The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry to speak at CEOP Conference in Jan - Page 2 Mm11

Gerry to speak at CEOP Conference in Jan - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry to speak at CEOP Conference in Jan - Page 2 Mm11

Gerry to speak at CEOP Conference in Jan - Page 2 Regist10

Gerry to speak at CEOP Conference in Jan

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry to speak at CEOP Conference in Jan - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerry to speak at CEOP Conference in Jan

Post by Slartibartfast 27.12.09 18:25

Autumn wrote:
tyra wrote:Truth = abuse.

??

Would you rather I lied, would that be more palatable?

The '60 Reasons' booklet would be a good starting point for you - much of it is based on the contents of the police files.

Exactly, "much of it".

The rest is based on newspaper reports, misinterpreted evidence and speculation.

Hence Mr. Bennett's inability to defend its contents in a court of law and his accession to the McCann's demands.
Slartibartfast

Activity : 127

Back to top Go down

Gerry to speak at CEOP Conference in Jan - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerry to speak at CEOP Conference in Jan

Post by Ruby 28.12.09 1:05

Raffle wrote:
Autumn wrote:
Raffle wrote:Is he going to be there with representatives of the CEOP?

Jim Gamble will be making the welcome speech.

Here is a link for more info http://www.ceop.gov.uk/training/conferences/takenconference.asp

Cool, he'll be among friends then thumbsup

I'm interested in the friendship between Jim Gamble and Gerry McCann.
What is it that brings these two so close together?
According to Martin Brunt, Gamble had sent CEOP representatives to Portugal immediately after Maddie's disappearance and, iirc, before Leicestershire cops even got there. Why?
What does Gamble have to say about the Gaspars' statements?
Did he also investigate Yvonne Warren Martin's concerns about recognising Payne?
I hope someone attending the conference in January puts these questions to both Gamble and Gerry.
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.12.09 1:08

Ruby wrote:
Raffle wrote:
Autumn wrote:

Here is a link for more info http://www.ceop.gov.uk/training/conferences/takenconference.asp

According to Martin Brunt, Gamble had sent CEOP representatives to Portugal immediately after Maddie's disappearance and, iirc, before Leicestershire cops even got there. Why?
Did he also investigate Yvonne Warren Martin's concerns about recognising Payne?
I hope someone attending the conference in January puts these questions to both Gamble and Gerry.

I'd think Jimbo knows far more about the case of missing Madeleine than anyone does on forums.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DCB1 28.12.09 1:09

"What is it that brings these two so close together? "

A missing child.
DCB1

Activity : 365

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold 28.12.09 1:20

DCB1 wrote:"What is it that brings these two so close together? "

A missing child.

And probably a lot more.
marigold

Activity : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 28.12.09 1:21

Raffle wrote:
Ruby wrote:
Raffle wrote:
Autumn wrote:

I'd think Jimbo knows far more about the case of missing Madeleine than anyone does on forums.

How so, Raffle?
What do you believe Gerry has confided in him?
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by DCB1 28.12.09 1:24

Maybe he has read all the files - not just the selected bits that have been translated on various forums.
DCB1

Activity : 365

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 28.12.09 2:21

Ruby wrote:
Raffle wrote:
Autumn wrote:

Gerry's closing speech will be followed by questions from the audience - lets hope they ask him some challenging questions.
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.12.09 11:15

I wonder if he will be applauded again?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.12.09 16:16

Who better to talk about this than a father that has gone and is still going through and will always go through the hell of having a child taken and Jim Gamble, who has no doubt forgotten more than we will ever know about this subject?

I know I would much rather listen to Gerry McCann and Jim Gamble than have Tony Bennett and Goncalo Amaral's conjecture shoved down my throat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 29.12.09 19:20

Raffle wrote:I wonder if he will be applauded again?

And if he is, will they live to regret doing so?
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.12.09 19:23

What The Papers Never Say wrote:I know I would much rather listen to Gerry McCann and Jim Gamble than have Tony Bennett and Goncalo Amaral's conjecture shoved down my throat.

Why register on this forum then when it's obvious that Tony posts here?
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41059

Back to top Go down

Post by Bea_Reasonable 29.12.09 20:21

Excuse me saying Jill, but didn't you say at one time all opinions welcome? That might be why.
Bea_Reasonable

Activity : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 29.12.09 20:25

Bea_Reasonable wrote:Excuse me saying Jill, but didn't you say at one time all opinions welcome? That might be why.

That's true, I did. But he is clearly uncomfortable with having Tony's conjecture shoved down his throat...so why register to be a member on a forum where that apparently happens? It must be awful for him.

What The Papers Never Say wrote:I know I would much rather listen to Gerry McCann and Jim Gamble than have Tony Bennett and Goncalo Amaral's conjecture shoved down my throat.
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41059

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.12.09 20:35

Lets be honest. This place is far more welcoming to alternative viewpoints of which, thanks to the fragmentation of the fora, there are very many. One word of dissent in some other places and you are either in for a cyber kicking or banned.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have heard there is a 'vetting' procedure under way at PFA2. I have read the open Madeleine section on there and horrified at some of the treatment applied to anyone with an opposing view.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.12.09 21:14

jkh wrote:
Bea_Reasonable wrote:Excuse me saying Jill, but didn't you say at one time all opinions welcome? That might be why.

That's true, I did. But he is clearly uncomfortable with having Tony's conjecture shoved down his throat...so why register to be a member on a forum where that apparently happens? It must be awful for him.

I didn't mean here, I was generalising, Bennett's tomes and Amaral's pathetic whinging and acting the victim appear everywhere from what I can see not just here!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.12.09 21:20

Here's a lovely example.
http://www.pfa2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4643&start=50
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 29.12.09 22:09

What I'm wondering is why has Gerry been invited to speak at a Conference, where 2 of the 6 speeches are about Faked Abduction?
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkle 29.12.09 22:12

Lovely place!
Is that the same PFA that was set up to allow all viewpoints a fair hearing???
So they have a vetting system, I thought it was your opinion that mattered not who you know?
They have some rather childish posts displayed, the forum that seems devoted just to bashing other posters. Auntie's bloomers I think. If that is on public display then it just makes the place look like a hate site, makes you wonder what is said in the sections that aren't on public display.
twinkle
twinkle

Activity : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Finally 29.12.09 22:18

Hi Cherub
I looked at the link and all I can say is my goodness. Thanks Jill for this forum.

Take care
Finally

Activity : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkle 29.12.09 22:44

Finally wrote:Hi Cherub
I looked at the link and all I can say is my goodness. Thanks Jill for this forum.

Take care

Yes agreed, seems to be the only place where there is some tolerance. Thanks Jill. thumbsup
twinkle
twinkle

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkle 29.12.09 22:45

Just realised I am off topic (again) Maybe time to post the recipe for shortbread!! big grin
twinkle
twinkle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.12.09 23:46

Autumn wrote:What I'm wondering is why has Gerry been invited to speak at a Conference, where 2 of the 6 speeches are about Faked Abduction?

So about 33% then? What is the other 67ish % about?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 30.12.09 3:55

twinkle wrote:Just realised I am off topic (again) Maybe time to post the recipe for shortbread!! big grin

Good idea, Twinkle, I'm definately going to give your fudge recipe a go :D I got a slow cooker for Christmas so if anyone has some recipes ideas, theyd be much appreciated. Thinking maybe we should ask Jill if we can have a recipe section - the quicker and easier the better laugh
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.12.09 8:10

Autumn wrote:

I think this bit
14.45 Insight from the minds of child abductors: Detective Chief Superintendent Graham Hill, Dr Joe Sullivan, Consultant Chartered Psychologist, Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre
will be very interesting. How an offender thinks and the risks they are willing to take to get their pray gives the police ideas and tools with which to catch similar freaks further down the line thumbsup
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top