The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 4 Mm11

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 4 Mm11

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 4 Regist10

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 4 Empty Re: Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary

Post by Mainline 11.03.19 16:37

Dannz wrote:@Mainline

Do you know what Katherine Sullivan's role is at Netflix?  If Pulse Films referred you to her, that would be worth pursuing. 

The response from customer services wasn't helpful but didn't get very far as he probably could only see what is currently listed.

I don't. It wasn't mentioned to me what her role is, and googling her name/email I can't find any Katherine Sullivan associated with Netflix. Found a few journalists but all writers.
Mainline
Mainline

Activity : 307

https://h42a.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 4 Empty Re: Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary

Post by NickE 11.03.19 18:06

Mainline wrote:
NickE wrote:
Mainline wrote:Just spoke to Pulse Films London office, and was told they are not able to comment on it, I should contact someone at Netflix. He was only able to confirm that it 'was something we are involved in' (exact words).
And Netflix gave me different explanations.
Maybe I'am wrong but it feel's there something fishy here.
Just had a similarly unhelpful chat very much along the same lines:

Your issue is:   Seeking to find whether a documentary is real  

You are now chatting with: Jamaicah

Netflix  Jamaicah

Hi there! You got through Netflix Chat Support. Let me help you with your inquiry. To locate the right account, may I have your name and email please?

You  

Hello, are you able to verify whether the Madeleine McCann documentary is real or left production phase? It has been removed from netflix upcoming and the studio (Pulse films) said they are unable to comment on it. I'm not a member presently.

Netflix  Jamaicah

I do apologize but at this point, all we can confirm is that upon checking the content library, there is no such documentaries currently available. At this point, to see the latest Netflix news, please Click Here to see links for our official social media websites.

You  

Its been reported that it is being released either this week or mid April. Is there any way of seeing if it's upcoming?

Netflix  Jamaicah

There is no indications of such on our end. That is why we provided the links to our social media sites as they will provide the release dates once we are able to secure the show

You  

It's not on the list on the page you gave me

You  

Ok. So its not possible to say it's upcoming, is there any way to verify it exists?

Netflix  Jamaicah

Not on our end, I do apologize

You  

Do you know who I can contact to find out? Pulse told me to contact Katherine Sullivan at Netflix, but she hasnt responded to my email

Netflix  Jamaicah

I really do apologize but we do not have such contact information on the customer service platform. The most we can offer is our social media sites as any announcements for any upcoming shows will be surely posted there

You  

That's fair enough. Thanks for the help.

So, Pulse films wont comment on it beyond acknowledging their previous involvement, and Netflix can't confirm if it even exists. Fishy indeed.
Odd.
 I've also made contact with several of Netflix Soc media channels and accounts, but no replies.

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddington2007 11.03.19 18:36

Odd article from Metro today

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/11/netflixs-madeleine-mccann-documentary-delayed-will-air-8882364/

What does the final para mean?

“April has widely been given as its reported debut, however, Kate and Jerry McCann should be released some time in April.”
Paddington2007

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 11.03.19 20:24

Sloppy journalism from a third rate gossip machine. I wonder who is behind it.. thinking smilie

spin

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannz 12.03.19 15:13

I think it is typo missing “the series about” (Kate and Gerry...).

They released a statement saying that the film could potentially hinder the police investigation into their daughter’s disappearance, which is still active.”

In McCannish this means it questions the abduction story. It will be interesting to see if Netflix really have been forced to cut it down from 8 parts to an insipid reflection of the McCann version. With 1st Amendment constitutional protection against prior restraint, that would point to US Government involvement with national interest as grounds for non-disclosure. 
Dannz
Dannz

Activity : 173

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddington2007 13.03.19 17:50

Guardian article saying Netflix will release on Friday.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/13/netflix-to-stream-madeleine-mccann-series-after-delays-and-disputes
Paddington2007

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 13.03.19 18:10

"Those who are thought to have given interviews include the Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral and the journalists Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan, who wrote a book on the case. Others include people questioned by the Portuguese police such as the Briton Robert Murat and the Russian Sergey Malinka, plus the child protection experts Jim Gamble and Ernie Allan.

Some associates of the McCanns did take part. Brian Kennedy, the millionaire businessman who helped fund the initial search for Madeleine, has also talked to the show."
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 13.03.19 18:13

NB "However, media lawyers pointed out Netflix documentaries remain available to view for substantial periods of time, meaning the risk of libel damages could be higher than with a traditional one-off TV broadcast."
sar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 13.03.19 19:09

Great.

We will have the great privilege of tuning in to the collective wisdom in this case of...

Brian Kennedy
Jim Gamble
Ernie Allen
Robert Murat
Sergey Malinka
Anthony Summers &
Robyn Swan.

What a bunch.

I think I know where this documentary is going.

Poor Madeleine McCann

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 13.03.19 20:40

Tony, how many times have we been this way before over the past eleven years.

New documentary; new book; new video; new exclusive blah

Logic, no strike that, common sense dictates that these 'new kids on the block' are never going to offer anything new. It will either be a McCann initiative or some wannabe opportunist with a very sketchy idea of case detail taken from here there and everywhere.

Who would ever believe this is all about a missing little three year old child?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 14.03.19 4:53

Madeleine McCann 'is alive': Top child protection police officer claims mystery of missing girl WILL be solved in new Netflix documentary

• EXCLUSIVE: the streaming giant is due to trail the show tomorrow morning
  • The programme is expected to be a global hit and will go live on Friday
  • Police chief Goncalo Amaral is set to feature as part of the new series 
  • Protection officer Jim Gamble said advances in tech mean she could be found
  • Maddie's parents Kate and Gerry had hit out at Netflix last week saying the documentary could hamper the search for their daughter
  • The pair have also threatened to sue Goncalo Amaral for his allegations

By Tracey Kandohla updated 14 March 2019

A top British police officer says the mystery of Maddie McCann will be solved in his lifetime in claims made during a new bombshell Netflix documentary, due to be released this week. 
Jim Gamble, the senior child protection officer in UK's first investigation into the youngster's dissapearance, says: 'I absolutely believe that in my lifetime we will find out what has happened to Madeleine McCann', the Sun reported.
'There's huge hope to be had with the advances in technology. Year on year DNA is getting better. Year on year other techniques, including facial recognition, are getting better.
'And as we use that technology to revisit and review that which we captured in the past, there's every likelihood that something we already know will slip into position.'
This is while other experts suggest that the youngster is likely to have been 'kept alive' by traffickers due to her financial value as a 'middle-class British girl'.

Private investigator Julian Peribanez, who was hired by the McCann family suggests that traffickers 'usually go for lower-class kids from third world countries'. 
He said: 'That's the main supplier of these gangs.
'The value that Madeleine had was really high because if they took her it's because they were going to get a lot of money.' 
The documentary also hears from the former Portuguese police chief, who claimed Madeleine McCann is dead and that her parents faked her kidnap in one of the key interviewees of the new Netflix movie about the missing girl.
The streaming giant is due to trail the show tomorrow morning with the first programme in the series - already predicted to be a huge global hit - going live on Friday.

Maddie's parents Kate and Gerry had hit out at Netflix last week saying the documentary could hamper the search for their daughter.
The company was locked in crisis talks and even considered shelving it but has decided 'the show must go on.'
The McCanns, who refused to take part in the project and declined to watch a preview, will be infuriated that their tormentor Goncalo Amaral - 'a thorn in our sides' - is set to be starring in it.
The couple, who are still challenging a libel win by the ex Portuguese detective in the highest court in the land, will be 'horrified to learn' that the worldwide streaming service has interviewed the retired officer. He accused them of covering up their daughter's accidental death in a holiday apartment nearly 12 years ago.
A pal of the McCann's said last night: 'Kate and Gerry will be mortified and horrified to learn that one of the lead roles has gone to Mr Amaral who has caused them so much extra hurt and pain over the years. He has been a thorn in their sides since the very beginning.'
Oscar-winning Netflix has simply named the show 'The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann' and is is boasting it has 'riveting' new interviews with key investigators as the 12th anniversary of the world's most famous missing child cases approaches in May.

MailOnline first exclusively revealed that Kate and Gerry wanted 'nothing to do with' the drama which has cost up to a reported £20 million.
Heart doctor Gerry, 50, and former GP Kate, 51, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said in a joint statement released by spokesperson Clarence Mitchell a week ago. 'The production company told us that they were making the documentary and asked us to participate. We did not see and still do not see how this programme will help the search for Madeleine and, particularly given there is an active police investigation, could potentially hinder it.

'Consequently, o­­ur views and preferences are not reflected in the programme. We will not be making any further statements or giving interviews regarding this programme.'
They spoke out after the Home Office confirmed it was considering a new request for extra funding from Scotland Yard to continue the hunt for Maddie - giving them hope there is 'still work left to be done.'
couple from Rothley, Leics, added: 'Consequently, o­­ur views and preferences are not reflected in the programme. We will not be making any further statements or giving interviews regarding this programme.'
Three-year-old Maddie vanished from a holiday apartment in Portugal's Praia da Luz in May 2007 while her parents were dining with pals in a nearby tapas restaurant. She had been left sleeping alone with her younger twin siblings Sean and Amelie with regular half hourly checks being made on the children. Her parents cling onto a glimmer of hope their eldest child could still be found alive.She would now be aged 15, nearly 16.
The McCanns, their family, official spokesperson, 'Tapas Seven' holiday pals, British police and UK private investigators have also snubbed the venture.
Maddie's parents had received numerous requests from producers Pulse Films over the past 18 months.
A source close to the movie makers, which scooped three awards at last month's Oscars for Roma, which follows the life of a live-in housekeeper of a middle-class family in Mexico City - said: 'Everyone everywhere is fascinated by the Maddie story. We would have welcomed the opportunity of working with the McCanns directly but they informed us they couldn't and wouldn't consider taking part while a police investigation is into their daughter's abduction is ongoing.
'But we have interesting new interviews with people close to the inquiry and we believe we can give justice to this unbelievably tragic story.'
An insider at Pulse Films said: 'Netflix are hoping it will be a massive hit.'
Retired Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral is among the key interviewees. In his best seller book 'The Truth of the Lie'he accuses Maddie's parents - who were once suspects in their daughter's disappearance - of faking her kidnap after she accidentally died in the holiday flat.
Kate and Gerry sued him in April 2009 for libel and their fight has ended up in the European Court of Human Rights.
Kate in her 2011 heart wrenching best seller book 'Madeleine' writes about Mr Amaral : 'That man has caused us so much upset and anger because of how he has treated my beautiful Madeleine and the search to find her. Here was a person who had been entrusted with finding our little girl and who failed her.'
The search for Maddie - who was just nine days away from her fourth birthday - has became the most high-profile missing person investigation in history. The youngster's face in iconic pictures is recognisable around the world.
Netflix has had a string of successful true crime documentaries including hit documentary Making A Murderer on wrongly jailed American student Amanda Knox for British student Meredith Kercher's murder.
And the streaming service scooped three gongs at the Oscars for Best Director for Roma, Best Cinematography and Foreign Language Film while being nominated for Best Picture.
The Maddie movie will examine the high profile case and interview key figures and investigators. Film makers have made several trips to the family's village to speak to locals and have also interviewed journalists who have been covering the story over the years.
The McCann's have so far failed in their long running court battle to silence Mr Amaral over claims he made against them. They were eleft angry and disappointed after Portugal's top court threw out their libel claim against the ex cop in January 2017. They vowed to contest the judgement, slamming it as 'terrible.'
Kate, now a medical worker, had previously said that Mr Amaral's poisonous words had been 'very upsetting and incomprehensible.' She added: 'It has caused a lot of frustration and anger which is a real negative emotion.'
Victorious Mr Amaral said: 'I'm pleased I have a court ruling which defends the freedom of expression.'

The Policia Judiciaria inspector led the initial bungled hunt for Maddie but was later pulled off the case after criticising British police assisting.
In his once banned book Mr Amaral claims Maddie accidentally died in an accident at the holiday flat or by being given an overdose of sedatives. It is based on statements from Portuguese police files which are open to the public.
Maddie's parents fiercely denied his allegations. In their original 36-page writ they described Mr Amaral as a self obsessed, manipulative money-grabber and accuse him of libel and breaching their and their now 14-year-old twins human rights.
The divorcee, 59, has since blamed Kate and Gerry for wrecking his marriage and his career by taking legal action against him in June 2009.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6805799/Police-chief-claimed-Madeleine-McCann-dead-key-role-new-Netflix-documentary.html

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41059

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.19 8:20

Isn't it just amazing that the Netflix documentary is '''dropping' just 3 episodes into the Australian 9 podcasts. You'd almost think this was some sort of reaction but that would be seen as some nutty conspiracy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 14.03.19 8:46

Hidden in that piece are some pearls.

Year on year DNA is getting better.
 there's every likelihood that something we already know will slip into position.
Goncalo Amaral -  is set to be starring in it.
The couple,- will be 'horrified to learn' that the worldwide streaming service has interviewed the retired officer.
Retired Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral is among the key interviewees. 
In his best seller book 'The Truth of the Lie' he accuses Maddie's parents - who were once suspects in their daughter's disappearance - of faking her kidnap after she accidentally died in the holiday flat.
Netflix has had a string of successful true crime documentaries
 Film makers have made several trips to the family's village to speak to locals
The McCann's have so far failed in their long running court battle to silence Mr Amaral
In his once banned book Mr Amaral claims Maddie accidentally died in an accident at the holiday flat or by being given an overdose of sedatives. 
It is based on statements from Portuguese police files which are open to the public.

We cannot expect much, except that some of the facts are once again put into the public domain.  
Not all people are stupid and uncritical.

To bash it home, there is a difference between a documentary which says
"Jane Tanner saw a man carrying a child," and one which words it as 
"Jane Tanner says she saw a man carrying a child".

Without Gonçalo I would have expected the former.
With him as a "key interviewee" - I reserve judgment.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.19 8:54

@PeterMac
Whilst I agree Peter that there is some interesting snippets the daily mail headline is ..

Madeleine McCann was snatched by traffickers because she was white and middle class, claims controversial new Netflix documentary 

It's difficult to believe Amaral would want to be involved in a documentary with that conclusion, however let's wait and see, pre-judging may not be the best plan
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainline 14.03.19 9:43

Mainline
Mainline

Activity : 307

https://h42a.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 14.03.19 11:22

BOGART !!! Oh my gawd ....

smokin

This is going to be good!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Wbl189 14.03.19 12:25

İt's to n Netflix!!!! İt's called The Disappearance of Madeline McCann and the first episode is tomorrow!
Wbl189
Wbl189

Activity : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 14.03.19 12:45

I'm astonished to see Jane Tanner's "Tannerman" included in this trailer. I take it Netflix is up to speed with Operation Grange who have said this sighting is completely irrelevant to Madeleine's disappearance! Presumably that fact will be made clear in the full length broadcast!
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.03.19 13:09

Phoebe wrote:I'm astonished to see Jane Tanner's "Tannerman" included in this trailer. I take it Netflix is up to speed with Operation Grange who have said this sighting is completely irrelevant to Madeleine's disappearance! Presumably that fact will be made clear in the full length broadcast!
If Netflix is going to get anywhere near the truth then of course they should include tannerman as it's integral to the story. Hopefully Dr Amaral will quickly quash it as the PJ were 'on to her' right away

eta. It's also probably the most well known sighting (in the public domain) so needs to be dealt with
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 14.03.19 13:17

indeedy
sar

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp 14.03.19 14:12

Mainline wrote:
Hi mainline, sorry to be flippant, "Ask the Dogs Sandra" aka Gerry McCann reply to reporter Sandra Felgueiras!
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 14.03.19 14:23

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 4 Netfli10

Not sure where this has actually come from as I can't find it anywhere (captured from Controversy FB site under a Sonia Poulton post),

but 'detective's mistaken belief that they played a part' looks ominous.

Could have just said 'belief'?
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp 14.03.19 14:47

Hi DougD, "Mistaken Belief", Belief, it is what comes before, "Detectives?

The Detective could be mistaken, but the "Parent's, Tapas 7/9" at No time were mistaken!

They all chose Not to Return to Portugal to enact the final night involving the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, 3 May 2007?

In the UK and outside the UK,the UK Government and British Broadcasting Service, MSM,NoTW,Sun, Murdoch have spent Millions of pounds in assistance to,Operation Grange,Oct 13, 2014 Crime Watch Special,Richard Bilton Specials,Mr J. Totman "Creche Dad"re-enactment, not knowing anyone had been looking for Him since 2007?

Now Colin Sutton, the Portugal PJ should have made a "Reconstruction" of the final night?
Perhaps Mr Sutton could have a word with Clarence,Tapas 7/9, parents Kate Gerry over any NDA applicable to this event in Portugal and their Non attendance when requested by Portugal PJ!?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 14.03.19 14:52

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 4 9ab25a01-6d8b-49fb-995e-9f83dedf3318

https://media.netflix.com/en/only-on-netflix#/new?page=1

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 14.03.19 14:55

Scotland Yard mobilised a major investigation ....

Fundamental error ^^^ before it even starts  waiting . Still, I've waited months for this new revelation - what's another day or two.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top