The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Mary was not 14 years old when Jesus Christ was born (Right to Reply) Mm11

Mary was not 14 years old when Jesus Christ was born (Right to Reply) Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Mary was not 14 years old when Jesus Christ was born (Right to Reply) Mm11

Mary was not 14 years old when Jesus Christ was born (Right to Reply) Regist10

Mary was not 14 years old when Jesus Christ was born (Right to Reply)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mary was not 14 years old when Jesus Christ was born (Right to Reply) Empty Mary was not 14 years old when Jesus Christ was born (Right to Reply)

Post by Tony Bennett 21.12.09 17:06

Some sport is being made on another forum based on what is supposed to be a humorous article which begins:

"Authorities were today alerted by a concerned citizen who noticed a family living in a barn. Upon arrival, Family Protective Service personnel, accompanied by police, took into protective care an infant child named Jesus, who had been wrapped in strips of cloth and placed in a feeding trough by his 14-year old mother, Mary of Nazareth..."

It's been asked, in jest, why I don't make an issue of this when in the past I have made an issue of the 'Prophet' Mohammed consummating his 'marriage' to his betrothed, Aisha, when he was 54 and she was only 9. That would rightly be dealt with today as child sexual abuse and Mohammed put on the Sex Offenders Register. BUt Mohammed made the rules in those days.

Well, just for the record, there's absolutely no evidence in the Bible or from secular sources about Mary's age when Jesus was born. We know her father was Jacob and her mother Heli. There's absolutely nothing that tells us of her age when she and Joseph found that cattle shed for the birth of their firstborn.

We also know that after bearing Christ, probably in late September 2 B.C. or 1 B.C, she had other sons.

The ossuary [casket containing bones] of one of them, James, was found in Israel a few years ago. After the Israeli Antiquities Authority origianlly declared it a forgery, a log court case against its finder is about to collapse as the overwhelming balance of opinion is that it was genuine.

The other brothers of Christ were Joses, Simeon and Judas:

http://creation.com/the-james-claims
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Mary was not 14 years old when Jesus Christ was born (Right to Reply) Empty Re: Mary was not 14 years old when Jesus Christ was born (Right to Reply)

Post by Avery 21.12.09 17:15

Yes but there is nothing to suggest she was not fourteen. The age when people were considered adults was much lower back in those days as well as shorter life spans. Puberty being around the age of fourteen it is quite possible she was fourteen. It is also quite possible that this was the average age for a first child back in those days.
Avery
Avery

Activity : 100

Back to top Go down

Mary was not 14 years old when Jesus Christ was born (Right to Reply) Empty Re: Mary was not 14 years old when Jesus Christ was born (Right to Reply)

Post by vaguely 21.12.09 17:21

Yes, never given it much thought but I think when you're speaking about that far back in history age is completely irrelevant in comparison with today's society - in the same as as it was irrelevant for Mohammed's bride.

She could have been 14, 34, or 104.
vaguely

Activity : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 21.12.09 17:28

vaguely wrote:Yes, never given it much thought but I think when you're speaking about that far back in history age is completely irrelevant in comparison with today's society - in the same as as it was irrelevant for Mohammed's bride.

We do however have some information from the written record of John the Baptist's parents, John being born some six months earlier i.e. probably in March/April of the same year.

Luke 1 v 7 tells us that Elisabeth, John's mother, was 'barren' and that they were 'both well stricken in years' while in Luke 1 v 18 John's father Zacharias says: "Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years".
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 21.12.09 17:38

Tony Bennett wrote:
vaguely wrote:Yes, never given it much thought but I think when you're speaking about that far back in history age is completely irrelevant in comparison with today's society - in the same as as it was irrelevant for Mohammed's bride.

We do however have some information from the written record of John the Baptist's parents, John being born some six months earlier i.e. probably in March/April of the same year.

Luke 1 v 7 tells us that Elisabeth, John's mother, was 'barren' and that they were 'both well stricken in years' while in Luke 1 v 18 John's father Zacharias says: "Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years".

I have no idea what 'well stricken in years' would mean in that part of the world 2000 years ago. I would imagine the life expectancy was low.
vaguely

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Nick 21.12.09 17:53

If she'd been 104 when she gave birth that really would have been a miracle.
Old Nick

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.12.09 18:24

Is there evidence that any of these folks actually existed or is this just a defence based on assumption regarding someone who may not have even lived?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Nick 21.12.09 18:26

Of course they existed! Mary was actually 15 and Joseph 43 when they shacked up together. I have this on the highest authority.
Old Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Majic 21.12.09 18:30

Old Nick wrote:Of course they existed! Mary was actually 15 and Joseph 43 when they shacked up together. I have this on the highest authority.

The high authority being the Daily Mirror book of facts would it ?

Activity : 235

http://www.chaosraptors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DCB1 21.12.09 18:30

Ah religion - always a safe subject !
DCB1

Activity : 365

Back to top Go down

Post by Majic 21.12.09 18:34

DCB1 wrote:Ah religion - always a safe subject !

It's not like it creates divisions in people or been responsible for the odd war ot two

Activity : 235

http://www.chaosraptors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 21.12.09 18:42

Old Nick wrote:

People lived for well over a hundred years in bible times and were designed to live forever (until the adam thing)
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 21.12.09 18:44

littlepixie wrote:
Old Nick wrote:

People lived for well over a hundred years in bible times and were designed to live forever (until the adam thing)

Until the Adam thing? I know very little about the bible, but did people exist before the Adam thing?
vaguely

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 21.12.09 18:54

Adam and Eve were made perfect and they and all their offspring (us) were designed to live forever but then Old Nick poked his nose in and we were all born imperfect hence the reason why we die. Jesus was born and died as the ransom sacrifice to re-weigh the balance.
Old Nick is supposed to be on his way out soon.

My mum (a devout Catholic) called me a liar when I said that Jesus had 3 half brothers. She had never read the Bible.

I only started studying the Bible a couple of years ago and find it absolutely fascinating.

edit for typo
littlepixie
littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.12.09 19:09

tyra wrote:Is there evidence that any of these folks actually existed or is this just a defence based on assumption regarding someone who may not have even lived?

laugh
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Finally 21.12.09 19:11

Hi Littlepixie
So if Adam had not of been weak and eaten the apple we could have lived forever?

Take care
Finally

Activity : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 21.12.09 19:12

littlepixie wrote:Adam and Eve were made perfect and they and all their offspring (us) were designed to live forever but then Old Nick poked his nose in and we were all born imperfect hence the reason why we die. Jesus was born and died as the ransom sacrifice to re-weigh the balance.

My mum (a devout Catholic) called me a liar when I said that Jesus had 3 half brothers. She had never read the Bible.

I only started studying the Bible a couple of years ago and find it absolutely fascinating.

edit for typo

We'd all be even crapper at life than we already are if we lived for ever. It was probably a good job he stepped in.
vaguely

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 21.12.09 19:16

According to the JW we WILL all live forever (after armageddon and if we are good)
littlepixie
littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Nick 21.12.09 19:20

Majic wrote:
Old Nick wrote:Of course they existed! Mary was actually 15 and Joseph 43 when they shacked up together. I have this on the highest authority.

The high authority being the Daily Mirror book of facts would it ?

Oh no, much higher than that.
Old Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Nick 21.12.09 19:21

littlepixie wrote:
Old Nick wrote:

They also had dinosaurs as pets.
Old Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 21.12.09 19:21

Finally wrote:Hi Littlepixie
So if Adam had not of been weak and eaten the apple we could have lived forever?

Take care

Yes so I have been told. The apple was the knowledge of good AND bad. Adam became imperfect so a perfect life was needed (Jesus) to make up for our sins.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Nick 21.12.09 19:23

Finally wrote:Hi Littlepixie

Take care

It was Eve who gave in to temptation first. She was a pushover for a silver-tongued serpent.
Old Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Finally 21.12.09 19:26

Not sure I fancy this living forever lark tbh. There would probably be no choice about having to learn metric if we are here forever.

Take care
Finally

Activity : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.12.09 19:26

littlepixie wrote:Adam and Eve were made perfect and they and all their offspring (us) were designed to live forever but then Old Nick poked his nose in and we were all born imperfect hence the reason why we die. Jesus was born and died as the ransom sacrifice to re-weigh the balance.

edit for typo

You couldn't make this stuff up could you!

oh Wink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 21.12.09 19:27

Finally wrote:Not sure I fancy this living forever lark tbh. There would probably be no choice about having to learn metric if we are here forever.

Take care

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
littlepixie
littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top