The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 36 Mm11

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 36 Regist10

The Political Spectrum: Have Your Say

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 36 Empty Re: The Political Spectrum: Have Your Say

Post by PeterMac on 16.02.20 10:36

Meanwhile the Scottish Nasty Party carries on whining about leaving or joining, or something,
to take the public's eyes off the trial, in which their Dear Leaderene will feature heavily, 
to be followed by the enquiry into how and why they did nothing about the allegations in the first place.

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 36 Bre10
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 36 Empty Re: The Political Spectrum: Have Your Say

Post by PeterMac on 16.02.20 10:42

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/15/new-attorney-general-suella-braverman-in-controversial-buddhist-sect
The new attorney general is a member of a controversial religious sect which continues to venerate its founder despite well-documented claims that he was a serial sexual predator, the Observer can reveal.

I read this and thought for one moment they were implying she was a Muslim !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 17.02.20 14:52

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 36 Scree460

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 17.02.20 15:04

What will be the true repercussions if the BBC are forced to abandon the annual licence fee and change to a service much on the lines of Netflix?  What is the general consensus of opinion on the subject?

The BBC is vast, I foresee mass redundancies and a considerable loss of quality television and radio programming.  Have folk really thought this through or is it only a knee-jerk reaction to alleged bias reporting?

I received an email from Netflix today to say my subscription will be increased to one hundred and thirty something £ as from March 2020, I hardly ever use it - I prefer BBC productions.  

Still, I guess it's more important to pamper the younger generations who go into denial if deprived of only a few minutes away from the i-phone.  I can't see any attraction watching anything on a miniscule screen when I can park me bum in front of the television.

Just a thought.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.02.20 15:22

It will hopefully mean an end to diversity hire programming.
Latest - Black Woman was the original pre-Hartnell Doctor Who - seriously.
Oh and Christmas Carols' Bob Crachit's wife was black as well - apparantly.
The end of bias left wing anti-democratic news programs.

It will mean they will be forced to make programs people want to watch or die.

I hate adverts though - most adverts are full of PC bullpoo as well.  All white men are stupid and all families are mixed race.

Mind Channel 4 are independent (are they?) and full of PC crap with C4 News being biased.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR on 17.02.20 15:28

I don't want to mess about paying for individual programmes, as much as I!d like to keep the one hundred odd pounds I pay for a licence. The BBC might decide they need to know how many sets we have in our houses, just another thought! 📺 📺
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 17.02.20 15:39

My point is CaKeLoveR, whatever is paid out annually for the BBC licence fee will be replaced by a subscription charge - surely?

I frankly can't see how the BBC can provide the same extensive service, second to none they say, by operating a streaming service akin to Netflix and many other service providers out there.  All of which, I believe, create obstacles by use of geoblocking.

To overcome such obstacles, I recently subscribed (yes, another subscription) to a VPN provider, said to be better than all the rest - it claims to even dupe the more diligent geoblockers, like the BBC!

Guess what - it don't work angry ....

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on 17.02.20 15:43

We are not called rip off Britain for nothing. I object to being forced to pay for something I haven't asked for. It should be by subscription only.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR on 17.02.20 17:20

GEOBLOCKING? Oh lawks, bring back the test card. I'm too old for this.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 18.02.20 17:00

But... but... but.... we left on 31st January... didn't we?

BBC wrote:Michel Barnier: UK can't have Canada trade deal with EU
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51549662

BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 19.02.20 8:52

FREE book:

Arabic for Unbelievers

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 36 Arabic-Unbelievers-300x300

Is there a link Between Islamic Teaching and Violence?

Understanding the relationship between Islamic teaching and violence is one of the most pressing issues of our age. In this very accessible title Peter Townsend goes straight to the classical Islamic sources (the Qur’an and traditions) with a view to ascertaining whether the all too glib dismissal of any link between Islam and acts of violence committed in its name is supported by the evidence.

Please click on ‘Subscribe’ below to get your FREE copy.

https://petertownsend.info/arabic-for-unbelievers/

https://twitter.com/PeterTownsend7

George Orwell, '1984': "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 20.02.20 14:36

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 36 2002-m10

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 20.02.20 14:57

It appears Home Secretary, Ms Priti Patel, has turned ugly down at the Home Office..

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 36 Scree466

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 20.02.20 15:05

Government vows to end reliance on 'cheap' foreign labour with plan to stop low-skilled migration

Written by:

Anahita Hossein-Pour

Posted On:
19th February 2020

Priti Patel has unveiled the Government’s new points-based immigration system with a promise to end a reliance on “cheap, low-skilled labour” coming to the UK.

https://politicshome.com/news/uk/home-affairs/immigration/news/109988/government-vows-end-reliance-cheap-foreign-labour-plan

Priti Patel:  Home Secretary
Sajid Javid:  Chancellor that was
Rishi Sunak:  Chancellor incumbent

What's to become of all the unskilled migrants already living and working in the UK - are they to be instantly deported?

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 20.02.20 15:05

@Verdi wrote:It appears Home Secretary, Ms Priti Patel, has turned ugly down at the Home Office..

Any episode of "Yes Minister" will give you a clue as to what is really happening.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 20.02.20 15:16

Being such an ardent fan of the press, I like this particular clip..

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 20.02.20 16:22

@Verdi wrote:It appears Home Secretary, Ms Priti Patel, has turned ugly down at the Home Office..

..and Ugly's not upset!!
sar

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 21.02.20 15:22

The Political Spectrum:  Have Your Say - Page 36 Method22

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 22.02.20 0:18

Can someone please explain to me exactly how money can save the planet or save a little boy with dwarfism from bullying - or whilst on the subject, a little three year old child who is no longer of this world?

You can't buy nor sell nature - you can't buy nor sell cruel children, you shouldn't try to buy or sell a deceased child.

dontgetit

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 22.02.20 0:40

French rightwing mayor creates 'rue de Brexit' in honour of British vote

This article is more than 3 years old

But street chosen by the Front National mayor of Beaucaire, Julien Sanchez, is circular road to nowhere

A rightwing French mayor has named a street in his town “rue de Brexit”, but the joke quickly rebounded on him when it emerged that the thoroughfare in question was a circular road to nowhere.

Julien Sanchez called his decision to name the street in the southern town of Beaucaire a “homage to the decision of the sovereign British people” to leave the European Union.

The town council selected for the honour a previously unnamed street located near the rue Robert Schuman and avenue Jean Monnet – both named after founding fathers of the EU.

A rising figure in Marine Le Pen’s Front National, Sanchez, 33, announced his salute to the UK referendum result via Twitter.
Accompanying his message was the 23-to-nine vote sheet by Beaucaire’s city council on 22 December giving birth to rue du Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/27/french-rightwing-mayor-rue-de-brexit-front-national-beaucaire

ooops    Awkward!

Murders in the Rue Morgue affraid !

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good, oh lord please don't let me be misunderstood.... dum didi dum didi dum, didi dum didi dum didi di dum ....

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR on 22.02.20 9:39

I fear that the little boy with dwarfism, bless him, is now open to more bullying. However well meant the attention from famous people, and whatever they treat him to, those will wear off and he will be back at school, facing the misery again. It's awful for him.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 23.02.20 9:36

HS2 is to cost well in excess of £ 100 Billion, and take 20 years, to connect London to Birmingham.  
100 miles = 165 km.  estimated time 52 minutes . 

RENFE< the Spanish rail company has just won a contract worth 6 billion USD = £ 4.6 billion
to Build and then Run a high speed link between Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth TX.
241 miles = 386 km, estimated time 90 minutes

Can anyone explain this discrepancy ?

http://www.surinenglish.com/national/202002/21/renfe-wins-billion-dollar-20200221111631-v.html
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 23.02.20 9:56

HS2 = the new Gravy Train now that we've 'left' the EU?

George Orwell, '1984': "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 23.02.20 10:00

We absolutely don't need HS2.

If the current estimate is 100 billion for can bet it quadruple over the next 20 years.

A ridiculous project and money that could be profitably invested elsewhere.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR on 23.02.20 10:36

Pockets have to be filled first. Planning, logistics, materials etc. are merely inconveniences to muse over when the mood takes them them.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum