The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

BBC:   LGBT prom cancelled over safety concerns Mm11

BBC:   LGBT prom cancelled over safety concerns Regist10

BBC: LGBT prom cancelled over safety concerns

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BBC:   LGBT prom cancelled over safety concerns Empty BBC: LGBT prom cancelled over safety concerns

Post by Verdi on 29.06.19 15:34

LGBT prom cancelled over safety concerns

28th June 2019 - US and Canada

BBC:   LGBT prom cancelled over safety concerns _107568584_storybook-pride-prom2-650x650

A prom organised for LGBT teenagers
in Florida has been cancelled after fears that protests against the event would jeopardise the safety of attendees.

The Jacksonville Public Library was set to host a "Storybook Pride Prom" which invited teens to "create their own 'happily ever after'", and "come dressed inspired by your favourite book character — casual, formal, or in drag — whatever makes you feel great".

Read on..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48793730

I despair  sad

https://thecompletemysteryofmadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/
Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

BBC:   LGBT prom cancelled over safety concerns Empty Re: BBC: LGBT prom cancelled over safety concerns

Post by PeterMac on 29.06.19 15:48

What gives with the whole "dressing up' thing?
Transvestites and "drag queens' do not dress as women.  They dress as some pastiche, some parody, some caricature, and seem to model themselves on Pantomime dames, but get upset when people laugh.

All the gay men and women I worked with just wore normal clothes – uniform or suit depending which branch they were in – and at informal parties and functions were indistinguishable from everyone 'else'.

And none of them could explain the mincing squealing hand-flapping "queen' thing. It was as mysterious to them as it was to me.

I still don't understand it, but then I don't understand bondage or masochism, or many of the other bizarre behaviours I have seen

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

BBC:   LGBT prom cancelled over safety concerns Empty Re: BBC: LGBT prom cancelled over safety concerns

Post by Verdi on 29.06.19 16:15

I once worked alongside a very feminine personable young woman whose elder live-in partner was a man wishing to be a woman. They were in a lesbian relationship - work that one out if you can.

The partner dressed as a woman of sorts, wearing tweed suits and brogue shoes. To be frank s/he looked and sounded like a man in a woman's suit.

The most bizarre situation I've ever come across and I've seen a few over the years.

i don\'t know

Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 30.06.19 7:47

Some of it is narcissism.

Some of it is mental illness - unhappiness / depression - the grass must be greener on the other side of the fence (they find it isn't).

For a lot of kids gay is the new punk is the new rock n roll is the new rebel without a cause.

They can do what they like... so long as they don't force me to appreciate it or else.

I can't help it, I was born that way.

Peter Mac, you are forgetting about the "dressing up" gene. People are born that way.

Science hasn't found it yet but it must be there because people dress up.

:-)
BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 30.06.19 15:51

Unicorns and Proms. LGBT. Life's Good Be Tolerant will be the next advertising campaign.
aquila
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 30.06.19 16:06

Lettuce, Garlic, Bacon, and Tomato  ? ? ?
I have trouble thinking of anything else.

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 30.06.19 16:08

@PeterMac wrote:Lettuce, Garlic, Bacon, and Tomato  ? ? ?
I have trouble thinking of anything else.
Large Baguette, Gin and Tonic?

Sorry, that's the dyslexic version.
aquila
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 30.06.19 16:33

What really gets on my toot is the whole 'sing if you're proud to be gay'
theme.

Apart from robbing me of the word 'gay' I doubt that many homosexuals would want to live up to that particular ideal because they are not going to tiptoe through the tulips of life and the ones I know aren't too keen on being portrayed as effeminate, mincing creatures with nothing else on their minds but to promote homosexuality.
aquila
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by CaKeLoveR on 30.06.19 20:51

Someone is bound to claim that the "dressing up thing" is a disease, like alcoholism, obesity. Totally organic, and beyond one's control. Where this theory places cancer, cystic fibrosis and such like is anybody's guess. Or are the latter "lifestyle choices"?
CaKeLoveR
CaKeLoveR

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 30.06.19 21:29

@aquila wrote:What really gets on my toot is the whole 'sing if you're proud to be gay'
theme.
Tom Robinson.

Famous gay campaigner/promoter.

And later father of two children.

Like David Bowie... famously bi-sexual... but not really as he was only after headlines (and it worked a treat)... shocked the band as they didn't know.. they'd only been living with him (and his wife) 24/7 for 2 years. 

Some people have a lot to answer for.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.06.19 21:50

I believe, at least from personal observation, that the older they get the more outrageous they become.

The younger gays are content with just being into same sex without all the effeminate stuff. If you actually watch the mannerisms of the younger gay, you will notice how the effeminate behaviour is starting to creep in - facial expressions, girly voice, adoration of specific stage performers, mincing.

Then when age sets in, the full-blown old queen comes bursting out of the corset - or should that be closet?

Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 01.07.19 7:07

I've worked with a few gay people.

They loved being the center of attention and their main focus in life was their being gay (and letting people know).

Blinkers to everything else.

The psychology is interesting.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.07.19 10:51

For me it was the opposite.
It took many years for one of my close colleagues to 'come out' even though everyone had known for decades . . .
Several others, notably the women, never did, and no one cared.
There is clearly a wide spectrum of behaviours, and no stereotype fits all.

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 01.07.19 12:48

Again back at work, the organisation had a rigid equal opportunities policy - at least as regards statistics.  I was lumbered with chairing a number of sub-groups such as Gays and Lesbians, Disabled, Ethnic Minorities and whatever other secteur said to be a victim of life.

One day a nineteen year old chap waltzed (literally) into my office with a ripping yarn or two to tell.

BAFTA winning performance, he presented himself before the global boss as a representative of the Equal Opportunities Commission, sent in an official capacity to give advice on policy making decisions and implementation.  He was very convincing as regards commitment to the rights of Gays and Lesbians.  He wore make-up, was very theatrical and very talkative.  The global boss swallowed it like Jonah and the proverbial whale, not difficult as she was a disabled lesbian of ethnic origin, so it wasn't long before the chap was seconded as supernumerary equal opportunities advisor.  

Indeed I had regular visits where I was updated on his latest escapades, such was his fun and frolics at the expense of a highly paid chief and her minions.  I even invited him to attend the Gays and Lesbian sub-group as a guest, that livened up proceedings more than a bit.

I didn't have any time for the prevailing political persuasion that was being forced on the workforce - would I expose the chap for being an out and out fraud?

Nah  whistling .

BBC:   LGBT prom cancelled over safety concerns Jonah-whale

Verdi
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 01.07.19 16:07

@PeterMac wrote:For me it was the opposite.
It took many years for one of my close colleagues to 'come out' even though everyone had known for decades . . .
Several others, notably the women, never did, and no one cared.
There is clearly a wide spectrum of behaviours, and no stereotype fits all.
Actually I've never worked with a gay woman (knowingly).

I was talking about gay men.

Interesting in your case that "everyone had known" about the man.

In my opinion, most of that effeminate affectation is so that everyone knows.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum