The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 Mm11

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 Mm11

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 Regist10

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 Empty Re: Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by sar 10.12.17 5:21

@MayMuse wrote:Ŷ

@NickE wrote:
Get'emGonçalo wrote:Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 137

I couldn't see anything you described last night Copodenieve, but this morning, in daylight, I think I can.

I've messed around with the colour/brightness to see if this helps.

I would also like to see the Gorrod's apartment please...

I'am waiting for a reply from @April28th if this is Gorrods apartment or an apartment in the same complex.
Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 Screen17

Yes is this the Gorrods and is Gerry happy video the same place but taken from a different angles, observing the wall the plants ( similar shape of plants you can just see the tips of on the Gerry I see happy video at the bottom very briefly) and the patio doors which are white and metal with the dark/black trim not a wooden colour surround or plain white as in the ocean club holiday complex? And of course the black object on the wall.?
And if a sun canopy was fully open when a photo was taken, would this  not make a pale wall darker and account for minimum sun shadows on a face? 

https://youtu.be/9VlS-gO5Ask
blue sun lounger?
sar

Activity : 1652

Back to top Go down

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 Empty Re: Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by polyenne 10.12.17 6:36

I had assumed the “apartment block close to the church” that was mentioned would be in Praia da Luz. Malinka’s apartment was/is in Lagos.
polyenne

Activity : 1574

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Royston 10.12.17 7:52

Get'emGonçalo wrote:Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 Makeup10

This photo in the Liverpool Echo hasn't even got the 'thermometer' thingy.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/madeleine-mccann-sighting-india-played-3371180

This below is from Rob Royston,
This picture is interesting for the view it gives of the blue item in the bottom, right corner, This was also seen clearly in the screen grab from JRP in post# 156. 
It shows a blue shirt on a man's shoulder and it would appear, by the fo;d of the material that his right arm is twisted forward, maybe supporting Madeleine's head.
Rob Royston

Activity : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag 10.12.17 7:54

@Tony Bennett wrote:
2. The background shows a stucco wall, cream, yellow or ochre-coloured

Maybe.

Could be digital compression artifacts.

I actually disagree with you Tony about any certainties in this picture.
BlueBag
BlueBag

Activity : 10951

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne 10.12.17 8:20

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 Ea8ecf10
A blue shirt such as this one ?
polyenne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Royston 10.12.17 8:44

@Phoebe wrote:All I can see is a black tubular object which appears to turn under at its end and embed itself into the surface, as some kind of handle would. There is nothing to suggest it was taken on a balcony. IMO the location could be anywhere! The area to the left of Madeleine is ochre coloured. It could be stucco or a terylene plaster finish, the latter being widespread (certainly in Ireland) where that colour has been very common for more than a decade. It might not even be wood but a piece of chipboard with a handle in it!  The reality is that this picture could have been taken anywhere - England, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal etc. There is simply not enough shown to allow anything other than speculation.
I think Ben Salmon has this cracked.
https://twitter.com/Tealtraum/status/879148397806092292

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 1_loca10
Rob Royston

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 10.12.17 9:12

If we say for arguments sake that the wall fixture is a thermometer, is anyone else seeing an issue with perspective? My initial thought the first time I saw this photo was that Madeleine was standing on a balcony and the black space behind was open sliding glass doors. However if that is the case then I think now her head is far too big. For there to be room on a balcony for her to stand there and an adult crouch in front of her, I would think her head would be smaller in comparison to the items in the background. So perhaps it is not a balcony? Her head just looks too big to me now, suggesting the distance between her and the black space is greater than if she was on a balcony.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 10.12.17 9:16

Or this one.

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 2Q==

Thanks @JRP for the clearer image you posted above.

I recall GA stating that the Mc's (and others from the group) had also been visiting an apartment in Cemetery Road, which is northwest of the tapas complex. I remember google earthing and there was a peach coloured apartment complex (if you look, set the date at 2007 as there is a lot more development now). Cemetery Road was brought up by David Oldfield in his rogatory as an area he had searched - it seemed sensitive to him and he made a comment about remembering the name.

As an aside:
This road also has the main entrance (with 2 masonic pillars) to the strange villa with the masonic pyramid and grotto in its garden, which is clearly visible behind the Mc's in one of their early tv appeals. At the time the pyramid was topped with a masonic eagle but I think this has been removed. All very Bob Lazar, as Richard would say. Does anyone know if Masons visit other lodges when they are on vacation?

I agree with others who think it's going to be very difficult to pin the location of the makeup photo down.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Royston 10.12.17 10:13

@nglfi wrote:If we say for arguments sake that the wall fixture is a thermometer, is anyone else seeing an issue with perspective? My initial thought the first time I saw this photo was that Madeleine was standing on a balcony and the black space behind was open sliding glass doors. However if that is the case then I think now her head is far too big. For there to be room on a balcony for her to stand there and an adult crouch in front of her, I would think her head would be smaller in comparison to the items in the background. So perhaps it is not a balcony? Her head just looks too big to me now, suggesting the distance between her and the black space is greater than if she was on a balcony.
It's not a balcony. It's like an elevated terrace that sits out from C5C. It is clearly seen on Google Earth and the Street View shows you the front view of the wall with the "thing" on it. 
I posted last night why I think there is some difference in the item as shown on Street View and in the make-up photo. I believe it is an awning winch and has the handle detached in the Street View photo,and attached in the make-up photo.

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 C5c13
Rob Royston

Back to top Go down

Post by JimbobJones 10.12.17 11:34

@skyrocket wrote:Does anyone know if Masons visit other lodges when they are on vacation?

Yes, they do. It is very common.I fact I would go as far as to say it would be EXPECTED that local masons would host travelling fellow masons who were on vacation.
JimbobJones
JimbobJones

Activity : 1442

Back to top Go down

Post by The Reverend Badger 10.12.17 11:42

The issue of the perspective, size of head, etc could possibly be resolved by my earlier suggestion to obtain one of the thermometers and attempt to recreate the photograph with appropriate sized model, wall texture, etc.

For those who like looking for needles in haystacks you can find lots of pictures of PdL wall in holiday home rental sites, these often have a good mixture of both privately owned as well as commercial rentals. A random selection of properties might just find something interesting. One thing you will notice is that the majority of the properties seem to have shutters on the windows/patio doors - apparently not present on the Madeleine photo, a plain opening?
The Reverend Badger

Activity : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.12.17 12:36

What possible reason is there to suggest that the Gorrods were in any way implicated in this protracted saga.  So they knew the Tanner/O'Brien liaison from Exeter, what does that imply other than coincidentally they were holidaying in Praia da Luz at the same time as the McCann group.

What is being suggested here?  '... here Charl - one of our mates as gonnun bumped off his kid, youve gotta car, can yer help us get rid ...'  Can't you see how ridiculous the notion is?

The PJ were interested in the car hired by the Gorrods.  It was investigated, nothing was found in any way connected  to Madeleine's disappearance - end of!

Have a little consideration for their privacy and the well respected reputation of CMoMM.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Activity : 27484

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne 10.12.17 12:40

In the absence of any concrete evidence to suggest otherwise, I’d have thought it prudent to investigate any avenue in the search for truth.
polyenne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Royston 10.12.17 12:58

@Rob Royston wrote:
@Phoebe wrote:All I can see is a black tubular object which appears to turn under at its end and embed itself into the surface, as some kind of handle would. There is nothing to suggest it was taken on a balcony. IMO the location could be anywhere! The area to the left of Madeleine is ochre coloured. It could be stucco or a terylene plaster finish, the latter being widespread (certainly in Ireland) where that colour has been very common for more than a decade. It might not even be wood but a piece of chipboard with a handle in it!  The reality is that this picture could have been taken anywhere - England, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal etc. There is simply not enough shown to allow anything other than speculation.
I think Ben Salmon has this cracked.
https://twitter.com/Tealtraum/status/879148397806092292

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 1_loca10
I see an image has been added to my post by someone else. I did not insert this plot plan, although it is in the tweets appended to my link.
Has it been added as a diversion, a "squirrel"? Maybe someone mean't well, if so pray tell.
Rob Royston

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Royston 10.12.17 13:09

@Verdi wrote:What possible reason is there to suggest that the Gorrods were in any way implicated in this protracted saga.  So they knew the Tanner/O'Brien liaison from Exeter, what does that imply other than coincidentally they were holidaying in Praia da Luz at the same time as the McCann group.

What is being suggested here?  '... here Charl - one of our mates as gonnun bumped off his kid, youve gotta car, can yer help us get rid ...'  Can't you see how ridiculous the notion is?

The PJ were interested in the car hired by the Gorrods.  It was investigated, nothing was found to in any way connected  to Madeleine's disappearance - end of!

Have a little consideration for their privacy amd the well respected  reputation of CMoMM

We are told that the family you mention did not move into C5C until the Monday. This discussion is centred on Sunday.
Rob Royston

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.12.17 13:20

@Rob Royston wrote:
We are told that the family you mention did not move into C5C until the Monday. This discussion is centred on Sunday.
The title of the thread is ... ' Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall'.

As a matter of interest, are you here to represent Ben 'April28th' Salmon?

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Royston 10.12.17 14:05

@Verdi wrote:
@Rob Royston wrote:
The title of the thread is ... ' Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall'.

As a matter of interest, are you here to represent Ben 'April28th' Salmon?
Every day is a school day. So Ben Salmon and April 28th are the same person. I'm afraid I take little notice of who writes, only what's written.
I have endeavoured to argue that the item is not a thermometer as it is obviously of a tubular shape and stands well off the wall. I'm suggesting it is the item seen at C5C or one of the same type in what would have to be a close replica of the location.
If neither of the two police forces have investigated Ben Salmon's suggested location then that is a major failing of their duty to Madeleine McCann that both countries should be ashamed of.
I represent the search for the truth of what happened to Madeleine McCann. Are we on the same side or not?
Rob Royston

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 10.12.17 15:45

@sar wrote:
@MayMuse wrote:Ŷ

@NickE wrote:
Get'emGonçalo wrote:Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 137

I couldn't see anything you described last night Copodenieve, but this morning, in daylight, I think I can.

I've messed around with the colour/brightness to see if this helps.

I would also like to see the Gorrod's apartment please...

I'am waiting for a reply from @April28th if this is Gorrods apartment or an apartment in the same complex.
Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 Screen17

Yes is this the Gorrods and is Gerry happy video the same place but taken from a different angles, observing the wall the plants ( similar shape of plants you can just see the tips of on the Gerry I see happy video at the bottom very briefly) and the patio doors which are white and metal with the dark/black trim not a wooden colour surround or plain white as in the ocean club holiday complex? And of course the black object on the wall.?
And if a sun canopy was fully open when a photo was taken, would this  not make a pale wall darker and account for minimum sun shadows on a face? 

https://youtu.be/9VlS-gO5Ask
blue sun lounger?
Are you expecting photos and videos to be taken at the same time on the same day with everything in the exact spot, even moveable items?  The blue chair or surfbodyboard is a moveable object, just like a person is.  I was focusing on the wall the patio doors etc, tangible fixtures to determine.

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 10.12.17 16:55

The blue plastic item, so often referred to as part of a chair- back, looks more like a plastic paddle for a dinghy or canoe. The ridge that can be seen seems to become wider and deeper towards the lower part of the object (as in the picture below) I imagine this would make a chair-back uncomfortable

eRichard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 9k=.
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 10.12.17 17:04

@Phoebe wrote:The blue plastic item, so often referred to as part of a chair- back, looks more like a plastic paddle for a dinghy or canoe. The ridge that can be seen seems to become wider and deeper towards the lower part of the object (as in the picture below) I imagine this would make a chair-back uncomfortable

eRichard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 9k=.
Great observation, it could be just that object...my previous post was really in the loctation or trying to help in ascertaining so looking at fixed features. But a paddle is a good contender for the blue object not one that's been considered before I don't think.
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 10.12.17 17:50

@ MayMuse. When they were young my kids had a little yellow dinghy with two short oars exactly like these. When the dinghy was hanging up in storage they used to always stand the paddles upright beside it. I don't have the technical know how (dinosaur here) to place the make- up photo and the paddle one side by side but, from looking at them, they do seem to be very similar in colour, general shape and ridge pattern.
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 10.12.17 19:36

Richard D. Hall's appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall - Page 8 142

I'm sure someone else can make a better job of it!

George Orwell, '1984': "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Activity : 32241

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 10.12.17 19:51

Matthew Oldfield and Russell O'brien's catamaran trip
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t9527-the-catamaran-trip

Do they use those paddles on a catamaran?

And wouldn't he just hire the catamaran and paddle and leave it there rather than take it back to the apartment?

George Orwell, '1984': "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Chief Faffer
Chief Faffer

Activity : 32241

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 10.12.17 19:56

I was thinking exact same thing? It's a good match.

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.12.17 20:13

Royoyston wrote:Every day is a school day. So Ben Salmon and April 28th are the same person. I'm afraid I take little notice of who writes, only what's written.
I have endeavoured to argue that the item is not a thermometer as it is obviously of a tubular shape and stands well off the wall. I'm suggesting it is the item seen at C5C or one of the same type in what would have to be a close replica of the location.

I represent the search for the truth of what happened to Madeleine McCann. Are we on the same side or not?
Sorry, I'm not with you - who was at school every day?

I totally disagree with your comment, I quote.."If neither of the two police forces have investigated Ben Salmon's suggested location then that is a major failing of their duty to Madeleine McCann that both countries should be ashamed of".  If the police took on board every theory presented by members of the public, they would never get around to doing what they're there to do -  investigating crime.

That aside, I've asked Ben Salmon on many occasions when he was a member of CMoMM, to provide the source of information which he used to theorize but he never responded.  In the absence of any verification of the many claims made, I struggle to see any merit in his 'research'.  If Ben Salmon passed his theories to the police and they didn't take it seriously, I strongly suggest it was for the same reason - they didn't take it seriously!

There is nothing to suggest the Gorrod family were complicit with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann - in any way shape for form.

Moderator/Researcher
Moderator/Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum