The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as many of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by Copodenieve on 03.12.17 12:00

I think this photo is a bit clearer
avatar
Copodenieve

Posts : 113
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2013-10-27
Location : Leeds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by sar on 03.12.17 13:17

@JRP wrote:I think this photo was taken on an apartment balcony during the holiday some time before Thursday 3rd. I think the black area to the left is a patio door.

I cannot see any reason why we cannot see anything in that area other than blackness when the opposite side of the photo is perfectly clear and bright.

I think the area has been sprayed black in Photoshop so that we cannot see the contents of the room, or perhaps people in the room. Perhaps it was sprayed black to conceal anything which would give away it's location or cover anyone who was there.

I think the "furniture" some people are seeing is the effect of a bad black spray job, and parts of the original photo are showing through as random lighter lines. Couple this with our old friend "Digital artifacts" and the lines become more prominent.

To show what I mean, I've covered the right side in black paint.

 

I also think the black areas around Madeleine's neck area have been "blacked out" as it looks too dark to be natural shadow. The hair just disappears in those areas. 

Just my opinion of course.
+1 JRP

sar

Posts : 701
Reputation : 228
Join date : 2013-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by Copodenieve on 03.12.17 14:48

Hi JRP, Could you give me your opinion on the image of the crawling plant that I am seeing to the right of Madeleine's head please? Why is it showing up green? Is it a plant or just Madeleine's hair? Thank you.
avatar
Copodenieve

Posts : 113
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2013-10-27
Location : Leeds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by JRP on 03.12.17 16:02

Copodenieve,

I think the area to the left is a patio door, I can't see a reason why we can't see inside that room. The fact that we can't and the area is so black, makes me believe that somebody has sprayed black over the area in Photoshop.

The "airbrush tool" in Photoshop has various settings and patterns. The edges of the spray can be hard or graduated/feathered.  
When the airbrush is set to feathered it will spray a solid colour at it's centre, which graduates in it's opaqueness eventually fading to nothing.

Around Madeleine's hair (our left, her right) you can see that the black fades to white. The black does not reach her hair. I think that is a sign that the area was missed with the spray from the airbrush and what we see there in the hazy sliver of light is the real background to this image.
If you see something there, then it probably is something in that room.

Edited to add... I used a feathered edge when spraying black on the right side. You can still see the blue of the chair, if it is a chair, near Madeleine's hair. Same effect I believe.

JRP

Posts : 578
Reputation : 519
Join date : 2016-03-07
Age : 60
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by JimbobJones on 03.12.17 16:49

What bothers me in that pic is the "step" in the skin of her neck, in my opinion it looks like someone or something is supporting or gripping the back of the neck causing a slight pull in the skin at that point. Head tipped back by whoever holds her neck until whoever took the pic says "stop there, her eyes are pointing right in to the lens now" . It is a weird pose, but if she was unable to move her eyes then that is what they might have done to get her "looking" into the lens. This is a grim scenario, I don't like it but my instincts tell me it is post mortem.

JimbobJones

Posts : 70
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2016-05-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by MayMuse on 03.12.17 17:18

@JimbobJones wrote:What bothers me in that pic is the "step" in the skin of her neck, in my opinion it looks like someone or something is supporting or gripping the back of the neck causing a slight pull in the skin at that point. Head tipped back by whoever holds her neck until whoever took the pic says "stop there, her eyes are pointing right in to the lens now" . It is a weird pose, but if she was unable to move her eyes then that is what they might have done to get her "looking" into the lens. This is a grim scenario, I don't like it but my instincts tell me it is post mortem.
A sombre thought! 


The left side ( Madeleine's right side of her neck) looks like its cut/ indent due to perhaps someone messing around with it ( maybe by adding the black background to obscure?) her head tilt and position of her neck to shoulders and jaw is off in my opinion, a weird angle  as the right (Madeleine's left) looks fatter as if it is pushed at the back, there is also a crease or is it a tiny part of a pink top showing at the very bottom by her hair. 


A photo displaying much sadness and not a happy go lucky little girl playing dress up!

____________________
“Basically, I’m just an ordinary, straightforward guy who’s the victim of the biggest f***-up on this planet – if you’ll excuse the language.” bingo

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

Posts : 1814
Reputation : 1272
Join date : 2016-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by polyenne on 03.12.17 17:21

Dear God, is the thought process here that this image is akin to that of a trophy-hunter ?
avatar
polyenne

Posts : 441
Reputation : 320
Join date : 2017-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by BlueBag on 03.12.17 17:22

@JimbobJones wrote: This is a grim scenario, I don't like it but my instincts tell me it is post mortem.
My instincts say not.

How about that.

Can we see ghost dogs or Gerry's teeth in the background yet?
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4439
Reputation : 2248
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by MayMuse on 03.12.17 17:31

@polyenne wrote:Dear God, is the thought process here that this image is akin to that of a trophy-hunter ?
Nope, not my thought process at all!

____________________
“Basically, I’m just an ordinary, straightforward guy who’s the victim of the biggest f***-up on this planet – if you’ll excuse the language.” bingo

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

Posts : 1814
Reputation : 1272
Join date : 2016-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by Copodenieve on 03.12.17 18:02

@JRP wrote:Copodenieve,

I think the area to the left is a patio door, I can't see a reason why we can't see inside that room. The fact that we can't and the area is so black, makes me believe that somebody has sprayed black over the area in Photoshop.

The "airbrush tool" in Photoshop has various settings and patterns. The edges of the spray can be hard or graduated/feathered.  
When the airbrush is set to feathered it will spray a solid colour at it's centre, which graduates in it's opaqueness eventually fading to nothing.

Around Madeleine's hair (our left, her right) you can see that the black fades to white. The black does not reach her hair. I think that is a sign that the area was missed with the spray from the airbrush and what we see there in the hazy sliver of light is the real background to this image.
If you see something there, then it probably is something in that room.

Edited to add... I used a feathered edge when spraying black on the right side. You can still see the blue of the chair, if it is a chair, near Madeleine's hair. Same effect I believe.
Thank you very much JRP. I understand all of that and it makes sense. The area you mention, between the blackness and Madeleine's hair is exactly where I am seeing some sort of green foliage, which is the only colour I can see in the background....I can also see it  between the locks of hair to the bottom left (our left) where the hair parts a little bit (not the black area between her neck and hair). I imagine that this is an area that they couldn't possible have blacked out because of the hair strands. However, I was thinking that it might be possible that it is just the sunlight reflecting off her blonde hair.
avatar
Copodenieve

Posts : 113
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2013-10-27
Location : Leeds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by tara on 03.12.17 18:15

@JimbobJones
I have seen many corpses with and without make-up through my nursing career and there is nothing about this photograph to suggest she is deceased. Yes, her eyes look soulless but not dead. I thought we were discussing thermometers but it all seems to have become a bit nebulous and imaginative with a few people. Just my impression. I think all probably agree that the makeup is expertly applied by an adult and not much fun for poor Madeleine.
avatar
tara

Posts : 33
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2017-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by Verdi on 03.12.17 21:10

Is it really very likely that Jon Corner, or anyone else for that matter, would publish an image of a dead Madeleine as part of a anniversary 'search for a living Madeleine' appeal video?  It makes no sense.

The Madeleine 'make-up image' has been discussed in the past to the ninth degree, it didn't lead anywhere positive then and it won't now.  The image has been copied and altered so many times it's taken on a life of of it's own.  The image as far as I'm aware was taken from Jon Corner's video, there is no way it can be analysed with any degree of success without knowing it's provenance.  The only person that can answer is Jon Corner, the video producer and that's about as likely as finding a ventriloquist for cuddlecat.

Just as a reminder, the image in question is here at 01:15 minutes..



The thread appears to have gone astray, so as a reminder..


Richard D Hall wrote:I'm appealing today if anyone has knowledge of where these types of thermometer may have been installed.  Remember this in 2007 and the likely location is in the Algarve, possibly in or near Praia da luz.  If you can recall seeing this kind of thermometer or that type on that coloured textured background or have photographs, please get in touch.

This could lead to a major breakthrough.

Short of a Jon Corner confession, I believe this is the only way this issue will ever be resolved effectively.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 7019
Reputation : 3617
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by NickE on 03.12.17 21:46

@Verdi wrote:Is it really very likely that Jon Corner, or anyone else for that matter, would publish an image of a dead Madeleine as part of a anniversary 'search for a living Madeleine' appeal video?  It makes no sense.

The Madeleine 'make-up image' has been discussed in the past to the ninth degree, it didn't lead anywhere positive then and it won't now.  The image has been copied and altered so many times it's taken on a life of of it's own.  The image as far as I'm aware was taken from Jon Corner's video, there is no way it can be analysed with any degree of success without knowing it's provenance.  The only person that can answer is Jon Corner, the video producer and that's about as likely as finding a ventriloquist for cuddlecat.

Just as a reminder, the image in question is here at 01:15 minutes..



The thread appears to have gone astray, so as a reminder..


Richard D Hall wrote:I'm appealing today if anyone has knowledge of where these types of thermometer may have been installed.  Remember this in 2007 and the likely location is in the Algarve, possibly in or near Praia da luz.  If you can recall seeing this kind of thermometer or that type on that coloured textured background or have photographs, please get in touch.

This could lead to a major breakthrough.

Short of a Jon Corner confession, I believe this is the only way this issue will ever be resolved effectively.

I remember a few years ago that there was someone who claimed that CEOP was involved in the film with this photo.
Do you remember this?

____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".
avatar
NickE

Posts : 1072
Reputation : 362
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by sandancer on 03.12.17 22:35

@tara wrote:@JimbobJones
I have seen many corpses with and without make-up through my nursing career and there is nothing about this photograph to suggest she is deceased. Yes, her eyes look soulless but not dead. I thought we were discussing thermometers but it all seems to have become a bit nebulous and imaginative with a few people. Just my impression. I think all probably agree that the makeup is expertly applied by an adult and not much fun for poor Madeleine.


Totally with you on this one Tara especially about the eyes , they are not the happy sparkly eyes of a child having fun . 

My mother's instinct wants to reach out and hug her .

____________________
Be humble for you​ are made​ of earth . Be noble for you​ are made of stars .
avatar
sandancer

Posts : 525
Reputation : 777
Join date : 2016-02-18
Age : 64
Location : Tyneside

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by jazega on 03.12.17 23:06

@JimbobJones wrote:What bothers me in that pic is the "step" in the skin of her neck, in my opinion it looks like someone or something is supporting or gripping the back of the neck causing a slight pull in the skin at that point. Head tipped back by whoever holds her neck until whoever took the pic says "stop there, her eyes are pointing right in to the lens now" . It is a weird pose, but if she was unable to move her eyes then that is what they might have done to get her "looking" into the lens. This is a grim scenario, I don't like it but my instincts tell me it is post mortem
Dressed for burial ????
avatar
jazega

Posts : 27
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2017-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by skyrocket on 04.12.17 8:23

I agree that the door area and the area under her hair has been darkened and whilst @JRP is around can I just ask your opinion on the black lines in Madeleine's eyes - all lines look added? 2 verticals at irises; curved line on right eye cutting through pupil; black outlines of eyes top and bottom; black corners to eyes.
avatar
skyrocket

Posts : 618
Reputation : 603
Join date : 2015-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by JRP on 04.12.17 12:03

@skyrocket,

I don't know why Madeleine's eyes look as they do in this photograph, so I can't give an opinion.

I did look at a whole host of my own photos of people this morning after you asked, and enlarged their eyes to see if I could see me in them, thinking eyes being reflective they may tell a story of who took it, where it was taken etc. Perhaps look at some of your own and form an opinion on that idea.

That might be a bit far fetched, who knows, it could be our old friend digital compression. 

Sorry for being off topic  catfight

JRP

Posts : 578
Reputation : 519
Join date : 2016-03-07
Age : 60
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 04.12.17 12:08

@JRP wrote:
Sorry for being off topic  catfight
big grin
avatar
Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 10740
Reputation : 5267
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by aquila on 04.12.17 12:41

@jazega wrote:
@JimbobJones wrote:What bothers me in that pic is the "step" in the skin of her neck, in my opinion it looks like someone or something is supporting or gripping the back of the neck causing a slight pull in the skin at that point. Head tipped back by whoever holds her neck until whoever took the pic says "stop there, her eyes are pointing right in to the lens now" . It is a weird pose, but if she was unable to move her eyes then that is what they might have done to get her "looking" into the lens. This is a grim scenario, I don't like it but my instincts tell me it is post mortem
Dressed for burial ????
CMoMM isn't Horror Movie Central. It's a fact based forum.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8734
Reputation : 1721
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by BlueBag on 04.12.17 13:19

I thought we'd got past where people enlarge digital pictures and see stuff.
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4439
Reputation : 2248
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by roz on 04.12.17 14:27

I am thinking that if there was some type of ‘horrible happening’ around the time of the ’make-up’ photograph - then there is no way that Gerry (or any close associates) would ever have slipped up and allowed that into the public domain.

That photograph of Madeleine would have been destroyed ten years ago along with any other incriminating material that they possessed.
avatar
roz

Posts : 157
Reputation : 77
Join date : 2016-11-29
Location : Finland (but Irish)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by Mrs B on 07.12.17 11:49

I just can't get the thought out of my head that this was not taken on a balcony, because I believe Madeleine was lying down: The position of the ears suggest that either Madeleine is tilting her head up, or that the photograph was taken from beneath her. Why would Madeleine tilt her head up but then look down? 

If the photo was taken from beneath her, doesn't it fit that she was lying down flat and looking down rather than someone 'crouched' below her on a balcony..?  

Mustn't forget that the McCanns like Madeleine to give 'big smiles' when capturing on camera..why would they take a supposedly innocent photo of her on a balcony if she wasn't giving them 'big smiles'..

avatar
Mrs B

Posts : 14
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-11-19
Location : Hull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by polyenne on 07.12.17 13:36

What if Madelaine was on a 1st floor balcony and the photographer is at ground level, perhaps some way back but zoomed in.

We can't ascertain if Madeleine is looking over a balcony because the lower section doesn't allow it but the position of the opening (patio door or window ??) and thermometer/light/bracket thingamajig gives us some perspective.
avatar
polyenne

Posts : 441
Reputation : 320
Join date : 2017-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by Verdi on 07.12.17 15:57



Artist Graham Ovenden - convicted child sex abuser.


Edited for clarification:  The image is Ovenden's work, not the man himself smilie

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 7019
Reputation : 3617
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard D. Hall: Appeal for new information re Madeleine's Make-Up Photo and the thermometer on the wall

Post by NickE on 07.12.17 17:18

Can someone with photo skills see if the photo is a close up or taken with zoom from some distance?

____________________
When asked if people will ever learn what really happened, Mr Amaral responded: “Yes, we will, when MI5 opens the case files, we will find out".
avatar
NickE

Posts : 1072
Reputation : 362
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum