The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 5 Mm11

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 5 Mm11

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 5 Regist10

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 5 Empty Re: Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case

Post by pennylane 05.11.10 9:44

Shibboleth wrote:I believe that Dr Amaral said something to the effect that if the McCanns admitted that their daugter was dead, then there would be no more fund.

There is also a counter-petition on the go as well, asking for a re-opening of the case, not a review. It has already been trolled by some pro people who clearly don't want the case to be re-opened. I cannot imagine why, doesn't everybody want what is best for Madeleine?

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/reopen_not_review/signatures

I have signed this counter petition ......I do hope it gets plenty of recognition. Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 5 725573
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 5 Empty Re: Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case

Post by Autumn 08.11.10 0:35

From MSN Homepage 7th November 2010

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?ucpg=2&cp-documentid=155184685#uc2Lst

McCanns 'delighted' over support

Kate and Gerry McCann are 'delighted' at huge support for a petition launched earlier this week
Kate and Gerry McCann are "delighted" at huge support for a petition launched earlier this week, their spokesman has said.

The couple launched the petition to lobby the UK and Portuguese governments for a joint or independent review of the case on Wednesday - exactly three-and-a-half years since their daughter Madeleine disappeared.

On Sunday more than 24,000 people had already signed the petition, with the number rising by the minute.

And the couple said the support showed finding Madeleine was still a cause close to British people's hearts.

Their spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "It's fair to say they are delighted, it shows the public support that they know is out there but this is tangible evidence that the support is there.

"Once it gets to an even greater number they will be in a position to think about presenting it. Hopefully both the Portuguese and British governments will take notice and there will be a review."

Madeleine was three when she went missing from her family's holiday flat in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3, 2007, as her parents dined with friends nearby.

Portuguese police launched a huge investigation with the support of British officers, but the inquiry was formally shelved in July 2008 with no firm conclusions.

Private detectives employed by the McCanns are still investigating the case.

And on Wednesday the couple appealed for more donations to the official Find Madeleine fund, which is danger of running out in spring 2011 if they do not get more financial backing.

______________________________________________________________________________-

'Their spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "It's fair to say they are delighted, it shows the public support that they know is out there but this is tangible evidence that the support is there.'

Perhaps Clarence should read the comments relating to this article if he really wants to know what the public think.
Autumn

Activity : 2903

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang 08.11.10 2:10

Their spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "It's fair to say they are delighted, it shows the public support that they know is out there but this is tangible evidence that the support is there.

And this is what the petition is all about.

Incidently, 30.1 million adults in the UK (that equates to 60% of adults that reside in the UK) access the internet daily.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.
kangdang
kangdang

Activity : 1845

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.11.10 3:11

And the couple said the support showed finding Madeleine was still a cause close to British people's hearts.

"Once it gets to an even greater number they will be in a position to think about presenting it. Hopefully both the Portuguese and British governments will take notice and there will be a review."

Good grief. I wonder whether he knows he sounded stupid.

There are plenty missing children, what makes them think their Maddie is the ONLY SPECIAL and IMPORTANT ONE; and a cause close to People's heart. People want to know what happened to all missing children and want them found or their perpetrators jailed period.

If Maddie is a cause close to People's heart, then people want her parents brought to justice if for nothing else then at least for NEGLECT. The mccanns cant have it both ways!

According to their bxxxxxxxxd mouthpiece they are waiting for stat counter to go up THEN they will be IN A POSITION TO THINK ABOUT PRESENTING IT - christ on a bike...werent they thinking of presenting it when they started the petition? How many is their cut off point?
What a stupid and lame excuse! Come on if they petition on the government website they only need 2000 signatures.

They have way surpassed that figure, yet they said they are still waiting and thinking whether to present it! If that's not another bogus claim I dont know what it? How many more are they waiting for -- the entire population of UK!

On top of that, logistically it's impossible for officials to determine the authencity of the signatures unless the mccanns are saying their people are monitoring that peititioners are genuine and that the email addys are not throw away addresses and there's no duplication of addresses or petitioners.
I mean without monitoring and vetting then who's to say it isnt someone hired by mccanns to sit in front of a PC, go onto a website, start a petition with a throwaway addy (not for any real intent or purpose other than to spin the public) then fill or grow the petition with faked entries.

Come on, if they want to be taken seriously be honest and tell people Who's behind starting the Petition, and whether the Petition site is genuine or will be official recognised by governmental authorities?

Who do they think they are trying to fool? Their brass neck is beyond belief.
Let's seriously see when they are going to action their words and present it?
Just wait for the next instalment of excuses and bull excretes - its coming UP!

This strategy of theirs has got to do with something behind the scene...else they are just loonies.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth 08.11.10 9:19

"Delighted" is a strange word to use. If I had been up all night deleting unfavourable comments and copy-pasting duplicates, and still only managed to get 20,000 odd, I would be very far from "delighted". In fact I would be really quite pi55ed.
Shibboleth
Shibboleth

Activity : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 08.11.10 9:34

Shibboleth wrote:"Delighted" is a strange word to use. If I had been up all night deleting unfavourable comments and copy-pasting duplicates, and still only managed to get 20,000 odd, I would be very far from "delighted". In fact I would be really quite pi55ed.

Putting defining words to the feelings of the McCanns is something that their PR machine has never managed to get the hang of. However, this is a welcome change from hearing about their fury.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.11.10 10:05

http://blip.tv/file/2103407

Has anyone seen Amaral's documentary (above link) that was banned for release in UK?

It's fantastic. 3 points stood out for me...1) dogs markings 2) the mccanns praying muslims style and 3) GM walking out stomping off the interview when asked for his reactions to the dogs finding remarking that journalists were were talking about investigation which he didnt want to comment. I thought that the most telling. He was totally caught surprised by the dogs and the caught surprised by interviewers questions.

Yet they spin people giving the impression they would want to know about every aspect of the investigations but was denied any information.
But hey...when caught surprise GM himself said he didnt want to know and couldnt comment. Interesting!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 08.11.10 10:13

Oh, I forgot - one more point.

Amaral made an interesting comment:

He said a neighbour witnessed the boot of the mccanns rented car was left opened day and night, and listen to this : the PJ had not heard her statement, so how did mccanns learn about it, that they came out to counter that the blood was from meat bought from supermarket?

Well that's what I heard from the documentary, unless some wants to correct me.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.11.10 9:57

Here we go again...................

Paddy Shennan: High time for review of the Madeleine McCann case
Nov 10 2010 by Paddy Shennan, Liverpool Echo

IT’S not much to ask – either of the authorities or, initially, of us as individuals.

The family of Madeleine McCann, who has now been missing for three and a half years and who has been badly let down by a shocking excuse for a police investigation, is making a very straightforward request.

A request it really shouldn’t have to be making.

If you go to www.findmadeleine.com you will find a link to another website (www.ipetitions.com/petition/madeleinemccann_case_review/) which carries the following words . . .

“We call on the UK and Portuguese authorities to conduct an independent and transparent review of all information in relation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.”

The reader is asked to back this statement by signing the online petition, which was launched last Wednesday and, by yesterday, had received around 30,000 signatures.

That Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry, even had to contemplate taking such action is a sad indictment of what has – and, more importantly, hasn’t – happened, both here and in Portgual.

They have spoken often of leaving no stone unturned in their own attempts to find their daughter – it’s just a terrible pity that the powers-that-be have not had the same attitude, nor displayed the same determination.

The family’s own investigation team is continuing to review all the available information, but it still doesn’t have access to all of the information that the UK and Portuguese authorities have.There is a simple remedy to this – either present ALL the information to the McCanns or, better still, the authorities should do the jobs they have been trained to do and should be expected to do.Shockingly, says Gerry McCann, “for the last two years and three months, no police force has proactively been doing anything to help us find Madeleine.”

And, he adds: “Crucially, there has been no formal review of the material held by the police authorities.”

We can only hope that common sense and common decency now prevail and the family gets the review that it deserves – having so quickly garnered the support from the public it deserves.

The message to the authorities couldn’t be clearer – don’t allow any more time to pass.

To sign the online petition go to http://bit.ly/Maddiepetition

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-entertainment/echo-entertainment/2010/11/10/paddy-shennan-high-time-for-review-of-the-madeleine-mccann-case-100252-27630225/2/#ixzz14s7jOlZJ

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-entertainment/echo-entertainment/2010/11/10/paddy-shennan-high-time-for-review-of-the-madeleine-mccann-case-100252-27630225/#ixzz14s6cWign
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.11.10 10:14

aiyoyo wrote:Oh, I forgot - one more point.

Amaral made an interesting comment:

He said a neighbour witnessed the boot of the mccanns rented car was left opened day and night, and listen to this : the PJ had not heard her statement, so how did mccanns learn about it, that they came out to counter that the blood was from meat bought from supermarket?

Well that's what I heard from the documentary, unless some wants to correct me.

You are correct aiyoyo.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.11.10 10:55

This is better imo

Evening Courier

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/mailbag/My-sympathy-is-with-Madelaine.6620046.jp

Date: 10 November 2010
Shaw Street
Holywell Green

As the McCann saga once again rears its ugly head in the sad case of their daughter Madelaine (left) and her disappearance on 3 May 2007 one can only sympathise. But in my case all my sympathies are for the missing daughter herself.

Clarence Mitchell
, who was in charge of the donating thousands offered to the McCanns is thrilled with the number of people offering their support, and so he should be.

But now the cupboard is once again bare he will be hoping for more wealthy donors.

Both Gerry and Kate McCann are doctors and should at least bear part of the burden, after all it was they that left their three children alone at night in an unlocked apartment.

As a parent myself I feel a lot of sympathy, especially for Maddie who, along with the others should at the very least have had some sort of supervision.

We have all, at sometime or other, been on holiday with our children and gone out at night but, if failing to take them with us, we made sure we had an appropriate baby sitter.

So, while I can feel for the McCanns I can feel more, a lot more, sympathy for Maddie and cannot help wondering if all this re-opening of the hunt for Maddie is at the very least pricing the consciences of the parents Kate and Gerry McCann.

If not, it should certainly do so.

Donald Leach

Comments:

Page 1 of 1

PosterMeerkat,
The Burrow, Boothtown 10/11/2010 08:52:07
While this not a popular view that the McCanns must be partially responsible for the disappearance of their daughter, I have to agree with Mr Leach on this.Report Unsuitable2
Samwise Gamgee,
10/11/2010 09:29:18
#1 I totally disagree.

The McCanns should shoulder a LARGE amount of the responsibility.

Absolute neglect of their duties as parents.Report Unsuitable3
Titus Groan,
Herb Rush 10/11/2010 10:12:08

My sympathies go to both the child and the parents.

The McCanns probably beat themselves up every day without needing me to criticise them.

The whole scenario is a living nightmare for the parents and who knows what for poor little Maddie....all one can hope is that she's alive and happy..God help her.Report Unsuitable4
Wards End Cat,
10/11/2010 10:15:31
#3 If they had been working class they would have been charged with child neglect long ago & their twins would have been made the subjects of Social Services. Instead they go bleating on & on about how nobody is helping them find their daughter, when in fact this couple have had more help than anyone else in their situation. They are a disgrace & Madelaine has paid the price of their bad parenting.
Ben Needham's mother on the other hand has suffered in a gracious way, reminding us of her son's plight from time to time but she has never given up looking for him, herself.Report UnsuitablePrev1Next

Comment on this Story

In order to post comments you must Register or Sign In

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.11.10 11:03

Anyone read this....................

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread628700/pg1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 10.11.10 11:41

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/210560/Kate-McCann-criticises-Theresa-May

Must read article.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.11.10 11:43

aiyoyo wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/210560/Kate-McCann-criticises-Theresa-May

Must read article.

A thread here on that topic aiyoyo

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/mccann-case-f3/anne-widdecombe-not-dancing-to-the-mccanns-tune-t1660.htm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.11.10 17:48

I see on another forum, they have been talking about the McCanns putting a note on the ipetitions website re the donations.

We call on the UK and Portuguese authorities to conduct an independent and transparent review of all information in relation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

* Please only sign the petition once. Duplicate signatures from the same person/Email address will be deleted from the petition before it is finalised. Thank you!

** After signing the petition, the donation window is for iPetitions and NOT the Find Madeleine Campaign. If you would like to make a donation to the Find Madeleine Campaign, you can do so by going to our Website.

Maybe people have been donating on the iPetitions button thinking it was going to the fund

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.12.10 10:47

Thousands sign online petition backing calls for review into Madeleine search

Tuesday, December 07, 2010, 09:30
laura elvin

More than 36,000 people have signed an online petition calling for a review into the search for missing Madeline McCann.

The petition, supported by her parents Kate and Gerry McCann aims to persuade UK and Portuguese authorities to take a fresh look at the investigation into the disappearance of the girl, who vanished during a family holiday in Portugal on May 3, 2007.

Mr and Mrs McCann believe authorities at home and abroad have given up on the investigation and may have overlooked some clues.

Family spokesperson Clarence Mitchell said: "Kate and Gerry are very pleased with the way that it has taken off and are grateful to everyone who has signed it.

"The figures on the petition speak for themselves. The rise has been very satisfying and it really does show the level of public support out there.

"All you hear about is all the critics so its very satisfying to see all the people out there showing support."

In the first 24 hours of the online petition being launched, more than 22,000 people had signed.

Mr Mitchell said the petition would continue to run until signatures stop coming in.

He said: "It's very much an on-going thing and will remain until people stop signing it, when it will be presented as a petition to the UK and Portuguese governments.

"Kate and Gerry want the government and in turn the police to look at all the evidence collected because they feel important aspects and clues could be being missed.

"I'm not sure of the figure that Kate and Gerry have in mind, but when it reaches that level is when we will make a formal representation.

"The amount of signatures is still rising and that's the main thing."

The case into Madeleine's disappearance was closed in July 2008, and since then private investigators, hired by Kate and Gerry, have continued the hunt.

The fund to pay for this, made up of mainly of libel payments and public donations, is set to run out early next year.

A book telling Kate and Gerry's story, due to be released in the first half of next year, is set to raise money to continue the search.

Mr Mitchell said the new book was mainly being written by Kate.

Mr Mitchell said: "Money is still being spent on the investigation and without any more money coming it may run out by spring.

"The book will be coming out around the fourth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance – God forbid we get that far."

To sign the petition, go to:

www.ipetitions.com/ petition/madeleinemccann _case_review/signatures

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/Thousands-calls-Madeleine-review/article-2977115-detail/article.html

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 07.12.10 10:55

candyfloss wrote:I see on another forum, they have been talking about the McCanns putting a note on the ipetitions website re the donations.

We call on the UK and Portuguese authorities to conduct an independent and transparent review of all information in relation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

* Please only sign the petition once. Duplicate signatures from the same person/Email address will be deleted from the petition before it is finalised. Thank you!

** After signing the petition, the donation window is for iPetitions and NOT the Find Madeleine Campaign. If you would like to make a donation to the Find Madeleine Campaign, you can do so by going to our Website.

Maybe people have been donating on the iPetitions button thinking it was going to the fund

Good grief, they cant be more obvious and tacky than that!
Even on ipetition for case review they're directing petitioners to their FUND - wtf.

They are assuming all sorts and fearing their coffer are overlooked. Oh dear ...lots of tiny little tears in Rothley Tower of Horrified residents.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.12.10 11:05

candyfloss wrote:Thousands sign online petition backing calls for review into Madeleine search

Tuesday, December 07, 2010, 09:30
laura elvin

More than 36,000 people have signed an online petition calling for a review into the search for missing Madeline McCann.

The petition, supported by her parents Kate and Gerry McCann aims to persuade UK and Portuguese authorities to take a fresh look at the investigation into the disappearance of the girl, who vanished during a family holiday in Portugal on May 3, 2007.

Mr and Mrs McCann believe authorities at home and abroad have given up on the investigation and may have overlooked some clues.

Family spokesperson Clarence Mitchell said: "Kate and Gerry are very pleased with the way that it has taken off and are grateful to everyone who has signed it.

"The figures on the petition speak for themselves. The rise has been very satisfying and it really does show the level of public support out there.

"All you hear about is all the critics so its very satisfying to see all the people out there showing support."

In the first 24 hours of the online petition being launched, more than 22,000 people had signed.

Mr Mitchell said the petition would continue to run until signatures stop coming in.

He said: "It's very much an on-going thing and will remain until people stop signing it, when it will be presented as a petition to the UK and Portuguese governments.
"Kate and Gerry want the government and in turn the police to look at all the evidence collected because they feel important aspects and clues could be being missed.

"I'm not sure of the figure that Kate and Gerry have in mind, but when it reaches that level is when we will make a formal representation.

"The amount of signatures is still rising and that's the main thing."

The case into Madeleine's disappearance was closed in July 2008, and since then private investigators, hired by Kate and Gerry, have continued the hunt.

The fund to pay for this, made up of mainly of libel payments and public donations, is set to run out early next year.

A book telling Kate and Gerry's story, due to be released in the first half of next year, is set to raise money to continue the search.

Mr Mitchell said the new book was mainly being written by Kate.

Mr Mitchell said: "Money is still being spent on the investigation and without any more money coming it may run out by spring.

"The book will be coming out around the fourth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance – God forbid we get that far."

To sign the petition, go to:

www.ipetitions.com/ petition/madeleinemccann _case_review/signatures

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/Thousands-calls-Madeleine-review/article-2977115-detail/article.html

Obviously been reading the forums where people have said she could be found by then.

No rush then

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Madeleine's parents seek support from London and Lisbon to review the case - Page 5 Empty Thousands sign online petition backing calls for review into Madeleine search

Post by annabel 07.12.10 13:23

deleted, double posted
annabel
annabel

Activity : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by soulthief 07.12.10 13:42

It will keep going till people stop signing? That for the love of God does that mean? So in other words it might not get passed on for months/years? Persoanlly I would want it handed in like yesterday, that is if my child was in a lair with a paedo, urghh they really are scum :puke:
soulthief

Activity : 725

https://www.youtube.com/user/xS0ulThiefx

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 07.12.10 13:49

You will TM and well you know it. You wouldn't be writing this book if you thought Madeleine would be found. God forbid that the lot of you are not behind bars by the time the 4th anniversary of your daughter's disappearance comes around.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.12.10 13:53

Annabel have merged your post in with this topic as it is already posted here and being discussed thumbsup
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarence Darling x 09.12.10 0:02

A little quote from the master of publicity and media representation. The very pretty and not at all nylon rug attired Clarence Michelle.

"All you hear about is the critics, so it is very satisfying to see all the people out there showing support"

Mr Michelle said the petition will continue to run until the signatures stop coming in.....so he has failed utterly if "All you hear is the critics". But the silent masses..22,000 in the first day, and now 36,000 are there ready to rally to the cause. With the signatures probably set to pour in for ever and ever, it will never get sent to Portugal and thus the request for a review will never actually be recieved, thus thus there may never actually be a review. Is there a flaw in that plan Clarence?

All they can do to fight the good cause is attack and abuse those who ask questions, now they seek to attack the remarkable soursce of information the McCannfiles. Perhaps there is just too much information on the site. Perhaps they want people to realise that the lovely Ms Tanner was miss quoted, and selected parts of her rogatory interview have been used and abused.

I must confess i did not realise she spoke fluent Portuguese and her statements were given in that language and then translated a few times back into English in various forms for some odd reason. I have got that right haven't i? Must go, got to go sign a petition a few hundred times x
Clarence Darling x
Clarence Darling x

Activity : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 09.12.10 5:00

Clarence Darling x wrote:A little quote from the master of publicity and media representation. The very pretty and not at all nylon rug attired Clarence Michelle.

"All you hear about is the critics, so it is very satisfying to see all the people out there showing support.

That statement shows they're aware of critics and very bugged by it.

If you're thinking of the same petition I might pop in to sign it next month. I bet it will still be there at least until after the book launch. There is no deadline nor target number so no need to hurry to do it. If fact they would much prefer it if people do their hundreds of signature in batches every fortnight to keep it going for eternity. That way they can wheel out their pinky and say public support is ongoing to lure people into parting with cash to buy their product. The i-petition is a begging bowl in disguise to pretend they are serious about their search to target vulnerable and guillable people 's money.
They are after delayed-action support and would be very satisfied if people comply accordingly because it suits their purpose.
I think they are collecting statistics more than anything else. They are no way going to present that to any authority because they know v. well no police is looking for Maddie.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarence Darling x 09.12.10 7:58

Oh i am sure public support is ongoing, after all as you say if lots of people get together and sign it on mass in blocks that is proof isn't it that people are getting together and signing it. I dare say when eventually the petition is finally put forward for scrutiny we will see that lots of these people all got together and used the same computer to log on and sign up. Such is the feeling on the street.

After all look at the despicable anti's. Pervs and nutters all 19 of them, yet they seem to run a myriad of capable websites and blogs around the world and manage to post again and again.

I urge anyone and every nutter to send people to the McCannfiles as there is so much info on there and the recent Tannergate scandal of how her words were twisted in translation are worth a read. A little micro view of how the whole media machine is being managed.
Clarence Darling x
Clarence Darling x

Activity : 88

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top