The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 10 Mm11

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 10 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 10 Mm11

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 10 Regist10

The Political Spectrum: Have Your Say

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 10 Empty Re: The Political Spectrum: Have Your Say

Post by Verdi 31.01.21 13:28

Donald Trump 'parts with lawyers' before impeachment trial

Published - 7 hours ago

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Donald Trump is the first president in history to be impeached twice

Former US President Donald Trump has parted ways with lawyers representing him in his impeachment trial in the Senate, US media report.

The departure of Butch Bowers and Deborah Barbier was reportedly a mutual decision.

Mr Trump's trial for incitement to insurrection starts on 8 February.

Senators will be asked whether to convict him on a charge he incited insurrection at the US Capitol on 6 January, when five people died.

Greg Harris and Johnny Gasser, two former federal prosecutors from South Carolina, have also left the team, the Associated Press reports. They were reportedly unwilling to defend Mr Trump on the basis of alleged election fraud.

Josh Howard, a North Carolina attorney who was recently added to the team, has also left, CNN reports.

Read: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Activity : 29552

Back to top Go down

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 10 Empty Re: The Political Spectrum: Have Your Say

Post by Jill Havern 31.01.21 15:44

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Activity : 33516

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.02.21 0:25

Why CEOs make so much money

It seems like the salaries of big-time CEOs just keep getting bigger. But why do they make so much, and has it always been this way?

At around 1730 on Wednesday 6 January, about 34 office working hours into 2021, bosses of top British companies had earned the same amount that an average worker in the UK earns in an entire year.

According to research from the High Pay Centre, an independent think tank based in London, FTSE 100 chief executives earn a median of £3.6m ($4.9m) a year – more than 100 times the £31,461 earned by full-time employees. At the top of the pile of those CEOs is Tim Steiner, chief executive of the online supermarket Ocado, who was paid £58.7m in 2019. That's 2,605 times the company's staff on average. In one day, he earned seven times their annual salary.

Read: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Because they are greedy gits who couldn't give a kipper's dick about the underlings.

Nothing changes.

Console yourself with the thought - all the time the likes of these people exist, there will never be a global totalitarianism control.  The two do not go hand in hand.

Can you envisage the likes of Bill Gates relinquishing his fortune and global influence to another?  Nah, it will never happen, not without full blown war.  

World War 111, not beyond the realms of possibility but at present I think the super powers prefer to play games, cat and mouse, rather than launch global military hostility.

Call it politics, call it religion, call it COVID-19 - it all amounts to the same power game.  It's been going on since time immemorial, the only victors the wealthy powerful, the only victims the people

Live life, enjoy life - get knocked about by life but above all else, ignore the crap fed daily by the propagandists in chief .... the Media!

Nature is in control, nature nurtures the process of evolution - not man. Man is but a pain in the arse in the grand scheme of things but nature swings and sways with the seasons, untouched by evil, power and wealth.

Believe me, you can a lot from nature.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

CaKeLoveR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.02.21 1:13

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 01.02.21 18:15

Tories CALL To Rip Up Brexit Deal Over EU Export Ban

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 05.02.21 9:11

Interesting article in the Telegraph this morning about the Bank predictions on the economy post COVID.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lovely graphic on unemployment into which I have put a line showing the GE which ousted the Labour Junta.
Unemployment is part of Labour economic POLICY.

And if you tilt your head sideways you can see Blair's profile.  
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 15244

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag 05.02.21 9:41

Question for Tony Bennett:

How do you do a "Freedom of information" request?

I want to ask how many amplification cycles they have been using throughout the PCR COVID testing... including current number.

I have a sneaky feeling they have just reduced it (based on recent "advice" from The World Health Organisation).

This is crucial information we should all be told.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Activity : 11707

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 05.02.21 10:31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Question for Tony Bennett:

How do you do a "Freedom of information" request?

I want to ask how many amplification cycles they have been using throughout the PCR COVID testing... including current number.

I have a sneaky feeling they have just reduced it (based on recent "advice" from The World Health Organisation).

This is crucial information we should all be told.

MAKING A FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST

I always use this wonderful site nowadays:

To give credit where it's due, it was a CMOMM member who told me about it on the open firm here.

You will find it an east site to use.

There is a search facility, and before you ask your question you may find that others have asked similar questions before on the same subject and got some answers.

You need to select WHO you are going to ask. In your case it might be e.g. the Department for Health, or the NHS. You can ask the same question to more than one organisation.  I used to send Madeleine McCann questions both to the Home Office and the Metropolitan Police.

You need to be careful about WHAT you ask for. You need to ask for INFORMATION that is actually held by the organisation and you need to be SPECIFIC. And do not ask for too much, otherwise you might be caught by the rule: "Sorry, this would take longer than 18 hours' research to find out".

Actually we need to find out who is setting the rules about the PCR tests. I know for a fact that somewhere along the line the powers-that-be have either set, or recommended, 45 cycles, which is absurdly high and gives grossly misleading results (as you know).

Good luck!

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24118

AnneBarnard likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 07.02.21 13:07

Andrew Neil's new GB News channel

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 07.02.21 14:15

A sensible news channel - I look forward to this.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Activity : 1770

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.02.21 0:47

Since the explosion of international trade protocol things have gone from bad to worse, the consumer always the victim.

Unless an enthusiast of the antiques road show, or a supporter of all things artisanal - sorry you're stuffed!  Buy furniture and although you still pay the price, it comes in a box (if you can ever open the darn thing) and you have to build it yourself.  Meccano?  A doddle compared to DIY furniture that comes complete with construction details, very helpful indeed if you can ever decipher which way up the instructions should be.

I like to blame this completely on China but I have to admit is does stray far and beyond the borders of virusitis. across the waters to neighbouring domains.  On this occasion Turkey - gobble gobble gobble!

My latest acquisition is a humble simple electric egg boiler upperer.  International standards dictate instruction manuals to be in one two or many languages, according to the point of sale I presume.

Now I shamefully admit I'm easily seduced by packaging, the box tells me everything I want to know before buying - the prettier the better.  So my little rubbishy eggy boiler upperer was purchased but .... I do like a nice little instruction manual with easy to follow guide to use without ten pages of safety advice, hopefully with a few recipes with glossy illustrations to whet the appetite.  No such luck, like a computer or mobile phone, you pays yer money then you're on your own!

Snipped from the manual..

Place the egg basket inside the bass.
Stitch each egg (to avoid bursting)
CAUTION:  The egg-spade is very spicy.  Be very careful to avoid injury.
Do not use sharp shovel made of metal.  If the beefsteak should be cut put the good on another plate then cut.

I'm none the wiser i don\'t know  . Even google translate can make better of a bad job these days.

When the makers of policies are sitting in their ivory towers, mulling over the best way forward, maybe they should pay more attention to consumer satisfaction rather than political goals.

They've no idea what they are doing - we, the public, are the bank, they are not the bankers they are the .... err .... cordwanglers.

There was a day when home sown home grown was the vogue, now it all about world dominance, franchise and shoddy merchandise.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

crusader and AnneBarnard like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.02.21 21:42

Nothing is built to last these days and, neither do people want anything to or so it seems. Instead, we have become slavish followers of fashionable trends and marketing buzz words like "The latest look" designed to 'drip-feed' inadequacy into us and poison our minds into thinking that we are inferior if we don't possess this season's whatever it is.  I don't fall for any of that claptrap as I was brought up in the day when if something got broken you fixed it if it could possibly be repaired and almost nothing was thrown out on a whim if it wasn't.
An inevitable consequence of mass consumerism is an influx of shoddy, cheap imported throwaway tatt like your egg boilery thingy. I wasn't aware such a gadget existed. Seriously, can you not boil an egg in a conventional way. Don't tell me you've got a rice cooker too.  rolleyes

Gone are the days of lifetime guarantees on anything due to commercial unviability.  I inherited my mum's saucepans after she died. They are crafted from 50+ years old Sheffield stainless steel and comprehensively indestructible. In fact not only should they bear a lifetime guarantee but, in my view an intergenerational one as I am using them and I am sure they will see me out. And if I can persuade any of my lot to have them after me which is highly doubtful as they too, in the main have become slavish followers of what is in vogue and de rigueur, I will. 

I recently returned a set of non-stick pans to M&S that were no more than 18 months old.  The only thing the non-stick coating hadn't stuck to was the pans! M&S said they had been heavily used and I said what do you expect when cooking for a family of 5!  I argued that they were not fit for purpose and eventually they bestowed upon me another set as I could not find my receipt. The same thing has happened again but now I've got my trusty stainless steel ones I will deliver them to the tip for recycling, no doubt into something equally useless.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 08.02.21 23:08

Snipped from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] post.

Place the egg basket inside the bass.
Stitch each egg (to avoid bursting)
CAUTION:  The egg-spade is very spicy.  Be very careful to avoid injury.
Do not use sharp shovel made of metal.  If the beefsteak should be cut put the good on another plate then cut.

That is the funniest thing I've seen today. laugh laugh laugh
crusader
crusader

Activity : 1269

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.02.21 23:19

I agree with you, Crusader that is eggstremely funny.  The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 10 1f602  The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 10 1f602
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.02.21 23:39

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 09.02.21 10:23

big grin

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

CaKeLoveR, crusader and AnneBarnard like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 09.02.21 10:44

miffy8 wrote:I recently returned a set of non-stick pans to M&S that were no more than 18 months old.  The only thing the non-stick coating hadn't stuck to was the pans! 

Why is non-stick only on one side ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 15244

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 09.02.21 11:57

Dems and media distract Americans from Biden's radical agenda

Tucker: Biden immigration policy designed to punish Americans

Tucker: American elites have aligned themselves with China

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 09.02.21 14:48

A kind soul has sent me this link, it's of importance and interest to all. Don't pass it by, it's official!

National Security

The Coronavirus (Retention of Fingerprints and DNA Profiles in the Interests of National Security) Regulations 2020

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.02.21 15:13

My devices don't recognise my fingerprints anymore. I have worn them off along with pissing everyone else off while singing 'Happy Birthday'
But there is always an upside to every story. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 09.02.21 17:04

If anyone's interested, Trump's Impeachment Trial will be starting soon live on this ^^^ site...

or here...

or here...

or here...

These ^^^ people are going in for the kill.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 09.02.21 18:41

I hope his team have some good ammunition against them.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Activity : 1770

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 09.02.21 18:53

He's gonna need it...that riot was far worse than I thought.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.02.21 0:38

Geeezus x almighty, where will it end?

Midwives told to stop using terms such as 'breastfeeding' and 'breastmilk'

Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals (BSUH) NHS Trust is the first to implement a gender inclusive language for its maternity services
By Hayley Dixon, Special Correspondent 9 February 2021 • 8:00pm

Midwives have been told to stop using terms including "breastfeeding" and “breastmilk” as part of a new trans-friendly policy at an NHS trust.

Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals (BSUH) NHS Trust is the first in the country to formally implement a gender inclusive language policy for its maternity services department — which will now be known as "perinatal services".

Staff have been told to avoid using the word “mothers” on its own and have been given a list of alternative terms to use when addressing patients including "mothers or birthing parents", "breast/chestfeeding" and "maternal and parental".

Instead of saying "breastmilk", they can choose from "human milk" or "breast/chestmilk" or "milk from the feeding mother or parent".

The language changes will be implemented in the trust's webpages, leaflets and communications such as letters and emails. Staff will be asked to use language which reflects people's "own identities and preferences" when talking to patients.  

Other changes include replacing the use of the word "woman" with the phrase "woman or person", and the term "father" with "parent", "co-parent" or "second biological parent", depending on the circumstances.

There has been fierce debate around attempts to reduce the use of the word woman in discussion around subjects including pregnancy and childbirth, and any move to do so has provoked ire from some feminists.

Author JK Rowling was vilified last year after she questioned a decision to use the term “people who menstruate” in a headline.

In a policy document, released this week, the BSUH said staff should not stop using the word "woman" or other terms describing motherhood but they should consciously start adding in the word "people'' and other more inclusive language.

It said: "Gender identity can be a source of oppression and health inequality. We are consciously using the words 'women' and 'people' together to make it clear that we are committed to working on addressing health inequalities for all those who use our services.

"As midwives and birth workers, we focus on improving access and health outcomes for marginalised and disadvantaged groups. Women are frequently disadvantaged in healthcare, as are trans and non-binary people... By continuing to use the term 'woman' we commit to working on addressing health inequalities for all who use our services."

The policy was written by Helen Green and Ash Riddington, described as “Gender Inclusion Midwives” at the unit.

Ms Green, who uses the pronouns she/they and describes herself as non-binary, wrote on social media: “The work is for us and by us, developed from grassroots research and lived experiences in the trans and non-binary community.”

Freddy McConnell, the transgender man who in 2019 lost his High Court battle to register himself as the “father” on his child’s birth certificate, is listed as an external advisor of the document.

Brighton and Hove NHS Trust has long championed itself as a “leader for LGBT inclusion” after receiving a number of accolades from the controversial charity Stonewall.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.02.21 0:56

A someone I once knew worked in the care secteur.

The commanders in chief within issued a directive to all management in the care secteur, a glossy very descriptive educational brochure.... 'A Guide to Aids and Adaptations' .

Naturally enough I feel, the management sectuer given their line of work, assumed this to be a relative guide to physical impairment experienced by the disabled and adaptations - you know, help and appliances available to improve the quality of life.

Not so, it was in reality an explicit guide to homosexual activity, the preferences and how best to avoid AIDS! I won't go into detail but rather like trying to differentiate between who and WHO!

That was many many years ago, it was not garden fence gossip because I saw the brochure with me own eyes !

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum