The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

I Wanna Tell You A Story - Dr Roberts Mm11

I Wanna Tell You A Story - Dr Roberts Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

I Wanna Tell You A Story - Dr Roberts Mm11

I Wanna Tell You A Story - Dr Roberts Regist10

I Wanna Tell You A Story - Dr Roberts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Wanna Tell You A Story - Dr Roberts Empty I Wanna Tell You A Story - Dr Roberts

Post by Autumn 17.03.11 2:53

"I Wanna Tell You A Story"

Max Bygraves / Kate McCann
EXCLUSIVE to mccannfiles.com

By Dr Martin Roberts
16 March 2011

"I WANNA TELL YOU A STORY"

As Max Bygraves would say.

According to the tabloid press, Kate McCann 'wants to give an account of the truth on Madeleine.'

Second only to common abuse of the apostrophe in English must come the inappropriate preposition. Supposing this 'account' to be even vaguely coherent, since we know that it is already complete (384 pages, according to the Daily Express) why, besides concerning itself with the truth 'on Madeleine,' rather than about her or of her disappearance, is it represented as a future desire, when it is already a fait accompli? 'I want to' (as in, 'I would like to') has the rather dubious tone of an as yet unfulfilled intention. Instead of 'In my book I give (or 'have given' even) a full (or truthful) account of events...' etc., etc. we have a futuristic intention to present a version of the truth.

To the casual observer, the McCanns' behaviour, as well as their idiosyncratic turns of phrase, must appear altogether bizarre. Here, the author of what purports to be a substantial book, in volume at least, on the subject of her daughter's disappearance while on holiday, is the very same individual who once berated a journalist with the claim 'I know. I was there,' having previously expressed public regret that she 'wasn't there at that minute.'

On the basis of the various accounts so far delivered up in evidence by the McCanns and their holiday associates, this latest variation need not, indeed could not extend to 384 words, much less 384 pages.

'Madeleine was asleep while we were out drinking and when I looked she'd gone. I didn't look after that.' THE END.

A short story, but nothing to rival Maupassant.

There's another short story lodged within the Daily Express advertisement for the McCann book, with a gist as ambiguous and misleading as Kate's declaration, 'Every penny we raise will be spent on our search,' where emphasis should be placed on our rather than search. 'Within weeks of Madeleine being snatched...money from the public poured in to help fund the massive search for her.'

From the perspective of the charitable public that is indeed why people parted with their cash - to help fund the massive search for Madeleine. But the scale of our search, i.e. the company, is not to be misunderstood as 'massive' in any respect whatsoever. Nor should it be mistakenly associated with the massive search undertaken by the Portuguese in the immediate aftermath of Madeleine's disappearance - the largest search operation ever mounted in Portugal and one in which even the citizenry willingly participated. And what did they get from the McCanns in return? Bountiful thanks? No. Just criticism. Certainly not money. Nowhere in the published accounts of the Madeleine Fund will you see an entry covering disbursements to the Portuguese.

Gerry's story

Those who have followed this case in any detail will by now be familiar with how these quizzical ingredients find their way into the reportage, passing almost unnoticed among the stream of tedium surrounding them. Such is the nature of the McCanns' story-telling. And such are the details of Gerry McCann's eventful trip home on 19 June, 2007. You know, the one during which he offered medical assistance to a passenger on the airplane. The plane was met by an ambulance and the unidentified passenger taken for assessment of his unknown condition, to an indeterminate hospital. He has not been seen or heard of since. Now you'd think one of our red-tops at least would have been interested in running an 'I owe my life to Gerry McCann' story. An opportunity lost then.

A characteristic of McCann story-telling is that the whole family quickly becomes involved, to the extent that the principals are able, like Marcel Marceau, to take centre stage without saying a word, while explanation, commentary etc. issue forth on their behalf. In this particular instance the story has two exciting chapters, the second concerning the loss of a wallet (and they say lightning never strikes twice...).

Gerry McCann's behaviour at Waterloo station, with his rucksack, his wallet and 'something else', is reminiscent of that schoolboy riddle of animal husbandry, where a gamekeeper is charged with crossing a river in a boat together with a fox, a lamb and a duck, and in three trips or less. He can take no more than two animals with him at any one time, bearing in mind that the fox will eat either of the other two creatures if left alone with them. The McCann version of the puzzle is, as usual, articulated by everyone except the author.

First, here's the Daily Mail's synopsis:

"Madeleine McCann's father was left distraught after a thief stole his wallet that contained precious photographs of his missing daughter.

"The pickpocket struck as Gerry McCann withdrew cash from an ATM, just an hour after he arrived in London for a brief visit to organise the campaign to help find the four-year-old."

In other words, while in the process of withdrawing cash from an ATM, Gerry has his wallet stolen. (He is standing at the ATM therefore).

The Mail then offers us family corroboration:

"Susan Healey, mother of his wife Kate, said it was 'yet another kick in the teeth'.

"She added: 'Gerry is not clear exactly how his wallet was stolen.'

"'He did not see them take it.'"

How are ATM's operated again? With credit/debit cards. And where do we gents typically keep our plastic shopping coupons? In our wallets. So if you find yourself in the process of drawing cash from an ATM, the card is in the machine and the wallet in your hand, until you are about to grasp the money, when all three will be in your hand(s) (four items if you include the receipt).

But 'Gerry is not clear exactly how his wallet was stolen. He did not see them take it.'

So it clearly didn't happen 'as Gerry McCann withdrew cash from the ATM', did it?

Following the Mail's example, let's bring in another commentator at this point - Philomena McCann:

"She said: 'Gerry was at the bank to get some British currency, because he didn't have any at all.

"'He took out £100 from a hole in the wall machine, put it in his wallet then popped it in his back pocket.

"'He bent down to put something in his rucksack and some dirty animal had the wallet out of his back pocket.'"

The sequence of events here has Gerry concluding his transaction with the ATM before putting his wallet, now containing the card he has just utilised, together with the only English currency in his immediate possession, into his trouser back pocket, whence it is lifted while our hapless tourist is busy putting something else into his rucksack (using the hands he has just had full of wallet, plastic card and folding stuff). What was this 'something' and where did it come from. If it was at all sizeable it could not have been in Gerry's hands at the same time as he was fiddling with the other items. Still, if your wallet goes walkies from a back pocket, it stands to reason that you wouldn't see the 'dip' actually taking it. But you would know exactly how it was taken, even if only in hindsight.

Ever the man for a crisis, Gerry, who did not know how his wallet was no longer in his back pocket, acted spontaneously in the face of an emergency, just as he had done on the airplane earlier. As Philomena herself told the Daily Mail:

"It's what you're trained to do, it's who you are. He didn't make a big deal out of it because it's the kind of thing that he does all the time at work."

Quick thinking Gerry immediately cancelled his credit cards ("He was forced to delay the series of meetings he had planned while he cancelled his credit cards." - Daily Mail).

Presumably the pickpocket in question thought twice about feeling inside Gerry's other trouser pockets for his mobile 'phone (or maybe it was this that got stowed away in the rucksack). Lucky really. It meant that Gerry could 'phone his bank immediately and report his loss. But where was he when he did so? And how did he get there? Or was the ATM immediately outside a branch of Gerry’s bank? You see, the only negotiable currency in Gerry's recent possession had just disappeared with his wallet (that's what Philomena said) in an incident of theft that the victim did not notice at the time (that‘s what Susan Healy said). So Gerry was aboard the taxi travelling to one of those meetings he was destined to be late for, when he realized he could not pay the fare, but at least he had each of his banks' 'phone numbers stored on the memory of his cell phone (well you wouldn't erase those, would you.?). Or he was summarily ejected by the taxi driver just outside a relevant branch office and arranged to cancel one at least of his several cards over the counter. And the others?

Or he was in fact about to board the bus and discovered he had no money to buy the ticket, so went back inside the Waterloo station complex, where he reported the theft, first to a duty constable (who couldn't care less. The police apparently have no record of the theft) then to a cashier at his bank there. And, like Gregory Peck when he flashed his million pound note during the film of that title, on production of his passport and uttering something like 'Do you know who you're dealing with missy', Gerry was immediately given an over-the-counter loan to see him through the day.

Or maybe he just happened to have a copy of The Big Issue handy and a passing stockbroker took pity on him.

Annabel
Platinum Poster

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t14195-i-wanna-tell-you-a-story-dr-roberts

Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

I Wanna Tell You A Story - Dr Roberts Empty The McCanns' credit card mystery

Post by Tony Bennett 17.03.11 9:49

Thank you Autumn for posting this.

Although this article doesn't specifically touch on the issue, it raises this question, which happens to be No. 66 in our list of 163 Questions the McCanns should answer in their forthcoming 'very truthful' book:

66. The Portuguese police were told by British police: “The McCanns have no credit or ATM cards”. But the police found out that the McCanns’ flights to Portugal and hire of a Renault Scenic in Portugal were paid with credit cards. Dr Gerald McCann later admitted having credit cards, saying they went missing after his wallet was stolen. Did the McCanns have credit cards?

There is yet another aspect which this article doesn't mention, and which isn't in our '163 Questions' list either, namely the fact that Dr Gerald McCann gave two different locations for where he said his wallet had been snatched.

That all adds to the impression that this 'wallet theft' story, and the unlikely return by the thief of his wallet later, minus credit cards, was a concocted story to cover up one significant aspect of matters relating to Madeleine's disappearance.

It has been openly suggested by some (though not by me), that Dr Gerald McCann could have been using these credit cards for an illegal purpose. It also highlights the fact that IIRC a Portguese judge said it woud be 'too intrusive' and 'a breach of his human rights under the European Convention on Human Rights' to allow the Portuguese police to trawl back through his recent bank and/or credit card transactions.

Yet that could have yielded information of immense value to tbe investigation.

The article you posted highlights yet more inconsistencies and contradictions by the McCanns - another example of the mountain of circumstantial evidence against them.

The questions about the credit cards are just the sort of issue that a full public enquiry with the power to summon witnesses couild explore.

The petition for a full public inquiry into the whole case can be signed here:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/289/petition-for-a-full-public-enquiry-into-the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-with-the-power-to/
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

I Wanna Tell You A Story - Dr Roberts Empty Re: I Wanna Tell You A Story - Dr Roberts

Post by Autumn 17.03.11 13:58

Am I right in thiinking that the Home Office refused the PJ access to the McCanns' bank statements over the last 6 months but suggested that the PJ apply for the statements covering a lesser period of time? The PJ's request for the card details and bank statements should never have been refused

Have never believed the wallet story and, as you point out Tony, this is the sort of issue that would be examined under a full public enquiry. If you haven't already done so, please sign the petition at the foot of Tony's post, asking for a full public enquiry - friends and family could add their names too - only takes a couple of minutes thumbsup
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

I Wanna Tell You A Story - Dr Roberts Empty Re: I Wanna Tell You A Story - Dr Roberts

Post by listener 17.03.11 23:14

Signed, as I have on other petitions previously.
Nobody (with power) appears to be interested - WHY? I Wanna Tell You A Story - Dr Roberts 173510
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.03.11 8:14

Not only have I never believed the wallet story (contained valuable photos of Madeleine, but they had only been able to produce one in PdL, until GM had gone home ...)( caring and kind pickpocket sends wallet back to GM, who never has the envelope or the wallet fingerprinted,) (was it ever reported to Police) (Credit cards stolen, but Mitchell had already denied that they had credit cards ) and so on,
I never believed the story about the emergency treatment in the plane either. That sort of thing gets headline coverage, as we remember. The entire crew and all the passengers would be aware of what had happened, the ambulance attending to take the unfortunate man away before the rest are allowed to disembark. The captain's log and the air traffic records would contain full details of everything, and so on.
It is INCONCEIVABLE that it would not have been reported - Hero in Air drama, Tragic Father Saves Life, you can write your own red top headline.
But nobody did.
Hence, imo, it was a LIE.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 18.03.11 13:03

PeterMac wrote:Not only have I never believed the wallet story (contained valuable photos of Madeleine, but they had only been able to produce one in PdL, until GM had gone home ...)

You're right! that never clicked with me before! I Wanna Tell You A Story - Dr Roberts 968430

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 18.03.11 13:08

Just to add PeterMac that I really like reading your posts. I think it's brill that a former copper is part of this forum and can see right through the McCanns fairystory. it gives me hope that the UK police also know something isn't right about this case even if they're doing naff all about it.
Oh! apart from Leicester Police linking to the McCanns website of course where people can donate. affraid

Why on earth is that allowed? That link was there even when they were arguidos FFS.

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.03.11 14:15

Excellent writing as always clapping

[quote snipped]
'Madeleine was asleep while we were out drinking and when I looked she'd gone. I didn't look after that.' THE END.

big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 20.03.11 0:14

Yes - another good article from Dr. Roberts.

I too liked his version of the up-coming Book:'

"Madeleine was asleep while we were out drinking and when I looked she'd gone. I didn't look after that.' THE END."

I doubt very much if there will be much more except how much "they" have suffered. I don't think they have suffered nearly enough.

When you consider how they have orchestrated from Day 1 how this 'supposed abduction' was to be investigated and have and still are doing everything humanly possible to make sure the truth shall not be exposed - certainly not in Book form or any other way.

I find it strange that the McCanns seem to be able to "fabricate" little scenario's all of their own which further endears them to the public - swallowed whole by the masses and loved by the media. The saving of life on the plane, the loss of the wallet, but returned by a caring pick-pocket!

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top