The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Mm11

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Mm11

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Regist10

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Empty Re: Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary

Post by Verdi 01.01.20 20:58

of course the description is frustratingly vague ....

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Eggman10

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Empty Re: Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary

Post by Verdi 02.01.20 0:11

I have now watched the first two parts of this lengthy Netflix production and I'm ashamed to admit - it was worth the effort.

For starters it personifies my cynical view of the media and the way they work - if that be the right word to describe their function. Journalists are ruthless bloodthirsty predators, I can even now see exactly how Sandra Felgueiras was operating. I can't say she turned traitor, I think she was just doing what journalists do best - sensationalism and career advancement.

Jon Clarke of the Olive Press features prominently in the first part, which is interesting in itself - especially concerning his emphasis on journalist, Lori Campbell and her suspicions about Robert Murat. Watching and listening, it does appear that Robert Murat was set-up by the McCanns group and the UK press.

The production contains quite a lot of video coverage I've never before seen. No doubt in press agency archives if you've got half a life to waste looking. Also quite a lot of press coverage I've never seen before - or forgotten.

Father Hubbard and his other half have something to say in defence of the McCanns as the former chief executive of the CEOP, Jim Gamble, has quite a lot to say about .... err, well anything and everything really.

Enter Summer and Swann, affectionately known as Winters and Goose. They wouldn't recognize truth if it jumped out and bit 'em on the bum - I think we can confidently disregard anything emanating from that source.

Oh and just for the record .... the crime scene was contaminated before the Portuguese police were contacted. Please stop trying to suggest the police failed to preserve the crime scene.

My summary at this stage .... the production is a Portuguese police assassination. The interrogation of Sergei Malinka even dares to portray Snr Amaral as some sort of thug.

To be continued ....

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.01.20 0:14

Before I forget, someone during part 1, refers to Madeleine McCann as a very attractive child.

!!!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 02.01.20 7:46

May I respectfully remind all readers and watchers of the Netflix fantasy of

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/2016/01/chapter-31-jon-clarke-olive-press-lies.html

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/2016/07/chapter-33-jon-clarke-entrenched-lies.html

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/2016/08/chapter-34-decline-and-fall-of-modern.html

Jon Clarke has lied consistently for the past 12 years, and continues to repeat his bizarre stories, even when it is clear from the contemporaneous video being shown on the screen during his 'voice over' that he is lying, and even when the various stories he gives are not themselves compatible one with another.

It is beyond belief that he didn't at the very least 'tone it down' a bit.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.01.20 15:09

Robert Murat features quite prominently in the first part of this Netflix production.  Whether he agreed to be directly interviewed for the show, or the video clips have been taken from elsewhere i wouldn't like to hazard a guess, I only know I haven't seen them anywhere beforehand.

Anyway, moving on..

At one point he refers to an incident with officers of the PJ, when he claims .... 'I think they were trying to get me pissed to get me talking but they were out of luck - I don't drink'!  (Not the exact words, I'll check later).

I thought this an interesting point considering the allegation made by Martin Smith in his witness statement taken on 26th May 2007..

Adds that in May and August of 2006, he saw ROBERT MURAT in Praia da Luz bars. On one of these occasions, the first, he was inebriated and spoke to everyone. He did not wear glasses at that time. He also states that the individual who carried the child was not ROBERT. He would have recognised him immediately.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.01.20 7:05

https://www.newstalk.com/news/disappearance-madeleine-mccann-popular-show-netflix-2019-943672
Netflix has revealed its 10 most popular films and shows of 2019.
The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann is at the top of the streaming giant's list for the UK and Ireland.

That means that Jon Clarke has now been exposed across the entire United Kingdom as the Liar he is.
He has nowhere to hide, no excuse, and no opportunity to apologise and explain.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.01.20 14:53

The Find Madeleine Co Ltd aside, it's good to see someone is still making money on the back of a little innocent child - a child without a voice..

‘The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann’ Producer Emma Cooper Establishes Empress Films Following Success Of Netflix Doc Series

EXCLUSIVE: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann producer Emma Cooper has launched her own production company following the success of the Netflix documentary series.

Cooper, who resigned from Shut Up And Play The Hits producer Pulse Films last year, where she was Global President of Non-Fiction, has established Empress Films.

This comes after Netflix revealed that The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, which Cooper exec produced for the Vice-owned Pulse Films, was the most-watched title on its service last year. The eight-part series launched in March.

Cooper (below) is in development with a number of high-end factual projects, primarily for streaming services, and will work between London and LA. She has secured IP and is working with top tier talent and emerging directorial, producing and writing talent.

EXCLUSIVE: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann producer Emma Cooper has launched her own production company following the success of the Netflix documentary series.

Cooper, who resigned from Shut Up And Play The Hits producer Pulse Films last year, where she was Global President of Non-Fiction, has established Empress Films.

This comes after Netflix revealed that The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, which Cooper exec produced for the Vice-owned Pulse Films, was the most-watched title on its service last year. The eight-part series launched in March.

Cooper (below) is in development with a number of high-end factual projects, primarily for streaming services, and will work between London and LA. She has secured IP and is working with top tier talent and emerging directorial, producing and writing talent.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann-producer-emma-cooper-establishes-empress-films-following-success-of-netflix-doc-series-1202822462/

The Netflix Madeleine McCann production is not even factual.  No doubt the McCann are buoyed-up by this news - they might get a hefty donation for The Fund.

bounce

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.01.20 17:21

I wonder if she will take Minimus Mendax with her.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.02.20 12:16

I've just received an email from Netflix reminding me to continue watching their Madeleine McCann mockumentary.  It follows thus..

Episodes:

Pact of Silence
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Pact_o11

Heaven and Earth
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Heaven11

The Fightback
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 The_fi11

Dark Places
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Dark_p11

Truth and Lies
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Truth_11

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Sean_t10

ooops Where did he come from i don\'t know ?

popcornandcola

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 05.02.20 0:13

Well, I thank bow3 Netflix for reminding me of what I might be missing - even if their communication was only to fit me as a statistic.

It's actually quite interesting in a bizarre sort of way.  Although on the surface it appears as a neural stance, beneath the surface is an apparent overwhelming support for the McCanns picture book fantasy.  

In short - the Portuguese are responsible for every irregularity and there is an innocent excuse explanation for anything the police may or may not find,

I've now watched episode 'The Fight Back' .  My immediate response .... what/who/why are you fighting back?

Public Relations representatives feature prominently - why would victims of a heinous crime need PR support?

Brian Kennedy, the double glazing millionaire, features prominently - why would the victims of a heinous crime need the support of a millionaire?

John McCann feature prominently - he's a relative, he doesn't count.

Patrick Kennedy, son of Brian Kennedy, features prominently - why is it his concern?

Jim Gamble, ex-CEO of the CEOP, prominently - no comment!

Tony Summers and Robbyn Swan feature prominently - no comment!

The McCanns Portuguese lawyer features prominently - how unprofessional.  He took the case on because his knew instantly that Kate McCann was so traumatized she couldn't possibly be hiding anything - so say he.

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Laughi10

Someone now try to convince me the McCanns refused to have their names associated with this production. By commenting in the public arena, albeit by proxy, they are condoning the production or Farter Cluck would be down on it like a ton of bricks - presuming they are still representing their clients pro-bono. 

spin

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 05.02.20 0:46

Fancy me forgetting Sandra Felgueiras - Judas!

Sacrifice your soul for want of a shilling?

Bah!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.02.20 11:28

Disregarding all the work undertaken by so many, to unearth the complete mystery of Madeleine McCann, Netflix the documentary has been showcased as the be all and end all. That's despite it's frequent deviation from facts and evidence and it's peculiar choice of participants.

What Is The 'Pact Of Silence' Mentioned In The Madeleine McCann Documentary?

Jazmin Kopotsha

18 March 2019, 16:05

It’s been more than 10 years since 3-year-old Madeleine McCann went missing from her family’s villa in the holiday resort of Praia da Luz, Portugal. Though the ongoing case has been the subject of intense media scrutiny for a long period of time now, the arrival of new Netflix documentary The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann has revived public curiosity around what happened to Kate and Gerry McCann’s daughter all those years ago.

The eight-part series takes us on a lengthy journey, rehashing facts and theories that are likely very familiar to many of us by now. But one line of thought with which you might be a little less familiar is the 'Pact Of Silence'.

As intriguing and plot-twisty as it sounds, 'Pact of Silence' (which is also the name given to the third episode of the documentary) was originally the headline of a controversial article co-written by Portuguese journalists Margarida Davim and Felícia Cabrita. In it they suggested that there was an agreement among the McCanns and the friends they were holidaying with not to talk about what really happened on the night of 3rd May 2007.

In short, they implied that the group was hiding something crucial to understanding the truth behind Madeleine’s disappearance.

So what do we know actually happened? Kate and Gerry had taken Madeleine and their twin babies on holiday to the Ocean Club resort with a group of friends: David and Fiona Payne, Fiona’s mum Dianne, Matthew and Rachael Oldfield, Russell O’Brien and partner Jane Tanner. They had eight young children between them who, on the night Madeleine went missing, had all been put to bed before the adults went out for dinner at the resort's tapas restaurant. All of the children were left unattended but the group say that one member of the party would leave the table every 30 minutes or so to check on their respective children. When it was Kate's turn to check on hers, she discovered that Madeleine was gone.

Journalist Felícia found it odd that in the weeks after Madeleine vanished, the investigating police seemed to be focusing only on the suspected kidnapping and not the family involved. "We know that in most cases, the culprit is someone who is close to the child," Felícia explains in the documentary. She goes on to tell the story of a visit she made to the restaurant where the McCann group ate on the night of the incident. She sat at the same table as them and found that despite Gerry McCann's claim that the table had a "line of sight to the apartment" – which they say was a factor in deciding where to eat that evening – there was limited visibility. This was the first contradiction she found in the parents' statement to police.

"From the position I was in, it was completely impossible to see the apartment or the room where they had left the children to sleep," Felícia adds. "As an investigative journalist, I have to ask, why? Why would you lie about such a simple thing?"

Her colleague Margarida says that they had a feeling something was off with the timeline and that the McCanns' version of events doesn’t match that of the employees who served them in the hotel. Further doubt was driven by inconsistencies in Gerry's statements about which door he entered the apartment through and whether or not it was locked. There's also her understanding that the McCann group gathered to work out their timeline and then revise it 24 hours later. Gonçalo Amaral, former Chief Investigating Coordinator with the Portuguese police, says that statements by Jane Tanner, who claimed to have seen a man carrying a child in pyjamas away from the resort, seemed to evolve as time went on.

And then there are all the questions that remained unanswered. Why leave the kids alone? Why not use the babysitting service that was available at the hotel? And why weren't the friends of the McCanns who had dinner with them on the night willing to say more? The journalists felt that things didn't add up.

"The word that we ended up using in the title – pact – came from David Payne when he said that they had agreed with Gerry not to talk about what happened," Margarida explains. Gonçalo also notes in the documentary that it wasn't just Kate and Gerry; the entire party had left their children alone that night and so "there seems to be an alliance between everyone to protect someone". After a few months with little progress in the investigation and no success finding Madeleine, it's unsurprising that the McCanns and their friends eventually came under scrutiny. However, as we know, the suspicion around them has not materialised into any significant evidence.

The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann is available on Netflix now

https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb/pact-of-silence-madeleine-mccann-documentary

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 09.03.20 23:47

The continuing story..

Brian Kennedy the double glazier.  His son now features saying how his father asked him to abandon his work for the company (whatever than might be) and to dedicate his entire time/life to helping the 'search' his commitment being on a level with his father - to help Kate and Gerry McCann.

They flew off to Morocco by Kennedy's own private jet, in quest of the little blond girl allegedly seen by a Spanish tourist in a village nestled in the Atlas mountains.  Anyone who follows this case will know that 'sighting' was bogus.

Father then explains how they, he and son,  needed the help of experienced detectives with the know how and contacts in the business (?) - not his exact words but you get the drift. 

Enter >>> Metodo3.

The question remains open .... what was Brian Kennedy's true interest in this case?  Why did he pledge his entire fortune to helping the McCanns defence campaign, seemingly arranging 'sightings' across Europe into North Africa - even as far afield as the Antipodes?

A few seconds/minutes listening to the McCanns, in particular Kate McCann and he 'knew' they were innocent?  That's pretty remarkable perception for a stranger, many people live with someone closely and never know their dark side until something drastic happens.

Drat - Netflix has gone rogue on me ....

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrotty 10.03.20 8:27

Verdi wrote:The continuing story..

Brian Kennedy the double glazier.  His son now features saying how his father asked him to abandon his work for the company (whatever than might be) and to dedicate his entire time/life to helping the 'search' his commitment being on a level with his father - to help Kate and Gerry McCann.

They flew off to Morocco by Kennedy's own private jet, in quest of the little blond girl allegedly seen by a Spanish tourist in a village nestled in the Atlas mountains.  Anyone who follows this case will know that 'sighting' was bogus.

Father then explains how they, he and son,  needed the help of experienced detectives with the know how and contacts in the business (?) - not his exact words but you get the drift. 

Enter >>> Metodo3.

The question remains open .... what was Brian Kennedy's true interest in this case?  Why did he pledge his entire fortune to helping the McCanns defence campaign, seemingly arranging 'sightings' across Europe into North Africa - even as far afield as the Antipodes?

A few seconds/minutes listening to the McCanns, in particular Kate McCann and he 'knew' they were innocent?  That's pretty remarkable perception for a stranger, many people live with someone closely and never know their dark side until something drastic happens.

Drat - Netflix has gone rogue on me ....
Contrary to most peoples opinion who thought they were guilty, very strange.
ferrotty

Activity : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.03.20 10:35

An Investigative Journalist actually INVESTIGATING ? ?  Shock, horror. whatever next.

Jon the Creative Journalist and fabulist Clarke also went to the scene, but there is no record of his actually investigating anything, looking at, let alone pulling at the shutters, sitting in the Tapas bar and looking towards the buildings through the heavy translucent screens at night, across the pool and over the two walls and through the hedge.

But I am sure he would be suitable xenophobic about two Portuguese journalists Margarida Davim and Felícia Cabrita.

Foreign, you understand.
AND women ! ! !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.03.20 10:40

The original article by Margarida Davim and Felícia Cabrita. 
- in translation - is at
https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id117.htm

It is dated 30 June 2007
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.03.20 10:41

PeterMac wrote:An Investigative Journalist actually INVESTIGATING ? ?  Shock, horror. whatever next.

Jon the Creative Journalist and fabulist Clarke also went to the scene, but there is no record of his actually investigating anything, looking at, let alone pulling at the shutters, sitting in the Tapas bar and looking towards the buildings through the heavy translucent screens at night, across the pool and over the two walls and through the hedge.

But I am sure he would be suitable xenophobic about two Portuguese journalists Margarida Davim and Felícia Cabrita.

Foreign, you understand.
AND wo. men ! ! !
I tried watching the Netflix documentary a couple of weeks ago. It began well with the usual stock narrative. Then I got to Jon Clarke's introduction and as much as I wanted to continue viewing I couldn't deal with the lies.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 11.03.20 0:16

Liz Eagles wrote:I tried watching the Netflix documentary a couple of weeks ago. It began well with the usual stock narrative. Then I got to Jon Clarke's introduction and as much as I wanted to continue viewing I couldn't deal with the lies.
Your choice of course but I would strongly recommend watching this Nexflix from beginning to end, it's well worth the effort - even if only bite sized pieces.  Jon Clark is inconsequential, there are far more important figures to conjure with.  That also applies to Anthony Summers and his partner in crime, Robbyn Swann - both feature prominently but are really superfluous to requirements, unless it's sensationalism and deception you're looking for.

For a start, the production is presented by and heavily features one Julian Peribanez, said to have been one of Metodo3’s top detectives.  The cast is listed thus..

• Anthony Summers
  • Gonçalo Amaral
  • Robbyn Swan
  • Jim Gamble
  • Sandra Felgueiras
  • Ernie Allen
  • Robert Murat
  • Susan Hubbard
  • Haynes Hubbard
  • Kelvin Mackenzie
  • Paulo Pereira Cristovao
  • Brian Kennedy
  • Patrick Kennedy
  • Jayne Jensen
  • Neil Berry
  • Julian Peribañez
  • Rui Gustavo
  • Justine McGuinness
  • Patricia de Sousa Cipriano
  • Phil Hall
  • Martin Grime
  • Jane Tanner

I'm continuing on the journey of discovery.  The multimillionaire Brian Kennedy and his son Patrick, are key players - this is not media hype, the interviews are videoed and featured in the production.  It begs the question in my view - when exactly did Brian Kennedy become involved with the case of Madeleine McCann's disappearance, it would appear to be long before the alleged time following the McCanns return to the UK in September 2007.

To summarize..

Brian Kennedy and his son Patrick consider Jane Tanner's sighting to be of great significance - the key to the abduction. Bearing this in mind, it's not unreasonable to think that the reported sighting of Martin Smith and his family members was initially 'arranged' to add force to the Jane Tanner sighting.

Brian Kennedy, with the help of his son Patrick, 'investigated' Robert Murat and Sergei Malinka as primary suspects with sexual perversion/paedophilia at the core of their 'investigation'.

The hundreds of sightings across the globe are emphasized, in particular Europe and North Africa.  There can be no way of knowing for sure how many of these alleged sightings were 'arranged' but certainly the more publicised can be considered open to scrutiny.

Then we move onto Snr Gonçalo Amaral.  Not the PJ in general nor the investigation in itself but the case coordinator - Snr Amaral.  To say a character assassination would be the understatement of the century.  In particular the case of Joana Cipriano, brutally murdered and dismembered in the most inconceivable barbaric manner.  Peribanez tries very hard to fabricate a parallel between that case and the case of Madeleine McCann - no comparison whatsoever.  It is also stated that Snr Amaral was himself an arguido in the case of Cipriano at the time of Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

I understand Julian Peribanez to say that Portuguese policing is not like Spanish or counterparts across the continent of Europe but quite what his is implying he doesn't clarify. Whatever, he is clearly attempting to cast a shadow over the integrity of Snr Amaral but really I ask - would the Portuguese authorities allow a senior police chief to continue working on a criminal investigation whilst an arguido himself?

Brian Kennedy said himself earlier in the production that they, he and his son needed the expertise of private detectives to help them - they went straight to Metedo3 for that expertise.  A private detective agency with no experience of child abduction (for that is what they claim) and have since been exposed as a bunch of criminals themselves.  Maybe the Kennedy's didn't know too much about Metodo3 but it makes you wonder why they would choose an agency based in Spain with no credentials to fit the crime under investigation.  Theoretically it was illegal anyway, according to Portuguese law at the time.

So again .... how when and why did Brian Kennedy become involved in the case of Madeleine McCann?

Have I missed anything so far?  Probably!

To be continued ....

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 16.03.20 1:00

Netflix update

bn

Brian Kennedy, the double glazing entrepreneur, is now seated on his comfy sofa promoting the Gail Cooper story.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t15551-bearing-false-witness#391254

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Cooper10

.... an 80% likeness to the man Jane Tanner saw

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Tanner11

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 17.03.20 0:34

Episode: Truth and Lies

Metodo3 were passionate fearless focused and .... they attacked it
Brian Kennedy

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 20.03.20 21:16

Today must be recorded in history and the craziest day of my entire life - and I've had a few, good and bad.

Aside from being all but imprisoned in my home, on pain of death if I dare venture out without official permission and all else that accompanies the COVID-19 extravaganza.... I've just watched a bit more of the Netflix Madeleine McCann film,chapter Truth and Lies.

Well, it would appear the truth lies a the door of the McCanns and the lie lies at that of Mr Amaral.  Surprise!  Surprise! liar

The ex director of the CEOP, Meester Jimbo Gumboil is there like a rat up a drainpipe, ready to damn the name Amaral from here to Cambodia.  Following closely in his wake is the authoress Robbyn Swann of of Summers and Swann fame - oooooooh, how bitter she is. Then we have old muvver 'Ubbard spounting about McCann injustice at the evil hand of Mr Amaral, with hubby sitting beside looking like an inflated beached whale

To add insult to injury - enter Brian Kennedy, the double glazier, with many a tale to tell of misplaced loyalty.  Metodo3  cutthroat - Oakley International, affectionately known as Annie Oakley, in the care of the fraudster Kevin Halligen.  The best thing since a slice of grilled Hovis. Then when the penny dropped, along comes Alphaig to sweep-up the debris where others had failed.

How was the great Brian Kennedy so easily deceived by this international jet-setter with everything but credibility to vouch for his motives .... or was he?

This episode features some interesting video footage of McCann press interviews, along with Clarence Mitchell and Robert Murat.  The latter I believe saw an opening here to make a few bob without breaking the law - and others it would appear.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Empty Film Daily 'Netflix' critique: ‘The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann’: Saddest true crime ever?

Post by Jill Havern 26.03.20 11:04

Not sure if this has already been posted on the forum somewhere, but it's dated 20 March so it looks newish.

Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 The-Disappearance-of-Madeleine-McCann-lede-1300x731

By Bridget Lusky

‘The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann’: Saddest true crime ever?
Netflix has given us some great true crime documentaries, but The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann is not one of them. Madeleine McCann’s disappearance is to the UK, what JonBenet Ramsey’s death is to the US. Netflix usually has its finger on the pulse of true crime, generously gifting those who follow cases with captivating, in-depth coverage. Sadly, The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann missed the mark. 
Three-year-old Madeleine McCann vanished from her hotel room bed on May 3rd, 2007, at a resort in Portugal where she was staying with her parents and two-year-old twin siblings. In the almost thirteen years since the young girl was seen, theories and conjecture have ruled the conversation around Madeleine and her parents. Netflix’s depiction of the story is just more of the same. 
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 The-Disappearance-of-Madeleine-McCann-1

What we do know about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

In order to explain all the ways Netflix failed in The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, we first need to clarify the facts. Madeleine was on a family vacation in Praia da Luz, Portugal. The McCann family was traveling with a group of friends from their home in the UK. 
On May 3rd, 2007, Madeleine’s parents, physicians Kate and Gerry left Madeleine and her twin siblings asleep in their room at 8:30 pm. Their room was on the ground floor of the resort, and they were going to have dinner with their friends at a restaurant about 180 feet away from the room. The parents in the group took turns checking on the children throughout the dinner until Kate McCann discovered Madeline was missing at 10 pm. 
The McCanns were traveling with seven other friends, and all of their children, eight in total. The party of nine friends would put the kids to bed and then meet for dinner at the nearby tapas restaurant most nights.  
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 The-Disappearance-of-Madeleine-McCann-2
The friends include physicians Fiona and David Payne, and Fiona’s mother, Jane Tanner and Russel O’Brien, a marketing manager and physician, respectively, and Matthew and Rachael Oldfield. Matthew is also a physician who worked with Russel and Gerry McCann, and Rachael is a lawyer. 
The McCanns had arrived at the resort for a seven-night stay on April 28th, 2007. They stayed in a two-bedroom apartment, with the children sleeping in a room next to the front door, that the McCanns kept locked. The room had a waist-high window, and again, it was on the ground floor. The McCanns kept the window’s curtains and shutter closed. The window was near a narrow walkway and residents’ parking lot. 
After Portugal’s initial investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance hit a standstill, Scotland Yard picked up the case, which is still unsolved. 
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 The-Disappearance-of-Madeleine-McCann-3

The sightings and theories

If you were to turn on the news in the UK in the summer of 2007, all you would have seen was the face of Madeleine McCann. The beautiful smiling three-year-old who was so cruelly plucked from her bed was all anyone could talk about. Of course, the theories on what happened to Madeleine have also dominated the conversation.
Jane Tanner left the dinner at 9:05 to check on her own children and passed Gerry McCann on his way back from checking on Madeleine and the twins. Tanner claimed that at 9:15, she saw a man carrying a young child just ahead of her. Jane Tanner’s claim has been picked apart for years, referred to as “The Tanner sighting”, and led Portuguese police to their first suspect, Robert Murat.
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 The-Disappearance-of-Madeleine-McCann-4
A further sighting only works if Jane Tanner’s account is false. The “Smith sighting” refers to Martin and Mary Smith, who were visiting the resort from Ireland. The couple also saw a man walking while carrying a young girl, but their account was at 10 pm. 
British-Portuguese property consultant Robert Murat was the police’s first suspect, identified 12 days after the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Murat, 34, lived in his mother’s house, about 150 yards from the McCann’s apartment. He resembled Jane Tanner’s description from “the Tanner sighting” and the direction she saw the suspect walking was towards his home.
Nothing was found to link Robert Murat to Madeleine’s disappearance. Portuguese police have long maintained that they believe the McCanns themselves to be the #1 suspects in Madeleine’s disappearance.
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 The-Disappearance-of-Madeleine-McCann-5

The McCanns, the media, and the police 

The McCanns quickly alerted the media to the news of Madeleine’s disappearance, which got them off on the wrong foot with Portuguese investigators. One thing that Netflix’s The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann does well is to clearly portray just how difficult the relationship between the McCanns, the media, and Portuguese investigators truly became. 
Despite being the ones to loop journalists into the story, the McCanns soon found themselves the victims of those same journalists’ theories and scorn. Meanwhile, the influx of hundreds of members of the media forced investigators to hastily identify suspects and jump to unfounded conclusions. 
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 The-Disappearance-of-Madeleine-McCann-6
Eventually, the scandal hungry media ended up tainting an already bungled case. The lead investigator Gonçalo Amaral was removed from her case in disgrace after criticizing both the British police and the McCanns in an interview, published a book on the story, titled The Truth of the Lie, where he alleged that Madeleine died in the holiday apartment and that the McCanns covered up her death. 
Additionally, The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann details the story of an American private detective hired to investigate Madeleine’s disappearance who turned out to be a con man. The McCanns, if innocent, had no one to trust.
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 The-Disappearance-of-Madeleine-McCann-7

Where The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann went wrong

There are a lot of ways that The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann missed the mark, but the most notable is the failure to feature Kate and Gerry McCann. The parents were asked to participate, but declined, citing the media’s propensity to fuel conspiracy theories, and the fact that the investigation is ongoing as their reasoning. 
Whether there would have been a way to convince the couple to join the film is anyone’s guess, but trying to tell a story of this infamy and magnitude without including the key players is a true lack in judgment. 
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 The-Disappearance-of-Madeleine-McCann-8
The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann also left out key details, like the fact that the McCanns had eaten dinner at that very restaurant with their friends almost every night of their trip. Additionally, they failed to explore gaping holes, like did Kate’s friends hear her screaming after discovering Madeleine was gone or did Kate come to tell her friends calmly? Were the twins sleeping peacefully the whole time, or had something awoken them? 
While The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann toes the line in trying not to lay more accusations at the feet of her parents, it also fails to explore deeper theories on what happened to the three-year-old. Netflix’s recounting of the story generally only stirs the pot, while not offering anything substantial for audiences to sink their teeth into.

https://filmdaily.co/news/the-disappearance-of-madeleine-mccann/

There's only one comment at the bottom from you know who...

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41059

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.05.20 1:35

Oh my oh my oh my ....

Enforced imprisonment and the inevitable cyberspace congestion, again left me little choice but to sit through the remainder of the Netflix mockumentally Madeleine McCann biopic.

Well, what can I say or feel but angry2 ?

This was a few days ago so I've conveniently forgotten the graphic detail but suffice to say at present, the star performers were none other than Jim 'touch not my child' Gamble and the fearsome duo, Anthony Summers and Robbyn 'with to bes and a why' Swann.

And if you don't believe me just watch!

More to follow ....

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 13.05.20 10:14

Daft Places: Netflix Doccie on Madeleine McCann – Episode 6 Review & Analysis

March 21, 2019 / nickvdl

An authentic true crime investigation narrows down suspects. Think of the evidence as a sort of tornado of dirt, debris, disorientating plumes and strong winds that tug one one way or the other. But there is a centre to all this confusion, and a clear path that the tornado is taking us on.
Bogus true crime, or Apologia [the TCRS term for a “Sympathy Narrative” that serves the suspects] does the opposite of funneling towards a concrete result. In episode 6 we begin to see that reverse muddying process. Now that Madeleine has been resurrected, it’s back to square one. Who took her?
There’s some focus on Robert Murat, the first suspect and arguably the prime suspect. Many “good reasons” are put forward for Murat being the right profile for a pedophile abductor. The investigation builds him up as a suspect. Some millionaire dude interrogates him and bugs their conversation. But then when all is said and done, it’s not Murat. But could it be Murat’s friend Sergey Malinka. And so gradually the vortex of the “investigation” widens until it dissipates completely, becoming an enormous garden. The private detective now enters the scene as a vivid butterfly hopping from one flower to the next. Each flower is introduced as a very credible suspect, only to be abandoned in lieu of the next flower. It’s compelling stuff. Could it be this guy! How about that one!
As a sure sign that the filmmakers are not only drunk on their own Kool-Aid, but are trying to serve it to an unsuspecting public, the narrative twirls back to the Tanner sighting and attempts to recast the sighting as something [someone] else. Remember, Murat and Malinka have now been thrown to the curb as suspects so it’s time for a new character to rise as the next suspect. And the more flowery the better.
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190320-233418Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190320-233510
I’m not going to indulge in the backstory of the creepy, bucktooth fella who was knocking on doors trying to raise dosh for his dodgy orphanage scheme. Suffice it to say, it forms a creepy if unacknowledged parallel to the idea of sinister doctors knocking on television sets trying to raise dosh on the dodgy premise of a disappearing daughter. For more information on Gail Cooper and how the Creeper Narrative came into being, click on the story below.
‘Creepy’ bucktooth man spotted lurking near Madeleine McCann flat before she vanished was seen weeks later with kid matching Maddie’s description – The Sun
Now that a new character has been conjured into existence, he needs to be connected somehow to Madeleine McCann. He LOOKS suspicious, he WALKS suspiciously, he has DUBIOUS intent with his little door-to-door deception, but for him to walk into the McCann mythos he needs some sort of conveyor. Enter Jane Tanner!
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190320-233446Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190320-233449
A sketch artist’s drawings of the bucktoothed creeper are presented to Jane Tanner. Tanner is asked if the drawings look anything like Tannerman. [Hold your breath!]
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Nintchdbpict000003706697-2Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 BullenNetflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190321-001637Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190321-001639Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190321-001700-1
Admittedly, the new sketch was an 80% likeness, wasn’t it? Both men wore a brown coat or jacket and both wore lighter-colored trousers. The original sketch showed a man with long hair, and the creeper had longish black hair.  Well, no, because the reality is Tanner claimed she never saw the man’s face, so the 80% has to be the whole outfit, the hair and everything else BUT the face.
On the other hand, by leaving Tannerman’s face blank, one could put any man’s face in there and it could an 80% fit, couldn’t it? All of the above is just logical conjecture of course. In order to prove how much punch is in this particular concoction of Kool-Aid, we need only refer to Tannerman himself. Oddly, the docuseries neglects or conveniently forgets the part where Tannerman actually comes forward, identifies himself and even hands over the clothing he wore to the media. He not only admits it was him, he admits he was there, carrying his child from the Ocean Club creche home that night.
Tannerman turns out not to be nearly the murky, shadowy, titillating mystery sighting it’s been pretending to be [for years]. It’s this guy.
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Why-did-cops-investigating-madeleine-mccanns-disappearance-waste-four-years-on-tannerman-lead-d
His name is Dr. Julian Totman. Totman was holidaying with his wife [identified by the initial “R”] and two small children, William [4] and a three-year-old girl whose name starts with “L”. The Totmans were staying in apartment 4GM, which was part of the same Ocean Club complex as the McCanns, but in a separate block situated to the east. In the image below the Totman’s apartment would be approximately where the word “Road” appears midway in the image on the right.
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Zzzmadelinemccannaerialgraphic_large
In the image below it’s clearer how the Ocean Club apartments are spread out into two separate blocks. In a separate post I’ll show how the apartments are identified according to a grid, and where some of the most important “players” stayed in these apartments. 5A was the McCanns’ apartment, the five designating “block 5” and the “A” the ground floor on the far-right. The Totman’s apartment, 4GM, refers to “block 4″ [the block on the left in the image below” and the “G” to a second-floor apartment, which would have been on floor above the McCanns’ flat but in the neighboring block.
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Ocean-club_800118c
The BBC’s graphic [below] while accurate isn’t very clear in juxtaposing the McCanns’ apartment to the Totman Apartment [in yellow] and the creche.
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Nintchdbpict000403935399
Naturally episode six contrives to conjure a creeper into the blank face of Tannerman, even though Totman himself came forward and said, “Hey, it’s me!” In spite of this, and this is a huge indictment of the scam surrounding the “abduction” and the bogusness of both the media “coverage” and the “official” police investigation, Tannerman continued to remain a credible sighting for years on end. It’s important to bear in mind that this expensive, tedious and bogus wild goose chase came from one of the Tapas 7, and despite being told by Portuguese police not to comment publicly on what they saw.
Jane Tanner, in her wisdom, defied these orders. At the time she said:
“I think it’s important that people know what I saw because I believe Madeleine was abducted.’’
From The Sun article [May 2018] Why did cops investigating Madeleine McCann’s disappearance waste four years on ‘Tannerman’ lead – despite GP saying it was probably him?
And with Portuguese laws prohibiting the release of photofits of suspects, the McCanns put out an artist’s sketch of “Tannerman” in October 2007. But efforts by the Totmans, who live in the South West, to point out the importance of Julian’s movements fell on deaf ears. They were never contacted by Leicestershire police, whose officers were responsible at the time for collating all UK inquiries.
Also of import is that the color of the child’s clothing in the Tanner sighting didn’t match the color of Madeleine’s Totman’s daughter’s clothing, as described by Kate and Gerry during their numerous roadshows.
Totman’s daughter’s clothes were bright, especially the shirt, with long sleeves and long leggings with especially bright orange ankle-ends. These were facing Tanner and yet Jan Tanner noticed the frilly edges of Madeleine’s pants instead. Madeleine’s outfit was all short sleeves and shorter leggings.
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 T771edd_10f878_pyjama-vater-01Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Megeq8j
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Crimewatch1pa_468x636Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Pj110Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Zzpyjamas2bestpic
In any event, it seems unlikely that the McCann doctors [and the doctors within the Tapas 7] would not know about another guest who was also a doctor, and who was using the same creche they were using. It’s probably a good point now to indicate where the creche was vis-a-vis the Tapas Bar.
In the image below the yellow arrow shows the Tapas Bar oriented from the perspective of the McCanns’ apartment. The small square tent right behind it [circle] is the creche. This shows how patently ridiculous it was not to have their kids looked after in the facilities that were right there [and facilities used by Dr. Totman, as it happened].
The circled area to the right [the East] of the Tapas restaurant was also a play area for kids, and an area where some of the very few photos of Madeleine were taken.
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190321-180418
The image below highlights that play area up close. Note the square tented area behind the Tapas Bar at the top left of the image. Also note the location of the tennis courts to the car, the creche and kid’s play area.
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Playgroundphotolocation

It turns out Gerry McCann knew Dr. Totman fairly well. Well enough to play tennis with him in fact.
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190321-195052
Well enough to dine at a table alongside Dr. Totman in the Tapas Bar.
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190321-172113
Well enough that the Totman tots went to the shame creche as Madeleine.Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190321-181253
And yet with all this going on, when Jane Tanner saw Totman, she didn’t recognise him. Another aspect that seems more than a little iffy in Tanner’s sighting was that she Totman walking in the direction of Murat’s house – away from his apartment. Was this human error, or a deliberate re-adaptation of what she said?
Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190318-114445Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190318-114450
The docuseries appears to make this creepy fellow the new Tannerman, when in reality Jane Tanner’s “Dr Totman” Tannerman remained the crux of the investigation for several years, despite the British cops knowing it was a bullshit lead. It seems the PR processes around the investigation have tried to conflate the botching of the investigation [going after Tannerman] with an error on the Portuguese side. But the Portuguese cops maintained all along that they didn’t take the Tannerman sighting seriously. So who is playing who for the fool here?Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190321-002213Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190321-002439Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190321-002607Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190321-002716Netflix probes Madeleine McCann disappearance in new documentary - Page 15 Fullscreen-capture-20190321-001700-2

https://crimerocket.com/2019/03/21/daft-places-netflix-doccie-on-madeleine-mccann-episode-6-review-analysis/

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 41059

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 13.05.20 11:52

The ages given above for the Totman children is wrong. According to the property arrivals sheets, Lily is 2 and William is 3.
Lily was in Starfish toddler 2 with Sean and Amalie and William was in Lobsters with Madeleine.

The photograph of the so called Lilly Totman's pyjamas, is for some reason " cobbled together ".  ie the legs have been elongated, among other things.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 5243

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top