The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!


Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Mark Willis on 06.06.18 6:58

@aquila wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:That's my "like" up there, Aquila.
Why thank you kind sir. I'm missing the monopoly wheeze.
Let's face it, our Monopoly game is the best bit of this thread. People from all over the planet (and a few nearby ones) are tuning in to see who's winning. As the "boot" you have shown you know all about cobblers, hence sussing this Prof Horan Utang out, day one.
Anyway, throw another double that's Jail for you, Aquila...
avatar
Mark Willis

Posts : 627
Reputation : 223
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 62
Location : Beverley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by aquila on 06.06.18 10:48

@Mark Willis wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:That's my "like" up there, Aquila.
Why thank you kind sir. I'm missing the monopoly wheeze.
Let's face it, our Monopoly game is the best bit of this thread. People from all over the planet (and a few nearby ones) are tuning in to see who's winning. As the "boot" you have shown you know all about cobblers, hence sussing this Prof Horan Utang out, day one.
Anyway, throw another double that's Jail for you, Aquila...
It's not easy being a boot especially when people on twitter accuse one of having no sole.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8888
Reputation : 1799
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Rogue-a-Tory on 06.06.18 11:15

@Jill Havern wrote:
Thomas Henry Horan
Education and Media Consultant
Greater St. Louis AreaHigher Education


Thomas Henry Horan is the author of several books of fiction and nonfiction, as well as poetry and journalism. An education and media consultant, Thomas delivers editing, illustration, marketing, production, and policy solutions to authors, publishers, recording artists, companies, and educators and institutions around the world. He has taught writing classes of all levels at several Saint Louis regional colleges, including UMSL, Lindenwood University-Belleville, and Saint Charles Community College, where he also serves on the President's Advisory Team. Thomas's work has appeared in diverse publications, including Crab Orchard Review, The Carolina Quarterly, Kerouac's Dog, and Midwestern Gothic, and his short story, "Ivy,"​ was awarded the James Jones Literary Society Prize for short fiction. His three-book nonfiction series The Great Zodiac Killer Hoax, published in 2015, is rapidly gaining a wide audience in the U.S. and Europe. Thomas can be seen and heard discussing his work on KTVI Fox TV 2, The Generation Why Podcast, True Crime Uncensored with Burl Barer, Darkness Radio, and other investigative journalism programs. He has survived cancer, Killer Bees, Reaganomics, The Blizzard of '78, The Macarena, The Great Recession, and fatherhood.


Lots more on this thread:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-henry-horan-70471347


Sounds impressive huh?

If anyone googles Professor Thomas Henry Horan they may well end up finding this thread... think

https://www.google.com/search?q=professor+tom+horan+madeleine+mccann&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

Personally I’m deeply suspicious of this poster and suspect it’s not who it purports to be.

Loads of red flags for me - calling out members for using forum usernames, refusing to engage with any provided reading material, answers or explanations, trying to engage in personal skype calls outside the forum, a narrow agenda to focus on the first 24 hours/PJ mistakes and especially using a gmail account to make personal contact off the forum (any research academic worth their salt would use their university email account).

As stated before I’m also suspicious why this poster with this type of agenda appears so soon after the Jim Duffy debate on the Scotsman. A debate that contained several pro-TM PIs that held very similar views to ‘Professor Horan’.
avatar
Rogue-a-Tory

Posts : 575
Reputation : 412
Join date : 2014-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by polyenne on 06.06.18 11:41

Rogue-a-Tory
That same picture is used on Amazon.com as the author of "his" books. I agree that doesn't necessarily mean anything and could be, in his words, bupkus

polyenne

Posts : 888
Reputation : 525
Join date : 2017-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Jill Havern on 06.06.18 11:43

@Rogue-a-Tory wrote:
@Jill Havern wrote:
Thomas Henry Horan
Education and Media Consultant
Greater St. Louis AreaHigher Education


Thomas Henry Horan is the author of several books of fiction and nonfiction, as well as poetry and journalism. An education and media consultant, Thomas delivers editing, illustration, marketing, production, and policy solutions to authors, publishers, recording artists, companies, and educators and institutions around the world. He has taught writing classes of all levels at several Saint Louis regional colleges, including UMSL, Lindenwood University-Belleville, and Saint Charles Community College, where he also serves on the President's Advisory Team. Thomas's work has appeared in diverse publications, including Crab Orchard Review, The Carolina Quarterly, Kerouac's Dog, and Midwestern Gothic, and his short story, "Ivy,"​ was awarded the James Jones Literary Society Prize for short fiction. His three-book nonfiction series The Great Zodiac Killer Hoax, published in 2015, is rapidly gaining a wide audience in the U.S. and Europe. Thomas can be seen and heard discussing his work on KTVI Fox TV 2, The Generation Why Podcast, True Crime Uncensored with Burl Barer, Darkness Radio, and other investigative journalism programs. He has survived cancer, Killer Bees, Reaganomics, The Blizzard of '78, The Macarena, The Great Recession, and fatherhood.


Lots more on this thread:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-henry-horan-70471347


Sounds impressive huh?

If anyone googles Professor Thomas Henry Horan they may well end up finding this thread... think

https://www.google.com/search?q=professor+tom+horan+madeleine+mccann&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

Personally I’m deeply suspicious of this poster and suspect it’s not who it purports to be.

Loads of red flags for me - calling out members for using forum usernames, refusing to engage with any provided reading material, answers or explanations, trying to engage in personal skype calls outside the forum, a narrow agenda to focus on the first 24 hours/PJ mistakes and especially using a gmail account to make personal contact off the forum (any research academic worth their salt would use their university email account).

As stated before I’m also suspicious why this poster with this type of agenda appears so soon after the Jim Duffy debate on the Scotsman. A debate that contained several pro-TM PIs that held very similar views to ‘Professor Horan’.
Unfortunately I believe he is the person who he purports to be.

The email address he's used on this forum leads to his google+ account (18 followers since 2103), his LinkedIn account, his twitter account (217 followers since 2012) and his blog (where he posts in the same style as here) http://zodiachoax.blogspot.com/2013/10/i-got-little-list-of-zodiac-lies.html

He doesn't seem to be very popular wherever he goes and whatever he does!
avatar
Jill Havern


Posts : 12085
Reputation : 5668
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by aquila on 06.06.18 11:55

What happened to the belief that Malinka's email address was credible?
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8888
Reputation : 1799
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Jill Havern on 06.06.18 12:00

@aquila wrote:What happened to the belief that Malinka's email address was credible?
I stand by that too.

As far as I can tell that was the real Sergey Malinka who was here. 

Just as it was the real Colin Sutton!

i don\'t know
avatar
Jill Havern


Posts : 12085
Reputation : 5668
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Mark Willis on 06.06.18 12:50

@aquila wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:That's my "like" up there, Aquila.
Why thank you kind sir. I'm missing the monopoly wheeze.
Let's face it, our Monopoly game is the best bit of this thread. People from all over the planet (and a few nearby ones) are tuning in to see who's winning. As the "boot" you have shown you know all about cobblers, hence sussing this Prof Horan Utang out, day one.
Anyway, throw another double that's Jail for you, Aquila...
It's not easy being a boot especially when people on twitter accuse one of having no sole.
<< GROANS >> lol!  celebrate
Wait up....2-3-4-5-6-7. CHANCE. I'll take that Chance! Reads:
"You are offered an American Professorship from the Mickey Mouse University of Saint Louis. Having demonstrable talents you naturally place the card back quickly and say nothing to anyone....."
avatar
Mark Willis

Posts : 627
Reputation : 223
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 62
Location : Beverley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Verdi on 06.06.18 13:05

@Mark Willis wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:That's my "like" up there, Aquila.
Why thank you kind sir. I'm missing the monopoly wheeze.
Let's face it, our Monopoly game is the best bit of this thread. People from all over the planet (and a few nearby ones) are tuning in to see who's winning. As the "boot" you have shown you know all about cobblers, hence sussing this Prof Horan Utang out, day one.
Anyway, throw another double that's Jail for you, Aquila...
Maybe if there is an Algarvian version of Monopoly, your virtual game might be more enticing and/or topical.

Meanwhile you're at least keeping the thread active - I'm sure the Professor will thank you for that.

eyebrows

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 8961
Reputation : 3952
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by sallypelt on 06.06.18 13:22

Read the comments regarding Thomas Henry Horan, on this link:

http://zodiacrevisited.com/the-great-zodiac-killer-hoax-of-1969/

The man is a legend in his own lunchtime. He appears to have the arrogant approach to everyone he communicates with, just has he's been doing on this thread for the last week or so.

Here is a taster for those who do not like clicking on links. These are responses to Thomas H Horan's comments:


Anyway, it’s hard for me to take you seriously. You’re adding very little (if anything) of value to the discussion of the Zodiac. And you’re insulting pretty much everybody (other than yourself) on this website. Not to mention, you’re running over to your so-called blog on blogspot and writing articles that insult me directly.
****

Zodiac Revisited 13 August, 2012 at 18:48



I have refused to publish a number of his replies. But it’s not because he’s proved anything (he hasn’t – surprise, surprise…). Rather, he’s consistently disrespectful to people, including Mike Kelleher, Tom Voigt, You, Morf, or me… If he’d just reply in a respectful manner, I’d publish it. I’m a reasonable person. But he’s not interested in respectfully defending his position. He wants to misrepresent, name call, harass, etc. The way I see it, people can go over to blogspot if they want that.

sallypelt

Posts : 3741
Reputation : 854
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Professor Horan

Post by willowthewisp on 06.06.18 13:58

@sallypelt wrote:Read the comments regarding Thomas Henry Horan, on this link:

http://zodiacrevisited.com/the-great-zodiac-killer-hoax-of-1969/

The man is a legend in his own lunchtime. He appears to have the arrogant approach to everyone he communicates with, just has he's been doing on this thread for the last week or so.

Here is a taster for those who do not like clicking on links. These are responses to Thomas H Horan's comments:


Anyway, it’s hard for me to take you seriously. You’re adding very little (if anything) of value to the discussion of the Zodiac. And you’re insulting pretty much everybody (other than yourself) on this website. Not to mention, you’re running over to your so-called blog on blogspot and writing articles that insult me directly.
****

Zodiac Revisited 13 August, 2012 at 18:48



I have refused to publish a number of his replies. But it’s not because he’s proved anything (he hasn’t – surprise, surprise…). Rather, he’s consistently disrespectful to people, including Mike Kelleher, Tom Voigt, You, Morf, or me… If he’d just reply in a respectful manner, I’d publish it. I’m a reasonable person. But he’s not interested in respectfully defending his position. He wants to misrepresent, name call, harass, etc. The way I see it, people can go over to blogspot if they want that.
Hi Sallypelt,so it would seem as though,Mr Thomas Horan is one of those creatures trapesing over the rickity Bridge,with his heavy clogs trip trapping to his beat,perhaps he knows Martin Brunt of Big jim Gamble,they could fill in some of the first 24 hr gaps,experts at handing dossiers to very friendly Metropolitan Police commanders,Balloon raising fund events,ah Sir Bernard,a word in your shell like!
avatar
willowthewisp

Posts : 2358
Reputation : 893
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Verdi on 06.06.18 13:59

The internet by way of facebook, twitter and blogs has exposed more and more academics to be nothing better than school kids brawling in the playground.  It never ceases to amaze me how they can show themselves up before the world, when at the same time holding respectable covetous positions in their respective professions.

Professor Horan for example, claims to be a teacher of linguistics if I remember rightly - look at his style of writing during his short membership here, 11+ failure every time. I fear for his students if that's his level of teaching prowess.

Still, much like the untold story and numerous other projects apparently still in the pipeline - just another day at the office!

waiting 

Is CMoMM the only group actually doing something constructive in the name of Madeleine McCann?  I think so!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 8961
Reputation : 3952
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by aquila on 06.06.18 16:21

@Jill Havern wrote:
@aquila wrote:What happened to the belief that Malinka's email address was credible?
I stand by that too.

As far as I can tell that was the real Sergey Malinka who was here. 

Just as it was the real Colin Sutton!

i don\'t know
Thanks Jill, that has removed my doubt that it was the real Malinka.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8888
Reputation : 1799
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by aquila on 06.06.18 18:35

@Mark Willis wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:That's my "like" up there, Aquila.
Why thank you kind sir. I'm missing the monopoly wheeze.
Let's face it, our Monopoly game is the best bit of this thread. People from all over the planet (and a few nearby ones) are tuning in to see who's winning. As the "boot" you have shown you know all about cobblers, hence sussing this Prof Horan Utang out, day one.
Anyway, throw another double that's Jail for you, Aquila...
It's not easy being a boot especially when people on twitter accuse one of having no sole.
<< GROANS >> lol!  celebrate
Wait up....2-3-4-5-6-7. CHANCE. I'll take that Chance! Reads:
"You are offered an American Professorship from the Mickey Mouse University of Saint Louis. Having demonstrable talents you naturally place the card back quickly and say nothing to anyone....."
Don't knock these squallifications. I'll have you know that Lorraine Kelly was awarded a doctorate having never been to university.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8888
Reputation : 1799
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Mark Willis on 06.06.18 19:04

Aquila: "Don't knock these squallifications. I'll have you know that Lorraine Kelly was awarded a doctorate having never been to university."


I think that says it all. I mean she is infuriatingly naive IMO.

Meanwhile, it is you admins and mods that are allowing this nonsense to continue, not us. At least me and Aquila are doing something constructive in the meantime.
avatar
Mark Willis

Posts : 627
Reputation : 223
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 62
Location : Beverley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by aquila on 06.06.18 19:14

@Mark Willis wrote:Aquila: "Don't knock these squallifications. I'll have you know that Lorraine Kelly was awarded a doctorate having never been to university."


I think that says it all. I mean she is infuriatingly naive IMO.

Meanwhile, it is you admins and mods that are allowing this nonsense to continue, not us. At least me and Aquila are doing something constructive in the meantime.
I am let down by your lack of acknowledgement of my deliberate mis-spelling of qualifications. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8888
Reputation : 1799
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Jill Havern on 06.06.18 19:45

@Mark Willis wrote:Aquila: "Don't knock these squallifications. I'll have you know that Lorraine Kelly was awarded a doctorate having never been to university."


I think that says it all. I mean she is infuriatingly naive IMO.

Meanwhile, it is you admins and mods that are allowing this nonsense to continue, not us. At least me and Aquila are doing something constructive in the meantime.
lalala
avatar
Jill Havern


Posts : 12085
Reputation : 5668
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Mark Willis on 06.06.18 20:37

@aquila wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:Aquila: "Don't knock these squallifications. I'll have you know that Lorraine Kelly was awarded a doctorate having never been to university."


I think that says it all. I mean she is infuriatingly naive IMO.

Meanwhile, it is you admins and mods that are allowing this nonsense to continue, not us. At least me and Aquila are doing something constructive in the meantime.
I am let down by your lack of acknowledgement of my deliberate mis-spelling of qualifications. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200.
Dash it all! Ok. What next? Cluedo? 
How about a game of "Allow the shill to disrupt the forum for days on end?"
Oh wait. We're still engaged in that...
pop2
avatar
Mark Willis

Posts : 627
Reputation : 223
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 62
Location : Beverley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by aquila on 06.06.18 21:08

@Mark Willis wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@Mark Willis wrote:Aquila: "Don't knock these squallifications. I'll have you know that Lorraine Kelly was awarded a doctorate having never been to university."


I think that says it all. I mean she is infuriatingly naive IMO.

Meanwhile, it is you admins and mods that are allowing this nonsense to continue, not us. At least me and Aquila are doing something constructive in the meantime.
I am let down by your lack of acknowledgement of my deliberate mis-spelling of qualifications. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200.
Dash it all! Ok. What next? Cluedo? 
How about a game of "Allow the shill to disrupt the forum for days on end?"
Oh wait. We're still engaged in that...
pop2
My niece died last week and I have been taking my mind off things by engaging in banter. I am bereft and will be leaving the forum today. I have been trying to write a eulogy for her and I am struggling to find the words to say how much I loved her whilst being mindful of the emotions of everyone else suffering this tragic loss.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8888
Reputation : 1799
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Ladyinred on 06.06.18 21:15

So sorry to hear of your loss, Aquila. 

Take care of yourself. X
avatar
Ladyinred

Posts : 95
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-11-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Lossincasa on 06.06.18 21:31

My condolences Aquila :/
avatar
Lossincasa

Posts : 8
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by polyenne on 06.06.18 21:36

Be strong Aquila, I’m sure you’ll find the right words. You have my sincere condolences, it’s clear you were very close

polyenne

Posts : 888
Reputation : 525
Join date : 2017-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Mark Willis on 06.06.18 21:56

Very sad to hear that, Aquila. I don't know what else to say.
avatar
Mark Willis

Posts : 627
Reputation : 223
Join date : 2014-05-14
Age : 62
Location : Beverley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by sandancer on 06.06.18 22:22

You have the words aquila , you said how much you love her that's all you need .

She will always be with you sweetly remembered , Celebrate her life with love .

____________________
Be humble for you​ are made​ of earth . Be noble for you​ are made of stars .
avatar
sandancer

Posts : 585
Reputation : 824
Join date : 2016-02-18
Age : 65
Location : Tyneside

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Basil with a brush on 06.06.18 23:39

Sorry Aquila.

____________________
The lying didn't end it, the insult to my intelligence did.
avatar
Basil with a brush

Posts : 120
Reputation : 96
Join date : 2017-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum