The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Brian Kennedy Admits Madeleine Fund was for Legal Expenditure - Page 1 Mm11

Brian Kennedy Admits Madeleine Fund was for Legal Expenditure - Page 1 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Brian Kennedy Admits Madeleine Fund was for Legal Expenditure - Page 1 Mm11

Brian Kennedy Admits Madeleine Fund was for Legal Expenditure - Page 1 Regist10

Brian Kennedy Admits Madeleine Fund was for Legal Expenditure

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brian Kennedy Admits Madeleine Fund was for Legal Expenditure - Page 1 Empty Re: Brian Kennedy Admits Madeleine Fund was for Legal Expenditure

Post by PeterMac 16.06.11 18:10

Marian wrote:I always think of the Northern Irish singer / songwriter when I hear this name but it's not that one either! I'm sure Tony has had enough jokes about his namesake so I'll not elaborate about hearts left in San Francisco.

I left my heart in San Francisco,
I left my knee in Timbuktu.
I left my little wooden leg
Hanging on a little wooden peg
In the cloakroom at Dublin Zoo.

I left my teeth on Table Mountain,
High on a hill they smile at me.
When I come home to San Francisco
There won’t be much of me to see.
(With homage to the late and great and totally mad Spike Milligan)
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16570

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Brian Kennedy Admits Madeleine Fund was for Legal Expenditure - Page 1 Empty Re: Brian Kennedy Admits Madeleine Fund was for Legal Expenditure

Post by Nina 16.06.11 19:26

So this fund as far back as May 2007 was being spoken of as a legal fund. Well I never knew that, and how many more of the gullable public will know that? May 2007 they knew they were going to need a lot of money for legal fees. Well they certainly got that correct.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 16.06.11 20:32

In January 2008 Clarence Mitchell went on the record saying "We've not agreed anything, we're not about to sign anything. We like the proposal, we thought it was fair, but there are others."
He added: "It would be commercially naive if we did not ask for a donation to the Madeleine fund. We would be giving up the rights to a lot of money which could help to find her.
"Any money raised that way would go to the fund, which Kate and Gerry do not control. This is not about personal gain for them.
"Madeleine's Fund is spent on investigators and advertising. It's dwindling. The money is going. I would imagine we've got a few months left. It's not going to last the year unless we get more money in."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-506750/Kate-Gerry-plan-2m-film-deal-Madeleine-Fund-dwindles.html#ixzz1PT9KryZH

So who is the Liar Kennedy or Mitchell? Or BOTH in their own way.
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.06.11 20:40

honeybunch wrote:In January 2008 Clarence Mitchell went on the record saying "We've not agreed anything, we're not about to sign anything. We like the proposal, we thought it was fair, but there are others."
He added: "It would be commercially naive if we did not ask for a donation to the Madeleine fund. We would be giving up the rights to a lot of money which could help to find her.
"Any money raised that way would go to the fund, which Kate and Gerry do not control. This is not about personal gain for them.
"Madeleine's Fund is spent on investigators and advertising. It's dwindling. The money is going. I would imagine we've got a few months left. It's not going to last the year unless we get more money in."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-506750/Kate-Gerry-plan-2m-film-deal-Madeleine-Fund-dwindles.html#ixzz1PT9KryZH

So who is the Liar Kennedy or Mitchell? Or BOTH in their own way.

candyfloss wrote:Here is a video where the Brian Kennedy says the money donated to the fund will be mainly for legal fees,

[youtube][/youtube]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 16.06.11 20:43

Thanks I have seen that video but that and the article with Clarence Mitchell couldnt be more different (except Clarence is the master of spin). What are your thoughts?
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.12.11 17:18

Didn't Esher McVey leave the board not long after this............................

McCanns may use Madeleine fund for defence

By Nick Britten

4:34PM BST 11 Sep 2007

Madeleine McCann's parents want to use the £1 million fund donated by the public to help pay for their defence.

The six directors controlling Madeleine's Fund will meet within the next 24 hours to discuss whether to release the money if the McCanns are charged.

The move could anger many donors who handed over money believing it would be used solely to help find the missing four-year-old.

If it is decided not to use the cash, the McCanns face financial ruin.

They are thought to earn around £120,000 a year but have not worked since May.

Mr McCann, a cardiologist, has been on unpaid leave and Mrs McCann has given up her role as a GP.

With no income and facing huge legal bills for a fight that could last several years, the couple will have to find the money from other donors, their family or through drastic measures like selling their house.

They are keen for the money to be released after hiring a senior legal team including Michael Caplin QC, who has represented a string of high-profile clients such as General Augusto Pinochet.

One director, Esther McVey, a former television presenter, said: "At the moment none of the fund has been used to pay for the defence case. But we are convening a meeting to decide if it can be used.

"When the fund was set up, one of its stated aims was to provide financial support for Madeleine's family as they searched for her.

"We are uncertain if the use of the money to pay for lawyers in these unexpected circumstances would be in the spirit of that aim. We will be taking advice from a barrister."

Miss McVey, 39, a friend of Mrs McCann's since their student days, refused to comment on whether people had begun asking for their money back after the McCanns were named as formal suspects.

Because the fund is a private business and not a registered charity, the money is not ring-fenced for a particular purpose and there is little to stop the McCanns using the money for legal fees.

The Charity Commission ruled that the fund could not be registered because its aims were not broad enough. Instead, Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Ltd, was set up as a company. It means that the McCanns only have to get the directors' consent to access the cash.

As well as Miss McVey, the board includes Doug Skehan, 54, a clinical director of cardiology at Glenfield Hospital in Leicester and colleague of Mr McCann, Peter Hubner, 64, a retired consultant and Philip Tomlinson, 76, a lawyer, both of whom are friends.

John McCann, 48, Mr McCann's brother, and Mr Kennedy are also directors but Miss McVey said they would not be able to vote because they are family members.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1562813/McCanns-may-use-Madeleine-fund-for-defence.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 01.12.11 17:41

"...John McCann, 48, Mr McCann's brother, and Mr Kennedy are also directors but Miss McVey said they would not be able to vote because they are family members."

is this a typing error?

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 01.12.11 17:49

No JD, it's referring to Kate's uncle - Brian Kennedy

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 01.12.11 18:07

Daisy wrote:No JD, it's referring to Kate's uncle - Brian Kennedy

Thanks Daisy....you couldn't write this script!!!

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 02.12.11 14:47

I know JD, it's the most bizarre case I've ever known and I'm no spring chick. Brian Kennedy Admits Madeleine Fund was for Legal Expenditure - Page 1 110921

Wonder if Brian Kennedy is still struggling in the 'credit crunch' - (I hate these stupid buzzwords) like he was in 2009? Apparently that was the reason he gave for letting Clarence Mitchell go. Brian Kennedy Admits Madeleine Fund was for Legal Expenditure - Page 1 5251

If this is true, who paid Clarrie's wages after this?

Madeleine Fund Cuts: http://www.algarveresident.com/32975-31903/algarve/madeleine-fund-cuts

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 02.12.11 14:59

Brian kennedy saying the money was probably for legal expenditure is one of only two truths we have heard throughout this scam. The second was Gerry's mother saying he was uplifted by the fund, I bet he was, all that cash rolling in.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 02.12.11 15:30

Ollie wrote:Brian kennedy saying the money was probably for legal expenditure is one of only two truths we have heard throughout this scam. The second was Gerry's mother saying he was uplifted by the fund, I bet he was, all that cash rolling in.

I only hope that Scotland Yard do much more than review paperwork and conduct a thorough investigation, the thing they are so excellent at. If the McCanns have nothing to hide there is nothing to worry about. The general public provided the money for their Fund and the taxpayer is financing the Scotland Yard inquiry.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by wallad 28.06.18 4:37

If it's "not an appeal" as he claims, then why set up a mechanism whereby  members of the public can contribute if they wish, and then go on national television explaining how they can go about it?  Who does this arrogant old bastard think he's kidding?
wallad

Activity : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.06.18 6:34

The video was 17th May.

Two weeks after Madeleine went missing.

Nobody was expecting her to be found soon then.

But they did foresee legal fees for some reason...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Brian Kennedy Admits Madeleine Fund was for Legal Expenditure - Page 1 Empty Madeleine Fund

Post by willowthewisp 28.06.18 9:18

BlueBag wrote:The video was 17th May.

Two weeks after Madeleine went missing.

Nobody was expecting her to be found soon then.

But they did foresee legal fees for some reason...
As"Pinnocio"Clarence eloquently stated,"Just put the Find Madeleine Fund,Rothley" it will get their!

I bet they did get their and as you would understand,"All Cash donations were treated accordingly",yeah OK,right Clarence,remind us who paid your fees,Clarence,oh the,"Find Madeleine fund" for over Ten years,ker ching!
Ten multiplied by £25,000=£250,000 minimum paid to him from the Fund,To "Find Madeleine"!

Madeleine McCann is thought to be alive and well,that's why the Parents had a top legal firm including Lady Justice Hogg,make Madeleine McCann a ward of Court,taking over"Parental Role" after the child was absent for Ten days,So why did this Ward of Court be necessitated so quickly,oh it was,Kate,Gerry's Daughter?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top