The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Book Ban Overturned

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Book Ban Overturned

Post by Shibboleth on 30.10.10 19:00

@Cheshire Cat wrote:
@Angelique wrote:I think the McCanns have reached the Catch 22 position - they can neither move forward or pull out. Moving on means they require cash - hence the German connection - doing nothing else means paying damages possibly but GA costs anyway. Directors jumping ship - Rowling, Branson etc. nowhere on the horizon. Only Kennedy may come to the rescue

Return to Portugal to declare their innocence - mission impossible - too risky.

Anyone here play chess - what would you do ?

Angelique

Kennedy is so deeply involved in this case, of course he will "come to the rescue", he will spend whatever it takes to keep the case from being re-opened!

If he can. He may be losing quite a lot of money at the moment in the recession.
avatar
Shibboleth

Posts : 500
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-10-16
Location : Jaffa - Tel Aviv

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Ban Overturned

Post by aiyoyo on 31.10.10 6:08

@Cherry wrote:I would think a lot of people are going to be worried if they look into the Fund more closely including Kennedy imo

Oh if BK was in it all along, he knew the Fund is illegal.

Thing is we dont know why he involved himself to the extent he did.....surely not about protecting the mccanns...who are the mccanns to him anyway.
The other conclusion is he was somehow involved...as in maybe provided them info about the terrain which was useful to the mccanns after all he was familiar with PDL owning a Golf course there. He is not white as snow that's a given.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Ban Overturned

Post by aiyoyo on 31.10.10 6:15


The forensic psychologist Dr. Christian Lüdke leads a company in Essen which supports the victims of robberies, kidnappings, accidents or disasters. He spoke with WELT ONLINE about the possible motives of the McCann couple in the tragic case of the abduction of Madeleine.

WELT ONLINE: You have warned, since early on, that the behaviour of Gerry and Kate McCann indicates their involvement in the crime. What has made you feel that way?

Christian Lüdke: I have, in recent years, cared for many parents who lost their children due to acts of violence. Most of them were under severe shock, feeling helpless, desperate and withdrawn. Many also quarralled. They blamed themselves hugely for not having looked after their child adequately.

WELT ONLINE: It was different with the McCanns?

Lüdke: They live very differently. In public, they are harmonious. Already, after only a few days they went jogging, as if that was a normal thing to do, always appearing together. These parents took matters into their own hands instead of leaving matters in the hands of the police. They distanced themselves from their two other children by going on a European tour, that to me is very strange.

WELT ONLINE: Maybe it was an accident?

Lüdke: No. In such a case, after the first shock, they would have trusted the police. Both parents are doctors, in case of an accident they would have tried to get help. It is even more unrealistic that of all people two doctors would leave 3 children alone in a strange environment, even more at night. I have many doctors as patients. As professionals they know all that can happen to children, and as parents they are overly protective.

WELT ONLINE: What could have been the motive to cause their own daughter's disappearance?

Lüdke: There are parents who have little or no emotional bond with a child. Often such a child is considered a burden that must be dealt with in a brutal or perverted way. The best known is Münchhausen Syndrome by Proxy: The mother tortures the child until it is almost dead and then calls for the police because she herself has a great desire to receive attention.

WELT ONLINE: Do you think it is possible that Madeleine's parents have killed Madeleine and together hidden her?

Lüdke: I believe both parents know what happened.

WELT ONLINE: It means, the McCanns planned the death of their daughter?

Lüdke: Yes, it is possible that they planned this a long time ago, they must at least have played it through in their minds many times and they must have spoken about it together. Otherwise they would now be contradicting each other.

WELT ONLINE: When parents are guilty of killing their child, do they block this fact out of their minds?

Lüdke: Unlikely. Both have clear consciousness, give interviews, travel. It is easier for them to lie than to speak the truth. One can probably exclude a psychosis. Many things point toward a mental disorder. The children of the McCanns were conceived artificially; that can lead to problems in parenthood. Maybe there were self esteem issues that were not openly addressed. Maybe the child had to die due to a problem that had lasted many years.

WELT ONLINE: But the McCanns seem perfect and loving parents.

Lüdke: That public image can be due to a guilt mechanism, like doing a media campaign, to distract attention away from the real problem.

WELT ONLINE: Why do they not go back to Great Britain?

Lüdke: That also speaks against them. When someone loses a child they want to be with their loved ones in a secure environment. By continuing to stay at that resort, where something terrible happened, the worse that can happen to a parent - that is, to lose a child - indicates a survival instinct. As in a mental cinema, these pictures would be constantly running over again. That the McCanns do not return home, where they would have memories of the beautiful times spent with their child, can be seen as an evasive action, in order to avoid having to deal with what they have done.

WELT ONLINE: The world thinks it is impossible that these parents can be guilty.

Lüdke: The media have possibly been taken in by the McCanns. They very quickly attended only after them, instead of around the child. The parents were accompanied like the Beckhams. In his Internet diary, the father writes almost daily about that and other irrelevant/banal things, the shirt he was wearing, what the weather is like. No father in despair could do this. Statistically 70 percent of all the violence against children is caused by the parents, family members or friends. That has unfortunately, to a large extent, not been looked into. The Portuguese police were attacked unfairly when they tried to refer in that direction.

WELT ONLINE: They have already expressed suspicions about the parents, when hardly anyone wanted to know about it. Have you been criticized for it?

Lüdke: Yes, very severely. There were open letters, a campaign on the Internet with professional associations. And I have done no more than look at the whole thing as an outsider.

While we are on the book issues, and why the mccanns didnt touch the other two books' authors, let's relook at

the forensic psychologist Dr. Christian Lüdke's interview. This interview was patently obviously critical of the mccanns, in fact implying Maddie's death might have been planned (as in discussed) long ago by her parents, which if not libellous then how can what Amaral said be?

They are hypocrites, the mccanns, they cant be selective about it who can make that kind of remarks and who cant. Team Amaral only have to cite the DVD release as a good example....that the thesis that Maddie is dead and her parents involved was mooted by the official investigators based on evidence - how can investigators' thesis be libellous and Amaral headed the team then.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Ban Overturned

Post by Irish Eyes on 31.10.10 7:41

candyfloss wrote:Anyone seen the pic of the Queen reading GA's book on Joana's site



[url=http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/10/goncalo-amaral-to-launch-maddie-truth.html#comment-form
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/10/goncalo-amaral-to-launch-maddie-truth.html#comment-form[/quote[/url]]

Some of her readers think she made that picture and she hasn't put them right
avatar
Irish Eyes

Posts : 101
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Ban Overturned

Post by aiyoyo on 31.10.10 8:08

In real life I cant see that happening ie the queen reading the book, or the book going on bookshelves in Uk for that matter. Not for any other reason than because if there's an ongoing investigation, which technically speakly there should be since the case is not closed, the book readily available in UK now could be used as excuse by team mccanns to claim unfair trial.

First of all, for self perservation reason the mccanns would get an injunction against it.
Even if they dont, then also potential publisher might have to play prudent and clear with lawyers before taking on such a publication because of the hugh publicity surrounding the case and high profile mccanns.
If the mccanns were protected then there's no way the book is going to appear in UK.
If they're not, then there's still the issue of applying caution in the avoidance of jeopardising future trial, not forgetting the undelying libel contention.

If Amaral published in English Version in say USA, available for online purchase then readership is restricted somehow to a narrow margin, then that's a different matter.
What is not going to happen is the book going on obvious display in Waterstone or Tesco or whatever, just my view anyway. Of course I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.

Let's hope there's something new to reopen the case or previously disallowed evidence now permissable to reopen the case. Or, a change in poliical scene in PT and PP now allows prosecution.
That's the only way this case can move forward. Obviously if libel takes place before that eventuality, we'll have to see where that leads to......what is that going to lead to.....new evidence produced (that is no released on DVD) to re-arguido the mccanns and retain them in PT. We shall see.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Ban Overturned

Post by Shibboleth on 31.10.10 9:26

Are you serious? The Queen follows Eastenders and drinks Mateus Rose! She is actually very interested in what "ordinary" people see and do. I bet she would read the book.
avatar
Shibboleth

Posts : 500
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-10-16
Location : Jaffa - Tel Aviv

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Ban Overturned

Post by kathyBelle on 31.10.10 9:49

@aiyoyo wrote:In real life I cant see that happening ie the queen reading the book, or the book going on bookshelves in Uk for that matter. Not for any other reason than because if there's an ongoing investigation, which technically speakly there should be since the case is not closed, the book readily available in UK now could be used as excuse by team mccanns to claim unfair trial.

First of all, for self perservation reason the mccanns would get an injunction against it.
Even if they dont, then also potential publisher might have to play prudent and clear with lawyers before taking on such a publication because of the hugh publicity surrounding the case and high profile mccanns.
If the mccanns were protected then there's no way the book is going to appear in UK.
If they're not, then there's still the issue of applying caution in the avoidance of jeopardising future trial, not forgetting the undelying libel contention.

If Amaral published in English Version in say USA, available for online purchase then readership is restricted somehow to a narrow margin, then that's a different matter.
What is not going to happen is the book going on obvious display in Waterstone or Tesco or whatever, just my view anyway. Of course I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.

Let's hope there's something new to reopen the case or previously disallowed evidence now permissable to reopen the case. Or, a change in poliical scene in PT and PP now allows prosecution.
That's the only way this case can move forward. Obviously if libel takes place before that eventuality, we'll have to see where that leads to......what is that going to lead to.....new evidence produced (that is no released on DVD) to re-arguido the mccanns and retain them in PT. We shall see.

Hi aiyoyo, the case is closed/shelved, if it wasn't, the McCanns would not have been able to gain access to the files. The only way the McCanns could gain access to the files, was if the investigation into Madeeline's disappearance ceased and the case closed/shelved. The McCanns agreed to the closing of the case and said they would use their own private detectives to investigate Madeleine's disappearance.

I am not even sure if Goncalo Amaral would have been able to speak about the case as freely as he has done, if the case was still open. Even though Dr Amaral is not a police officer, he was involved with the investigation, for a number of months, until he was removed. I'm sure someone will be able to say if that was so.

kathyBelle

Posts : 560
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-03-16
Location : None

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Ban Overturned

Post by Angelique on 31.10.10 17:02

@aiyoyo wrote:In real life I cant see that happening ie the queen reading the book, or the book going on bookshelves in Uk for that matter. Not for any other reason than because if there's an ongoing investigation, which technically speakly there should be since the case is not closed, the book readily available in UK now could be used as excuse by team mccanns to claim unfair trial.

First of all, for self perservation reason the mccanns would get an injunction against it.
Even if they dont, then also potential publisher might have to play prudent and clear with lawyers before taking on such a publication because of the hugh publicity surrounding the case and high profile mccanns.
If the mccanns were protected then there's no way the book is going to appear in UK.
If they're not, then there's still the issue of applying caution in the avoidance of jeopardising future trial, not forgetting the undelying libel contention.

If Amaral published in English Version in say USA, available for online purchase then readership is restricted somehow to a narrow margin, then that's a different matter.
What is not going to happen is the book going on obvious display in Waterstone or Tesco or whatever, just my view anyway. Of course I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.

Let's hope there's something new to reopen the case or previously disallowed evidence now permissable to reopen the case. Or, a change in poliical scene in PT and PP now allows prosecution.
That's the only way this case can move forward. Obviously if libel takes place before that eventuality, we'll have to see where that leads to......what is that going to lead to.....new evidence produced (that is no released on DVD) to re-arguido the mccanns and retain them in PT. We shall see.
aiyoyo

I think you are correct. If it went on sale here the - Mccanns would love it - they could sue him as our laws in the UK are different. I believe TM are actively counter-spinning and want to convince GA to publish here so they can access money for the Fund.

The point you raise regarding a future trial may indeed already have been jeopardised - it is a 'wait and see' situation as you say. We really won't know what the result of the lifting of the ban will be until the McCanns come out and show their hand.

Messing about in German is just a distraction. Proof that the fund is legit.

Angelique


____________________
Things aren't always what they seem
avatar
Angelique

Posts : 1396
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Ban Overturned

Post by kathyBelle on 31.10.10 17:41

@Angelique wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:In real life I cant see that happening ie the queen reading the book, or the book going on bookshelves in Uk for that matter. Not for any other reason than because if there's an ongoing investigation, which technically speakly there should be since the case is not closed, the book readily available in UK now could be used as excuse by team mccanns to claim unfair trial.

First of all, for self perservation reason the mccanns would get an injunction against it.
Even if they dont, then also potential publisher might have to play prudent and clear with lawyers before taking on such a publication because of the hugh publicity surrounding the case and high profile mccanns.
If the mccanns were protected then there's no way the book is going to appear in UK.
If they're not, then there's still the issue of applying caution in the avoidance of jeopardising future trial, not forgetting the undelying libel contention.

If Amaral published in English Version in say USA, available for online purchase then readership is restricted somehow to a narrow margin, then that's a different matter.
What is not going to happen is the book going on obvious display in Waterstone or Tesco or whatever, just my view anyway. Of course I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.

Let's hope there's something new to reopen the case or previously disallowed evidence now permissable to reopen the case. Or, a change in poliical scene in PT and PP now allows prosecution.
That's the only way this case can move forward. Obviously if libel takes place before that eventuality, we'll have to see where that leads to......what is that going to lead to.....new evidence produced (that is no released on DVD) to re-arguido the mccanns and retain them in PT. We shall see.
aiyoyo

I think you are correct. If it went on sale here the - Mccanns would love it - they could sue him as our laws in the UK are different. I believe TM are actively counter-spinning and want to convince GA to publish here so they can access money for the Fund.

The point you raise regarding a future trial may indeed already have been jeopardised - it is a 'wait and see' situation as you say. We really won't know what the result of the lifting of the ban will be until the McCanns come out and show their hand.

Messing about in German is just a distraction. Proof that the fund is legit.

Angelique


Hi Angelique, if Goncalo Amaral does decide to have his book published in the UK, I believe he will already know that the McCanns have no grounds to sue him. If he thinks there is the slightest chance that the McCanns could get their hands on any of the proceeds from the book, he won't go ahead. He will have it published where he knows the McCanns cannot touch a penny of the money.

kathyBelle

Posts : 560
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-03-16
Location : None

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Ban Overturned

Post by aiyoyo on 01.11.10 5:57

@kathyBelle wrote:

Hi aiyoyo, the case is closed/shelved, if it wasn't, the McCanns would not have been able to gain access to the files. The only way the McCanns could gain access to the files, was if the investigation into Madeeline's disappearance ceased and the case closed/shelved. The McCanns agreed to the closing of the case and said they would use their own private detectives to investigate Madeleine's disappearance.

I am not even sure if Goncalo Amaral would have been able to speak about the case as freely as he has done, if the case was still open. Even though Dr Amaral is not a police officer, he was involved with the investigation, for a number of months, until he was removed. I'm sure someone will be able to say if that was so.

I beg to differ. Shelving is not the same as closing for good. It only mean the case is cold.......

Unsolved cases are never really shut for good.
Closed for good means a trial has been had and case determined one way or the other in Court bringing it to a closure.

The mccanns case was shelved because all avenues were exhausted, rendering it pointless to keep it active and ongoing to a fruitless purpose......until something new comes to hand then it will be reviewed and/or reopened again. But it is not a closure for the victim...it never will be until her perpetrators are caught and answerable to crime against her.

Shelved meaning no longer actively investigated vs ongoing meaning still considerably looked in vs closed meaning closure for good = an outcome had for the victim and perpetrators punished.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Ban Overturned

Post by aiyoyo on 01.11.10 6:32

@Angelique wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:In real life I cant see that happening ie the queen reading the book, or the book going on bookshelves in Uk for that matter. Not for any other reason than because if there's an ongoing investigation, which technically speakly there should be since the case is not closed, the book readily available in UK now could be used as excuse by team mccanns to claim unfair trial.

First of all, for self perservation reason the mccanns would get an injunction against it.
Even if they dont, then also potential publisher might have to play prudent and clear with lawyers before taking on such a publication because of the hugh publicity surrounding the case and high profile mccanns.
If the mccanns were protected then there's no way the book is going to appear in UK.
If they're not, then there's still the issue of applying caution in the avoidance of jeopardising future trial, not forgetting the undelying libel contention.

If Amaral published in English Version in say USA, available for online purchase then readership is restricted somehow to a narrow margin, then that's a different matter.
What is not going to happen is the book going on obvious display in Waterstone or Tesco or whatever, just my view anyway. Of course I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.

Let's hope there's something new to reopen the case or previously disallowed evidence now permissable to reopen the case. Or, a change in poliical scene in PT and PP now allows prosecution.
That's the only way this case can move forward. Obviously if libel takes place before that eventuality, we'll have to see where that leads to......what is that going to lead to.....new evidence produced (that is no released on DVD) to re-arguido the mccanns and retain them in PT. We shall see.
aiyoyo

I think you are correct. If it went on sale here the - Mccanns would love it - they could sue him as our laws in the UK are different. I believe TM are actively counter-spinning and want to convince GA to publish here so they can access money for the Fund.

I'm sure if the book in intended for publication in UK, Amaral's legal team will have to check libel aspects before that undertaking, afterall we know UK is sucker for sue culture.
I suspect Amaral's intention is to get them to face him down in Court where the investigators' version will get aired, but it wont happen in the UK Court for a long time (if ever). Amaral needs to be careful afterall UK is mccanns territory and UK legal machinery works somewhat different from PT.

His best hope is if mccanns withdraw libel, either that, or get the libel heard as quickly as possible, win the case then his chance of counter suing the mccanns is very good. And feasibility of English publication say in USA or Australia greatly enhanced by winning the libel. Even then I dont see how he can published in UK without legal complications. At best, english version only enables UK public to read alternate version, showing the mccanns story to be questionable thereby exposing their lies, but wont be good enough for the purpose of apprehending the culprits.
The best chances of getting them in Court for a successful conviction is if there's new irrefutable evidence.

Right now, both sides are into this long haul, because even the libel verdict can be appealed and probably counter-appealed, which will be hugh financial strain and mental stress for both sides. Stake for mccanns is higher, because if they loses they'll have to bear legal cost of Amaral team as well. On top of that, they cant bleat on about their exoneration or continue to sue other authors without regards or continue to threaten people with laywer's letters as freely as they willed without concerns for repercussions.

Right now the mccanns side is not looking bright because the latest rulings were setback for them. Unless Isabel Duarte produces a miracle strategy........their chances of winning the libel is behind that of Amaral.

The point you raise regarding a future trial may indeed already have been jeopardised - it is a 'wait and see' situation as you say. We really won't know what the result of the lifting of the ban will be until the McCanns come out and show their hand.

Well, if it goes to trial (if ever) doubtless the mccanns are definitely going to find way to get off - like play the unfair-trial card because so much negatives against them had been published/broadcasted since they were arguidoed. They are going to blame the negative publicities for prejudising their chance of a fair trial.

The thing is if a trial is brought about it would mean investigators have sufficent evidence to prosecute, whether a successful conviction verdict is had or not, or whether case will be rendered invalid for the purpose of fair trial because of some technicalities is another matter. But if it ever goes to court; evidence presented and published the mccanns will never ever be viewed as innocent in the eyes of the public even if a successful conviction is not had. They will always be seen as getting off on technicalities and not because they are innocents ....which will make a great difference .....Take for example : OJ Simpson. Did people ever believe his innocence?




Messing about in German is just a distraction. Proof that the fund is legit.

Angelique


I still hope there's already sufficient daming evidence in the files and if presented to a different PP might re-open the case,hence a trial. We'll have to see what pens out.
avatar
aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

New VIDEO Gonçalo Amaral's Book Ban Overturned -McCanns Not Returned Books.

Post by HiDeHo on 22.08.11 11:28

Gonçalo Amaral's Book Ban Overturned -McCanns Not Returned Books.



avatar
HiDeHo
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 2592
Reputation : 738
Join date : 2010-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Ban Overturned

Post by Ashwarya on 22.08.11 17:23

Brilliant video, HideHo. I so wish I could do something to help the poor man and his family.
avatar
Ashwarya

Posts : 141
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

The Truth of the Lie

Post by skinner on 02.04.17 9:45

Come on English book publishers what are you waiting for, the book in Engish will be a huge best seller and give people


a lot more information on this case than the red tops ever did.


Some one please tell me it will be in print this summer.
avatar
skinner

Posts : 2
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-02-22
Location : SE London

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum