The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Gerry Mccann

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gerry Mccann

Post by ROSA on 25.05.11 11:21

Biography

Gerry McCann is one of Scotland's leading photojournalists. Although based in Glasgow, he has covered major events in Ethiopia, Sudan, Somalia, Romania, Nepal, Gaza, West Bank, The Philippines, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Spain.
His powerful and thought-provoking images have appeared in major publications including The Herald, Scotland On Sunday, The Times, The European, The Independent on Sunday, Japan Today, The Economist, The Observer, Der Spiegel, The Globe and Mail, and The Guardian.
McCann's images have also appeared in books and in educational publications based on the curriculum, on CD-Roms, and on the web. He has been associated with The Times Educational Supplements for fifteen years. His exhibition "The Best Years...?" toured Scotland to critical acclaim in 1993 and 1994.
Gerry McCann has been involved in the application of new technology to photography since 1994. He is currently using his skills in electronic imaging to create digital solutions for corporate as well as editorial clients.
Gerry's been around long enough to know that there are many influences on his work, as he says, "Don McCullin fired me with indignation at life's injustices and the power of an image to pull us up. Flanked in years by Eugene Smith and Sebastiao Salgado, he created a tradition of monochrome photojournalism that defies complacency.
"I admit that I've tried to copy the weird and compelling compositions of Gilles Peress. My failure is maybe in trying too hard.
Ernst Haas informs my colour work and I try to make pictures that have a heart.His successor is William Allard who introduced me to the art of 'playing around with cameras'. But there's also Alex Webb who knows how to get tension and menace into great slabs of colour.
"Some books impress me greatly. The Desert, by Raymond Depardon and others is genius in the sense that the subject succeeds in overwhelming technique and personality.
"And then there is Tim Page. In The Mindful Moment he exposes all his pain and poetic outrage at the generals and bureaucrats. You can almost see him shaking a fist at the long-gone B-52s, from a foxhole in a Cambodian paddyfield. He loves the peasants and the GIs in equal measure. He has given almost everything and he keeps saying he's broke. His pictures look like they're taken on a Leica with a mind of its own. But they're great. Thanks Tim"

ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by hidebox on 25.05.11 11:24

It has nothing to do with Dr Gerry McCann so why have you posted it?
hidebox

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 25.05.11 11:25

Recent Publications

Coming Soon...This section will contain extracts of publications in which Gerry's photographs have appeared.
Archive

Most of the images on this website are available for reproduction in the printed and electronic media. Permission must be obtained before publication. Gerry McCann also has a large archive of high quality images in the fields of education, social comment, the politics of Scotland, festivals, culture, personalities, the environment, and belief systems, from both at home and abroad.
Reportdigital.co.uk
Some of Gerry's work can be found here. Try a search there with "Scotland" or "Gerry" as search term. Note that you have to be a registered user at "Reportdigital.co.uk".
Prints
Selected images are available as limited edition prints. These are in a variety of media including silver halide, and Lysonic archival Fine Art.
Commissions

Gerry McCann accepts commissions in most parts of the world as well as in Scotland.
For details of all these services email info@gerrymccann.com

Digital

New technology, especially in the field of imageing, is both invigorating and perplexing. For every fact about digital photography there seems to be a corresponding myth. Gerry McCann has been at the forefront in reinventing photography for the editorial market with these modern tools since 1994.
His methods are tried and tested in the field. He approaches each project on its merits and creates a digital strategy. Whether the outcome is the delivery of a portrait by e-mail, or the creation of a fine art portfolio of a long-term commission, the aim of the strategy is to dovetail with the client's existing systems. Where these are in early development Gerry tailors his techniques to ensure that the client begins to build their own digital archive. These archives specifically allow for new developments in technology and delivery systems such as broadband Internet access. They are as futureproof as possible.
Gerry's approach is to harness the best of new and not so new technologies in a continually evolving hybrid. In 2002 this means using the highest quality SLR and rangefinder cameras to shoot negative and positive film in both colour and monochroome. The images are then digitised on an Imacon Flextight scanner run on an Apple Mac. They can be delivered by transmission or on CDs readable by Mac and PC.
Two recent commissions illustrate this flexible approach, as Gerry describes;
"I photographed the start of a housing project in Castlemilk for Home In Scotland in 1998. This was done in gritty reportage style to show the poor conditions people were living in there. Over the next two years I went back and photographed the process of demolition and consultation with the tenants themselves.
"By 2001 the new houses were finished. They had a sort of Mediterranean look so I shot the final phase on sunny summer days to bring out the real contrasts with the earlier pictures. Throughout this shoot I collaborated with the key individuals involved, first with the residents, and then with David Shaw of Home In Scotland and David Whitton the Chief Architect of the Homegroup.
"Finally I worked with design and publicity creatives in the use of the digitised images. These have appeared in publicity materials, a stand-alone exhibition, websites, independent publications, and in a portfolio of high quality giclee archival prints.
"Another recent commission was for the Social Work Services Department of Glasgow City Council. I was briefed to show the services using real clients in real establishments so a high degree of sensitivity was called for. We were after a set of images that showed many different aspects of the caring professions in as natural a way as possible. Basically we used genuine situations and I used my skills in observational photojournalism to record the inter-action between care staff and social workers, and a wide range of clients.
"I then created a digital portfolio of 250 print-ready images. These were stored on CDs and an index print of the thumbnails of each CD was provided. This outcome allows the client exclusive use of the images in a wide variety of media, from information leaflets to the web, without any further need for scanning by external bureaux."
Gerry McCann is convinced that our new technologies and working methods offer an incredible degree of creative freedom. The challenge is to exploit them for the sake of greater accessibility. He looks forward to continued collaboration with other creatives. This website is a good example of a joint effort between Gerry and the designer Craig Roberts.

And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 25.05.11 11:30

purple ronnie wrote:It has nothing to do with Dr Gerry McCann so why have you posted it?
candyfloss asked if i could copy any paste any of it
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by hidebox on 25.05.11 11:33

Actually I meant why post the link to his website? He seems to be a photographer and nothing to do with Maddy.
hidebox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.05.11 11:34

ROSA wrote:
purple ronnie wrote:It has nothing to do with Dr Gerry McCann so why have you posted it?
candyfloss asked if i could copy any paste any of it

Yes, thanks Rosa, (I never click on links not known t o me) As far as I can see it has no relevance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Slueth on 25.05.11 23:33

Could these two Gerry McCanns be related..................................Just a thought??????????????
Mini Slueth

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA on 10.06.11 14:10

GERRY MCCANN PROFESSIONAL LIFE - “Because Gerry McCann sits on a Government medical advisory panel.”

Not any old medical advisory panel. CORE is charged with the evaluation of radioactive contamination of this country by the release of uranium particulates from depleted uranium ordnance usage in the Middle East and elsewhere, as evidenced by the Aldermaston ’spike’ in background radiation of March, 2003.

CORE is also charged with preparation for the medical emergency caused by large numbers, probably most, of the 100 000 U.K. service personnel rotated through Iraq and Afghanistan eventually falling sick from uranium poisoning, and the impact on the population when much of the NHS budget is subsumed for this emergency purpose.

Dr. McCann is in possession of state secrets, and will be unlikely to be allowed to face trial in Portugal, or elsewhere
ROSA

Back to top Go down

The Nights Getting Pissed at the Tapas Bar are over

Post by ROSA on 11.06.11 11:31

Gerry starts his blog

20 May 07

Our day starts around 6.30am with us all waking up around the same time. We have breakfast with Sean and Amelie and our close family/friends who are here with us. Then its clean nappies and clothes for Sean and Amelie followed by showers etc for the rest of us.

Usually there’s some free time then for a few stories or games with the twins before heading out.

9.00-9.15 We take Sean and Amelie to Kids’ Club. They really enjoy it and run in. They know the staff well and the staff are all excellent. Both love the domestic corner and Amelie particularly likes to look after ‘babies’. We use the kids club a bit like nursery at home but we think Sean and Amelie still think they are on holiday!

9.30~12.15. We return to the apartments, usually for a series of meetings with our press officer, Mark Warner Reps, occasionally Consulate staff, lawyers and British Liaison officers. During this time we catch up with family and close friends, usually by telephone and discuss ideas how to keep Madeleine’s profile high especially throughout continental Europe.

12.30 Time to pick up Sean and Amelie from Kids’ club then head back to apartment for lunch, which has usually been prepared by one of our family/friends group who have been tremendously supportive.

13.30 –14.30 This is time to spend time playing with the twins either in the apartment or in the play area next to kids club.

14.30-15.00 Usually we take the twins back to Kids’ Club although Sean has had the odd afternoon in the apartment as it’s a bit cooler and he’s not much of a sun worshipper! They have been taking part in many different activities including painting, singing, stories, swimming, trips to the beach and they have lots of toys to play with.

15.00~17.00 We try to get some time together alone, going for a walk to talk things over or getting some exercise. This is often the time for quiet trips to the church for prayers.

17.00-17.30 Meet kids for high tea with other mums and dads. They love pasta and have been doing really well with their vegetables although a few chips have been squeezed in.

17.30-18.30. Games with kids at play area. Amelie loves trying to get in the baby pool!

18.30-19.30 Bath and story time with the twins.

20.00 We put the kids to bed.

20.30-23.00 We try to sit down for a family meal, again usually cooked by one of the small family group out here with us. Chat about the day’s events and plan the next day

23.30 bed and prayer for Madeleine that she will be returned to us safely ASAP.

In addition to above we try to attend various church services during the week, and make multiple phone calls to family and friends. We try to watch the main news early morning and late evening but have had almost no time to read the newspapers or even look at the pictures!

Kate is a keen runner and in the last few days has tried to include a run in the daily routine. Yesterday (Sat) at 7am we ran to the monument at the top of the steep cliff overlooking Praia de Luz. We reached it in 19 minutes.

ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by guestio on 13.06.11 19:02

Candyfloss raises very interesting questions. Namely the often mentioned position how the bedroom door would have been left...

I also partake the idea that they never left the children totally alone, in fact I suspect there were very dirty games going on...

About the video, unfortunatelly it has no value; even if a confession had been produced under a police interrogation, but if there was no forensic evidence, under the portuguese penal law there was no possibility for a charge to be presented.
guestio

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 13.06.11 22:09

I cant believe there was any deliberate "funny business" going on but I do believe that something happened and that would be either they overdosed the kids on sleeping tablets (hence twins not waking up throughout the commotion and move to new appartment) or Madeleine was able to get out through the part opened patio doors and fell to her death on the steps outside the appartment. Even thinking this didnt happen on the 3rd but before as it all seemed somewhat staged (even if the participants forgot their lines (Oldfield) and improvised (Tanner).

What does everyone else think?
Gillyspot

Back to top Go down

Who is Maddy?

Post by Guest on 07.08.11 15:24

I was in a video that I found somewhere on this thread and I found a video with this picture and took this screen shot:

Only now I can't find the original video wail
I have searched all the links, had a lot of windows open together and think maybe I hit on another video that was on youtube

It's from a portugese documentary and it's comparing Madeleine to Maddy.. Does anyone know who Maddy is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.08.11 15:40

Wasn't that the coloboma video that candyfloss posted?

object width="640" height="390">

Back to top Go down

Thanks

Post by Guest on 07.08.11 16:12

Thanks, Admin, I thought I was going mad there. Very interesting documentary, can't find the full thing anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum