The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns  - Wikileaks - Page 4 Mm11

British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns  - Wikileaks - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns  - Wikileaks - Page 4 Mm11

British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns  - Wikileaks - Page 4 Regist10

British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns - Wikileaks

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns  - Wikileaks - Page 4 Empty Re: British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns - Wikileaks

Post by Guest 15.12.10 12:34

Autumn wrote:
What with the departure of Jim Gamble, the lifting of the ban on Amaral's book and now Wikileaks, the McCanns are starting to look very exposed - I think the media are starting to circle their prey.

I agree. Vanessa Allen must be reading this blog or have contact with someone who does, to bring up Lee Rainbow today. British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns  - Wikileaks - Page 4 302873

Well done Vanessa British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns  - Wikileaks - Page 4 759815
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns  - Wikileaks - Page 4 Empty Re: British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns - Wikileaks

Post by Autumn 15.12.10 12:37

aiyoyo wrote:Is that only online version or was it in hard copy as well?

Hard copy impacts better.

Glad to say its in the hard copy as well as online Mrs
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.12.10 12:48

Autumn wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:Is that only online version or was it in hard copy as well?

Hard copy impacts better.

Glad to say its in the hard copy as well as online Mrs

exalt exalt exalt Mrs for the Daily Mail. Not a bad article imo. Things are now being printed which would never have been a few months ago. Suddenly Mr Amaral is no longer the bungling Portuguese detective and the public are being made aware that the British police were of the same opinion, which according to my logic there should now be no reason why his book can't be sold here. Mrs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 15.12.10 13:05

Autumn wrote:Thanks Candyfloss, very interesting that the article mentions Lee Rainbow's report British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns  - Wikileaks - Page 4 636506

Lawyers for Goncalo Amaral, the former head of the Portuguese investigation, revealed that a confidential report by a British expert had suggested Mr McCann should be investigated for ‘homicide’.
Criminal profiler Lee Rainbow, of the National Policing Improvement Agency, sent the report in June 2007, just a month after three-year-old Madeleine vanished from her family’s rented holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.
He wrote: ‘The family is a lead that should be followed.
‘The contradictions in Gerald McCann’s statement might lead us to suspect a homicide. This is a lead that should be investigated.’

What with the departure of Jim Gamble, the lifting of the ban on Amaral's book and now Wikileaks, the McCanns are starting to look very exposed - I think the media are starting to circle their prey.

I agree. Interesting that the libel payout was mentioned as well.....
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.12.10 14:27

From Martin Brunt

Portugal Refuses To Re-open Madeleine McCann Investigation

Martin Brunt
December 15, 2010 12:08 PM

Recommend post (2) I hear that ex-Madeleine cop Goncalo Amaral has tried to use the WikiLeaks revelation to get the Portuguese investigation re-opened, but he's been rebuffed.

He urged the Attorrney-General in Lisbon to find out exactly what evidence against her parents was "developed" by British police.

I imagine the top law officer Jose Pinto Monteiro, already knew what it was all about.

He said today that the Portuguese authorities would not respond to "opinions, digressions, political analyses, abstract theories and journalistic comment."

Only fresh evidence would prompt a re-investigation, he said.

The Wikileaks website released a diplomatic cable from 2007 which suggested that British police had played an active role in helping the Portuguese cops build a case against Kate and Gerry McCann over Madeleine's disappearance in May that year.

It was always a bit of a mystery at the time which British police were doing what, though they kept saying they were simply acting as "co-ordinators"

The McCanns' Portuguese lawyer Rogerio Alves said the cable was probably refering to the use of sniffer dogs, which were sent to examine the family's holiday apartment, hire car and other things weeks later and before the couple were made official suspects in September.

Mr. Alves said: "This information is totally useless. It makes one reference to evidence state prosecutors and the Judicial police considered useless.

"Nobody in a democratic state can be brought to trial on the basis of dogs barking."

The dogs were said to have found evidence of blood and a body, but the McCanns were eventually cleared of any involvement in their daughter's disappearance and insist the suspicion around them held up the search for Madeleine and dissuaded potential witness from speaking to police.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 15.12.10 15:32

martin brunt is well past his sell-by-date.the mccanns were NOT cleared and he should know that.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 15.12.10 16:56

tiny wrote:martin brunt is well past his sell-by-date.the mccanns were NOT cleared and he should know that.

He certainly knows alright.

There has always been something most disturbing regarding Brunt's investigations and reporting around this case, since mid 2007. One often ponders as to whether he is keeping his head down by playing the dutiful servant to his paymasters, so that one day he will be free to write a book with a publisher of his own choice; whether he is under direct threat to toe the line; or whether he has been shown the ruinous consequences of the sex and travel option, making him totally unemployable.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 15.12.10 17:33

Aren't we due a Christmas appeal very soon ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16569

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tosca 15.12.10 18:29

PeterMac wrote:Aren't we due a Christmas appeal very soon ?

This is of course just my opinion...I think the McCanns will adopt a very low profile due to the wikileaks revelations, they have to be feeling very vunerable and open to attack now, they know there is no stopping wikileaks and that the info revealed is worldwide through all the avenues of the media, they are probably fearing more than ever what else will leak out and could there be that knock on the door. I think we may get some kind of statement from them saying something like,

'We have decided that our best course of action is to keep the search for Madeleine going without any further media attention' and then try to disappear off the radar .
tosca

Activity : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by theolivebranch 15.12.10 19:02

The McCanns must have a serious bout of the squits. That isn't meant to be a joke British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns  - Wikileaks - Page 4 172348 it is a fact that serious stuff always goes to the bowels. There must be tension in that house that is very worrying for the best interests of the twins. I do hope that someone is looking after their best interests.
theolivebranch
theolivebranch

Activity : 565

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 15.12.10 20:04

candyfloss wrote:From Martin Brunt

Portugal Refuses To Re-open Madeleine McCann Investigation

Martin Brunt
December 15, 2010 12:08 PM

Recommend post (2) I hear that ex-Madeleine cop Goncalo Amaral has tried to use the WikiLeaks revelation to get the Portuguese investigation re-opened, but he's been rebuffed.

He urged the Attorrney-General in Lisbon to find out exactly what evidence against her parents was "developed" by British police.
I thought Amaral said that all the evidence developed by the Brit Police was in the process anyway.
He did not try to use the Wikileaks revelation to try and get the investigation reopened - that is sloppy reporting by Brunt.
Amaral did mention that the sateleite photographs could unlock the investigation.

I imagine the top law officer Jose Pinto Monteiro, already knew what it was all about.

He said today that the Portuguese authorities would not respond to "opinions, digressions, political analyses, abstract theories and journalistic comment."

Only fresh evidence would prompt a re-investigation, he said.

The Wikileaks website released a diplomatic cable from 2007 which suggested that British police had played an active role in helping the Portuguese cops build a case against Kate and Gerry McCann over Madeleine's disappearance in May that year.

It was always a bit of a mystery at the time which British police were doing what, though they kept saying they were simply acting as "co-ordinators"

The McCanns' Portuguese lawyer Rogerio Alves said the cable was probably refering to the use of sniffer dogs, which were sent to examine the family's holiday apartment, hire car and other things weeks later and before the couple were made official suspects in September.

Probably refering to the dogs, the contradictions, Lee Rainbow, Forensics, the behaviour etc

Mr. Alves said: "This information is totally useless. It makes one reference to evidence state prosecutors and the Judicial police considered useless.

"Nobody in a democratic state can be brought to trial on the basis of dogs barking."

The dogs were said to have found evidence of blood and a body, but the McCanns were eventually cleared of any involvement in their daughter's disappearance and insist the suspicion around them held up the search for Madeleine and dissuaded potential witness from speaking to police.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 15.12.10 20:32

''a British expert had suggested Mr McCann should be investigated for ‘homicide’.
Criminal profiler Lee Rainbow, of the National Policing Improvement Agency, sent the report in June 2007, just a month after three-year-old Madeleine vanished from her family’s rented holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.
He wrote: ‘'The family is a lead that should be followed.
‘The contradictions in Gerald McCann’s statement might lead us to suspect a homicide
. This is a lead that should be investigated.’'

Wikileaks has appeared to give some much needed backbone support to many journalists and editors already.

Although they are obviously hiding behind the power of the Wikileaks cable, one has to say, jolly well done to the Daily Mail clapping1

Encore!

Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 15.12.10 22:48

Judge Mental wrote:''a British expert had suggested Mr McCann should be investigated for ‘homicide’.
He wrote: ‘'The family is a lead that should be followed.
‘The contradictions in Gerald McCann’s statement might lead us to suspect a homicide
. This is a lead that should be investigated.’'

Wikileaks has appeared to give some much needed backbone support to many journalists and editors already.

Although they are obviously hiding behind the power of the Wikileaks cable, one has to say, jolly well done to the Daily Mail British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns  - Wikileaks - Page 4 351181

Encore!

I have to agree with you Judge in applauding the Daily Mail. Did we ever think we'd read about Lee Rainbow's conclusions, in a British newspaper? Re your quote ''a British expert had suggested Mr McCann should be investigated for ‘homicide’.

I think the "British expert" should also be in bold.

maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 15.12.10 22:52

I posted a comment on the Daily Mail this morning but it looks like they haven't posted any comments since this one (with 195 red stripes) at 3.21pm

Polly in London,

I support the McCanns and for your information I would never leave my child alone. So leave this "shame on you" comment to yourself please. It's insulting!!!
I hope Maddie will turn up safe one day. We have seen many similar stories. So I keep my fingers crossed.

- kombogi, Budapest, Hungary, 14/12/2010 15:21Click

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338421/WikiLeaks-British-police-developed-evidence-Kate-Gerry-McCann.html#ixzz18DvBvEgy
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang 15.12.10 23:10

Who is Martin Brunt??

tease

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.
kangdang
kangdang

Activity : 1845

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.12.10 10:05

Maddie case

"British may have other evidence"

Revelations of the English ambassador raise new suspicions. Gonçalo Amaral, former researcher, believes that British police did not tell everything about the PJ McCann and suspected pedophile on his friend Payne.

Learn more in the paper edition of the newspaper "Correio da Manha '.

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/exclusivo-cm/ingleses-podem-ter-outras-provas--033340443

Google translation
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.12.10 10:18

A member of MM has now bought the paper edition, and her summary is here for those who want to read it. Very interesting. I hadn't realised that David Payne was the only one interviewed by the British police without the PJ present. Also Goncalo gathering evidence for reopening the case, and has serious doubts about DNA results obtained.

Read here

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t13303p75-updated-daily-mail-wikileaks-cable-claims#264772

Question - Why was DP the only one to be interviewed without the PJ being present thinking
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 16.12.10 10:42

candyfloss (Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:05 am) wrote:Maddie case

Revelations of the English ambassador raise new suspicions. Gonçalo Amaral, former researcher, believes that British police did not tell everything about the PJ McCann and suspected pedophile on his friend Payne.

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/exclusivo-cm/ingleses-podem-ter-outras-provas--033340443

Google translation

Sorry candyfloss I missed this on here and started a new thread about it... mind you, I think it's worth it! Might be worth tweeting too... British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns  - Wikileaks - Page 4 636506
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.12.10 10:51

Ruby (Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:42 am) wrote:
candyfloss (Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:05 am) wrote:Maddie case

Google translation

Sorry candyfloss I missed this on here and started a new thread about it... mind you, I think it's worth it! Might be worth tweeting too... British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns  - Wikileaks - Page 4 636506

No probs Ruby, good idea thumbsup have copied my other post over onto your new thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby 16.12.10 11:02

Nice one thanks British police 'developed evidence' against McCanns  - Wikileaks - Page 4 302873
Ruby
Ruby

Activity : 704

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 16.12.10 16:53

kangdang wrote:Who is Martin Brunt??

tease

Just a idiot! daft1
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 16.12.10 18:25

Just an idiot indeed. But he is their Chief crime correspondent.
Which says a lot about the lamentable standard of investigating and reporting in the UK

It does indeed. Brunt has never looked like the most scintillating crime correspondent, but now he looks more and more like a broken and dithering wreck of a man. There have been times when one has seen Brunt on television, and been genuinely concerned that we are keeping him awake, when he should be having his afternoon nap..
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 16.12.10 23:02

I think two posts got entangled there. Mine, and someone's reply
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 10.08.12 22:39

I thought that I would just bump this thread at the moment

isn't it odd that the Met seem to be looking only at the abduction scenario when it was British police who developed the evidence against it
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11159

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 11.08.12 7:35

sharonl wrote:I thought that I would just bump this thread at the moment

isn't it odd that the Met seem to be looking only at the abduction scenario when it was British police who developed the evidence against it

Isn't it odd that however much they slate the Portuguese police, the main evidence was found and developed by the British police? The dogs and FSS.

Re the dogs, the McCanns kept on asking for the FBI (what on earth for, unless it was to have a better chance to get a top job in Amber Alert?) and according to the PJ, the PJ refused the FBI (which would probably have been a very expensive luxury) and engaged the specialist dogs. The McCanns say they had asked for dogs on May 3rd, I think. Although it would have been standard procedure anyway. I don't believe for one moment they wanted Eddie and Keela.
So the PJ probably had to pay for Eddie and Keela to come over.
The DNA evidence was developed by FSS. Although I believe the PJ have held part of the samples back - which is lucky since the FSS destroyed all the samples. An action which goes against all the normal operating procedures.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top