The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as many of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by BlueBag on 02.12.17 21:23

@MayMuse wrote: I believe the discolouration or mottling is bruising ?
I don't think so.

The discolouration or mottling is a product of picture "enhancement".

The original picture is the original picture. Everything else after that is up for grabs.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by JRP on 02.12.17 21:24

I altered the colour balance of the image to see if the item on the wall could be seen any clearer, it wasn't done to highlight Madeleine's face.
It does however saturate and darken the colours in her face which cannot be seen in the original. What those marks are, I have no idea. 
I think it should be pointed out that this image has been compressed, it is only 468 x 316 pixels and it could have started life as a youtube video.

Edited to add, Bluebags comment above, I agree with.

JRP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 02.12.17 21:38

I agree the photo could have come from a snapshot from the video clip....however the different "hue" on Madeleine's skin tone is apparent on that image and in the video. The enhancement has only exaggerated it in my opinion. So I'll agree to disagree :)

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 02.12.17 21:45

'The original picture'....and I agree with MayMuse that there is a difference in skin tone , especially on the neck. Is this foundation?
worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 02.12.17 21:57

@worriedmum wrote:'The original picture'....and I agree with MayMuse that there is a difference in skin tone , especially on the neck. Is this foundation?
I don't believe it's foundation, if it is then it is expertly applied?

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 02.12.17 22:50

If you download the photo and zoom in to the darkness, you can see inside the room. I can see a swivel desk chair, with a cushion on it and a writing desk. It looks like book cases on the back wall but not sure.
Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 02.12.17 23:03

Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 02.12.17 23:14

Looking more closely, it might not be a swivel desk chair. It could be an armchair or small sofa (the basic type you find in holiday apartments) with a round small glass table in front of it. I can't make out the objects but you can definitely see that it's a room with lots of things in it. It looks quite cluttered to me.
Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 02.12.17 23:29

Not sure but when I clicked on that image it it says my computer is now infected with 3 viruses? I hope not!

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 02.12.17 23:55

I sincerely hope not too MayMouse. I just downloaded the image from here and zoomed in, took a screen shot and then uploaded it again. I'm not aware my computer has a virus but I will scan it now.
Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabrielle Matters on 03.12.17 2:24

The Gorrods have a lantern that matches the "thermometer" photo. Pity the make-up photo does show the edge of the "black" segment on the left, in order to match it to the shining Aluminium sliding Gorrod doors rather than the rather dirty apartment doors and grotty curtains in 5H.
Gabrielle Matters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabrielle Matters on 03.12.17 2:33

Whenever that make-up photo shows up in a conversation in this forum, I am haunted by the eyes that look like black wells, the angle of the ears, and the perfect white waxy skin. Does anybody see the eyes and skin as typically post-mortem? Does anybody see the ears as pointing towards you rather than down as is normal when one is standing? To me she seems to be propped up from a lying position.
Gabrielle Matters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 03.12.17 2:41

@Gabrielle Matters wrote:The Gorrods have a lantern that matches the "thermometer" photo. Pity the make-up photo does show the edge of the "black" segment on the left, in order to match it to the shining Aluminium sliding Gorrod doors rather than the rather dirty apartment doors and grotty curtains in 5H.
Really? Do you have a picture of that you can upload here?

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 03.12.17 8:21

@Gabrielle Matters wrote:Whenever that make-up photo shows up in a conversation in this forum, I am haunted by the eyes that look like black wells, the angle of the ears, and the perfect white waxy skin. Does anybody see the eyes and skin as typically post-mortem? Does anybody see the ears as pointing towards you rather than down as is normal when one is standing? To me she seems to be propped up from a lying position.
Yes, I do. I'm not very good at this but my initial gut instinct tells me she's being propped up. She doesn't look like she is standing to me and I get the feeling that the back of her hair at the neckline is pushed forward, like something is supporting the neck. It's just a first impression I get looking at the photo though. 
Do you have a photo of the Gorrod's apartment? To the left of the photo I can see a lamp on the small table and to the right just on the left side of Madelliene's head I can see a climbing plant.
Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 03.12.17 8:39

I don't want to upload any more photos because MayMuse suggested they might be infected, but whilst changing the brightness and contrast etc to try and see the background more clearly, the plant on the right comes up green but also the space under Madeleine's left ear and her neck where there is a black background on the initial photo and you can't see her hair properly, well it shows up like you can see the plant in the background through her hair. If it's not a mistake due to me changing colours and things, then her hair is being held away at the back of her head. 
It would be great if someone more experienced could look into these things and if I'm wrong, explain why I am seeing this. 
I won't say anymore now in case I'm hindering more than helping. My apologies for any inconveniences I may have caused.
Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 03.12.17 8:53

I think I can make out a framed pic/small shelf structure on the wall top of pic above what you think could be a swivel chair copoden.

or it could be a fold down chair like the brightly coloured plastic dressing table/fold down chairs in a childs playroom.  Very difficult to make out though and as you say the room does look tidily cluttered in the picture imo.

Also what I think looks like a framed picture/small shelf on the wall looks to have two large eyes and a wide open mouth.   Like a muppet sort of character but not a muppet if that makes sense - OR it could be a small shelf with ornaments on it?

Anyway you have done well imo copden posting that pic.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 03.12.17 9:12

Thank you Plebgate. There are splodges over the background image which make it more difficult to see the room. I don't know what they are, but if there is  glass between the room and outside, then they could be dirty marks on the windows..but the plant I see to the right (if it is a plant) seems to be protruding through the gap which makes me think there is no window there. At the very least, even if I'm seeing things wrong, you can definitely see that there is a room in the background with furniture.
Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 03.12.17 9:22

I couldn't see anything you described last night Copodenieve, but this morning, in daylight, I think I can.

I've messed around with the colour/brightness to see if this helps.

I would also like to see the Gorrod's apartment please...
Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 03.12.17 9:58

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:

I couldn't see anything you described last night Copodenieve, but this morning, in daylight, I think I can.

I've messed around with the colour/brightness to see if this helps.

I would also like to see the Gorrod's apartment please...

I'am waiting for a reply from @April28th if this is Gorrods apartment or an apartment in the same complex.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on 03.12.17 10:09

I honestly can't see furniture of any type. What I see is suggestive of some kind of plumbing/ electrical boxes and pipes further back on the dark wall. There seems to be gouges in the plaster and oddly, a clear number 9. I don't think they are smudges on glass, they are definite shapes with defined edges. Could it be a boiler-house interior? The type with a control box, valves, pipes etc on a wall further back in the darkness?
Phoebe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 03.12.17 10:52

Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 03.12.17 11:00

If you look to the right of the Gorrod's apt window..that looks like the crawling plant I can see in the other photo to the left of Madeleine's hair.
Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 03.12.17 11:11

I think this photo was taken on an apartment balcony during the holiday some time before Thursday 3rd. I think the black area to the left is a patio door.

I cannot see any reason why we cannot see anything in that area other than blackness when the opposite side of the photo is perfectly clear and bright.

I think the area has been sprayed black in Photoshop so that we cannot see the contents of the room, or perhaps people in the room. Perhaps it was sprayed black to conceal anything which would give away it's location or cover anyone who was there.

I think the "furniture" some people are seeing is the effect of a bad black spray job, and parts of the original photo are showing through as random lighter lines. Couple this with our old friend "Digital artifacts" and the lines become more prominent.

To show what I mean, I've covered the right side in black paint.

I also think the black areas around Madeleine's neck area have been "blacked out" as it looks too dark to be natural shadow. The hair just disappears in those areas. 

Just my opinion of course.

JRP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 03.12.17 11:32

I can clearly see a lamp on a small table to the left. I similar ceiling lamp ...a small glass table with one centre leg and three base floor stabilising legs (sorry, not good at describing things) I thought the table was round at first but after playing with the lighting I can now see that it is square. Behind the glass table, I would say there is an armchair if I look at it in a 3D sort of way and above the chair an oblong mirror on the back wall (or could be a picture)  There are splodges all over the area which distracts from seeing through the clear bits. Also I think there are reflections on the windows which also cause confusion.
Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 03.12.17 11:55

The worriedmum wrote:'The original picture'....and I agree with MayMuse that there is a difference in skin tone , especially on the neck. Is this foundation?

The differences in colour are because the image has been saved. Everytime a photo is saved in a different format than the original it is 'compressed', data is lost.....differences in colour appear 'harsher' because this version is now lower quality. There is less range between the tones, so light areas get lighter, dark aras look darker etc.  Google 'compression artefacts'. It's also responsible for the 'shapes' people are thinking might be furniture too.

Using compressed images and seeing patterns/ objects has been discussed many times before, there's no point looking for clues in a photo that is such low quality.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum