The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Mm11

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Regist10

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Guest on 11.10.11 11:01

Stella wrote:
Moa wrote:Who signed Madeleine in and out the last time on 30 April?
Defently not Gerry as handwritings are very different. And it was a Mccann so it had to be Kate then
The handwriting is consistent with Gerry's style and to assume, in your opinion, that if it is not Gerry it must be Kate, would suggest that you have not fully researched either of their handwriting styles properly.

That might be true, I only looked on the two writings on this spesific creche record, and I dont think the two signings that day look like the same handwriting. ( I have not study their writings on other forms etc) And im sure its a K and not a G on the last signeout ?
My point was only if it was Kate on the last one, why write Mccann and not Healy...? That would lead me to believe that either Gerry or Kate did this signeout.
If I understand your post correctly your oppinion is that Gerry where signing both times that day? If thats correct it is even more questionable why he then wrote Kates name and not his own on the signout ?
There I got myself confused again....
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Guest on 11.10.11 12:48

Moa wrote:
My point was only if it was Kate on the last one, why write Mccann and not Healy...? That would lead me to believe that either Gerry or Kate did this signeout.
Kate must have used both names back in the UK, a lot more frequently than people believe and what's wrong with that? Healey for her GP work, as she was known as Dr Healey and McCann for the family and children's school, as Mrs McCann, the Mother of Madeleine, Sean and Amelie. Quite why Kate made the comment she did, is beyond me. She was born a Healey, she married and became a McCann. I would think that anyone who uses two names, would often get confused with writing their name, especially under stress and not thinking properly. Women often sign a cheque with their old name, when it is issued in their new name and cheques often get returned to the signee. It's one of those things.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Miraflores on 11.10.11 13:12

Kate must have used both names back in the UK, a lot more frequently
than people believe and what's wrong with that?
Nothing - lots of women do this.
Healey for her GP
work, as she was known as Dr Healey and McCann for the family and
children's school, as Mrs McCann, the Mother of Madeleine, Sean and
Amelie. Quite why Kate made the comment she did, is beyond me. She was
born a Healey, she married and became a McCann. The only problem is that she quite categorically states in her book that she didn't change her name - Healey was who she was, and she only became McCann when the Press started calling her that.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Posts : 845
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty re stella's eply to moa's post

Post by russiandoll on 11.10.11 14:48

Stella your reply confused me so bear with me and please assist as I am going through creche sheets and find them v interesting.
The am and pm are both on 1 sheet for Maddie's group.looking at what you posted it appears that a different person signed Maddie in and out am and pm sessions.....can you please clarify what point you were making to Moa? I read it as Gerry am and Kate pm.
thank you !

I only posted my own thoughts on 30th april in this area of the forum because of the date....... am not sure there was a trip to Sagres as reported in some newspapers [curious how they got the story].
What has grasped me about this date is total silence from Kate about that day's events.
No mention in the book about the trip to Sagres which is documented elsewhere and which I believe was shortly before Morocco trip.[will check but book jumps from 7-10th June as far as I can recall ]

What concerns me is the notable change in routine on 30th April, and on that day Maddie was out of creche for a couple of hours when twins were attending theirs. that and the bizarre 15 min attendance.

Nothing strange about a child being taken out of creche by a parent, it is a holiday after all and there are things to do.
Madeleine was presumably under the supervision of an adult after 3.30 p.m....are there any independent witnesses to Maddie being around and about anywhere after 3.30 p.m.? [ apart from the sole shopkeeper sighting in Sagres?]
Kate's diary suggests family around ocean club area all day.

am still cross-referencing trying to get an idea of movmements...its quite laborious so will be grateful for any pointers.
russiandoll
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Kates surname

Post by russiandoll on 11.10.11 14:52

I agree, nothing surprising in carrying on maiden name for professional use after marriage and I am not surprised to see family name in creche records....[ although to i.d. her via passport used for holiday staff at MW would have her officially own as Healy maybe?]
anyhow for creche and other MW staff logical shed use family name McCann.
Only surprise is I recall seeing Healy on the creche sheets as well.....and she makes such a huge deal of it in her book.......as if name change signifies the new chapter of her life since her daughter disappeared.
the use of Healy in the creche records really puzzled me.
russiandoll
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Guest on 11.10.11 16:20

@russiandoll wrote:Stella your reply confused me so bear with me and please assist as I am going through creche sheets and find them v interesting.
The am and pm are both on 1 sheet for Maddie's group.
Correct. Despite Catriona Baker in her statement saying that am and pm had seperate sheets !!!

looking at what you posted it appears that a different person signed Maddie in and out am and pm sessions.....can you please clarify what point you were making to Moa? I read it as Gerry am and Kate pm.
thank you !
Correct. Gerry signed in and out am. Kate in and out pm, as seen on the sheet for the 30th April.

I only posted my own thoughts on 30th april in this area of the forum because of the date....... am not sure there was a trip to Sagres as reported in some newspapers [curious how they got the story].
What has grasped me about this date is total silence from Kate about that day's events.
No mention in the book about the trip to Sagres which is documented elsewhere and which I believe was shortly before Morocco trip.[will check but book jumps from 7-10th June as far as I can recall ]

What concerns me is the notable change in routine on 30th April, and on that day Maddie was out of creche for a couple of hours when twins were attending theirs. that and the bizarre 15 min attendance.
Precisely. It must have been queried with them and maybe the answer to that has been witheld.

Nothing strange about a child being taken out of creche by a parent, it is a holiday after all and there are things to do.
Madeleine was presumably under the supervision of an adult after 3.30 p.m....are there any independent witnesses to Maddie being around and about anywhere after 3.30 p.m.? [ apart from the sole shopkeeper sighting in Sagres?]
Nope.

Kate's diary suggests family around ocean club area all day.

am still cross-referencing trying to get an idea of movmements...its quite laborious so will be grateful for any pointers.
On the Creche Enquiry thread, you will find somewhere in the last 8 pages or so, a coloured chart with all the times for every child who attended creche.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Guest on 11.10.11 17:34

Stella.
Im really sorry but im still confused about your comment as it seems from your answer above that you do agree that Gerry signed in and out the first time on 30 April, and Kate signed her out on the second time?

I feel you where trying to make a point to me about something that I unfortunatly do not understand. It might be because English is my second language. scratchhead
But as others pointed out here aswell, I was curious because she do make a BIG deal about her last name in the book. And that makes me believe that she did not use both names Healy and Mccann, only Healy. Not only at work but always also the mum Healy..So therfor it should be Healy all the times when Kate signed out on the creche records in my oppinion that is...

Im sorry Stella if I understood yoy wrongly...
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Guest on 11.10.11 20:33

Moa wrote:Stella.
Im really sorry but im still confused about your comment as it seems from your answer above that you do agree that Gerry signed in and out the first time on 30 April, and Kate signed her out on the second time?

I feel you where trying to make a point to me about something that I unfortunatly do not understand. It might be because English is my second language. scratchhead
But as others pointed out here aswell, I was curious because she do make a BIG deal about her last name in the book. And that makes me believe that she did not use both names Healy and Mccann, only Healy. Not only at work but always also the mum Healy..So therfor it should be Healy all the times when Kate signed out on the creche records in my oppinion that is...

Im sorry Stella if I understood yoy wrongly...

Hi Moa,

I think your English is great and you get your points across well... so no worries there...

I know what you mean about Kate signing McCann rather than Healy.. I've looked at all the creche records for Lobsters and Starfish where the twins were and out of all the times Kate signed (yes, looks like Kate signed out Madeleine on 30 April afternoon - in fact, looks like she signed madeleine in at 1515, dropped the twins off at 1525 then went back and got Madeleine out of the creche at 1530). so all the times she signed the children in and out, only once did she use Healy - 1730 on 2 May signing Madeleine out.. all other times she used McCann.

Can't get image to display so this is a link to the creche sheets and signature is on 2 may :

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2551-creche-sheets-and-attendance-charts


The other signature we have from the same time is the 4 May statement to the PJ and this is signed Healy:
The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_65

Not sure if any of this bears any great significance or just means the name is interchangeable.. Maybe when she is p****d off with Gerry she reverts to Healy?
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Guest on 11.10.11 21:44

Stewie wrote:
Moa wrote:Stella.
Im really sorry but im still confused about your comment as it seems from your answer above that you do agree that Gerry signed in and out the first time on 30 April, and Kate signed her out on the second time?

I feel you where trying to make a point to me about something that I unfortunatly do not understand. It might be because English is my second language. scratchhead
But as others pointed out here aswell, I was curious because she do make a BIG deal about her last name in the book. And that makes me believe that she did not use both names Healy and Mccann, only Healy. Not only at work but always also the mum Healy..So therfor it should be Healy all the times when Kate signed out on the creche records in my oppinion that is...

Im sorry Stella if I understood yoy wrongly...

Hi Moa,

I think your English is great and you get your points across well... so no worries there...

I know what you mean about Kate signing McCann rather than Healy.. I've looked at all the creche records for Lobsters and Starfish where the twins were and out of all the times Kate signed (yes, looks like Kate signed out Madeleine on 30 April afternoon - in fact, looks like she signed madeleine in at 1515, dropped the twins off at 1525 then went back and got Madeleine out of the creche at 1530). so all the times she signed the children in and out, only once did she use Healy - 1730 on 2 May signing Madeleine out.. all other times she used McCann.

Can't get image to display so this is a link to the creche sheets and signature is on 2 may :

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2551-creche-sheets-and-attendance-charts


The other signature we have from the same time is the 4 May statement to the PJ and this is signed Healy:
The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 01_VOLUME_Ia_Page_65

Not sure if any of this bears any great significance or just means the name is interchangeable.. Maybe when she is p****d off with Gerry she reverts to Healy?


TY Stewie :)

That I find very strange, signing Healy only once. She makes it a Big deal in her book. And it sounds like she never used Mccann at all.
So why do it all times but one?

thanks for a good answer and for the links :)
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Angelique on 12.10.11 1:36

This name thing of Kate's has been discussed before. I am sure that the only time Kate signed the creche records was when the name Healey was used. She said that she only became McCann after Madeleine disappeared. Which is correct. I think someone else was signing for her when the name K.McCann was used. When you marry and elect to keep your maiden name, this must be how you sign all documents. Her Bank Account will be in the name of Healey, as will her Bank Cards. Legal documents etc. You must not swop and change. If she wants to change to McCann she must make a Deed Poll which I am sure she did not do during her holiday in Praia da Luz prior to Madeleine going missing.

The fact that the name "Healey" appears means that it was Kate signing. The other signatures were either Gerry signing using her initial (odd) but more likely someone who knew she was married to Gerry McCann but did not know she wasn't using the name "McCann"


____________________
Things aren't always what they seem
Angelique
Angelique

Posts : 1396
Join date : 2010-10-19

Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Guest on 12.10.11 6:50

@Angelique wrote:This name thing of Kate's has been discussed before. I am sure that the only time Kate signed the creche records was when the name Healey was used. She said that she only became McCann after Madeleine disappeared. Which is correct. I think someone else was signing for her when the name K.McCann was used. When you marry and elect to keep your maiden name, this must be how you sign all documents. Her Bank Account will be in the name of Healey, as will her Bank Cards. Legal documents etc. You must not swop and change. If she wants to change to McCann she must make a Deed Poll which I am sure she did not do during her holiday in Praia da Luz prior to Madeleine going missing.

The fact that the name "Healey" appears means that it was Kate signing. The other signatures were either Gerry signing using her initial (odd) but more likely someone who knew she was married to Gerry McCann but did not know she wasn't using the name "McCann"


I must agree. I also believe she just signed it one time herself and thats when Healy was used..
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty kates name

Post by russiandoll on 12.10.11 11:01

I disagree....I think its reasonable that a woman keeping her maiden name for professional purposes and for her bank account and passport would still use her family name for signing a creche sheet on a family holiday [even though she would ahve been officially booked in at the resort under Healy as per her passport]. The staff at the resort would probably know her or refer to her as Mrs McCann unless told otherwise about her surname.

Her police statement is signed Healy, understandable as this is an official document.
I think the sole signing of Healy at the creche is more questionable.
russiandoll
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Guest on 12.10.11 12:06

@russiandoll wrote:I disagree....I think its reasonable that a woman keeping her maiden name for professional purposes and for her bank account and passport would still use her family name for signing a creche sheet on a family holiday [even though she would ahve been officially booked in at the resort under Healy as per her passport]. The staff at the resort would probably know her or refer to her as Mrs McCann unless told otherwise about her surname.

Her police statement is signed Healy, understandable as this is an official document.
I think the sole signing of Healy at the creche is more questionable.

I think the point of the signing is to get the name on the person signing the child out. So therfor in my oppinion there is no reason for her to use Mccann there when she clearly, according to her self, never ever used that name. Say that on of her friends , as they did after may 3, picked up the kids for them, what name would they write? Their own ofcourse. Not Jane Mccann or Fiona Mccann. So why should Kate? What if they werent married ? Why change your signature just for signing your kid out of the creche?

Maybe the sole siging of Healy was a slip, maybe for some reason she felt she had to write Mccann that week. Maybe it wasn't her writing it, maybe it means nothing at all.
But it feels not right in someway, like rest of the case even the signature contradicts itself..
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by crispyroll on 12.10.11 12:56

I still do not understand why on Madeleines birth certificate Kates name is "McCann" and not "Healey". In my opinion it must be: "mother: Kate Healey", maiden name: "Healey". A birth certificate is an official document and Kates official name is Healey and not McCann.
Why is it?
avatar
crispyroll

Posts : 29
Join date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Miraflores on 12.10.11 13:36

@crispyroll wrote:I still do not understand why on Madeleines birth certificate Kates name is "McCann" and not "Healey"......

So in that case, contrary to her statement in her book, she didn't only become McCann after Madeleine disappeared.

It's all these little contradictions which add up and make people have trouble believing the McCanns.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Posts : 845
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Guest on 12.10.11 14:24

@Miraflores wrote:
@crispyroll wrote:I still do not understand why on Madeleines birth certificate Kates name is "McCann" and not "Healey"......

So in that case, contrary to her statement in her book, she didn't only become McCann after Madeleine disappeared.

It's all these little contradictions which add up and make people have trouble believing the McCanns.
Well spotted Miraflores. thumbup
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Guest on 12.10.11 16:10

Kate Mccann was obliged to put Mccann as her name on Madeleine`s birth certificate as that is her legal name; Healy is given, again correctly, as her maiden name.

She could of course have mentioned this as an example of one of the few times in her personal and professional life that she has had to use the name Mccann rather than Healy. I just wonder why she mentions it at all unless it is to cover herself for something else which is ofthen the Mccanns`s modus operandi.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by crispyroll on 12.10.11 16:17

Why is "McCann"her legal name? That is the point I do not understand! She did not change her name with her marriage. If I would marry and do not want to change my maiden name, then my maiden name stays my legal name. This is the case in Germany, maybe it is different in other countries.
avatar
crispyroll

Posts : 29
Join date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Guest on 12.10.11 16:22

Yes crispy roll, that is the difference in the UK as far as I am aware. Legally your name changes. But for personal and professional reasons, you can of course keep using your maiden name. It`s clearly different in Germany and probably in other countries too.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Guest on 12.10.11 16:24

Perhaps the confusion and questions we are asking, is in direct relation to what is seen on the creche sheets !!!
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty from the book

Post by russiandoll on 12.10.11 17:00

Final chapter details the new phase in her life after the disappearance of her daughter, hence the focus on the name McCann. Although I wrote that it is not uncommon for women using their maiden name for work purposes, ina palcae they have worked prior to marriage, she does not state that was the reason she continued to use Healy :

" On May 4th I became Kate McCann. According to my passport, driving licence and bank account I was Kate Healy. I hadn't kept my maiden name for any particular reason-it was just who I was. But when Madeleine was taken, the press automatically referred to me as Kate McCann, and Kate McCann I have been ever since. Overnight our old life had gone and I'd become a different person." [well Kate why would they refer to you as Kate Healy since it doesn't appear anyone on that holiday ever used Healy just called you Kate or Mrs McCann].

I doubt that all those official documents now have McCann on them, possibly she signed McCann at the creche as that was the family name[ children and Gerry] and as that name was on the creche sheets and the nannies were not familiar with them then it made sense to use McCann so all names tallied and it was clear to anyone reading the sheets in Kates absence that parents had signed in and out. Even though the staff would know her by sight for record keeping it makes sense on a family holiday when using the facilities.

I am more interested in the 1 occasion when Healy was used.am going to check her signature on the witness statement . Whatever, it is the inconsistency that arouses interest and/or suspicion....

Why is Kate so surprised at the press referring to her as Kate McCann? I doubt she ever referred to herself as anything but Kate to introduce herself to staff and holidaymakers or as Kate,Gerry's wife. As if she'd say oh hello Im Kate Healy.

And whats wrong with them presuming she is Kate McCann, she talks as if
its an insult as she does about the disrespect to Madeleine. About becoming a different person:

" So, it seemed, had our daughter. Madeleine would person to correct anyone who amkes the mistake of shortening her name. " Im not Maddie Im Madeleine !" And quite right, too. It's often done inadvertently, or in a good-natured attempt to sounfd friendly, but the press know what her name is and yet to this day they insist on calling her Maddie.I find it quite disrespectful."

From a woman who actually lengthens her sons short name Sean to Seany, as a diminutive, its quite unvbelievable she has not ever shortened her daughter's longer name.....but I guess Maddie gave Kate and Gerry her tuppence worth over that.

All trivial stuff really,why such a bleeping big deal made out of the names? it's maybe those darned creche sheets.

and for the record, when I wanted to use my maiden name after divorce I was told that it was quite straightforward.....the name on my birth certificate is a name I am always legally entitled to use. And there is no legal requirement of course to take your husbands surname on marriage.
russiandoll
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Miraflores on 12.10.11 17:28

Yes crispy roll, that is the
difference in the UK as far as I am aware. Legally your name changes.
But for personal and professional reasons, you can of course keep using
your maiden name. It`s clearly different in Germany and probably in
other countries too.



No - legally your name does not have to change on marriage. This link explains it. http://www.ukdps.co.uk/AWomansRightsUponMarriage.html#OptionsNoDeedPoll
Miraflores
Miraflores

Posts : 845
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Guest on 12.10.11 17:31

Thanks for the clarification. I guess what I should have asked is whether it is obligatory in the UK for a married woman to use her married name on a birth certificate even if she intends not to use it at all.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Miraflores on 12.10.11 18:46

@alison wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I guess what I should have asked is whether it is obligatory in the UK for a married woman to use her married name on a birth certificate even if she intends not to use it at all.

Interesting question. I found this link, which although from a specific local authority, will be stating national rules:
http://www.richmond.gov.uk/home/community_and_living/births/registration_of_births/details_needed_to_register_a_birth.htm
The key part says the mother needs to supply

  • Maiden surname
  • Surname at marriage if different from maiden surname
So if Kate chose to keep her maiden name there was no reason to give a married name. So why does Kate say that she was Healy until Madeleine disappeared? OK in the grand scheme of things it's trivial, but it does leave you wondering how much of what Kate says is reliable.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Posts : 845
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April - Page 2 Empty Re: The McCanns family trip to Sagres 30th April

Post by Guest on 13.10.11 8:13

The thing is on a birth certificate, if Kate had used Healey, the children and all the generations that follow them, could question if Kate and Gerry were really married, at the time the children were born. Later on in life when the children start work and have to show a birth certificate to an employer, it will look like their parents were not married and someone could comment on that. So the obvious thing to do would be to make sure their birth certificates looked shall we say, in order and complete !!
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum