The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Growing Age of Technology Mm11

The Growing Age of Technology Regist10

The Growing Age of Technology

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Growing Age of Technology Empty The Growing Age of Technology

Post by Verdi on 19.11.20 12:26

Beyond doubt the coronavirus debacle and the ever increasing belief in the 'great world reset' has boosted the use of technology in our daily lives.  So much so, it's hard to imagine how we ever lived without it!

But as with every development over the decades and centuries, with good also comes bad.  As matters stand, it can't be denied, every aspect of technology grows richer by the day.  Slowly but surely I believe the world's population is being compromised, forced, into total reliance on technology for living.

The coronvirus scandal appears to be at the root of this rapidly growing industry.  Personally I see advantages and I see disadvantages.  Previously we have been in a position to pick and choose what is to our liking and reject all else - in my case facebook, twitter and other like minded social network platforms but it's fast approaching the situation where we no longer have that choice.  In short, we are being forced into living by technology alone.

I don't like this prospect for the future.  I like to be free to make my own choices.

Over the past year. since the advent of 'the virus', I read oh so many ideas for the future, some perhaps already in existence but waiting in the sidelines to become our way of life - forced way of life.

Social distancing, limited movement (read isolation), eradication of inferior life forms - appears to be the threatened future for the world.  I read of human interaction with robots as a part of life;  virtual travel;  education at home;  working from home; online banking;  shopping online; online medical care blah blah blah.  So our future we must expect to be confined to barracks for our entire lives.

A long while ago I bought a robotic vacuum cleaner - yes it was a Hoover.  You switch it on, give it a nudge and it travels around by itself picking-up everything in it's path - well almost everything.  It didn't work .... but I digress!

So here I am, bemoaning technology whilst staring at my laptop and waiting at home for an online delivery.   rolleyes

splat

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Activity : 26223

Back to top Go down

The Growing Age of Technology Empty Re: The Growing Age of Technology

Post by Verdi on 19.11.20 12:31

Put digital technology to work ‘for those who need it most’: UN Secretary-General

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
United Nations/Chetan Soni
Digital connectivity, in places like India, is indispensable to overcome the pandemic, and for a sustainable and inclusive recovery (file photo).

[Nice little plug there for Lenovo]

While the COVID-19 pandemic has shown the importance of digital technologies and the benefits of connectivity, it has also exacerbated inequalities, including basic online access, UN Secretary-General António Guterres said on Tuesday in a video message to the closing session of the Internet Governance Forum

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR on 19.11.20 14:36

Don't those children need better living conditions first?
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Activity : 1169

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 19.11.20 15:31

Precisely!

This is the want of 'Control Central'.

It has no bearing on practicality nor comfortability nor the desire for sustainable enjoyable living standards.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum