The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as many of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by polyenne on 07.12.17 17:36

@ Verdi
The head position is certainly extremely similar
polyenne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by aquila on 07.12.17 17:43

@Mrs B wrote:I just can't get the thought out of my head that this was not taken on a balcony, because I believe Madeleine was lying down: The position of the ears suggest that either Madeleine is tilting her head up, or that the photograph was taken from beneath her. Why would Madeleine tilt her head up but then look down? 

If the photo was taken from beneath her, doesn't it fit that she was lying down flat and looking down rather than someone 'crouched' below her on a balcony..?  

Mustn't forget that the McCanns like Madeleine to give 'big smiles' when capturing on camera..why would they take a supposedly innocent photo of her on a balcony if she wasn't giving them 'big smiles'..

Your wild speculation is pretty ghoulish and based on absolutely nothing. CMoMM has encountered this tripe for years.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bayonne on 07.12.17 18:40

My tuppence worth...for what it's worth is that she was perhaps asked to show off her blue eyeshadow. A person would automatically close their eyes to show it off but that wouldn't make a good picture so you would have to tilt your head back to show your eyelids with your eyes open for a picture. That's just my impression of the look on her face. It is unnatural because she has been asked to pose that way.

Bayonne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 07.12.17 21:08

@NickE

The exif file of the make-up photo doesn't reveal anything interesting, about camera settings etc. I would think it was taken from a normal snap shot distance. The exif below is from Jeffrey Friedl's exif viewer. It's the version of the photo used by the Birmingham Mail, but others show the same or similar.

JRP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 08.12.17 0:42

NkckE wrote:I remember a few years ago that there was someone who claimed that CEOP was involved in the film with this photo.
Do you remember this?
I had a vague recollection so I've had a good old rummage looking for the origin - it's taken forever.   I can now confirm that it was suggested in the past but there is no reason to believe there be any truth in the claim.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 08.12.17 1:07

Jon Corner wrote:So beautiful, astonishingly bright, and I’d have to say very charismatic. She would shine out of a crowd. So—God forgive me—maybe that’s part of the problem. That special quality. Some ******* picked up on that.
Images of Madeleine as seen in Jon Corner's 2010 appeal video..

I think this is the true reason behind the release of Jon Corner's inappropriate video - to reinforce the abduction by paedophile/s claim that was so strongly emphasized by the McCann campaign team from the very beginning.  By way of comparison, some of the images of JonBenét Ramsey show a striking similarity.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 08.12.17 12:27

Reference to the 'make-up' image, if you look carefully not allowing the vision to be distracted by an ear, hair and blue object, you can see the same pattern visible to the right of Madeleine that has created so much debate, also in the dark area below Madeleine's left ear.

Were does leave the theory?

This image has passed through so many hands, through so much adjustment, it's impossible to determine how it's life started without confirmation from the source i.e. the McCann family and/or their close friend Jon Corner.

It's also been examined to the ninth degree in the past by both the professional eye and the amateur eye on CMoMM and elsewhere - no further forward.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 08.12.17 15:46

@Verdi wrote:Reference to the 'make-up' image, if you look carefully not allowing the vision to be distracted by an ear, hair and blue object, you can see the same pattern visible to the right of Madeleine that has created so much debate, also in the dark area below Madeleine's left ear.

Were does leave the theory?

This image has passed through so many hands, through so much adjustment, it's impossible to determine how it's life started without confirmation from the source i.e. the McCann family and/or their close friend Jon Corner.

It's also been examined to the ninth degree in the past by both the professional eye and the amateur eye on CMoMM and elsewhere - no further forward.
And I'am afraid that we already know his answer.
"She was playing with her mummys makeup box just weeks before the Algarve trip"
As you say, this is a hard nut to crack.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 08.12.17 15:46

Armed with those four very different photos, it would be surprising if anyone would recognize Madeleine.

If someone asked, have you seen this girl? I think I'd ask, which one?

JRP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 08.12.17 15:55

Jon Corner and his partner flew out from Liverpool to Faro on Sunday 6th May 2007 ???

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 08.12.17 17:55

Are we sure that JC was/is godfather for the twins or one of the twins and not Madeleine's godfather?
This is snipped from Channel 4 September 7, 2007:
"Madeleine's godfather, Jon Corner, spoke to Kate McCann after her release:
"she's stunned and disappointed really. Disappointed not only at this stage to be a suspect, but I think the realisation that they're not actually looking for Madeleine."
She had declined but was told she would be named as a suspect anyway.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/society/law_order/police%2Btraces%2Bof%2Bmaddy%2Bblood%2Bin%2Bcar/774352.html

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 08.12.17 19:20

In answer to Verdi' s claim that we are 'no further forward', let us recall what progress has been made so far:

1 The McCanns said this photo was taken when Maddie was 'playing with Mummy 's make-up box"
2 We established this was almost certainly untrue
3 We established several clear reason why the photo was very likely taken on Sunday in Praia da Lux
4 We know Jon Corner must have had that photo to be able to make the video
5 We cannot by any means be sure that the McCanns authorised its release
6 We now have a new clue as to where it was taken (the thermometer)
7 Our photo experts here have already added to our understanding of this photo.

We need to probe it still further.

Never give up!

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 09.12.17 0:53

@Tony Bennett wrote:In answer to Verdi' s claim that we are 'no further forward', let us recall what progress has been made so far:

1 The McCanns said this photo was taken when Maddie was 'playing with Mummy 's make-up box"
2 We established this was almost certainly untrue
3 We established several clear reason why the photo was very likely taken on Sunday in Praia da Lux
4 We know Jon Corner must have had that photo to be able to make the video
5 We cannot by any means be sure that the McCanns authorised its release
6 We now have a new clue as to where it was taken (the thermometer)
7 Our photo experts here have already added to our understanding of this photo.

We need to probe it still further.

Never give up!

My comment Tony, was in relation to analyzing the make-up image only, not information already in the public domain. My response..

1. Information reported by the press.
2. Agreed - certainly very unlikely.
3. I'm not aware of any established reason to suppose the photograph may have been taken on Sunday 29th April 2007.
4. Agreed. Jon Corner produced the video so it stands to reason he will have had the image of Madeleine wearing make-up, or he created the image for his video.
5. No, it cannot be certain that the McCanns authorized the release of the make-up image or any of the other material used for the video. It can however be 99.9% certain that the McCanns were/are aware of the image being used. As the McCanns were also featured in the video, I think it can be safely assumed that the McCanns did authorize the entire content of the video.
6. I disagree. I see nothing to indicate where (or when) this image originated.
7. I'm sorry. I'm not aware of any forum photo experts adding to the understanding of the image. Perhaps you would be so kind as to let me know where I can find this information on the forum.

I'm still hoping someone will respond to Richard D Hall's appeal - that would certainly be of help. Fingers crossed!

With or without this 'make-up' image, or the 'tennis ball' image, at least there remains the compelling evidence of the 'pool side' photograph to help determine when Madeleine was last seen alive and well - unquestionably at the Ocean Club resort.

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on 09.12.17 1:15

I think it premature to state as absolute facts things which are not definitely proven. The make-up photo could have been taken in Praia de Luz but, equally, it could have been taken anywhere. The black object on the wall (of which very little is visible) is being referred to as a thermometer but there is reasonable doubt about this. It could be part of a bracket from a hanging basket, a lamp, a handle of some sort etc. All that is known for sure is that it emerged via Corner's video and that the make up is not readily compatible with the normal hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills one would expect from a 48 month old child.
Phoebe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.12.17 8:36

@Verdi wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
3 We established several clear reasons why the photo was very likely taken on Sunday in Praia da Luz

My response:
3.  I'm not aware of any established reason to suppose the photograph may have been taken on Sunday 29th April 2007.
@ Verdi

I confess to genuine astonishment at your reply..

I stated that there were "several clear reasons" for suggesting that the Make-Up Photo was "very likely" taken on Sunday in Praia da Luz.

I have given these reasons many times on the forum (they are also clearly set out in Richard Hall's most recent Madeleine documentary).

It seems I must do so once again:

1. The fact that the McCanns' account of how this photo came to be taken seems extremely unlikely means that we need to look for an entirely different explanation
2. The background shows a stucco wall, cream, yellow or ochre-coloured
3. Such walls are common in Praia da Luz and elsewhere on the Algarve
4. We therefore arrive at the probability that this photo was taken on the McCann' 2007 holiday there
5. Madeleine clearly looks the same age on this photo as on the other 4 photos of her that we have from that holiday
6. We now look at what date the photo may have been taken
7. We have no photos of her after Sunday
8. We have no credible, independent evidence that she was alive after Sunday (as per Hideo's long 2015 article on the forum)
9. In addition, we see, comparing this photo with the 'Last Photo' which we've established was taken on the Sunday...
10. Her hair length is identical
11. Her hair style is identical
12. Her hair colour is also identical
13. She is wearing a pink dress or smock top on both photos, and
14. She is wearing a hair adornment (bead or band) on both photos
15. She is almost never seen on any of the hundreds of other photos we have of her, wearing any hair adornment.

That's 15 clear reasons

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 09.12.17 8:59

I don't think we can say for sure she's wearing the same pink dress - the straps on the Last Photo seems to sit on her shoulder, at least the strap on her left does, whereas the tiny bit of pink we can see in the make-up photo is near her neck. 

But this is what happens when little girls play with their mummy's make-up box and puts it on herself.

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 09.12.17 9:06

At least JonBenet was having fun whilst wearing her blue eyeshadow before she was killed.

As an aside, I assume the other little girl in this image is still alive after being photographed by a paedophile in a similar pose?
Get'emGonçalo

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 09.12.17 9:30

Have a look at live algarve website, interesting interior / exterior shots..

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 09.12.17 9:36

If you look very close you can see that she is wearing eye liner and there is no way she could have applied this by her self.
I asked my wife about this and she said it could be even tricky for an adult to apply.
And shouldn't doctors be aware about the risk for infections when an eyeliner is used on their daughter?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 09.12.17 11:39

I did this experiment to satisfy my own curiosity, as I am not sure what the black thing is on the wall, whether it be a bracket of some sort or a thermometer.

I found an advert for the thermometer and placed in on top of the make-up photo. I erased the white background which was in the advert image so we are left with the make-up photo background showing through.

Then I resized the thermometer to roughly match the size of the object on the wall.

Finally, I added some blurring to the thermometer to match the "out of focus" nature of the object on the wall.

JRP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 09.12.17 12:04

@sar wrote:Have a look at live algarve website, interesting interior / exterior shots..
Did anything in particular stand out for you, on this website that sells bespoke properties, some of which are over a million euros for which Sergey 'looking-for-funding-for-an-Amaral-bashing-book' Malinka, is the contact agent/co-founder, sar?

No wonder he didn't want people to Google his name.

Thank you very much for your experiment @JRP thumbsup
Get'emGonçalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 09.12.17 12:55

@NickE wrote:If you look very close you can see that she is wearing eye liner
Don't know about that - a bit tenuous to say the least.  Look at photographs of any child around that age and the same thing could be said about some.  I won't post examples googled for obvious reasons (I hope) but here's another of Madeleine..

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 09.12.17 13:03

@Tony Bennett wrote:I have given these reasons many times on the forum (they are also clearly set out in Richard Hall's most recent Madeleine documentary).
My apologies Tony, I didn't realise any of the points on your list were intended to be definitive.  I took it to be a general discussion with ideas put forward by your good self and interested members - a sort of work in progress.

Carry on the good work thumbsup .

Moderator/Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket on 09.12.17 13:47

@NickE & @Verdi - I don't believe the 'eyeliner' is 'eyeliner'. This is what I asked @JRP's opinion on up thread i.e. the black lines visible in Madeleine's eyes. I've cropped and enlarged below. 

- the base lines are clearly straight rather than curved (as they would be if they were natural/or eyeliner)
- there are 2 distinct verticals at the inside edges of the irises
- there are black triangles at both inner and outer corners
- etc

All of these lines, IMO, have been added later.

skyrocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 09.12.17 14:24

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum