The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Statement from Tony Bennett: Madeleine McCann - Murder or Accident Mm11

Statement from Tony Bennett: Madeleine McCann - Murder or Accident Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Statement from Tony Bennett: Madeleine McCann - Murder or Accident Mm11

Statement from Tony Bennett: Madeleine McCann - Murder or Accident Regist10

Statement from Tony Bennett: Madeleine McCann - Murder or Accident

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Statement from Tony Bennett: Madeleine McCann - Murder or Accident Empty Statement from Tony Bennett: Madeleine McCann - Murder or Accident

Post by Tony Bennett 20.12.09 17:05

Statement re:

Madeleine McCann – Murder or Accident – Definitely NOT Abduction (Written by Tony Bennett).pdf (in English)

Today I've been made aware that the above appears on a so-called 'torrent site'.

I should like to make it clear to everyone (and Carter-Ruck and Clarence Mitchell if your're dropping by to have a look-in) that I know nothing about this, I don't even know where the link is, and by the way it's also a breach of my copyright.

I should also like to make it absolutely plain that the publication of my '60 Reasons' book on Wikileaks is also without my consent, and without the consent of The Madeleine Foundation; exactly the same applies to the '10 Reasons' leaflet which can also be viewed at Wikileaks.

I first became aware of what 'torrent sites' are around 3-4 weeks ago when a 'Google Alert' I have for the words 'Madeleine Foundation' came up with just such a torrent site. I think, though I am not sure, that there may have been a fee payable to view it. If so, I know nothing about it, I haven't consented either to them charging a fee nor indeed to whoever it is publishing it.

None of these publications on Wikileaks or 'torrent sites' or anywhere else has my consent nor the consent of The Madeleine Foundation.

I wish to state once again that I have in no way shape or form made one penny either from the sale of '60 Reasons' nor in any way from the activities of The Madeleine Foundation, despite frequent attacks on me claiming I have done so.

The '60 Reasons' book had a message. The purpose in writing that booklet was to bring that message away from closed groups on internet forums and out into the open for the public to read. Two months prior to the publication of '60 Reasons', an abridged version of it was published prominently on our former website, under the title '30 Key Reasons'.

Thousands bought '60 Reasons'. Many more read it as people passed it to relatives, friends and neighbours. Tens of thousands read the '10 Reasons' leaflet. Hundreds of thousands read the '30 Key Reasons' article.

As a result of High Court undertakings, however, '60 Reasons' and '10 Reasons' can no longer be distributed by us. Those same High Court undertakings meant that we had to take down our '30 Key Reasons' article and we are not allowed to re-instate it on our new website: www.madeleinefoundation.org.uk

The intention of writing '60 Reasons' was to spread what I believed when I wrote it was an important message. At the same time I made it clear to my colleagues in The Madeleine Foundation that I would not take one penny from its sale. The issues were far too grave for me to even think about making money from the sale, and besides that, as I've always been happy to acknowledge, I borrowed substantially from the research and thoughts of others in putting the booklet together.

Now it seems that, whether I like it or not, as a result of the undertakings I was required to give to the McCanns, Carter-Ruck and the High Court, the message within '60 Reasons' is reaching a much wider audience than I ever considered possible.

20 December 2009
Tony Bennett

ENDS
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Statement from Tony Bennett: Madeleine McCann - Murder or Accident Empty Re: Statement from Tony Bennett: Madeleine McCann - Murder or Accident

Post by vaguely 20.12.09 17:12

Should you really leave that title in your post Tony - it appears to be making a statement that goes against your agreement.
vaguely

Activity : 428

Back to top Go down

Statement from Tony Bennett: Madeleine McCann - Murder or Accident Empty Re: Statement from Tony Bennett: Madeleine McCann - Murder or Accident

Post by Slartibartfast 20.12.09 17:19

It's not just the article in the OP.

It's all of the following.

"MADDIE – WHY THEY DON’T LET US KNOW THE TRUTH.zip”

This archive contains:

1) Maddie – A Verdade da Mentira (Written by Gonçalo Amaral).pdf (in Portuguese)

2) Maddie – A Verdade da Mentira (Gonçalo Amaral book Extras).pdf (photos)

3) MaddieMcCann_PJ.pdf (report from Portuguese Police – PJ – Polí­cia Judiciária)

4) TV documentary based on the book by Gonçalo Amaral.avi (AVI movie in Portuguese with subtitles in English)

5) Madeleine Foundation Book (Written by Tony Bennett).pdf (in English)

6) Madeleine McCann – Murder or Accident – Definitely NOT Abduction (Written by Tony Bennett).pdf (in English)

7) Translation to english NEEDED.txt (in English)

Size of the ZIP: 160,503,629 bytes

I would not touch this with a bargepole. It's probably crawling with Trojans and worms.
Slartibartfast

Activity : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.12.09 18:11

Tony Bennett wrote:I should also like to make it absolutely plain that the publication of my '60 Reasons' book on Wikileaks is also without my consent, and without the consent of The Madeleine Foundation; exactly the same applies to the '10 Reasons' leaflet which can also be viewed at Wikileaks.

None of these publications on Wikileaks or 'torrent sites' or anywhere else has my consent nor the consent of The Madeleine Foundation.

Now it seems that, whether I like it or not, as a result of the undertakings I was required to give to the McCanns, Carter-Ruck and the High Court, the message within '60 Reasons' is reaching a much wider audience than I ever considered possible.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

Statement from Tony Bennett: Madeleine McCann - Murder or Accident 94818610

If you didn't like it, why did you post these links?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.12.09 18:30

Oh, I'm sure Mr. Bennett has nothing to worry about as long as he has complied with item number 5 in his agreement with Carter Ruck, namely:

5) To use our best endeavours to remove all allegedly defamatory postings by either of us on any website, forum or blog,

As long as he can prove that he has done exactly the above, i.e. taken legal action against all those sites and individuals that publish the offending material, Carter Ruck shouldn't really have anything to complain about, should they?

Sadly, I doubt that excuses like "it's not my fault, I didn't give my consent" will be viewed as consistent with someone who has been using their best endeavours.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Nick 20.12.09 18:32

Molly, Tony DOES like it, silly.
Old Nick

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 20.12.09 18:39

JessicaPer wrote:Oh, I'm sure Mr. Bennett has nothing to worry about as long as he has complied with item number 5 in his agreement with Carter Ruck, namely:

5) To use our best endeavours to remove all allegedly defamatory postings by either of us on any website, forum or blog,

As long as he can prove that he has done exactly the above, i.e. taken legal action against all those sites and individuals that publish the offending material, Carter Ruck shouldn't really have anything to complain about, should they?

Sadly, I doubt that excuses like "it's not my fault, I didn't give my consent" will be viewed as consistent with someone who has been using their best endeavours.

I'm sure that's the case, although posting the words Madeleine McCann – Murder or Accident – Definitely NOT Abduction (Written by Tony Bennett).pdf (in English) on a forum probably goes against the agreement. I would have thought that it would be unwise to open a thread doing this.

It may look like advertising. Which of course (cough) it isn't.
vaguely

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie 20.12.09 18:44

Tony Bennett wrote:Statement re:

Madeleine McCann – Murder or Accident – Definitely NOT Abduction (Written by Tony Bennett).pdf (in English)

Well then I hope you have informed CR who exactly is offering this now,and have emailed the gentleman in question as to why he is offering your "booklet" for download ! Maybe you could C&P that Email on here also

Thousands bought '60 Reasons'. Many more read it as people passed it to relatives, friends and neighbours. Tens of thousands read the '10 Reasons' leaflet. Hundreds of thousands read the '30 Key Reasons' article.

Gosh Agatha Christie has nothing on you Mr.Bennet

"As a result of High Court undertakings, however, '60 Reasons' and '10 Reasons' can no longer be distributed by us."

Could you categorically state Mr.Bennett here on this forum that you have not allowed anyone else permission to forward or pass this on to others?

At the same time I made it clear to my colleagues in The Madeleine Foundation that I would not take one penny from its sale.

Then may I ask why is it was not available in a download format ? that would have had no postage or printing costs attatched or delay in getting to your interested audience ?

This statement has absolutely flabbergasted me,after all the stress, both you and DB suffered as a result of CR you have the audacity to put that statement into print.
Stephanie
Stephanie

Activity : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.12.09 18:49

@ Old Nick big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.12.09 18:57

vaguely wrote:
JessicaPer wrote:Oh, I'm sure Mr. Bennett has nothing to worry about as long as he has complied with item number 5 in his agreement with Carter Ruck, namely:

I'm sure that's the case, although posting the words Madeleine McCann – Murder or Accident – Definitely NOT Abduction (Written by Tony Bennett).pdf (in English) on a forum probably goes against the agreement. I would have thought that it would be unwise to open a thread doing this.

It may look like advertising. Which of course (cough) it isn't.

Yes, anyone could get confused (wonder if Carter Ruck will too?)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bea_Reasonable 20.12.09 19:35

Old Nick wrote:Molly, Tony DOES like it, silly.

big grin
Bea_Reasonable

Activity : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.12.09 19:47

Now please DO NOT send the man anymore money...he is lying to you all to extract funds that he does not need!

Fighting fund indeed...is this clear enough for you Bennett and your supporters?! This is to be passed to TB from Kirwans ----

Thank you for that. I can tell you that yours is the third request that my Firm has had on this subject and I am quite irritated at having to reply each time. I can, therefore, tell you unequivocally that we have NOT rendered any further invoices to Mr Bennett and have no intention of so doing. If Mr B is still asserting otherwise after all this time I would be obliged if you would pass a copy of this message on to him. I want to bring all correspondence on this issue to an end. I have a great deal of sympathy for the objectives of the MF but none for its organisers when my Firm after providing some thousands of pounds of unpaid advice is misquoted like this.

DSKirwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.12.09 19:48

As for TBs statement , well what a joke , he has consistently advertised the wikileaks
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bea_Reasonable 20.12.09 19:57

And now the other one is here. never mind

(please be a troll)
Bea_Reasonable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.12.09 20:11

Bea_Reasonable wrote:And now the other one is here. never mind

(please be a troll)
ok
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 20.12.09 20:13

Deborah, are you taking questions or is this just a flying visit?
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Post by Bea_Reasonable 20.12.09 20:14

deborah wrote:
Bea_Reasonable wrote:And now the other one is here. never mind

(please be a troll)
ok

Thank heavens for that!
Bea_Reasonable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.12.09 20:14

Tony Bennett wrote:

There may be some confusion here between the '60 Reasons' booklet, for which gives the link above, and the '10 Reasons' leaflet.

The '10 Reasons' leaflet is available to download still in a number of places, not least within this article dated 13 October 2009 on the 'Wikileaks.org' website:

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=madeleine+10+reasons&y=y&xargs=0&pstart=1&b=11

The Wikileaks article is titled: "Suppressed Madeleine Foundation leaflet, 2009".

Another article discusses and preserves the contents of the '60 Reasons' book:

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Suppressed_Madeleine_Foundation_book_by_Tony_Bennett%2C_2008

A discussion about the '10 Reasons' leaflet has been started here:

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Talk:Suppressed_Madeleine_Foundation_book_by_Tony_Bennett%2C_2008

On checking this morning I see that the site no longer carries a downloadable version of the '10 Reasons' leaflet. Whether '' has done this as a precautionary measure, or in response to yet another Carter-Ruck letter, I don't know at the moment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.12.09 20:17

Autumn wrote:Deborah, are you taking questions or is this just a flying visit?
I am not coming over here to argue so dont think questions would be a good idea especially as I have answered a multitude of them already
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 20.12.09 20:25

deborah wrote:
I am not coming over here to argue so dont think questions would be a good idea especially as I have answered a multitude of them already

Most of us here are banned from MM and dont get to read whats on the 'Tony' section.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely 20.12.09 20:26

Autumn wrote:
deborah wrote:

Most of us here are banned from MM and dont get to read whats on the 'Tony' section.

Hmm, I got banned from there for not liking Tony. how times change.
vaguely

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.12.09 20:27

Autumn wrote:
deborah wrote:

I think anyone can read it
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 20.12.09 20:29

I used to be able to but got a message today saying that I am banned from reading it.
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.12.09 20:36

Autumn wrote:I used to be able to but got a message today saying that I am banned from reading it.
oh , although not sure if many here would wish to read the Tony section - although anyone with access could always copy and paste
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn 20.12.09 20:47

deborah wrote:
Autumn wrote:I used to be able to but got a message today saying that I am banned from reading it.
oh , although not sure if many here would wish to read the Tony section - although anyone with access could always copy and paste

How can someone be banned from a public viewing forum?
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top