The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Mm11

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Regist10

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Empty Re: Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by NickE on 10.12.17 20:34

@Phoebe wrote:The blue plastic item, so often referred to as part of a chair- back, looks more like a plastic paddle for a dinghy or canoe. The ridge that can be seen seems to become wider and deeper towards the lower part of the object (as in the picture below) I imagine this would make a chair-back uncomfortable

eRichard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 9k=.
Great observation.
I think we are very close.
Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Canoe-10
NickE
NickE

Back to top Go down

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Empty Re: Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by sallypelt on 10.12.17 20:46

Could the blue object in the make up pic be part of a blue paddle? I have posted both, side by side for people to make up their own minds. Personally, I think it could well be a paddle.

Blue object in the make-up pic
Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 ZRichard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 2Q==
                                                                                Part of the blue paddle
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 10.12.17 20:49

The consensus of opinion on CMoMM is that Madeleine met with her fate most probably on Sunday 29 April 2007 but certainly before Tuesday 1st May 2007. One of the compelling clues that support this opinion is what has become known as 'the last photograph', being the photograph of Madeleine with her father and sister sitting at the poolside sometime around lunchtime. Extensive research indicates that 'the last photograph' was taken at lunchtime, or early afternoon, on Sunday 29th April. So, assuming that to be correct, Madeleine has been placed as a normal happy three year old at that time and date.

My question is, if as has been concluded with reasonable evidence, Madeleine was alive and well around midday on Sunday 29th April but vanished before Tuesday 1st May - what opportunity was there for an adult to apply make-up and take a photograph in an unknown location? Even if there was something sinister going on involving the main players and Madeleine, would they take a photograph of her wearing make-up? Why would they do that and then publish the photograph in the public domain?

In short - what opportunity was there for all this skullduggery to take place?

Is it really likely that the McCanns or any of their friends/acquaintances dressed Madeleine and applied make-up for whatever reason, whilst on a weeks holiday at some resort on the Algarve? The image doesn't ever look convincing - it's just not right, with or without wall brackets, blue objects or any other paraphernalia. This makes no sense at all. Between arrival at the Ocean Club on Saturday 28th April and Tuesday 1st May, Madeleine was taken somewhere to be dressed up, made-up and photographed?

Personally, I believe this image of Madeleine was created by Jon Corner for the 2010 appeal video. I can't be convinced it has any other relevance. I've already said why I think he made the video.

I could of course be wrong.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 10.12.17 21:01

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Madele19

Original Photo from Birmingham Mail

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Madele20

Blue Paddle Inserted over Blue Object and sized to fit

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Madele23

Colour altered to better match the original

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Madele24

Original Photo Left - Inserted Paddle Photo Right
JRP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Royston on 10.12.17 21:17

@Verdi wrote:
Royoyston wrote:Every day is a school day. So Ben Salmon and April 28th are the same person. I'm afraid I take little notice of who writes, only what's written.
I have endeavoured to argue that the item is not a thermometer as it is obviously of a tubular shape and stands well off the wall. I'm suggesting it is the item seen at C5C or one of the same type in what would have to be a close replica of the location.

I represent the search for the truth of what happened to Madeleine McCann. Are we on the same side or not?
Sorry, I'm not with you - who was at school every day?

I totally disagree with your comment, I quote.."If neither of the two police forces have investigated Ben Salmon's suggested location then that is a major failing of their duty to Madeleine McCann that both countries should be ashamed of".  If the police took on board every theory presented by members of the public, they would never get around to doing what they're there to do -  investigating crime.

That aside, I've asked Ben Salmon on many occasions when he was a member of CMoMM, to provide the source of information which he used to theorize but he never responded.  In the absence of any verification of the many claims made, I struggle to see any merit in his 'research'.  If Ben Salmon passed his theories to the police and they didn't take it seriously, I strongly suggest it was for the same reason - they didn't take it seriously!

There is nothing to suggest the Gorrod family were complicit with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann - in any way shape for form.
For everyone who "learns something new every day", the worldwide saying is now that "everday is a school day". I'm sure you knew that already though.

Are you now saying that Madeleine McCann was not the victim of a crime? She has been missing for ten years, and even if she is still alive there have been many unsolved crimes carried out against her.
This thread that we are all posting on is trying to establish if there are any clues in the "make-up" photo that can establish if it was taken during the holiday. 
The photo was released after she had been missing for three years and has left a lot of people very upset. Now, I've never been a policeman, but if I was, and was allocated this case, I would be visiting the parents and their friend who produced this picture and demanding that they show me where this picture was taken. They may have a valid answer to the question, but if it has not been investigated it is nothing short of a disgrace that the police have not followed this up.
Rob Royston

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 10.12.17 21:21

@JRP That's amazeballs! 

I think that's is a great match and could be the blue object...thanks to @Phoebe too for the suggestion, as does this provide confirmation it is a "holiday" location? 

I've been looking at the "fixed" surroundings comparing images and videos... could this place be the image of the property shown further upthread?

Apologies for some reason I was unable to quote your images here.

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 10.12.17 21:31

@Rob Royston wrote:For everyone who "learns something new every day", the worldwide saying is now that "everday is a school day". I'm sure you knew that already though.

Are you now saying that Madeleine McCann was not the victim of a crime? She has been missing for ten years, and if she is still alive there have been many unsolved crimes carried out against her.
This thread that we are all posting on is trying to establish if there are any clues in the "make-up" photo that can establish if it was taken during the holiday. 
The photo was released after she had been missing for three years and has left a lot of people very upset. Now, I've never been a policeman, but if I was, and was allocated this case, I would be visiting the parents and their friend who produced this picture and demanding that they show me where this picture was taken. They may have a valid answer to the question, but if it has not been investigated it is nothing short of a disgrace that the police have not followed this up.

1. Every day is a school day = learns something new every day? No, I have never heard of the expression before.

2. I was responding to your comment alone, I quote .... .

"If neither of the two police forces have investigated Ben Salmon's suggested location then that is a major failing of their duty to Madeleine McCann that both countries should be ashamed of".

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 10.12.17 21:40

@JRP That's amazeballs! 

I think that's is a great match and could be the blue object...thanks to @Phoebe too for the suggestion, as does this provide confirmation it is a "holiday" location? 

I've been looking at the "fixed" surroundings comparing images and videos... could this place be the image of the property shown further upthread?

Apologies for some reason I was unable to quote your images here.

+1 Yes good find @Phoebe, I think what was once known as a chair or a shirt, is a paddle.
JRP

Back to top Go down

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Empty some thoughts

Post by worriedmum on 10.12.17 21:48

Regarding the suggestion that the the metallic object is a winch handle for the sun canopy, you can see that the winch handle is further along the wall in the picture of the Gorrod's apartment. I think that a thermometer is a very plausible possibility because it is asymmetrical and so is the object on the wall.

There are a lot of buildings reflected in the 'happy Gerry' patio windows, including what looks like a tower;are there any towers on the complex?

The top of the wall on the 'Gerry' video  appears to be straight. He is conducting a conversation with someone inside the building, and the blonde lady is standing behind him. If you look at the wall closest to the patio doors, it is higher and curved on the Gorrod's apartment next to the patio doors.

Going back to the make-up picture, the big question for me is why would you take the time to black out the interior of the apartment?

I don't want to go OT but I do think this is relevant here---
WHY does Madeleine have a darkened arm and so it appears by contrast a 'white hand' on the tennis photo and WHY does she have a wavy pink line just where the kink in her neck is where it joins to her 'white' lower neck?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Royston on 10.12.17 21:53

@JRP wrote:Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Madele19

Original Photo from Birmingham Mail

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Madele20

Blue Paddle Inserted over Blue Object and sized to fit

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Madele23

Colour altered to better match the original

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Madele24

Original Photo Left - Inserted Paddle Photo Right
I saw this as a shoulder in a blue shirt but I have to admit that it could be a paddle. I pulled on a shirt in front of the mirror, tucked it in and sat down on a chair. When I pushed my shoulder forward it creased below the seam in a similar way to what is seen in the picture. I imagined I was seeing a seam in the "make-up" picture although it is not well defined. It may be that I am seeing staining on the paddle from the seawater dripping down from the end of the handle pocket.
Rob Royston

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 10.12.17 21:58

If it's a paddle, is it reasonable to suppose that this is a holiday let and  not the home of a resident?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 10.12.17 22:01

Never let it be said that by revisiting areas whether they be images, statements or anything in this case is not worth it...it so is and credit to those who have the tenacity to keep going to produce results and shine further light... thank you all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 10.12.17 22:06

@worriedmum wrote:If it's a paddle, is it reasonable to suppose that this is a holiday let and  not the home of a resident?
I think it's reasonable to imply it's a holiday destination...after all what's a paddle without a boat, or a canoe?  big grin
And the ocean?

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 10.12.17 22:36

Can someone help to estimate the distance between Madeleine and the wall?

NickE

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 10.12.17 22:40

@NickE,
If we knew Madeleine's height and the length of that paddle, could somebody calculate the distance between them,  presuming the paddle is up against the wall.

I think Tony said she was 3 foot 3 inches.
JRP

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 10.12.17 22:40

@MayMuse wrote:
@worriedmum wrote:If it's a paddle, is it reasonable to suppose that this is a holiday let and  not the home of a resident?
I think it's reasonable to imply it's a holiday destination...after all what's a paddle without a boat, or a canoe?  big grin
And the ocean?
m1264

Yes,sorry , what I meant was, a holidaymaker would bring things up to their patio. A resident would have a garage or other area to put things like that in. no need to clutter up outdoor living space..
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Royston on 10.12.17 22:41

@worriedmum wrote:Regarding the suggestion that the the metallic object is a winch handle for the sun canopy, you can see that the winch handle is further along the wall in the picture of the Gorrod's apartment. I think that a thermometer is a very plausible possibility because it is asymmetrical and so is the object on the wall.

There are a lot of buildings reflected in the 'happy Gerry' patio windows, including what looks like a tower;are there any towers on the complex?

The top of the wall on the 'Gerry' video  appears to be straight. He is conducting a conversation with someone inside the building, and the blonde lady is standing behind him. If you look at the wall closest to the patio doors, it is higher and curved on the Gorrod's apartment next to the patio doors.
You're right. I see the winding crank for the canopy at C5C is on the outside wall. I had imagined that the canopy would be fixed to the brick/concrete wall but it looks like it is attached to the facia board below the gutter. It looks like quite a thick facia so maybe made that way on purpose. So the item at C5C, is it a lamp or some kind of washing line holder? I see another one at the other end of the doors although it looks slightly different. Interestingly the reflection of the item is shown in the closed door. It looks like the top piece is much further off the wall than the tube.
The 'happy Gerry' patio windows have many sections. C5C only has the two panels, so it looks like it cannot be the location.
Rob Royston

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 10.12.17 22:49

@JRP wrote:@NickE,
If we knew Madeleine's height and the length of that paddle, could somebody calculate the distance between them,  presuming the paddle is up against the wall.

I did some search and found out there are paddles of different lenghts and 2 meter long paddles that you can split in two parts(1m+1m) and there are also telescope paddles,adjusatble from 55cm to 107cm

NickE

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 10.12.17 22:54

@Rob Royston wrote:
@worriedmum wrote:Regarding the suggestion that the the metallic object is a winch handle for the sun canopy, you can see that the winch handle is further along the wall in the picture of the Gorrod's apartment. I think that a thermometer is a very plausible possibility because it is asymmetrical and so is the object on the wall.

You're right. I see the winding crank for the canopy at C5C is on the outside wall. I had imagined that the canopy would be fixed to the brick/concrete wall but it looks like it is attached to the facia board below the gutter. It looks like quite a thick facia so maybe made that way on purpose. So the item at C5C, is it a lamp or some kind of washing line holder? I see another one at the other end of the doors although it looks slightly different. Interestingly the reflection of the item is shown in the closed door. It looks like the top piece is much further off the wall than the tube.
The 'happy Gerry' patio windows have many sections. C5C only has the two panels, so it looks like it cannot be the location.
From my observation the sections are only because the patio doors are part in an open position the other photo show. them fully closed, this could give the appearance of panels couldnt it? They are also the only patio doors can find which have a black trim to match as are not the complex located ones plain white ?

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 10.12.17 23:05

what is that patterned object inside the room which appears at the bottom of Madeleine's hair on the left hand side as we look at it? Is it a crocheted blanket?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 10.12.17 23:06

@NickE wrote:
@JRP wrote:@NickE,

I did some search and found out there are paddles of different lenghts and 2 meter long paddles that you can split in two parts(1m+1m) and there are also telescope paddles,adjusatble from 55cm to 107cm

I don't think this one is telescopic, but no matter, a paddle is likely to be about 1 meter, 1 meter converts to 3 foot 2 inches, so a paddle and Madeleine are roughly the same in height/length measurement.
JRP

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi on 11.12.17 9:51

@MayMuse wrote:
And the ocean?
Was this the paddle to navigate their way up a certain creek?
nglfi

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 11.12.17 11:45

This subject has been the thing keeping us all busy. I wonder if it has any relevance at all ,could have been take a lot of  places in the he looks younger to me in this photo ,comparing it with the  one sat around the pool with father and sister.joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Royston on 11.12.17 12:39

@nglfi wrote:
@MayMuse wrote:
And the ocean?
Was this the paddle to navigate their way up a certain creek?
I think I'll paddle my own canoe and go back to seeing it as a blue shirt.
I'm working with the Liverpool Echo picture in post#172, I was on a 10" screen yesterday but today on my 21" screen, which normally accommodates these pages at 150%, I can clearly see a folded seam on the shirt shoulder. If I go to 200% I can see a 2nd line of stitching. Like I said already, I have made an experiment as to what happens and am confident that the person is twisting his shoulder forward taking the weight of Madeleine's head.
Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 9 Captur10
Rob Royston

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 11.12.17 12:57

@Rob Royston

Can you screen grab this 200% version of the Echo image showing stitching and post it up so we can see it... ta!
JRP

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum