pressure from Clarence, a journalist himself until fairly recently, who was working so closely with the media that he was keen to maintain a friendly relationship with them. I know it’s the way politicians do things, but our situation was rather different.

Obviously, the press were going anyway, and travelling with us made their lives much easier, but it meant we couldn’t relax or let our guard down for fear that something we said or did would turn up in the papers, spun to suit a particular story. From time to time, inevitably, we forgot that while on a personal level some of the journalists were lovely to us, they were there to do a job.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

[Extract for study and research purposes only]

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.07.21 7:22

It's hard to believe the book's title is 'Madeleine', isn't it?  Me, us, we, I, our...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 03.08.21 13:25

Press replay..

We had been given a key to the church so that we could go there and pray whenever we wished. We cherished these little oases of relative peace and solitude.

One night early in the week – I think it was that Tuesday evening – while we were praying privately at Nossa Senhora da Luz, Gerry had an extraordinary spiritual experience. He suddenly became aware of a long tunnel with light at the far end of it. He felt himself enter the tunnel and, as he went deeper and deeper inside, it became wider and wider and brighter and brighter. He had never known anything like this before and he immediately interpreted it as a sign urging us to do absolutely everything within our power to find Madeleine ourselves.

From that moment he was convinced that we did not have to sit back passively, issuing statements and waiting for others to bring her home. We needed to take the initiative. Straight away he shared this revelation with me and tried to explain what it meant to him. We had to start right now to mobilize all the resources available to us.

His ‘vision’ – I don’t know what else to call it – in that beautiful little church had a huge impact on Gerry. It was this experience that laid the foundations of our organized campaign to find our daughter.

From the minute he got up the next morning, Gerry was on a mission. Among the first people he spoke to was the ambassador, John Buck. The foreign secretary, Margaret Beckett, also happened to call him. He pleaded with them both to try to improve the way the investigation and the search were being handled. We needed it to be far better than this, he told them. They knew that, too, I’m sure. Many friends and colleagues also heard from Gerry that day, asking them to think hard. What could help us to find Madeleine? Who could help? ‘Think about your contacts, then think about the contacts of your contacts. Can they help?’

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

[Excerpt for research and study only]

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.09.21 16:46

At the risk of being repetitive..

On Tuesday 8 May, we said an emotional goodbye to the family and friends who were leaving us, including my parents and Gerry’s mum. It was so sad, but we all knew it was for the best. Later, I went down to sit on the beach for a while with Fiona. I still felt oblivious to everything around me; nothing whatsoever mattered except Madeleine. We talked and cried and held on to each other. It was like a horror movie that refused to end. But this was my life now, until Madeleine was found.

As we were walking up from the beach at about 5pm, I had a call from Cherie Blair, in her final days as wife of the prime minister (her husband Tony would announce his resignation two days later and leave office the following month).

She was kind and helpful. She told me it was amazing but encouraging that Madeleine was still the first topic on the news every night. This was only five days after the abduction: as it turned out, our poor daughter would continue to headline the bulletins for some time to come. Cherie also warned me, ‘Whatever happens, your life will never be the same again.’

She mentioned that a friend of hers, Catherine Meyer, was the founder of PACT – Parents and Abducted Children Together – and said she would get in touch with her on my behalf. Doubtless I asked Cherie if there was anything the British government could offer the Portuguese in the way of resources to assist or expedite the search for Madeleine. It wasn’t my intention to make her feel uncomfortable by asking this, and I’m sure I didn’t. We were just so desperate I couldn’t let the opportunity go by.

madeleine by MATE MCCANN

NOTE: Baroness Catherine Meyer is married to Sir Christopher Meyer, former British Ambassador to the USA.   He sits on the board of the charity his wife founded, PACT (Parents and Abducted Children Together).

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t13407p1050-video-of-the-day#442171

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 23.10.21 13:43

Friday 4th May 2007

By this time our friend Jon Corner, a creative director in media production in Liverpool, was circulating photographs and video footage of Madeleine to the police, Interpol and broadcasting and newspaper news desks.

Jon Corner had opened up the file transfer protocol he’d set up on 4 May to circulate Madeleine’s image to family, friends and other supporters. No, I didn’t know what one of those was, either: basically, it provided access via a password to a repository for photographs and other material, allowing people to share their resources. Helpers could post their material on a dedicated server via the FTP and use that supplied by others to create flyers, posters and so on. The press already had the password, which gave them access to pictures and video footage.

Wednesday 16th May 2007

Jon Corner had produced a DVD of photographs and video images of Madeleine to the soundtrack of the Simple Minds song ‘Don’t You Forget About Me’. It was a wonderful film but very difficult for Gerry and me to watch. That evening it was shown at the UEFA Cup final at Hampden Park in Glasgow, which happened to involve two Spanish teams, Sevilla and RCD Espanyol. With Spain so close and accessible from Luz, we were heartened that it would help to increase awareness there. The more people who knew Madeleine, the more eyes there would be out there looking for her and the greater our chances of finding her would be.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

[Excerpt for research and study only]

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

goodwoodone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.01.22 12:33

Tuesday 8th May 2007 - only five days after the alleged disappearance of Madeleine McCann

As we were walking up from the beach at about 5pm, I had a call from Cherie Blair, in her final days as wife of the prime minister (her husband Tony would announce his resignation two days later and leave office the following month). She was kind and helpful. She told me it was amazing but encouraging that Madeleine was still the first topic on the news every night.

This was only five days after the abduction: as it turned out, our poor daughter would continue to headline the bulletins for some time to come.

Cherie also warned me, ‘Whatever happens, your life will never be the same again.’ She mentioned that a friend of hers, Catherine Meyer, was the founder of PACT – Parents and Abducted Children Together – and said she would get in touch with her on my behalf.

Doubtless I asked Cherie if there was anything the British government could offer the Portuguese in the way of resources to assist or expedite the search for Madeleine. It wasn’t my intention to make her feel uncomfortable by asking this, and I’m sure I didn’t. We were just so desperate I couldn’t let the opportunity go by.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

[For political awareness only]

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.02.22 15:00

Friday 4th May 2007

I was taken into a large room containing several desks. Gerry had asked João Carlos if he could be allowed to stay with me while I was questioned because he was extremely worried about my psychological state. I was grateful to João Carlos for agreeing, with the proviso that Gerry remained seated behind me. I appreciate now that this would not be acceptable practice in most police investigations.

Friday 11th/Saturday12th/Sunday 13th May 2007

Prosecution Exhibit 1: 'madeleine' - What's in the book? - Page 20 Images29

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 18.02.22 15:25

I bet Gerry was "extremely worried" about Kate not sticking to the agreed script.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 5158

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.02.22 19:49

yeah, another example of the politeness of the pj, not very much expected from the horrible, bad, bungeling and of course also corrupt pj. who are used to do nasty things to suspects behind doors. 

well, would it not be they were far to polite to people who did not deserve that, whose first words about the portuguese police were fucking* tossers. silently whispered while playing an act. 

and indeed the very wrong way, jim gamble would not have given such a opportunity, he would have handled you as being a suspect, no mercy before you was cleared out, at least he tells us exactly that, time after time. 

and you know, the british police does very much the same as the portuguese police, at least they did a year later, because those officers care about a victim, a very young child. 

and it is so stupid, this is about that very first interview as a witness, husband gerry was hearing you say how you entered 5a, but in his own interview het told a different story, it does not even matter if he was the first or the second to be interviewed, that first day there was no one who corrected that mistake. that happened much later. so dearest gerry m. heard that day two very different stories, one from his own mouth, one from you. but he let it be. was that the start of confusion is good?

and that day the seeds to become suspect were sowed by yourselves. common people call this lies, and the police officers did exactly the same. they heard that day two stories, one could only be a possible true version, or were none? none of you asked to give a declaration to correct what you told. only days later that happened. 

it did not helped the search for that girl madeleine mccann very much, these so polite officers of the law never expected this, they had the idea, you needed help, and they were there to give you that, but you could not even give one story, a story that was important because it had information needed to look into all possible scenarios, even more important when a stranger was part of this case. 

from about 20.00 hours the next day the 5th, you had every hour access to british police officers, the family liaison officers, still it takes to the 10th of may 2007 to get the story corrected to one story. the one of the unlocked patio door. 

very helpful in the search for a missing, and by your own words taken child. 

and then that country that after being under duration of a totalitair regime had a part of law, you never thought could have existed, it had to open up the files to the public when a investigation was shelved, the same book of law you could have chosen to just ask to keep it open. and now we could read all how very helpful the family of a missing child in reality was. 

looking back to the pictures of the days after, you both didn't care about it very much. as long as your little helpers keep on shouting about bungling, nasty, corrupt fucking* tossers, when they talk about the polite police officers, even you was impressed with, it is all good. 

*note to the forum manager, after reading a certain book printed in the uk, my understanding is this are perfectly fine words, used by the british middle classes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.02.22 23:54

onehand wrote:
well, would it not be they were far to polite to people who did not deserve that, whose first words about the portuguese police were fucking* tossers. silently whispered while playing an act.

Shouldn't that be while 'praying an act'?

big grin

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 19.02.22 0:03

Anyway .... back to business.

Friday 4th May 2007

We stepped out of the police car amid clicking, whirring cameras and dazzling lights. To suddenly become the focus of such attention – fiercely acute, and yet at the same time disconnected, impersonal, as if we were some rare species in a zoo – was bewildering, and it certainly increased my already rocketing stress levels. But in some ways this was just another bizarre scene in a bad dream from which I couldn’t seem to wake myself up.

Upstairs our new apartment, 4G, was heaving with people. Among them were my mum, dad and Auntie Norah, who had arrived from the UK. Norah, on a visit from Canada, had been booked to return today but had immediately cancelled her flight home and had come with my parents to support us instead. As we embraced them one by one we found ourselves unable to let go. We were all sobbing. It was so hard seeing each other like this.

It was all such a blur I can’t be absolutely certain who else was there that night, but I think I remember John Hill, Emma Knights and Craig Mayhew from Mark Warner, and Ambassador John Buck, British consul Bill Henderson and Angela Morado, who had accompanied us back from Portimão. There were some new faces, too: Liz Dow, the British consul for Lisbon, British Embassy press officer Andy Bowes and Alex Woolfall, a PR crisis-management specialist from Bell Pottinger in the UK, who had been drafted in by Mark Warner, as had a trauma psychologist from the Centre for Crisis Psychology (CCP) in north Yorkshire, who had now also arrived in Luz.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

[For research and study only]

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 19.02.22 0:16

Thursday 3rd May 2007

While the officers looked around, Gerry called his sister, Trisha. As difficult as it was to tell our family, we knew we needed help from home, and quickly. Trisha, who is a nurse, and her husband, Sandy, are Madeleine’s godparents and two of life’s copers. Gerry was a mess – ‘roaring like a bull’, as Trish put it – and sobbing down the phone. She could barely make out what he was saying. It was painful for me to see my strong, assertive husband unravelling, and frightening for her to hear her ‘wee bro’ in this state. I could hear him crying over and over again, ‘She’s gone, Trisha. She’s gone.

After Gerry rang off, Trisha and Sandy called the Foreign Office in London, the British Consulate in the Algarve and the British Embassy in Lisbon, requesting assistance. It was also left to them to tell the rest of Gerry’s family. Trish drove over to their mum’s. This was not news that could be broken to her over the phone.

At 11.52pm, Gerry spoke to my Uncle Brian [Kennedy] and Auntie Janet in Rothley, at my request. Janet is a woman of strong faith and I wanted her to start praying for Madeleine as soon as possible. Brian then got in touch with the duty officer at the Foreign Office in London.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

ShiningInLuz likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 21.02.22 12:07

Friday 4th May 2007

Upstairs our new apartment, 4G, was heaving with people. Among them were my mum, dad and Auntie Norah, who had arrived from the UK. Norah, on a visit from Canada, had been booked to return today but had immediately cancelled her flight home and had come with my parents to support us instead. As we embraced them one by one we found ourselves unable to let go. We were all sobbing. It was so hard seeing each other like this.

It was all such a blur I can’t be absolutely certain who else was there that night, but I think I remember John Hill, Emma Knights and Craig Mayhew from Mark Warner, and Ambassador John Buck, British consul Bill Henderson and Angela Morado, who had accompanied us back from Portimão.

There were some new faces, too: Liz Dow, the British consul for Lisbon, British Embassy press officer Andy Bowes and Alex Woolfall, a PR crisis-management specialist from Bell Pottinger in the UK, who had been drafted in by Mark Warner, as had a trauma psychologist from the Centre for Crisis Psychology (CCP) in north Yorkshire, who had now also arrived in Luz.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 21.02.22 17:04

Did she not notice Jon Clarke ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16569

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

sparkyhorrox likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 23.02.22 10:30

Kate wrote in her book they went to the beach on Tuesday May 1st.

When they got on the beach it started to rain and the twins didn't like the feel of the wet sand on their feet, so they decided to go for an ice cream.

The ice cream shop was on the other side of the road so Kate and the children sat on a bench whilst Gerry went over to get them.

Gerry needed help to carry the 5 ices, so Kate had to leave the children on the bench , she was worried about leaving them unattended to go and help him .

But she said they had borrowed a double buggy from Mark Warner, my point is, if she had a double buggy , why were the twins not strapped into it while she went to help Gerry.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 23.02.22 11:42

She was worried about leaving them unattended on the bench, then she told the world that they had been left unattended at night in the apartment.  As someone remarked on the forum ages ago - 'not a thinker, is she?'
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Activity : 4513

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 23.02.22 15:49

" not a thinker is she ! " 
We are the ones not supposed to think , but to believe everything they tell without question ! 
After all it was " within the bounds of responsible parenting " don't you know !!!

Activity : 2377

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 23.02.22 15:55

Over thinking can make you very angry..

On the plus side, it could be said that we covered a lot of ground. But it was all incredibly deflating and some of it was downright stomach-churning.

Once again the police shared details about Murat; once again they bemoaned the absence of hard evidence.

My frustration with their lack of progress, combined with what they were actually telling us about him, whipped up a storm of fury in me that was completely out of character.

It seems to me now as if for several months I was possessed by some demonic alien that infiltrated my thoughts and filled me with anger and hatred.

I needed a face on which to pin all this rage, someone to blame. And although, as I now know, the PJ had no case against Murat, they handed him to me on a plate. Since they had insinuated throughout that he might be the person responsible for the unimaginable fear and pain suffered by our little girl, is it any wonder I felt as I did?

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

think

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 27.02.22 14:32

Every time I read these independent statements in the files (and neither could have been influenced by the other, remember – Jane’s description had not been released to the public before the Irish witnesses made their statements), I am staggered by how alike they are, almost identical in parts.

As a lawyer once said to me, apropos another matter, ‘One coincidence, two coincidences – maybe they’re still coincidences. Any more than that and it stops being coincidence.’

madeleine by KATE MCCANN

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.03.22 0:34

The night of 3rd/4th May 2007

Dave [Payne], seeing Gerry’s anguish and frustration at how little was being done, knew Madeleine needed more help than she was getting. At some point before the PJ left, a retired British couple in a nearby apartment lent him their computer and he sent an email to Sky News alerting them to the abduction of our daughter, using an address listed on their website.

Evidently this wasn’t the best way of contacting Sky, because, as it turned out, Dave’s email remained buried in some inbox. Despite the fabricated tales that later emerged in certain quarters, suggesting that we had contacted the media before we’d even called the police, apparently the first Sky heard of Madeleine’s disappearance was from the Press Association, and from seeing one of our friends on GMTV, later that morning. Though we knew little of what was going on at the time, it is true that the news filtered through overnight. Rachael had contacted a friend of hers at the BBC seeking help and advice and several friends in the UK informed the press some time after 7am.

madeleine mccann by KATE MCCANN

Now, I can't speak with any certainty but the situation of a three year old child disappearing off the face of the earth whilst holidaying with her family, I would expect to be reported worldwide through a central news agency.  Unless the news report was communicated by those concerned, like the child's parents or group of holiday friends, to specific media outlets.

Here there is confusion.  Beyond a shadow of doubt, the disappearance of a three year old child ranks over and above any tragedy that could befit media reportage but it's necessary to consider the effect of that disappearance with the persons involved and within the environment from which she disappeared. In short, I would expect the trauma and panic of the situation would be so overwhelming the last thing on the participants mind would be contacting the media.  Generally that's not within the remit of the victim/s but the police, if they feel the media would be of use to an investigation.

So .... the question is who was first informed, by whom, when and why !!!

From the very beginning it would appear that team McCann and family back in the UK were anxious to publish their story - to get in first!

How was it that Jon Clarke of the Olive Press - based in Spain, in it's infancy in May 2007, was so swiftly alerted by Britain's Daily Mail to rush to Praia da Luz to cover the story?

Naturally any hack journalist would like to be the first on the scene and the first with the world 'exclusive' but who when and where did the story first break?

think

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 04.03.22 12:01

Kate rang her best friend at 3am, her husband is Jon Corner who had press contacts.

I believe it was Corner who got in touch with the press soon after 3am,
Kate wrote in her book, Looking For Madeleine, " our friend Jon Corner, a creative director in media production in Liverpool, was circulating photographs and video footage of Madeleine to police, Interpol and broadcasting and newspaper news desks".
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.03.22 12:17

" our friend Jon Corner, a creative director in media production in Liverpool, was circulating photographs and video footage of Madeleine to police, Interpol and broadcasting and newspaper news desks".

That's always worried me .... what was Jon Corner doing with a portfolio of Madeleine images !?!

And they couldn't even produce a current photograph of Madeleine for the police investigation - despite having the playground and poolside photographs at hand, stored on camera .... and kept quiet until a later date.

scratchhead

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.03.22 12:24

Makes you wonder how they had the inner strength to spend the night of 3rd/4th May 2007 frantically phoning around friends and relations back in the UK.

You'd think the police would be the priority.

As an aside, at that particular time in history, foreign diplomats were not authorized to interfere with police work - that is not their function.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top