The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

FORUMOTION: TECHNICAL PROBLEMS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FORUMOTION: TECHNICAL PROBLEMS

Post by Verdi on 21.10.18 13:04

Would CMoMM members please note:  

Forumotion are having technical problems which is preventing some members from logging-on.  You are asked to be patient whilst the forumotion technical team resolve the issues.

Thank you.

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUMOTION: TECHNICAL PROBLEMS

Post by Verdi on 22.10.18 1:40

Bumped for Monday morning.  Problem not yet resolved.

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 22.10.18 13:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

waiting

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 22.10.18 19:54

Away in Dorset all weekend and unable to connect to any Forumotion sites via a TalkTalk link. Now back home and no problem through BT.

I noticed another member on the CMOMM facebook page was having the same problem, also in Dorset.

Strange, but no doubt there is a good explanation.
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 22.10.18 21:19

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Away in Dorset all weekend and unable to connect to any Forumotion sites via a TalkTalk link. Now back home and no problem through BT.

I noticed another member on the CMOMM facebook page was having the same problem, also in Dorset.

Strange, but no doubt there is a good explanation.
Thanks Doug D, I see your above comments, picked up on facebook,  have been reported by an admin at forumotion.

Very helpful indeed 2thumbs .

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 23.10.18 1:38

Forumotion are still not able to resolve the issue at present.

If any member is having difficulty accessing the forum, or knows of anyone else who is having problems, would you please identify the problem here.

The more information forumotion has the better the chances of a speedy solution. 

Thank you.

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 23.10.18 8:18

Verdi, can you or someone who is a member of the CMOMM FB group put your post on there, as anyone with problems can't see this.
I couldn't get any info from anywhere over the weekend.
Doug D

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 23.10.18 9:31

I've posted on the Forumotion facebook page that I think it's got something to do with Talk Talk Home Safe blocking 'suspicious' websites.

I've turned my Home Safe settings off and can log-in to the forum with a proxy again. Obviously I won't be able to do any admin panel work because everything is encrypted which is no good.

I've emailed Talk Talk to ask why they've blocked Forumotion. I don't think it's a forumotion problem because I can't see any forumotion websites without a proxy.

Jill Havern

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 23.10.18 11:39

According to a post on the official support forum, which has worked for me:

Clear your local DNS cache to make sure that you grab the most recent cache that your ISP has. For Windows - Start > Command Prompt > type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter.

Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 09.11.18 16:00

Is the Forum still having problems. I sent a PM yesterday, but according to my sent box, it's not in there. However, it is still in my outbox. Any suggestions about what I can do to send it?
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 09.11.18 20:35

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Is the Forum still having problems. I sent a PM yesterday, but according to my sent box, it's not in there. However, it is still in my outbox. Any suggestions about what I can do to send it?

If you're referring to the most recent reported problems highlighted directly above ^^^,  it would not affect PMs sent or received on the forum.

From what you say, the most likely explanation is the member you sent the PM to hasn't opened the PM - it will remain in your outbox until such times as the recipient opens the PM, then and only then will the message appear in the sent box. Perhaps the member hasn't been online? You could post mention on the forum to the recipient, telling whoever that there is a PM waiting for them - or if you don't want to do that, give it a little time or send another PM in the hope that it doesn't escape notice.  

OK?

Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophiebubbles on 20.12.18 9:44

Good morning and Merry Christmas ….my problem seems to appear that I am unable to log out …...I google Jill Havern portal and am taken straight into forum which is not problematic but after browsing and I log out it appears to me anyway that I'm stll continually logged in. thanks in advance for advice.
Sophiebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 20.12.18 9:55

Hi Sophiebubbles and Merry Christmas to you too!

1. It works for me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2. If you only close the tab instead of logging out completely then it takes 1 hour for you to appear offline.

Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophiebubbles on 20.12.18 15:49

Thanks Jill ...will try that ...x
Sophiebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophiebubbles on 28.12.18 18:10

Good evening …….I am still appearing TO BE LOGGED IN CONTINUALLY.   I am never asked to log in.  The system may have changed and I may be doing something wrong...I catch up on topics, log out only to find on my next visit I get the WELCOME sign just by clicking on the forum name.  Jill suggested I just click on close tab a few days ago …..or is this normal for me to see only? thanks in advance for your help.
Sophiebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 28.12.18 19:20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Good evening …….I am still appearing TO BE LOGGED IN CONTINUALLY.   I am never asked to log in.  The system may have changed and I may be doing something wrong...I catch up on topics, log out only to find on my next visit I get the WELCOME sign just by clicking on the forum name.  Jill suggested I just click on close tab a few days ago …..or is this normal for me to see only? thanks in advance for your help.
I am having a more difficult time trying to post. Today, on both occasions, when I've posted comments, I have to prove I am not a robot. girlno
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 28.12.18 19:44

How annoying sallypelt. Are you trying to post just text, or images too? Have you tried deleting forum cookies or your browser cookies? It's not happening for me...

Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 28.12.18 21:56

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:How annoying sallypelt. Are you trying to post just text, or images too? Have you tried deleting forum cookies or your browser cookies? It's not happening for me...
Just text, Jill. I did get to post the two posts, but each time I had to prove I wasn't a robot. Nothing serious, but a little annoying when some of the photos were dark, and I couldn't make out if there was a car or not lol!

Editing to add that I had no such problem with this post, so it appears that the problem is solved
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 28.12.18 22:54

Sometimes if you try to copy and paste an image you'll get the 'prove you're not a robot' thingy because Forumotion don't like it...so the best way to post an image is to use the servimg host facility. follow the pink arrows...save an image on your PC desktop (or however you do it on a mobile device) and then upload it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 14.02.19 12:43

It looks as though Forumotion are having another 'mare today.

Not sure if anyone else is having problems but I keep getting 'insecure' warnings saying the SSL certificate has expired (which it hasn't, but I've temporarily disconnected it anyway) - Forumotion are aware of the problem and are working to fix it...so members might now seen the red padlock instead of the green one in the url thingy.

This is happening on all Forumotion sites that have an SSL certificate. Sites that don't pay for it aren't affected.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 14.02.19 13:13

The problem is resolved now.

Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: