The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

DAVID JONES: Kate McCann's haunting account makes me rue the day I doubted them

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DAVID JONES: Kate McCann's haunting account makes me rue the day I doubted them

Post by Garth on 09.05.11 7:49

If only ... if only. Doubtless this poor, wretched couple will forever torture themselves with the what-might-have-been.

One only hopes the many questions raised in Kate’s book will prick the conscience of the Portuguese authorities and prompt them to review the woeful police investigation.

I hope that the royalties from it will keep the McCanns’ private investigators in business long enough to turn up a crucial lead.

And I hope, though not with too much expectation, that it will finally silence those internet ghouls who seek to exacerbate their agony by casting blame and making vicious attacks on their character.

The McCanns were just two decent, loving parents enjoying a family holiday – and, after reading Kate in her own, excruciatingly raw words, I am certainly sorry that I ever thought otherwise.

Read more:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1384977/DAVID-JONES-Kate-McCanns-haunting-account-makes-rue-day-I-doubted-them.html
Garth

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID JONES: Kate McCann's haunting account makes me rue the day I doubted them

Post by Guest on 09.05.11 8:50

It's amazing what some reporters will say and do in the hope of advancing their careers.

"One only hopes the many questions raised in Kate’s book will prick the conscience of the Portuguese authorities and prompt them to review the woeful police investigation".

Perhaps Mr Jones should be asking the McCann's why when they had 28 days to stop the investigation from being shelved, which they could have legally prevented, they chose to sit back and allowed it to collapse?

Back to top Go down

Re: DAVID JONES: Kate McCann's haunting account makes me rue the day I doubted them

Post by DocMartin on 09.05.11 9:41

Stella wrote:It's amazing what some reporters will say and do in the hope of advancing their careers.

"One only hopes the many questions raised in Kate’s book will prick the conscience of the Portuguese authorities and prompt them to review the woeful police investigation".

Perhaps Mr Jones should be asking the McCann's why when they had 28 days to stop the investigation from being shelved, which could have legally prevented, they chose to sit back and allowed it to collapse?

Exactly, Stella! The McCanns could have kept this investigation open but they allowed it to be shelved because they didn't want the police to solve it. Despicable people who are now keeping this case going for money.
DocMartin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.11 9:49

This is what KM says in the article in the Sun today about not answering those questions

Carlos had advised me not to answer any of the questions put to me. He explained that this was my right as an arguida and the safest option. Any responses I gave might unintentionally implicate me in some way

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3569557/Kate-McCann-I-smashed-bed-in-rage-at-cops.html#ixzz1LqKSmRoZ

Wouldn't you answer any questions that might help find your daughter. How can you unintentionally implicate yourself if you have done nothing wrong?? i don\'t know

Back to top Go down

Post by DocMartin on 09.05.11 9:54

candyfloss wrote:Wouldn't you answer any questions that might help find your daughter. How can you unintentionally implicate yourself if you have done nothing wrong?? i don\'t know

Because the psychotic Kate thought she was being fitted up didn't she?

Didn't she say at some time that the PJ didn't want a murder in Portugal?

Murder????

Why would she say murder when the PJ said Madeleine died accidentally?
DocMartin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.11 9:59

@DocMartin wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Wouldn't you answer any questions that might help find your daughter. How can you unintentionally implicate yourself if you have done nothing wrong?? i don\'t know

Because the psychotic Kate thought she was being fitted up didn't she?

Didn't she say at some time that the PJ didn't want a murder in Portugal?

Murder????

Why would she say murder when the PJ said Madeleine died accidentally?

The lawyer had told her the situation was not good and they had a lot of evidence.(See above link)

Yeah, but how come she was advised not to answer, and yet Gerry McCann, who had the same lawyer (I think) was not advised the same, and answered all his questions? That for me is very odd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzy on 09.05.11 10:32

How can you unintentionally implicate yourself if you have done nothing wrong??

A very good question and one that needs an answer. Because it's true that Gerry answered the same questions and so presumably this means he had no worries about implicating himself. I think the answer to this conundrum is this: by one of them answering all the questions and the other answering none, there was no possibility of any contradiction in their answers. Any discrepancies that might have crept in if they'd both answered the questions would have led to further suspicion, so they took the easy way out. It could be said that Kate could have answered some questions but not all, but that would simply have directed attention towards the ones she refused to answer and it's pretty obvious they couldn't risk that.

Utterly pathetic, of course, that any mother could be so callous as to think of her own safety if her daughter really had been abducted, but then they've been looking after their two selves since Madeleine disappeared, just as they put themselves first every night of the holiday. How they can bear to look at their own refections in the mirror I don't know, as they must see the most tawdry excuses for parents looking back at them.
Izzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.11 10:42

Izzy wrote: How can you unintentionally implicate yourself if you have done nothing wrong??

A very good question and one that needs an answer. Because it's true that Gerry answered the same questions and so presumably this means he had no worries about implicating himself. I think the answer to this conundrum is this: by one of them answering all the questions and the other answering none, there was no possibility of any contradiction in their answers. Any discrepancies that might have crept in if they'd both answered the questions would have led to further suspicion, so they took the easy way out. It could be said that Kate could have answered some questions but not all, but that would simply have directed attention towards the ones she refused to answer and it's pretty obvious they couldn't risk that.

Utterly pathetic, of course, that any mother could be so callous as to think of her own safety if her daughter really had been abducted, but then they've been looking after their two selves since Madeleine disappeared, just as they put themselves first every night of the holiday. How they can bear to look at their own refections in the mirror I don't know, as they must see the most tawdry excuses for parents looking back at them.

Hi Izzy = good post thumbsup Of course you are right, in that if they had given contradictory answers it would have looked suspicious. But surely, lawyer or no lawyer, you would answer truthfully, to help the investigation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.11 11:59

Izzy wrote:

I think the answer to this conundrum is this: by one of them answering all the questions and the other answering none, there was no possibility of any contradiction in their answers. Any discrepancies that might have crept in if they'd both answered the questions would have led to further suspicion, so they took the easy way out. It could be said that Kate could have answered some questions but not all, but that would simply have directed attention towards the ones she refused to answer and it's pretty obvious they couldn't risk that.

Well said Izzy that imo is precisely why she sat there and answered every question with a "no comment".

It's a tactical defence strategy for the guilty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla 19 on 09.05.11 13:24

Would you want the P J in charge of looking for your child I think not hence the Mccanns let the case be shelved.
O h sorry im a pro this will be deleted before its posted.   
Carla 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.11 13:37

Carla 19 wrote:Would you want the P J in charge of looking for your child I think not hence the Mccanns let the case be shelved.
O h sorry im a pro this will be deleted before its posted.   

Of course your post won't be deleted Carla19. It just serves to show everyone what a ridiculous comment that was!! Just one point though, why do they keep whinging that no police force is looking for her, if they wanted it shelved titter

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla19 on 09.05.11 13:43

If you keep up with the news you will have read that THERE IS a police force still looking and investigating the disappearance of Madeleine,
Carla19

Back to top Go down

Post by poppydog on 09.05.11 13:48

Which Police Force is that then Carla?
poppydog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 09.05.11 13:49

Carla19 wrote:If you keep up with the news you will have read that THERE IS a police force still looking and investigating the disappearance of Madeleine,

So there's no need for the McCann's to keep begging for money then is there?
Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by carla19 on 09.05.11 13:52

Typical antis read the papers numbskulls goodbye.  
carla19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.11 13:54

carla19 wrote:Typical antis read the papers numbskulls goodbye.  

byebye
Another one bites the dust, typical big grin When they can't debate out come the nasty remarks!

Back to top Go down

Post by poppydog on 09.05.11 13:56

I did read the papers, still can't see what you're talking about Carla. Last I heard, Kate McCann was bemoaning the fact that no police force was actively looking for her daughter.

Bye then.
poppydog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 09.05.11 13:57

carla19 wrote:Typical antis read the papers numbskulls goodbye.  

byebye Missing you already!
Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by carla19 on 09.05.11 13:58

DEBATE you dont call this forum a debate forum DONT MAKE ME LAUGH     MY GOD thats so funny.
carla19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.11 14:00

carla19 wrote:DEBATE you dont call this forum a debate forum DONT MAKE ME LAUGH     MY GOD thats so funny.

I thought you just said goodbye. big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.11 14:04

Carla's choosing to forget one very important fact.

It was a joint Portuguese/British investigation and that it was a British criminal profiler called Lee Rainbow who after studying all of the statements and physical evidence available, suggested that the parents should be considered as suspects.

But I doubt very much Carla will be back to talk about that somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth on 09.05.11 18:14

Stella, what honest difference does it make whether the British or Portuguese suggested the McCanns should be investigated? Unless your inferring that the Portuguese are complete and utter baffoons and would never crossed their minds!

And we all well know the McCanns are paying for private investigators to search for their daughter which costs money. Jeez it don't take Einstein to work that out!

Garth

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 09.05.11 18:27

@Garth wrote:Stella, what honest difference does it make whether the British or Portuguese suggested the McCanns should be investigated? Unless your inferring that the Portuguese are complete and utter baffoons and would never crossed their minds!

And we all well know the McCanns are paying for private investigators to search for their daughter which costs money. Jeez it don't take Einstein to work that out!

Garth, you need to read this thread https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2432-mf-investigation-conference-cheshire-and-lancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.11 18:30

@Garth wrote:Stella, what honest difference does it make whether the British or Portuguese suggested the McCanns should be investigated? Unless your inferring that the Portuguese are complete and utter baffoons and would never crossed their minds!

Jeez Garth, it doesn't take Einstein to work out that they wouldn't have to spend the money on private detectives, the police would have carried on for free, if they had answered the questions and participated in a reconstruction, instead they suddenly decided to leave Portugal, and let the case get shelved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Garth on 09.05.11 18:50

I think you are completely missing the point.

The McCanns think (with good cause) that they were being stitched up. I don't know how many more times it has to be said to understand why she didn't cooperate.  If it had been me and they were trying to make me CONFESS, particularly with my daughter still missing, I would have rammed their theories up their arse, let alone cooperate!

But that's just my gentile nature!
Garth

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum