The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Homage to the UK Police Force - Page 4 Mm11

Homage to the UK Police Force - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Homage to the UK Police Force - Page 4 Mm11

Homage to the UK Police Force - Page 4 Regist10

Homage to the UK Police Force

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Homage to the UK Police Force - Page 4 Empty Re: Homage to the UK Police Force

Post by PeterMac 30.09.20 13:12

Surely "Taking the knee' is nothing more than a reenactment of kneeling on the throat of the suspect - IF that is what they did.   How can that be a good thing ?
I have a feeling that Starmer will live to regret his action.

In their own words
"BLM proudly proclaims its belief that all black people should receive a guaranteed minimum income and “free” healthcare, schooling, food, real estate, gender reassignment surgery, and abortion; bring an “an end to all jails” as we know them; disrupt the traditional family; demand reparations on behalf of foreign nations; and form a “global liberation movement” that will “overturn White imperialism [and] capitalism.” 

Of course they want to disrupt the traditional [=white nuclear] family.
It must be terrible to look around and to realise that the family is the very basis for stability, love, cherishing, and the cascading down the generations of knowledge, wisdom, and what little wealth there is. . . .
And then to realise that your own lack of a stable family structure is what is, and has been for generations, holding back an entire racial group [Amongst many other things, of course]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dismantling the family: Black Lives Matter endorses two contradictory policies: “We make our spaces family-friendly,” it states. It then looks forward to the destruction of the traditional family:
“We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.”

Children raised in fatherless homes are more likely to drop out of school, abuse drugs or alcohol, be victims or perpetrators of physical and sexual abuse, live in poverty, commit other crimes, and go to prison than those raised in intact, two-parent households--the "nuclear family structure" BLM is warring against. Two out of every three black children live in single-parent families, making them 271% more likely to do so than non-Hispanic white children.

(US Statistics)
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 15156

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 27.12.20 23:34

Birmingham 'memory cop' Andy Pope spots 2,000 suspects

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A police officer with a remarkable talent for remembering faces has now identified more than 2,000 suspects.

West Midlands Police PCSO Andy Pope says he can remember faces for years and has even been able to single out wanted people wearing face coverings.

The 43-year-old was recognised by the force's chief constable in 2018 when he passed the 1,000 milestone and is now aiming to reach 2,500 by 2022.

Mr Pope, from Redditch, said his talent was "impossible to explain".

"It's just an instinct that it is the person and thankfully it's proven right," the PCSO, nicknamed "memory man" by colleagues, said.

"Although it's been a year like no other, I've still carried on as usual with the same preparation coming on to a shift.

"I've made sure I'm fully updated on the images of people wanted by the force, and it's paid off."

Mr Pope works in Birmingham and patrols transport hubs in the West Midlands, spending most of his time on trains and buses.

His record for the most suspects identified in one day was 17 and he was once able to recognise a man in a restaurant while waiting at traffic lights.

Mr Pope joined the force in 2012 and is one of only 20 members of the Association of Super Recognisers, a body representing those with excellent memory capabilities and which wants the skill to be recognised as a branch of forensic science.

He was also nominated for the Amplifon Awards For Brave Britons 2020 for his work.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Activity : 28937

Back to top Go down

Post by ShiningInLuz 28.12.20 1:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Birmingham 'memory cop' Andy Pope spots 2,000 suspects

A police officer with a remarkable talent for remembering faces has now identified more than 2,000 suspects.

West Midlands Police PCSO Andy Pope says he can remember faces for years and has even been able to single out wanted people wearing face coverings.

The 43-year-old was recognised by the force's chief constable in 2018 when he passed the 1,000 milestone and is now aiming to reach 2,500 by 2022.

Mr Pope, from Redditch, said his talent was "impossible to explain".

"It's just an instinct that it is the person and thankfully it's proven right," the PCSO, nicknamed "memory man" by colleagues, said.

"Although it's been a year like no other, I've still carried on as usual with the same preparation coming on to a shift.

"I've made sure I'm fully updated on the images of people wanted by the force, and it's paid off."

Mr Pope works in Birmingham and patrols transport hubs in the West Midlands, spending most of his time on trains and buses.

His record for the most suspects identified in one day was 17 and he was once able to recognise a man in a restaurant while waiting at traffic lights.

Mr Pope joined the force in 2012 and is one of only 20 members of the Association of Super Recognisers, a body representing those with excellent memory capabilities and which wants the skill to be recognised as a branch of forensic science.

He was also nominated for the Amplifon Awards For Brave Britons 2020 for his work.

That's one of two interesting stories over the last couple of days.  A person who can recognise faces in the most challenging situations with just a few seconds to do so.

I DID try following up to find out the science behind super-recognisers, but I gave up when the article links sent me back to where I had started.

The other report is about an Asian family that have no fingerprints.  It's also on BBC News.

Perhaps essential reading for the McCanns.
ShiningInLuz

Activity : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.12.20 10:38

A great friend of mine was one such.  Her talents were discovered when CCTV really started up
and she moved from CID to RCS.
She could sit in front of a bank of CCTV screens showing film from a particular time and track someone across town.
She has no idea how she does it. 
A few years ago she was awarded OBE

Pauline Jarvis if you want to google her

Father was called Jarzelski (or something) Polish airman, sent off to Canada to train on Lancasters - as they all were,- and anglicised his name to Jarvis after a small village near Hamilton,Ontario where they were training.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.12.20 11:27

I find this fascinating. I wonder how you can convince anyone you're right unless you are dealing with wanted, known people and then the skill comes into it's own. Take for example the guy who recognised someone in a restaurant while sitting at traffic lights. If you were an ordinary bod on the street no one would believe you. Say you saw said person walking down the street earlier in the day and then spied them again and told someone you were with, they would think you were either a) mistaken or b) making it up. How could you 'road test' your theory? Go into the restaurant, tap them on the shoulder and say "Oi mate, were you in Camden Road earlier today?  laughat
I saw Carol Chell from Playskool in a shop once and recognised her immediately. I told her and she was astonished and pleased at the same time. She said it was the first time anyone has ever recognised her. Maybe that or they had but hadn't gone bounding up to her like an excited gazelle!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 29.12.20 8:01

A lot of it is working backwards.
They have the suspect in the cell, or a decent photo of him
They know he was at point A because his fingerprints were found - for example
Pauline can then track him back across the day, and spot who he met, where items were handed over
so that when the detective i/c the case interviews him, the questions are not about finding facts,
they are about seeing whether he is lying or not.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 03.01.21 20:26

Not UK police but still a jolly good story!

Policeman buys family food instead of arresting them for shoplifting

Officer Lima said the two children with the women reminded him of his own children

A US police officer who was called out to arrest a family suspected of shoplifting instead bought them some food so they could have a decent Christmas dinner.

Matt Lima was called to a food store in Somerset, Massachusetts, last month, a police statement said.

Two women were reported not to be scanning all of their groceries.

When questioned, the family said they had fallen upon hard times and could not afford to pay for all the food.

They had still wanted to give the children a Christmas dinner.

Mr Lima served them with a "no trespass" order, but did not press charges as all the items on the shopping receipt were for food, police said.

He then bought them gift cards worth $250 (£180) with his own money so the women and their two children would be able to buy food for their Christmas dinner at another shop of the same chain.

"The two children with the women reminded me of my kids, so I had to help them out," Officer Lima said.

"Obviously, this family was in need and I can't imagine having to make the decision to go to Stop and Shop [the food store] and just only pay for what I can afford - or do I go there and try to take things for Christmas dinner for the kids?" he told local TV.

"They were very thankful, they were kind of shocked. I'm sure a lot of people in that same situation would be thinking that there was going to be a different outcome, and maybe they would be arrested or have to go to court.

"I bought the gift card close in value to what would've been taken," he added. "I just did what I felt was right. It's not about me, I just tried to put myself in that family's shoes and show a little bit of empathy."

Fine looking fellow and very decent person salute .

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Jill Havern, CaKeLoveR and AnneBarnard like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.01.21 12:06

Another one slightly off topic as it's not specific to the UK, nonetheless another victim of thuggery- another unnecessary loss of life in the line of duty!

Brian Sicknick: Officer killed in Capitol riot to lie in honour

Brian Sicknick, a police officer who died during the pro-Trump siege of the US Capitol on 6 January, will lie in honour at the same location.

Sicknick 42, was injured while "physically engaging with protesters", police said. He died the following day.

He was one of five people to lose their lives in the riot, which led to Donald Trump's second impeachment.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said he would lie in honour in the Capitol.

salute

I trust this to be a genuine 'Honour' and not a democratic party gesture.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 20.04.21 17:06

"I have pulled dead, mangled bodies from cars.
I have lied to people as they were dying.
I said you are going to be fine as I held their hand and watched their life fade out.
I have held dying babies. Bought lunch for people who were mentally ill and haven't eaten in a while.
I have had people try to stab me. Fought with men trying to shoot me.

I've been attacked by women while I was arresting their husband who had just severely beaten them.
I have held towels on bullet wounds.
Done CPR when I knew it wouldn't help just to make family members feel better.
I have torn down doors, fought in drug houses. Chased fugitives through the woods.
I have been in high-speed car chases.
Foot chases across an interstate during rush hour traffic.
I have been in crashes. Been squeezing the trigger about to kill a man when they came to their senses and stopped. Waded through large angry crowds by myself.
Drove like a madman to help a fellow officer. Let little kids who don't have much sit in my patrol car and pretend they are a cop for their birthday.

I have taken a lot of people to jail. Given many breaks. Prayed for people I don't even know. Yes, and at times I have been "violent" when I had to be. I have been kind when I could.
I admit I have driven to some dark place and cried by myself when I was overwhelmed.
I have missed Christmas and other holidays more than I wanted to.

Every cop I know has done all these things and more for lousy pay, exhausting hours, and a short life expectancy.
We don't want your pity, I don't even ask for your respect. Just let us do our jobs without killing us"
Thank You Police Officers of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------------------

and any other decent police officer in the world for that matter - thank you for your service!  thumbsup

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Activity : 33065

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

CaKeLoveR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR 20.04.21 17:19

I'm watching the trial of the policeman who is accused of killing George Floyd, on Court T.V. A juror, who believes that if you can speak, you can breathe, has been dismissed, or left, I don't know which. I know that if my asthma is bad, I can't speak to explain to people why I need to sit, or why I'm rattling about in my bag to find my inhaler. I concentrate solely on getting air into my lungs.
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Activity : 1624

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum