The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 14 Mm11

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 14 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 14 Mm11

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 14 Regist10

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 14 Empty Re: Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by crusader 25.06.20 18:26

I have given it a great deal of consideration, many, many hours in fact.
If you look carefully you will see that the bead in her hair is in fact a plastic bow, the only similarity to the bead in her hair in the last photo is the colour.
Madeleine is not wearing a necklace in the last photo, so to have dressed her in gold coloured plastic beads in the make-up photo, Kate would have had to pack them.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 916

Back to top Go down

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 14 Empty Re: Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by Smokeandmirrors 25.06.20 20:57

Please can someone tell me how to insert a picture onto a post? I'm not the sharpest with this forum set-up.

Hair bead/clip - if anyone knows what young children's hair us like, or young children for that matter, iit is highly unlikely that a hair accessory lasts for very long. Young children's hair, particularly fair hair, if often fine and silky and hair clips 8er sl6 slip out and get lost. Why do you think they are often sold in 6/8/10 packs? 

That hair clip would be lucky to survive a week especially from home to holiday. 

It's possible the picture could have been taken shortly before the holiday from hell, but the stucco ocre wall is definately more med-style. Of course it will have been long since painted white imo after the release of this picture wink 

Just as an aside, and going back to a theory from a few yrs back, the GM comment on RM "I'm not going to comment on that" is potentially relevant to this photograph. I don't recall it being completely discounted as a factor.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 25.06.20 21:28

Richard D Hall wrote:I'm appealing today if anyone has knowledge of where these types of thermometer may have been installed.  Remember this in 2007 and the likely location is in the algarve, possibly in or near praia da luz.  If you can recall seeing this kind of thermometer or that type on that coloured textured background or have photographs, please get in touch. 
The subject of this thread, originally posted here on CMOMM in November 2017.  The appeal is quite clear, to my knowledge no one has come forward with any helpful information or photographic evidence.  The thread has therefore exhausted it's purpose.

You can take a 50 to 1 consensus in favour of one particular opinion as to what the thing is but it won't make it any more so.  Anymore than repeating something over and over again makes it factual.

Fact of the matter is, the provenance of the image is not known and is very unlikely will ever be known.  Unless as I said earlier, someone steps forward and lays claim to it's origin.  It could be anywhere on the planet and any time.

Personally I don't think it's a true photograph or a still from video footage.  The image is bland, no facial contours or natural colouring.  Remember Jon Corner is a media creative director - maybe he was just being creative, albeit inappropriate through the eyes of many.  Plus Kate McCann doesn't strike me as the sort of person to use light blue eye shadow, that's usually reserved for ladies of a certain age.  Nor can I believe a shadow pallet was packed for playtime - of any description!

Even if you believe the image to be genuine and the thing on the wall a particular thing, it will never ever tell you the exact location or the time/date it was taken.

This really is a waste time and effort.  Realistically the thing on the wall could be anything and it could anywhere.

NB:  The hair adornment is completely different to that shown in the poolside photograph.  One is a ribbony bow thing and the other is an elasticy band thing.  Both pink granted but she was a little girl - they love anything pink.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Activity : 27484

Tony Bennett dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 25.06.20 22:13

@Verdi wrote:
Richard D Hall wrote:I'm appealing today if anyone has knowledge of where these types of thermometer may have been installed.  Remember this in 2007 and the likely location is in the algarve, possibly in or near praia da luz.  If you can recall seeing this kind of thermometer or that type on that coloured textured background or have photographs, please get in touch. 

NB:  The hair adornment is completely different to that shown in the poolside photograph.  One is a ribbony bow thing and the other is an elasticy band thing.  Both pink granted but she was a little girl - they love anything pink.

@Verdi, your comment above is not based on evidence.

I have viewed hundreds of photos of Madeleine, as no doubt you also have. 

I have only ever seen ONE other photo of her with a hair bead.

It would be a remarkable coincidence if she just 'happens' to have been wearing pink bow/bands on the very same day (29 April 2007), as some suggest.

This photo interests people. For that reason alone, the discussion here on it should continue

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 23897

Jill Havern likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 25.06.20 23:34

I agree with Tony. It is a forum, after all.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2815

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 26.06.20 0:22

Tony

Kate made a point of telling us that she carefully removed something from Madeleines hair. I am not sure what that was. I think that she claimed to have done this on May 3rd, but that May if been April 29th, thats assuming there is any truth in it.

Could she have be referring to this bead or whatever it was?
sharonl
sharonl
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Activity : 10114

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 26.06.20 1:09

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Verdi wrote:

@Verdi, your comment above is not based on evidence.

I have viewed hundreds of photos of Madeleine, as no doubt you also have. 

I have only ever seen ONE other photo of her with a hair bead.

It would be a remarkable coincidence if she just 'happens' to have been wearing pink bow/bands on the very same day (29 April 2007), as some suggest.

This photo interests people. For that reason alone, the discussion here on it should continue
@Tony, the evidence is in the documented images..

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 14 Index19
An elastic tie

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 14 Make_u11
A bow

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 14 Scree701
Another taken from Jon Corner's video

I made no comment about other photographs showing Madeleine with pink hair adornment - I said ....

NB:  The hair adornment is completely different to that shown in the poolside photograph.  One is a ribbony bow thing and the other is an elasticy band thing.  Both pink granted but she was a little girl- they love anything pink

.... as you have quoted in your reply.

Add to that, I'm not trying to shut down discussion about the image showing Madeleine with blue smudges over her eyes, which as I said, I don't think is genuine, I'm merely pointing out the appeal made by Richard D Hall - the subject of this thread, has exhausted itself.

The subject being the thing on the wall behind Madeleine's head.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 26.06.20 1:10

@worriedmum wrote:I agree with Tony. It is a forum, after all.
Of course you do, I wouldn't expect any more from a longstanding faithful forum member such as you.

So .... bring it on dear worriedmum, bring it on!

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Jill Havern and Boosey dislike this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 26.06.20 5:07

So, to take things back to zero, in 2007 there would have been CCTV footage of the Tapas 9 baggage going out of their various UK airports.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 12779

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 26.06.20 5:51

@sharonl wrote:Tony

Kate made a point of telling us that she carefully removed something from Madeleines hair.  I am not sure what that was.  I think that she claimed to have done this on May 3rd, but that May if been April 29th, thats assuming there is any truth in it.

Could she have be referring to this bead or whatever it was?
Obviously, Kate told us about removing this hair bead in order to 'prove' the story that the Last Photo was really taken on Thursday 3 May.

Thanks almost entirely to the diligent work of Petermac on CMMOM, we now have a very different understanding of when that photo was really taken.

And that changes EVERYTHING.

What a crying shame that Goncalo Amaral and his PJ team never discovered this serious deception

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Silverspeed likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 26.06.20 5:59

@crusader wrote:I have given it a great deal of consideration, many, many hours in fact.
If you look carefully you will see that the bead in her hair is in fact a plastic bow, the only similarity to the bead in her hair in the last photo is the colour.
Madeleine is not wearing a necklace in the last photo, so to have dressed her in gold coloured plastic beads in the make-up photo, Kate would have had to pack them.
Well, then, let us think carefully about this.

WHO put the necklace around Madeleine's neck? NOT MADELEINE

WHO fixed the hair bead/bow in her hair? NOT MADELEINE

WHO applied the eyeshadow to Madeleine's face? NOT MADELEINE

Many say that Madeleine appears to be wearing some lipstick and even eye-liner. If that is right, WHO applied these things? NOT MADELEINE.

Given the yellow/ochre stucco background that strongly suggests this photo was taken in Portugal, we should at least THINK about what the answers may be

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 26.06.20 7:01

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@crusader wrote:I have given it a great deal of consideration, many, many hours in fact.

Many say that Madeleine appears to be wearing some lipstick and even eye-liner. If that is right, WHO applied these things? NOT MADELEINE.

Given the yellow/ochre stucco background that strongly suggests this photo was taken in Portugal, we should at least THINK about what the answers may be

Are you thinking possibly along the same lines as myself in that "someone", possibly has a "prop collection" on hand for photo shoots? Or is that a step too far I wonder....

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 26.06.20 8:08

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

Are you thinking possibly along the same lines as myself in that "someone", possibly has a "prop collection" on hand for photo shoots? Or is that a step too far I wonder....

I don't think that could be ruled out.

IF that photo was taken Sunday afternoon/evening, and IF as some say, there is no credible, independent evidence that Madeleine was alive after then, this controversial Make-Up Photo may be of huge significance.

And then we need to understand why Madeleine looks utterly miserable in that photo

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 14 Zzzzzz28

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 26.06.20 8:13

Why can't it be as simple as a little girl playing with her mummy? There has been a lot of nonsense talked about this photo, some seeing bruises around Madeleine's neck, others saying she looks dead, others saying they feel sick and need a lie down etc, that is their opinion.
I will say again, in MY opinion and after a great deal of thought, It is just a little girl playing make-up with her mummy.
And just for the record, my tiny back yard is painted that colour and I live in the North of England.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 26.06.20 8:52

@crusader wrote:Why can't it be as simple as a little girl playing with her mummy? There has been a lot of nonsense talked about this photo, some seeing bruises around Madeleine's neck, others saying she looks dead, others saying they feel sick and need a lie down etc, that is their opinion.
I will say again, in MY opinion and after a great deal of thought, It is just a little girl playing make-up with her mummy.
And just for the record, my tiny back yard is painted that colour and I live in the North of England.

Hi Crusader.

Who took the photograph?
Why was the photograph taken?
When do you think that this photograph was taken?
Where do you think that this photograph was taken?
Who applied the make up?
Is is possible to keep a 3 yr old still long enough to apply make up?
Does Madeleine look like she's happy and having fun?
Why publish such a photograph when you suspect that the child is in the hands of a paedophile gang?

Bare in mind that Kate not only had 2 other children, she spent very little time with any of them. They were in the creche all day and them put to bed after tea.

sharonl
sharonl
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag 26.06.20 8:57

I also have to say that many houses in Ireland are painted that colour.

I think too much might be being read into that picture. Little girls do like to play grown up/make-up.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Activity : 10951

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 26.06.20 9:01

@BlueBag wrote:Little girls do like to play grown up/make-up.
True.

But they usually end up looking like this

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 14 Make_u11

George Orwell, '1984': "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Activity : 32241

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 26.06.20 9:30

thanks
@Verdi wrote:
@worriedmum wrote:I agree with Tony. It is a forum, after all.
Of course you do, I wouldn't expect any more from a longstanding faithful forum member such as you.

So .... bring it on dear worriedmum, bring it on!
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 26.06.20 9:40

@crusader wrote:Why can't it be as simple as a little girl playing with her mummy? There has been a lot of nonsense talked about this photo, some seeing bruises around Madeleine's neck, others saying she looks dead, others saying they feel sick and need a lie down etc, that is their opinion.
I think if Madeleine had looked like some-one just playing, it would not have caused so much discussion. On every other picture of Madeleine I have seen bar one, she looks happy. (The other one is the one of Kate in a hammock with a cross-looking toddler Madeleine, all looking perfectly normal if not exactly happy!) Her expression here is odd.

Also while your wall may be painted that colour, the blue of the (chair?) suggests holiday destinations and I think it is a thermometer on the wall. The light makes it look like it's sunny and the length of Madeleine's hair and fringe would , I think, place it very close in time to the date of her disappearance.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 26.06.20 10:11

Hi Sharon, to answer your points.
1 I believe Kate took the photo.
2 It was taken because that is the kind of thing you do after having a good time playing or maybe to show Gerry or the Grandparents ie look what we were doing today.
3 I can't be sure when it was taken, my guess would be sometime before the holiday.
4 at home.
5 Kate would probably have taken it at home.
6 No its not possible to keep a 3 yo still long enough to apply make-up, hence the smudged look.
7 Madeleine looks like she is having her photo taken possibly looking into a mirror. I have a very similar photo of my Granddaughter taken to show her parents after we had been playing with make-up.
8 I don't think the McCanns thought the photo was in anyway other than an innocent little girl.
9 If the photo was taken in the UK as I believe it was, your last point doesn't apply.
This is my opinion on the photo and until evidence proves me wrong, my opinion is unchanged.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 26.06.20 10:38

It was a strange picture to publish imo. 

A picture with her face upright not leaning back would make more sense. It can't be argued that it was to add anything useful to the equation, such as identification, because it's not the normal demeanour.

Even if the picture was taken in entirely innocent circumstances, of the multitude of pictures available for publication this one is odd as it's neither joyful or a proper view of a young child's face, it's just very strange. 

It received much criticism from a wide variety of commentators at the time including professionals, not just enthusiastic armchair sleuths. 

When you had a couple who were being so heavily criticized and were also engaged with PR advisors, one would have thought that they would have been mindful of any and all consequence and critique of their "output".

I think it really stuck out like a sore thumb and people's gut feeling was that there was something totally "off" about it  -  when something instantly jars with a whole range of people there's probably a valid reason for that reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 26.06.20 10:58

People's gut feeling that there was something totally "off" about it, was because of the subject matter.

If I posted the photo of my Granddaughter which is very similar and totally innocent, would it be viewed with suspicion, repulse and worse?
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 26.06.20 19:17

@crusader wrote:Hi Sharon, to answer your points.
1 I believe Kate took the photo.
2 It was taken because that is the kind of thing you do after having a good time playing or maybe to show Gerry or the Grandparents ie look what we were doing today.
3 I can't be sure when it was taken, my guess would be sometime before the holiday.
4 at home.
5 Kate would probably have taken it at home.
6 No its not possible to keep a 3 yo still long enough to apply make-up, hence the smudged look.
7 Madeleine looks like she is having her photo taken possibly looking into a mirror. I have a very similar photo of my Granddaughter taken to show her parents after we had been playing with make-up.
8 I don't think the McCanns thought the photo was in anyway other than an innocent little girl.
9 If the photo was taken in the UK as I believe it was, your last point doesn't apply.
This is my opinion on the photo and until evidence proves me wrong, my opinion is unchanged.

5. Are you sure that Kate would have taken it at home? Where is that background?

Wouldn't you normally ask a child to smile for the camera if you were taking a picture to show Daddy or Grandma?  Why photograph an unhappy looking child?

This picture was considered very inappropriate by many people, even some McCann supporters. Even certain Newspapers and Mark Williams-Thomas commented on how inappropriate it was.

It was labelled and is still widely known as "The Lolita photo."

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 14 Mwttwitter02052010
sharonl
sharonl
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cookiemuncher 26.06.20 19:29

@crusader wrote:People's gut feeling that there was something totally "off" about it, was because of the subject matter.

If I posted the photo of my Granddaughter which is very similar and totally innocent, would it be viewed with suspicion, repulse and worse?
But your granddaughter isn't missing under very, very, very strange circumstances is she?

Sometimes I think that the McCanns are laughing in our faces as they know they have their backs covered from every angle and they will never be dragged through a court of law.
cookiemuncher
cookiemuncher

Activity : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 26.06.20 21:24

It is MY opinion of the photo, I'm not trying to convert  anybody on this forum to my way of thinking, If any member  believes I'm wrong, that's ok by me. Don't waste your time with me, come up with the proof that Madeleine was made up and photographed in Praia Da Luz for wholly inappropriate reasons.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum