The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

'The Last Photo': The key questions

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by Khalgregar on 23.05.13 16:18

@aquila wrote:I don't usually comment on the photograph threads. I've just noticed the play house with the ladders. On the left hand door is something orange and just to the right of it is the image of what appears to me as a woman with dark hair wearing sunglasses and a lilac blouse. The ladders don't seem to go anywhere so it's not clear if at the top of the ladders is a door for kids to open and clamber in. Perhaps what appears as a woman to me is a reflection in a mirror on that 'door'.

I'm not good at spatial awareness which is why I leave it to people who are good at it.

Just to add, iirc KM wished she'd brought a cardigan for Madeleine. Madeleine is wearing a cardigan in this photograph.

The ladder at the front goes up to an entry hole. The orange thing is inside the structure. To the right of it is another entry hole, leading down a ladder on the back. The person in the lilac blouse is behind that hole, it is not a reflection, there is no mirror.

Khalgregar

Posts : 129
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-26
Location : Cambridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by aquila on 23.05.13 16:22

Thank you DI Barlow and Khalgregar - now you know why I don't post on the photograph topics - no spatial awareness whatsoever.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8702
Reputation : 1687
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by DIBarlow on 23.05.13 16:49

@tigger wrote:copied from 'the lady by the pool' topic

Nina wrote:
tigger wrote:
The link above one doesn't work. This one does. http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/WITNESS.htm

Then the interview with Neil Berry at 01.45, Pool view, no flowers. The plants are in developing leaf, with triangular-shaped pruning for the bushes of bougainvillea, but NO FLOWERS YET. And this is 4th May 2007. Well visible at 01.47.
To be totally accurate here, it seems that Neil Berry was interviewed in the Rua Dr. Agostinho da Silva, the backdrop being the wall at the back of the footpath and another (i.e. not the OC Tapas) pool enclosure between that wall and the buildings to the north of 5A.

Therefore, not conclusive proof, but nevertheless the apparent absence of any flowering bougainvillea is at odds with those enjoying the sunshine in the 'last photo'.

It's a shame that there aren't any snaps, either before or after the shot of GM with the 3 children in front of the play house, that took in the area to the left, which is where the 'last photo' was taken and where we could compare the amount of bloom.....

DIBarlow

Posts : 95
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by roy rovers on 23.05.13 17:06

Could Peter Mac identify the pool wall and the brown wall then nip over with a camera and a pair of secateurs and photograph and sample both bougainvillea plants to establish that they are both the same red later flowering variety? Must be just about the right time to get the flowers in bloom.
avatar
roy rovers

Posts : 472
Reputation : 50
Join date : 2012-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by Guest on 23.05.13 17:06

@DIBarlow wrote:
@aquila wrote:I don't usually comment on the photograph threads. I've just noticed the play house with the ladders. On the left hand door is something orange and just to the right of it is the image of what appears to me as a woman with dark hair wearing sunglasses and a lilac blouse. The ladders don't seem to go anywhere so it's not clear if at the top of the ladders is a door for kids to open and clamber in. Perhaps what appears as a woman to me is a reflection in a mirror on that 'door'.

I'm not good at spatial awareness which is why I leave it to people who are good at it.

Just to add, iirc KM wished she'd brought a cardigan for Madeleine. Madeleine is wearing a cardigan in this photograph.
Hi aquila, the ladder leads to a platform where a slide can be accessed on the other side. The woman you see is sitting under the canopy beyond the play house.

Just noticed:

Upper right hand corner, tree. Shadow at 10 o' clock

Lower right corner: person standing nex to photgrapher: shadow at 10 o'clock

Child seen from behind: no shadow. Sean: no shadow;

Photographer: no shadow:

Gerry and 'Maddy' (?): shadow at 14.00 o'clock
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by aquila on 23.05.13 17:23

@DIBarlow wrote:
@tigger wrote:copied from 'the lady by the pool' topic

Nina wrote:
tigger wrote:
The link above one doesn't work. This one does. http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/WITNESS.htm

Then the interview with Neil Berry at 01.45, Pool view, no flowers. The plants are in developing leaf, with triangular-shaped pruning for the bushes of bougainvillea, but NO FLOWERS YET. And this is 4th May 2007. Well visible at 01.47.
To be totally accurate here, it seems that Neil Berry was interviewed in the Rua Dr. Agostinho da Silva, the backdrop being the wall at the back of the footpath and another (i.e. not the OC Tapas) pool enclosure between that wall and the buildings to the north of 5A.

Therefore, not conclusive proof, but nevertheless the apparent absence of any flowering bougainvillea is at odds with those enjoying the sunshine in the 'last photo'.

It's a shame that there aren't any snaps, either before or after the shot of GM with the 3 children in front of the play house, that took in the area to the left, which is where the 'last photo' was taken and where we could compare the amount of bloom.....

Didn't Leicester Police have a facility to upload holiday snaps? I think those without digital cameras could go into Jessops and get them digitalised for uploading. I should imagine there are quite a few 'snaps'. I'm trying to find the link for this.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8702
Reputation : 1687
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by aquila on 23.05.13 17:45

Snipped

Madeleine police appeal for holiday pictures
Timesonline

[size=18]British
holiday makers who were in Portugal at the time Madeleine McCann was
snatched from her apartment are
being asked to send
their pictures to police in case they have caught the abductor on
camera.

The authorities are
hoping that facial
recognition software they use to find people on websites will be able to
spot Madeleine and give them valauble
information about her
movements in the hours after she was taken.

They hope that out of all the pictures taken
by families abroad just one will be the "missing part of the jigsaw".

Jim
Gamble, Chief Executive of
the Child Exploitation
and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre, said that the latest technology
will allow them to "build
a larger intelligence
picture".

"The CEOP Centre has already applied facial recognition
software in our
wider work and now by
taking in pictures from the public we can move the investigation forward
– looking for people
who might seem out of
place or behaving strangely.

"No matter how small or
insignificant the information may
seem to you, it could be
the missing part of the jigsaw so let us decide if it is important.

"We
are looking
for anyone who was at
the Ocean Club Resort or surrounding area in the two weeks leading up to
Madeleine disappearance on
Thursday 3 May who have
photographs that might help our work."

He said that he did not
want scenery shots
or family shots "but
look at your prints and see if there are, for instance, people in the
background of the picture
that at first you may
not have noticed.

"These are the pictures we want and we want you to upload them onto
a new website.

"Alternatively
if you are not sure then go into any photographic shop and ask them to
help you upload them
onto the site. You will
also find a basic 'how to' guide on the site to help you.

"We
will then assess
those pictures – at a
rate of 1,000 pictures per hour – so that over a quick period of time we
will pass meaningful
information to the
Portuguese authorities."

The appeal was launched today by the UK
law enforcement agencies
assisting the Portuguese
authorities – Leicestershire Constabulary, Association of Chief Police
Officers (ACPO), CEOP
and the National
Policing Improvement Agency (NPIA).


http://www.mccannfiles.com/id280.html
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8702
Reputation : 1687
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by Nina on 23.05.13 17:47

@roy rovers wrote:Could Peter Mac identify the pool wall and the brown wall then nip over with a camera and a pair of secateurs and photograph and sample both bougainvillea plants to establish that they are both the same red later flowering variety? Must be just about the right time to get the flowers in bloom.

We have three lots of bougainvillea. The natural purple type that flowers earlier than our others. This is growing in the ground and is only watered by rain water. The next type is cultivated and we have some in the ground and some in pots. The ones in pots have now got flowers, the same plants but in the ground are just breaking at the very tips.
The ones in pots are watered by hand and to get them to flower I stop watering them as drought is what triggers the flush of flowers. The ones in the ground are only watered by the rain and have to have a natural drought, hence they are later as the rains haven't been ended for very long.
The temperature and daylight hours also have a bearing on the flower production, but the main trigger is drought.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2861
Reputation : 334
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 74

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by russiandoll on 23.05.13 17:53

what is flowering in the photograph outside 5a on the last screenshot of Tigger's, scene taped off by the gate and steps, dated May 4th?

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

avatar
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by Nina on 23.05.13 18:06

@russiandoll wrote:what is flowering in the photograph outside 5a on the last screenshot of Tigger's, scene taped off by the gate and steps, dated May 4th?

That is the purple/mauve bougainvillea that I mentioned. Very hardy and not a propogated one. This type can flower long before the cultivated multi coloured ones.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2861
Reputation : 334
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 74

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by Guest on 23.05.13 18:08

@Portia wrote:
@DIBarlow wrote:
@aquila wrote:Just to add, iirc KM wished she'd brought a cardigan for Madeleine. Madeleine is wearing a cardigan in this photograph.
Hi aquila, the ladder leads to a platform where a slide can be accessed on the other side. The woman you see is sitting under the canopy beyond the play house.

Just noticed:

Upper right hand corner, tree. Shadow at 10 o' clock

Lower right corner: person standing nex to photgrapher: shadow at 10 o'clock

Child seen from behind: no shadow. Sean: no shadow;

Photographer: no shadow:

Gerry and 'Maddy' (?): shadow at 14.00 o'clock
This is a very important observation and I think all members here could usefully pay close attention to it.

The shadows in fact fall into two very distinct catogories.

Imagine for a moment that you are looking due north (and you probably are in fact, approximately).

The following parts of the photo have been taken from the SOUTH-EAST - and therefore IN THE MORNING:

Right-hand side of picture, shadow bottom right, tree shadow top right, shadows on the white buildings at the TOP LEFT.

The following parts of the photo have been taken from the SOUTH-WEST - and therefore IN THE AFTERNOON (or probably, looking at the length of the shadows, in the early evening):

All the people in the foreground, and the objects around them.

Provisional interpretation: the earlier, foreground part has been carefully photoshopped onto the later, background part.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by Khalgregar on 23.05.13 18:12

MJC wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@DIBarlow wrote:
@aquila wrote:Just to add, iirc KM wished she'd brought a cardigan for Madeleine. Madeleine is wearing a cardigan in this photograph.
Hi aquila, the ladder leads to a platform where a slide can be accessed on the other side. The woman you see is sitting under the canopy beyond the play house.

Just noticed:

Upper right hand corner, tree. Shadow at 10 o' clock

Lower right corner: person standing nex to photgrapher: shadow at 10 o'clock

Child seen from behind: no shadow. Sean: no shadow;

Photographer: no shadow:

Gerry and 'Maddy' (?): shadow at 14.00 o'clock
This is a very important observation and I think all members here could usefully pay close attention to it.

The shadows in fact fall into two very distinct catogories.

Imagine for a moment that you are looking due north (and you probably are in fact, approximately).

The following parts of the photo have been taken from the SOUTH-EAST - and therefore IN THE MORNING:

Right-hand side of picture, shadow bottom right, tree shadow top right, shadows on the white buildings at the TOP LEFT.

The following parts of the photo have been taken from the SOUTH-WEST - and therefore IN THE AFTERNOON (or probably, looking at the length of the shadows, in the early evening):

All the people in the foreground, and the objects around them.

Provisional interpretation: the earlier, foreground part has been carefully photoshopped onto the later, background part.

Assuming all of that is true, what on earth would be the purpose of it?

Khalgregar

Posts : 129
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-26
Location : Cambridge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by Guest on 23.05.13 20:36

@roy rovers wrote:Could Peter Mac identify the pool wall and the brown wall then nip over with a camera and a pair of secateurs and photograph and sample both bougainvillea plants to establish that they are both the same red later flowering variety? Must be just about the right time to get the flowers in bloom.
***
If I'm not mistaken, PeterMac has a good 8-hour drive to get there. Perhaps you could go there yourself and take some pictures?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by DIBarlow on 23.05.13 20:53

MJC wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@DIBarlow wrote:
@aquila wrote:Just to add, iirc KM wished she'd brought a cardigan for Madeleine. Madeleine is wearing a cardigan in this photograph.
Hi aquila, the ladder leads to a platform where a slide can be accessed on the other side. The woman you see is sitting under the canopy beyond the play house.

Just noticed:

Upper right hand corner, tree. Shadow at 10 o' clock

Lower right corner: person standing nex to photgrapher: shadow at 10 o'clock

Child seen from behind: no shadow. Sean: no shadow;

Photographer: no shadow:

Gerry and 'Maddy' (?): shadow at 14.00 o'clock
This is a very important observation and I think all members here could usefully pay close attention to it.

The shadows in fact fall into two very distinct catogories.

Imagine for a moment that you are looking due north (and you probably are in fact, approximately).

The following parts of the photo have been taken from the SOUTH-EAST - and therefore IN THE MORNING:

Right-hand side of picture, shadow bottom right, tree shadow top right, shadows on the white buildings at the TOP LEFT.

The following parts of the photo have been taken from the SOUTH-WEST - and therefore IN THE AFTERNOON (or probably, looking at the length of the shadows, in the early evening):

All the people in the foreground, and the objects around them.

Provisional interpretation: the earlier, foreground part has been carefully photoshopped onto the later, background part.

I can't see any particular discrepancy in the shadows? The tree back right has two main limbs, the left of which has shadow consistent with rest in shot.

The camera is pointing almost due East, this photo was likely taken in the latter part of the afternoon.

If there are any taken from this position with camera pointing North then they would show the background to the infamous 'last photo' and establish if those flowers were in bloom before 3rd May 2007.

It was most definitely unseasonally cold during May 2007, only warming up to the norm in the last week of May.

DIBarlow

Posts : 95
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by bobbin on 23.05.13 21:27

@DIBarlow wrote:
MJC wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@DIBarlow wrote:
@aquila wrote:Just to add, iirc KM wished she'd brought a cardigan for Madeleine. Madeleine is wearing a cardigan in this photograph.
Hi aquila, the ladder leads to a platform where a slide can be accessed on the other side. The woman you see is sitting under the canopy beyond the play house.

Just noticed:

Upper right hand corner, tree. Shadow at 10 o' clock

Lower right corner: person standing nex to photgrapher: shadow at 10 o'clock

Child seen from behind: no shadow. Sean: no shadow;

Photographer: no shadow:

Gerry and 'Maddy' (?): shadow at 14.00 o'clock
This is a very important observation and I think all members here could usefully pay close attention to it.

The shadows in fact fall into two very distinct catogories.

Imagine for a moment that you are looking due north (and you probably are in fact, approximately).

The following parts of the photo have been taken from the SOUTH-EAST - and therefore IN THE MORNING:

Right-hand side of picture, shadow bottom right, tree shadow top right, shadows on the white buildings at the TOP LEFT.

The following parts of the photo have been taken from the SOUTH-WEST - and therefore IN THE AFTERNOON (or probably, looking at the length of the shadows, in the early evening):

All the people in the foreground, and the objects around them.

Provisional interpretation: the earlier, foreground part has been carefully photoshopped onto the later, background part.

I can't see any particular discrepancy in the shadows? The tree back right has two main limbs, the left of which has shadow consistent with rest in shot.

The camera is pointing almost due East, this photo was likely taken in the latter part of the afternoon.

If there are any taken from this position with camera pointing North then they would show the background to the infamous 'last photo' and establish if those flowers were in bloom before 3rd May 2007.

It was most definitely unseasonally cold during May 2007, only warming up to the norm in the last week of May.
DIBarlow, you really surprise me. Relative to the strong shadow, leading off from Gerry at the angle as seen, where is the strong shadow of the main trunk of the tree on the right where you would expect to see a shadow cast against the wall to the right of the tree.

bobbin

Posts : 2052
Reputation : 142
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'The Last Photo': The key questions

Post by Nina on 23.05.13 22:41

I have spent an age going through all the greyscale photographs and there are some cracking ones of the pool area. Unfortunately they are all black and white. The nearest is a coloured one of Madeleine in her pink baggy trousers with flowers on and a pink fleece top and you can just see the single trunk of the wall plants but unfortunately it is cropped short at the top. So cannot find another coloured photo that shows that area and the bougainvillea.

-------

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/viewtopic.forum?t=8451

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2861
Reputation : 334
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 74

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum