The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Anglo-Portuguese Alliance:  WORKSHOP - Page 2 Mm11

Anglo-Portuguese Alliance:  WORKSHOP - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Anglo-Portuguese Alliance:  WORKSHOP - Page 2 Mm11

Anglo-Portuguese Alliance:  WORKSHOP - Page 2 Regist10

Anglo-Portuguese Alliance: WORKSHOP

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anglo-Portuguese Alliance:  WORKSHOP - Page 2 Empty Re: Anglo-Portuguese Alliance: WORKSHOP

Post by Verdi 14.10.20 13:16

Well done that man thumbup !

Cheers.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Activity : 27401

Back to top Go down

Anglo-Portuguese Alliance:  WORKSHOP - Page 2 Empty Re: Anglo-Portuguese Alliance: WORKSHOP

Post by sharonl 14.10.20 23:21

@pauloalexandre wrote:Yes, I do but this one doesn't have the recent updates and changes.

I will update that one and bring it here.

The video is already subtitled and ready to go.

thumbsup Brilliant work - Well done Paulo
sharonl
sharonl
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Activity : 10090

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 15.10.20 10:31

I think we could create an e-mail account specifically for the group.

It doesn't need to be just for Youtube.

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Activity : 939

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 15.10.20 10:36

@pauloalexandre wrote:I think we could create an e-mail account specifically for the group.

I think that is potentially a very good idea BUT who will decide who has access to that account and who doesn't?

Also, will it be dual language? Will there be Portuguese people contributing to it?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 23897

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 15.10.20 10:45

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@pauloalexandre wrote:I think we could create an e-mail account specifically for the group.

I think that is potentially a very good idea BUT who will decide who has access to that account and who doesn't?

Also, will it be dual language? Will there be Portuguese people contributing to it?
I was thinking of an account just for the Portuguese version of the group.

For example, if a Portuguese individual wants to contact MMRG but doesn't have much knowledge in English, that person can do so via this hypothetical email address.

"I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a man's shoes?" - Red from The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 15.10.20 12:30

@pauloalexandre wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

I was thinking of an account just for the Portuguese version of the group.

For example, if a Portuguese individual wants to contact MMRG but doesn't have much knowledge in English, that person can do so via this hypothetical email address.

Yes, I'm good with that. Excellent

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 23897

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 15.10.20 13:17

@pauloalexandre wrote:I was thinking of an account just for the Portuguese version of the group.

But Paulo, that is the rationale behind the creation of this Anglo-Portuguese sub- forum - at least that was my vision.

All that's needed is a link to this CMOMM sub-forum on the YouTube channel. That will also spread the word far and wide.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 15.10.20 13:33

Ok, that sounds like a better option to me.

However, there are some key questions that need to be addressed: 

If a Portuguese person wants to contact MMRG, how is that contact established? 
Does the person create a thread on this sub-forum? 
What about the issue of language?

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 15.10.20 14:38

@pauloalexandre wrote:Ok, that sounds like a better option to me.

You could monitor this sub-forum....  whistling

I could add you to our 'Forum Support' group.

George Orwell, '1984': "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Activity : 32188

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 15.10.20 15:56

Language?  glee  You did volunteer bow2 !

If someone wshes to contact CMOMM/MMRG they can do so here on the Anglo-Portuguese Alliance sub-forum, they will of course have to register with the forum.

I don't think it will be necessary for each person to start a new thread, they can post on an existing thread relative to their question/comment, or we could initiate a thread here on the sub-forum as a contact point - a brief narrative in Portuguese of course!  It will need to be carefully monitored to avoid imposters but I think I can be of assistance in that direction, with the help of google translate.

This project is only in it's infancy, we don't know how, or even if, it will take-off.  It might well turn out to be just a reference point in Portuguese and English, that was another aspect of the vision for the sub-forum.  Say for example, a forum member has a query as regards the English translation of the PJ files, with your help as a first class translator the discrepancies could be ironed-out, at the same time perhaps dispelling some of the time-worn myths created by misinterpretation.

There are any number of possibilities that might aid better understanding of the case by our Portuguese friends, and indeed British friends who might be a bit rusty but that's thinking way ahead.  Instinct tells me there will not be much interest in participation after all these years but still I believe it will be a valuable reference/information source to enhance the forum's continued success.

Don't forget, this all started with the Richard D Hall video you have been so busily translating into Portuguese with sub-titles bow2 . That in itself makes it all worthwhile!

Slowly slowy catchy monkey ....

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Jill Havern likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 15.10.20 16:44

@Jill Havern wrote:

I can do that, thanks...

But regardless of whether or not the contact is made on this sub-forum, we still need an email account for the Youtube channel.

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 15.10.20 16:51

@Verdi wrote:This project is only in it's infancy, we don't know how, or even if, it will take-off.  It might well turn out to be just a reference point in Portuguese and English, that was another aspect of the vision for the sub-forum.  Say for example, a forum member has a query as regards the English translation of the PJ files, with your help as a first class translator the discrepancies could be ironed-out, at the same time perhaps dispelling some of the time-worn myths created by misinterpretation.
Indeed, that is one of my main goals too.

I'm in the process of revisiting the PJ files and looking at them with a more critical eye. There will be definitely more information that I could glean from there, which could help the research.

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 15.10.20 16:57

@pauloalexandre wrote:But regardless of whether or not the contact is made on this sub-forum, we still need an email account for the Youtube channel.

Why?

If a requirement of YouTube as a contact point then surely whoever set-up the YouTube channel would be the contact point?

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 15.10.20 17:16

@Verdi wrote:
@pauloalexandre wrote:But regardless of whether or not the contact is made on this sub-forum, we still need an email account for the Youtube channel.

Why?  

If a requirement of YouTube as a contact point then surely whoever set-up the YouTube channel would be the contact point?
In order to set up a Youtube channel, you need to have a Google account.

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 15.10.20 20:43

@pauloalexandre wrote:
@Jill Havern wrote:

I can do that, thanks...

But regardless of whether or not the contact is made on this sub-forum, we still need an email account for the Youtube channel.
How about something simple like gicmm@gmail.com ?

George Orwell, '1984': "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 15.10.20 21:04

@Jill Havern wrote:
@pauloalexandre wrote:
@Jill Havern wrote:

I can do that, thanks...

How about something simple like gicmm@gmail.com ?
Looks great.

Hopefully it's not taken.

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 15.10.20 21:07

Does it have to be a gmail address? Can it be hotmail or something?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 15.10.20 21:27

@Jill Havern wrote:Does it have to be a gmail address? Can it be hotmail or something?
Yes, as far as I know, you can use other domains like hotmail.

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 15.10.20 21:40

Are you going to set up the email address, or do you want me to do it?

This one is free gicmm2020@gmail.com

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 15.10.20 21:46

I can do it, but it is important for MMRG members to have access to the account.

For security reasons, I would have to send the password by mail (not e-mail).

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.10.20 0:40

@pauloalexandre wrote:I can do it, but it is important for MMRG members to have access to the account..

Why is it important for MMRG members to have access to the account?

I don't see any need to sever the YouTube account from this forum - CMOMM/MMRG. To the contrary, I think it beneficial for the forum to be the focal point of contact. Nor do I see any reason for MMRG members to be identified, worst still named.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.10.20 0:43

Paulo, thanks for posting-up the Richard D Hall video Portuguese translation.

When you have time, would you be so good as to also post the original English version, on the same thread?

Cheers thumbsup !

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 16.10.20 1:17

@Verdi wrote:
@pauloalexandre wrote:I can do it, but it is important for MMRG members to have access to the account..

Why is it important for MMRG members to have access to the account?

I don't see any need to sever the YouTube account from this forum - CMOMM/MMRG.  To the contrary, I think it beneficial for the forum to be the focal point of contact.  Nor do I see any reason for MMRG members to be identified, worst still named.
I probably should have worded that better - I meant someone else besides me having access to the account.

It was just a suggestion, though it sounds very impractical to have more than one person managing the account, now that I'm thinking about it.

In any case, the video has to be shared somewhere, and Youtube is the most obvious platform to do such thing, given it's the most popular and widely known video-sharing platform on the Internet.

The channel will have CMOMM forum (specifically this sub-forum) as the contact.

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloalexandre 16.10.20 1:23

By the way, thank you Jill for putting me on the "Forum support" group.

pauloalexandre
pauloalexandre
Forum support

Jill Havern likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.10.20 1:34

I'm assuming you have set-up the YouTube account Paulo, can't it be left as such with you as the initiator. You can create an email address for the sole purpose, no one need know your private details. I really don't see why anyone else should have access to the YouTube account. This CMOMM sub-forum was initiated primarily to host your Richard D Hall video translation with sub-titles. That is my view is the priority.

Creating an account and uploading your video on YouTube will amount to little or nothing without CMOMM as the supporting link - the two should go hand in hand.

Of course I agree YouTube is the ideal platform to attract an audience but I was rather hoping that CMOMM would take priority, or at least run parallel.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum