The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by DCB1 on 14.12.09 14:29

On another thread TB said that Eddie alerted to the floor of the Scenic.

I may have missed it, could anyone give me link to this alert please?

DCB1

Posts : 334
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by sans_souci on 14.12.09 15:42

You may have a long wait.

sans_souci

Posts : 58
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by Guest on 14.12.09 16:45

It isn't going to make it into the Christmas Special of 10 20 50 or 0 reasons is it?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by DCB1 on 14.12.09 16:50

Well he must have got it from somewhere, The question is, where?

DCB1

Posts : 334
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04

Back to top Go down

Eddie barks like mad and even bites because he smells the smell of a human corpse inside the Renault Scenic

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.12.09 18:35

DCB1 wrote:On another thread TB said that Eddie alerted to the floor of the Scenic.

I may have missed it, could anyone give me link to this alert please?
Here it is, from Martin Grime's original statement:

Canine vehicle searches

Ten vehicles were screened in an underground multi-storey car park at Portimao. The vehicles, of which I did not know the owner details, were parked on an empty floor with 20-30 feet [6 to 9 metres] between each. The vehicle placement video recording and management of the process was conducted by the PJ.


The EVRD was then tasked to search the area. When passing a vehicle I now know to be hired and in the possession of the McCann family, the dog's behaviour changed substantially. This then produced an alert indication at the lower part of the driver’s door where the dog was biting and barking. I recognise this behaviour as the dog indicating scent emitting from the inside of the vehicle through the seal around the door.

This vehicle was then subjected to a full physical examination by the PJ and no human remains were found. The CSI dog was then tasked to screen the vehicle. An alert indication was forthcoming from the rear driver's side of the boot area. Forensic samples were taken by the PJ and forwarded to a forensic laboratory [the Forensic Science Service] in the UK.

It is my view that it is possible that the EVRD is alerting to 'cadaver scent' contaminant or human blood scent. No evidential or intelligence reliability can be made from this alert unless it can be confirmed with corroborating evidence. The remainder of the vehicles were screened by the EVRD without any interest being shown. Therefore the CSI dog was not further deployed.
avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14701
Reputation : 2835
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by DCB1 on 14.12.09 18:42

Where does that say that Eddie - the EVRD dog - alerted to the floor of the Scenic?

The only time the word floor is used in what you quote is "were parked on an empty floor with 20-30 feet [6 to 9 metres] between each"

DCB1

Posts : 334
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by DCB1 on 14.12.09 18:48

i really hope that you did notice this from the report you quoted:

"It is my view that it is possible that the EVRD is alerting to 'cadaver scent' contaminant or human blood scent"

Read it very carefully.

DCB1

Posts : 334
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by DCB1 on 14.12.09 18:58

In case you didn't know - Eddie was not deployed inside the car! (as far as reports/videos that I have read/seen)

DCB1

Posts : 334
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by preciousramotswe on 14.12.09 19:23

He definitely was not DCB.
Grimes stated that when an alert has been made by Eddie the other dog is immediately sent in.

preciousramotswe

Posts : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by DCB1 on 14.12.09 19:28

badmanners wrote:He definitely was not DCB.
Grimes stated that when an alert has been made by Eddie the other dog is immediately sent in.

No - in the case of the car the PJ forensic team apparently went in the car before keela.

DCB1

Posts : 334
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by Old Nick on 14.12.09 19:29

Details, shmetails. Why does everyone have to be so pernickety? Leave Tony alone.

Old Nick

Posts : 154
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 51
Location : Hades

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by preciousramotswe on 14.12.09 19:31

You are right, of course. The PJ searched it first - my 'immediately' referrred to to no internal screening by the EVRD dog.

preciousramotswe

Posts : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by DCB1 on 14.12.09 19:31

What? (to Old Nick)

DCB1

Posts : 334
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by Old Nick on 14.12.09 19:33

What what? (To DCB1)

Old Nick

Posts : 154
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 51
Location : Hades

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by preciousramotswe on 14.12.09 19:34

what what what?? bashful

preciousramotswe

Posts : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by DCB1 on 14.12.09 19:36

Exact details don't matter to some people in the case of a missing child apparently.

DCB1

Posts : 334
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04

Back to top Go down

A cheap, smug point by DCB1

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.12.09 22:47

DCB1 wrote:On another thread TB said that Eddie alerted to the floor of the Scenic.

I may have missed it, could anyone give me link to this alert please?
So, what was the purpose of this OP, DCB1?

Was it to advance the debate on what really happened to Madeleine McCann?

No, it was to try to make a cheap, smug point, and, talking of 'smug', in chimes sans-souci, right on cue, saying 'you'll have a long wait for an answer'.

But you didn't have a long wait, did you?

And the answer I gave you was not what you wanted.

If we go to the source, we find that Eddie, who is trained to alert only to human corpses*, and has been right on 100% of occasions*, never alerting falsely, finds:

Canine vehicle searches - The EVRD was then tasked to search the area. When passing a vehicle I now know to be hired and in the possession of the McCann family, the dog's behaviour changed substantially. This then produced an alert indication at the lower part of the driver’s door where the dog was biting and barking. I recognise this behaviour as the dog indicating scent emitting from the inside of the vehicle through the seal around the door.

So, he sniffs the scent of a corpse which was being emitted from, and I quote directly from the source: "The inside of the vehicle through the seal around the door".

So then the bloodhound, the CSI dog, Keela, is brought in. And this is what we learn from Keela:

This vehicle was then subjected to a full physical examination by the PJ and no human remains were found. The CSI dog was then tasked to screen the vehicle. An alert indication was forthcoming from the rear driver's side of the boot area. Forensic samples were taken by the PJ and forwarded to a forensic laboratory [the Forensic Science Service] in the UK.

So, just where Eddie has sniffed the corpse, Keela confirms the location more precisely as, and again I quote from the source: "The rear driver's side of the boot area".

Putting those two reports together, we get, in short: "Eddie alerted to the floor of the Scenic". Or if I had put it even more precisely, Eddie and Keela alerted to the floor of the scenic.

Their combined noses sniffed a corpse and blood in the same location, on the floor of the Renault Scenic.

Now of course I'm aware that Martin Grime is guadred in his language. He wrotes:

"It is my view that it is possible that the EVRD is alerting to 'cadaver scent' contaminant or human blood scent. No evidential or intelligence reliability can be made from this alert unless it can be confirmed with corroborating evidence".

However, against this, we have the obviosu fact that, especially with his 100% track record, Eddie is deployed at great expense for one purpose only - to tell the police where a dead body has been.

And that's what Eddie faithfully reported.

The Portuguese Police could not find absolute proof that the body fluids/blood in the car were Madeleine's, hence no-one was charged. But - despite the best efforts of McCann-believers to rubbish the dogs - wasn't it our very own Dr Gerald McCann who said they were 'incredibly unreliable', or 'notoriously unrelieable', something like that - we can all use our judgment, listen to Martin Grime on YouTube discussing the dogs' olfactory powers, watch Eddie alert, watch Keela alert, and then make up our own minds about what we think happened. Our thoughts may not be a court of law. But we may nevertheless be right in the conclusions we come to.

And let's not forget Eddie's previous track record:


EVRD OPERATIONAL CASEWORK EXAMPLES

1. Northern Ireland, U.K. A missing person, last seen returning from church, on foot, in N. Ireland. The search of suspects’ 'burnt out vehicle' by forensic scientists did not reveal any evidence. A search by the E.V.R.D. identified a position in the rear passenger foot-well where the dog alerted to the presence of human material. A sample was taken and when analysed revealed the victim’s DNA. The enquiry then concentrated its efforts on the suspect and the E.V.R.D. located the body of the woman in a river-bank deposition site. Further searches identified a location where the E.V.R.D. alerted in the front bedroom of the offender’s empty next-door dwelling house. When interviewed, the suspect admitted that the body had lain in the room for 1 hour prior to disposal. Forensic teams were unable to extract any forensic evidence despite being shown the exact position.

2. Wiltshire, England, U.K. A female was abducted by her ex-boyfriend. Intelligence suggested that her ex-boyfriend had taken her to his house. A search by the EVRD of the house resulted in small blood stains being alert indicated and forensically confirmed as her blood. The suspect, a builder, was in possession of a van. This was searched and the EVRD dog alerted to a 'wacker plate', spirit level, and a shovel. A site was identified where the suspect had been working. The EVRD then located the body deposition site in an area of a garbage base that had been prepared by the suspect. He had returned with the dead girl, dug a grave in the centre, placed the body in the hole, replaced the spoil and then used the shovel, wacker plate and spirit level to return the ground to its original state.

3. Devon, England, U.K. A female was abducted and her whereabouts were unknown. The suspect was a bus driver. An initial search by the E.V.R.D. alerted at a location near to a sighting of the suspect in suspicious circumstances. A forensic search at the alert location revealed a small button off of the girls clothing in long grass. The offender confessed to the murder and confirmed her body had been initially temporarily placed at the dog's alert location.

4. Cornwall, England, U.K. A woman was reported missing by her partner. A search of the suspect’s house by the EVRD was conducted who indicated on the living room carpet. No forensic evidence was recovered. Subsequently a diary written by the suspect was alert indicated by the dog. The diary had written extracts that the offender had laid the victim on the carpet whilst dead, the diary had in fact been written by the suspect who had handled the body. This was confirmed by the offender in interview.

++++++++++++++++

* I know Eddie was initially trained in scenting human blood as well as human cadaverine. But his past role has clearly been to sniff out where a corpse has been, not blood.

++++++++++++++++

You might think you scored a clever point there, DCB1. But all you have done is nicely re-focus attention for us all on the powerful evidence provided for us all by the team of Martin Grime, Eddie and Keela.
avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14701
Reputation : 2835
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by MaryB on 14.12.09 23:00

I wonder if the dogs will get a mention in this court case due next month. The one that was postponed.
avatar
MaryB

Posts : 204
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by Guest on 14.12.09 23:05

No Bennett i think it is to point out that just ba=ecause a little doggy barks it does not mean that there is evidence Madeleine died. Also you stated Eddie scented something on the floor of the Scenic, when clearer he did not.

So you are wrong again Bennett
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by Guest on 14.12.09 23:05

I Think they Will MaryB, they are Amaral's Whole Case. The Strongest Evidence pointing to the McCanns' Involvement.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by MaryB on 14.12.09 23:18

I hope they get a mention too. I heard they are very reliable. That's why they are used such a lot in these serious cases. If they weren't any good they wouldn't be used. That's what I think anyway.
avatar
MaryB

Posts : 204
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by Guest on 14.12.09 23:26

MaryB wrote:I hope they get a mention too. I heard they are very reliable. That's why they are used such a lot in these serious cases. If they weren't any good they wouldn't be used. That's what I think anyway.

Aye, very good at finding coconuts i heard
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

See Steve Syvret's blog for further information

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.12.09 23:30

muratfan01 wrote:Aye, very good at finding coconuts, I heard
Yes, if you believe the sadistic paedophiles in the Jersey political and judicial establishment - see Steve Syvret's blog for further information:

http://stuartsyvret.blogspot.com/
avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14701
Reputation : 2835
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by Guest on 14.12.09 23:31

Tony Can you Explain to this Non-Brit Why those Particular Dogs are so Well Known? We have Cadaver Dogs but I don't Know of any of the Teams or their Handlers by name.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bennett identifies a new Eddie alert - could it re-open the case?

Post by Guest on 14.12.09 23:31

Ah Bennett once again divert attention away.

The evidence was not there to back things up was it.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum