The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Tribute to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - Page 5 Mm11

Tribute to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Tribute to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - Page 5 Mm11

Tribute to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - Page 5 Regist10

Tribute to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tribute to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - Page 5 Empty Re: Tribute to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh

Post by PeterMac 17.04.21 17:48

erratum

Flodden, not Colloden
1513, Henry VIII (who was away in France at the time ) v James IV, who was killed, and thus becomes the last BRITISH King to die in battle.  The Scots followed the Mediaeval tradition of putting their Knights/ officers at the front, and lost three quarters of them - the Flowers of Scotland.  
The English followed the new continental tradition of keeping the officers at the back.  The higher the rank the further back.
The last ENGLISH King to die in battle, and the last to lead a Cavalry charge was Richard III, who lost his life at the Battle of Bosworth to Henry VII, the father of Henry VIII.
(Culloden was 1745.)
And yes I do. Bagpipes !  (and the app on the iPad, which is quite good - and FREE, which appeals to Scots)
plus Piano, but only Between consenting Adults, in Private

The present Duchess will become Queen Consort, or just Queen for short.
Sadly I shall probably not live to see it, since I am the same age as the PoW
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 15237

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Jill Havern, Ladyinred and AnneBarnard like this post

Back to top Go down

Tribute to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - Page 5 Empty Re: Tribute to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh

Post by CaKeLoveR 17.04.21 18:00

Yes, isn't the future Queen just gorgeous? She is always perfectly groomed.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Activity : 1761

AnneBarnard likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 17.04.21 18:10

And did you notice how she merged William and Harry and then stepped back to be with Sophie so they could chat alone?

Catherine is one class act.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Activity : 33479

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 17.04.21 19:24

A class act, and a great asset.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 17.04.21 19:41

@PeterMac wrote:erratum

Flodden, not Colloden
1513, Henry VIII (who was away in France at the time ) v James IV, who was killed, and thus becomes the last BRITISH King to die in battle.  The Scots followed the Mediaeval tradition of putting their Knights/ officers at the front, and lost three quarters of them - the Flowers of Scotland.  
The English followed the new continental tradition of keeping the officers at the back.  The higher the rank the further back.
The last ENGLISH King to die in battle, and the last to lead a Cavalry charge was Richard III, who lost his life at the Battle of Bosworth to Henry VII, the father of Henry VIII.
(Culloden was 1745.)
And yes I do. Bagpipes !  (and the app on the iPad, which is quite good - and FREE, which appeals to Scots)
plus Piano, but only Between consenting Adults, in Private

The present Duchess will become Queen Consort, or just Queen for short.
Sadly I shall probably not live to see it, since I am the same age as the PoW
As much as I love the Scottish in my family I would ban the bloody bagpipes. What a racket.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13029

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 17.04.21 19:53

Especially for you, Liz.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.04.21 2:37

In real terms the death of Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, will end the Queen's rule.  Her Majesty is 94 years of age, under the circumstances she can't realistically continue as head of state for very much longer, I believe it will not be long before she follows her life long companion to the grave.

What then?

Personally I favour Prince Charles, despite his historic inappropriate behaviour.  Modernism appears to be a requisite for the future of the monarchy but with modernism comes disparity.  In order to survive, the monarchy needs stability in line with traditionalism.  I don't think that requirement will be fulfilled by Prince William and his commoner wife Kate Middleton.  They, to my mind, are window dressing for a failing monarchy that is fast losing home and international standing.

Seriously in terms of culture, faith and tradition, can Sir Edward Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance March be replaced by Sired Elton John's 'Candle in the Wind' or Annie Lennox 'No More I Loves You' or the Madness of 'Our House' projected on the roof of Buckingham Palace - commentated by camp David Walliams?  It makes a mockery of the late Great Britain.  As an aside, Diana Spencer, Harry's mother, was another spanner in the works.  The sinister part she played in dismantling the Royal house lives on to this very day - her legacy aside from Dodi Fayed!.  What an evil manipulative bitch was she. Maybe he carries her legacy of destruction!

Her Majesty has weathered every storm but at the ripe old age of 94, I think this will be her last.

Having said that, the focus of the day is not Her Majesty and the so very sad occasion of the death of Prince Philip but more whether or not Prince William and Harry - for his can no longer live with the title of Prince, are talking, reconciled as the media like to say.  The day has bugger all to do with the brothers grim, just because someone whispered in someone's ear they should be seen to be talking (chatting in media speak) bears no relation to the solemnity of the day.

Harry had no choice but to be at the Duke's funeral.  His attendance does not placate his past behaviour by deserting his Queen and country in favour of an American opportunist, a vindictive bitch with self interest at the heart of all her actions.  The gruesome twosome made public their nasty vindictive agenda before the world, the Oprah Winfrey show.  That event can never be erased, certainly not by some trite appearance at the Duke's funeral that the Harry could never have avoided - on pain of punishment!.

Priceless Markle has again had her day, it's all about her even if only indirectly.

Harry, the Prince that was, should be utterly ashamed of himself.  He has used and then abused his Royal assent.  Begone you vile quisling, how dare you bring the British monarchy, your priveleged position and heritage, into disrepute for the sake of your greedy hapless insignificant other!

bignono

Please note - this commentary applies whether you are a royalist or anti-royalist.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Activity : 29511

crusader and AnneBarnard like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 18.04.21 12:14

I found the funeral very dignified.

I watched members of the military standing stock still in their regimental regalia and it filled my heart for many reasons. 

God Save the Queen.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Jill Havern and crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneBarnard 18.04.21 13:25

I will admit that we didn't watch the funeral live.  (We had taken the opportunity of the glorious weather to go to the seaside for a much-needed day out for the sake of our mental health).

We recorded the broadcast and watched it yesterday evening when we returned.  It was a very nice funeral (and we both cried) but we hated the face masks and the social distancing, so completely and utterly pointless and demeaning.  The choir did do a wonderful job but it was a shame that it had to be so pared down.

All in all it was very dignified and particularly moving was Her Majesty the Queen's choice to be at the back of the funeral procession.  

Glad it was such nice weather as well.

On a personal note we found the arrangements and traditions to be very interesting because this was I think the first Royal funeral we'd ever watched so we weren't familiar with the protocol, and all the different military things, etc.

RIP Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh.

Activity : 389

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.04.21 15:19

@AnneBarnard wrote:.. but we hated the face masks and the social distancing, so completely and utterly pointless and demeaning

My thoughts exactly totally unnecessary. Dragging the Royal family into the realms of political correctness is a bignono

The Queen is the head of our nation, our constitutional leader, She nor her family should be sullied by needless protocol on such a monumental occasion as the funeral of her lifetime beloved husband.

Best of a bad job but I thought the ceremony was rather bland and very unbecoming.

There was something seriously missing .... Pomp and Ceremony!

One of the later reports suggested the Harry was only required to be quarantined for one week, instead of the requisite dictate of two weeks - or whatever it is, who can remember that far back? Where was I - because of the funereal sobriety of his situation.

Well, if they can wave magic wands to exonerate the Harry, why not Her Majesty the Queen and her nuclear family.

The masks and distancing made a mockery of the whole affair - poor show!

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by sequested 18.04.21 15:21

@Verdi : you can pay extra for an additional “test” that allows you to break free of the Covid quarantine after 5 days
sequested
sequested

Activity : 495

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.04.21 15:33

@sequested wrote: @Verdi : you can pay extra for an additional “test” that allows you to break free of the Covid quarantine after 5 days

There's only one answer to that ..

laugh

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 18.04.21 15:57

@Verdi wrote:
@AnneBarnard wrote:.. but we hated the face masks and the social distancing, so completely and utterly pointless and demeaning

My thoughts exactly totally unnecessary.  Dragging the Royal family into the realms of political correctness is a bignono

The Queen is the head of our nation, our constitutional leader, She nor her family should be sullied by needless protocol on such a monumental occasion as the funeral of her lifetime beloved husband.

Best of a bad job but I thought the ceremony was rather bland and very unbecoming.

There was something seriously missing .... Pomp and Ceremony!

One of the later reports suggested the Harry was only required to be quarantined for one week, instead of the requisite dictate of two weeks - or whatever it is, who can remember that far back?  Where was I - because of the funereal sobriety of his situation.

Well, if they can wave magic wands to exonerate the Harry, why not Her Majesty the Queen and her nuclear family.

The masks and distancing made a mockery of the whole affair - poor show!
Especially when pubs and restaurants were open in Windsor and people were oot 'n aboot in crowds having a jolly.

I thought the funeral was superb considering The Queen was following Prince Philip's wishes aswell as covid requirements.

Thank goodness they managed to have a choir of 4, the Last Post and the lone bagpiper.

I thought it was beautiful.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.04.21 17:05

HM sets an example to the Nation. By wearing a mask she demonstrates that it is 'normal' and not subject to individual him.
In theory anyway
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Jill Havern likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.04.21 17:23

@AnneBarnard wrote:On a personal note we found the arrangements and traditions to be very interesting because this was I think the first Royal funeral we'd ever watched so we weren't familiar with the protocol, and all the different military things, etc.

RIP Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh.
The protocol is one thing. I think Britain does it better than anyone else I can think of.

Watch how hours of preparation, marching bands, carriage with ponies, the cortege, the Mourners, the Bentleys, the loading of the casket onto the Landrover, the unloading, the entry of HM and the mourners into the Chapel, then the carriage of HRH up the steps to the second landing  EXACTLY on the stroke of 3PM for the minutes' silence across the Commonwealth.

Not a few seconds early, nor a few seconds late.  After that point it didn't matter how long it took
The choreography of the hours leading up to the point was superb.
 730 servicemen  507 Army, 42 RN, 89 RAF and 96 R.Marines. Four bands, a Carriage and pair, 8 Bentleys and a Landrover where the driver had to practise for a long time driving dead slow and not stalling !
All done with Military precision.
And rehearsed endlessly on the Thursday, with timings refined and all worked backwards from that point.  
If you look closely you can spot one of two of the key players were wearing earpieces. The ones who can stride out, or step shorter for the cortege for example.

But they are used to it. As are the royal Family.  It is what they do.

An old friend of mine became Lord Mayor of London over the Millennium, and said that his year was actually quite easy.  All he had to do was turn up on time, dressed in the right kit, stand or sit in the right place, and read the speech someone had put in his pocket or stuck to the lectern.  And try not to fall over.
He got a Knighthood for it.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 18.04.21 18:15

Yes, I don't think people appreciate the preparation that go into these events. 

Reading through that ^^^, even I didn't!

The one minutes' silence seemed longer than a minute - I don't know how those men managed to get up those steps with the casket, when they couldn't see where they were going, and hold still for so long. But the sound of their footsteps changed when they went up the stairs so I imagine it was something to do with that?

How on earth did they manage to choreograph Princess Diana's funeral at such short notice?

I would imagine rehearsals/preparations are already underway for The Queen - probably have been for some time.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 18.04.21 20:33

Watching the horses being comforted and patted was wonderful. Watching the skill of horse drawn carriage drivers pulling the horses heads inwards was excellent.

Watching the precision of pomp and ceremony was something special.

The Land Rover made in Solihull was particularly amusing as it was an honest request.

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 18.04.21 20:34

Did I read somewhere that the Land Rover was electric? It was very quiet...

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 18.04.21 20:55

@Jill Havern wrote:Did I read somewhere that the Land Rover was electric? It was very quiet...
Every Land Rover I have sat in grunts and grinds. There's nothing choral about the sound of a Land Rover.

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 18.04.21 21:07

The final send off for Prince Philip will be a 'green' funeral with an electric Land Rover and a coffin made of wool, it has been reported.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-philip-to-green-funeral-23896008

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 18.04.21 21:28

@Jill Havern wrote:The final send off for Prince Philip will be a 'green' funeral with an electric Land Rover and a coffin made of wool, it has been reported.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-philip-to-green-funeral-23896008
There will be outrage, fury and a lot of other things to test whether sheep have been harmed, were they black sheep or white sheep (tick a box now).

Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 19.04.21 8:07

@Jill Havern wrote:How on earth did they manage to choreograph Princess Diana's funeral at such short notice?
I would imagine rehearsals/preparations are already underway for The Queen - probably have been for some time.

They are all meticulously planned long in advance, and the Principals themselves take an active role.

The Queen's funeral has the code name "Operation London Bridge"
The Queen Mother's was "Tay Bridge" and it was that one which was modified and used for Diana.
The Duke's was "Forth Bridge".
The Prince of Wales is "Menai Bridge", and so on.

Just as the emergency services have a whole series of emergency plans just ready to be pulled out of the filing cabinet – literally –
and adapted to whatever the real emergency is.
When the plane came down on the M1 on my patch it was exactly the same as a crash between J.23 and 24, and the diversions were known 
and put in place within a very short time.   The Hospitals are alerted by code – they are not interested in the details, just that they have to 
clear casualty and theatres and designate wards.
The Police casualty bureau is set up (a room with phones and computers which already have the spread sheets and data bases)
County Hall Emergency planning do their bit.  The WRVS make sandwiches and coffee, and the whole thing springs into life.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 21.04.21 13:03

Tribute to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - Page 5 Scre1507

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 21.04.21 13:15

We're very lucky to have such a special Queen.

And I love her hat!

Here's her message in full

Tribute to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - Page 5 42033910

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 21.04.21 14:24

That is a gorgeous hat, the colour is lovely.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum