The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register please do NOT use your email address as a username because everyone will be able to see it!


Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by Jill Havern on 29.09.17 19:01



A man who imported a childlike sex doll he bought online has been given a suspended prison sentence.

Simon Glerum, 33, purchased the doll from Hong Kong but it was intercepted at Stansted Airport in January.

Glerum, of Great Bardfield in Essex, admitted to arranging the import of a prohibited indecent or obscene article and making and possessing indecent images of children.

He was sentenced to 12 months in prison, suspended for two years.

The doll, which police say was anatomically realistic, was dispatched with accessories including hair, fingernails and a hair brush.


Speaking after the hearing, Det Insp Neal Miller said: "The importation of childlike sex dolls can be an indication of offences being committed against children, as in this case, where images of child abuse were found on Glerum's computer."

Sarah Freeman, of the Crown Prosecution Service, said: "Following the interception of the childlike sex doll, further serious offending was uncovered which was subsequently admitted by Simon Glerum."

Glerum was also put on a five year sexual harm prevention order and on a sex offender treatment programme.

The doll will be destroyed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-41444602
avatar
Jill Havern


Posts : 12251
Reputation : 5689
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : parallel universe

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by aquila on 29.09.17 19:21

What the hell is a sex offender treatment programme going to achieve?

No need to answer that.

A long stay on a very cold and windy island somewhere in the frozen north where personal survival is the main priority might be a better option. A bag of grain and seeds, basic tools, a survival kit and a religious/inspirational book will certainly focus the minds of those who care little for society.

Just my opinion of course.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8916
Reputation : 1808
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by Nina on 29.09.17 21:55

@aquila wrote:What the hell is a sex offender treatment programme going to achieve?

No need to answer that.

A long stay on a very cold and windy island somewhere in the frozen north where personal survival is the main priority might be a better option. A bag of grain and seeds, basic tools, a survival kit and a religious/inspirational book will certainly focus the minds of those who care little for society.

Just my opinion of course.
And that is a brilliant idea. My only quibble with it is the length of time, it should be life whether it be three weeks due to starvation or 30 plus years until they draw their last sick breath.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2861
Reputation : 340
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 75

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by loopzdaloop on 30.10.17 0:26

@aquila wrote:What the hell is a sex offender treatment programme going to achieve?

No need to answer that.

A long stay on a very cold and windy island somewhere in the frozen north where personal survival is the main priority might be a better option. A bag of grain and seeds, basic tools, a survival kit and a religious/inspirational book will certainly focus the minds of those who care little for society.

Just my opinion of course.

Religion, Starvation and Torture vs a sex offender treatment programme? Good job you're not in charge of anything.
Many people who have sexual interests in children have had all sorts of things happen to them which sex offender treatment programmes can do a much better job of ironing out than religion starvation and torture. 

There's an outrage around this 'sex dolls', which whilst they represent something grotesque and an abusive relationship, - they remain plastic and an inanimate object as much as an inflatable sheep. If people to get their kicks from whatever, if there is no victim, is there really a crime? There are some reports which indicate people getting sexual kicks from these things are less likely to commit sex crimes. Though, its positive that the police are taking delivery of these things as a red flag to investigate and see what else the person is up to - as discovering the images of abuse of these children managed to get this guy into therapy and off the streets.
avatar
loopzdaloop

Posts : 374
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by Verdi on 30.10.17 1:25

@loopzdaloop wrote: Many people who have sexual interests in children have had all sorts of things happen to them which sex offender treatment programmes can do a much better job of ironing out than religion starvation and torture. 
Many people who commit murder had a difficult childhood or past, said to be the reason they are what they are today.  Is that any answer or compensation for the victim or the victims family?

Too much leniency - too many excuses.  Meanwhile children are being abused and people are being murdered.

i don\'t know

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 9217
Reputation : 3977
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by plebgate on 30.10.17 9:51

Far too much leniency and do gooding in this country for my liking.

Absolutely fed up with it.

Was reading online recently about a man who had appeared on one of the chat shows with his wife and he had purchased one of these dolls.   It said that his wife accepted that it was a second wife and enjoyed watching him doing whatever with it.

I have to wonder whether these people get paid to say these outrageous things as who would go on tv and admit to such things really?

I did hear a very good woman on the radio speaking against these sex dolls saying that it encouraged fantasies which could then go on to be carried out on real women/children as the sex doll isn't able to say NO and the user could well think that this applies to all women.

BAN them.   BAN porn.   Will TPTB do so.

NO but they will ban anything which gives the cannon fodder a chance at moving up in the world.

PAH.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll

plebgate

Posts : 6233
Reputation : 1859
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by loopzdaloop on 30.10.17 12:10

@Verdi wrote:
@loopzdaloop wrote: Many people who have sexual interests in children have had all sorts of things happen to them which sex offender treatment programmes can do a much better job of ironing out than religion starvation and torture. 
Many people who commit murder had a difficult childhood or past, said to be the reason they are what they are today.  Is that any answer or compensation for the victim or the victims family?

Too much leniency - too many excuses.  Meanwhile children are being abused and people are being murdered.

i don\'t know

People are a product of their society, given the right conditions it is possible to screw anybody up.





Of course victims always come first, which is why preventing people from becoming perpetrators or offending again is the best form of action. It's well known that investing in youth services can prevent people from turning to a life of crime, but a political choice not to do so.
avatar
loopzdaloop

Posts : 374
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by loopzdaloop on 30.10.17 12:12

@plebgate wrote:Far too much leniency and do gooding in this country for my liking.

Absolutely fed up with it.

Was reading online recently about a man who had appeared on one of the chat shows with his wife and he had purchased one of these dolls.   It said that his wife accepted that it was a second wife and enjoyed watching him doing whatever with it.

I have to wonder whether these people get paid to say these outrageous things as who would go on tv and admit to such things really?

I did hear a very good woman on the radio speaking against these sex dolls saying that it encouraged fantasies which could then go on to be carried out on real women/children as the sex doll isn't able to say NO and the user could well think that this applies to all women.

BAN them.   BAN porn.   Will TPTB do so.

NO but they will ban anything which gives the cannon fodder a chance at moving up in the world.

PAH.

Ah yes, crime was non existent before porn or sex dolls. Likewise banning Fixed Odds Betting Terminals (FOBTs) will not stop problem gamblers. Problem Gamblers existed long before computer screens.
avatar
loopzdaloop

Posts : 374
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by aquila on 30.10.17 13:51

@loopzdaloop wrote:
@aquila wrote:What the hell is a sex offender treatment programme going to achieve?

No need to answer that.

A long stay on a very cold and windy island somewhere in the frozen north where personal survival is the main priority might be a better option. A bag of grain and seeds, basic tools, a survival kit and a religious/inspirational book will certainly focus the minds of those who care little for society.

Just my opinion of course.

Religion, Starvation and Torture vs a sex offender treatment programme? Good job you're not in charge of anything. I most certainly was in charge of making sure no-one ever did to my son what was done to me.

I wasn't advocating religion, starvation and torture though was I? I was advocating providing for basic human needs including spritual needs whilst focusing the mind on the reality of survival. It's not particularly outrageous for a victim of sexual abuse - a recidivist crime which seriously damages lives to have little faith in offender treatment programmes whether they be for offenders of pre-offenders. There is simply no substantial data that it works.

Many people who have sexual interests in children have had all sorts of things happen to them which sex offender treatment programmes can do a much better job of ironing out than religion starvation and torture. 

The man who abused me when I was a young teenager didn't have a particularly hard life but nevertheless actively made my life a misery for five years, so please forgive me for wishing that had he been placed on an island somewhere in the frozen north with every basic assistance to survive. It might have spared me and who knows who else he might have terrorized along the way from the wreckage.

There's an outrage around this 'sex dolls', they are outrageous! which whilst they represent something grotesque and an abusive relationship, - they remain plastic and an inanimate object as much as an inflatable sheep. Only they're not! If people to get their kicks from whatever, if there is no victim, is there really a crime? There are some reports which indicate people getting sexual kicks from these things are less likely to commit sex crimes. Please quote the reports along with the name of the publisher(s) - please also quote facts and figures to support this claim. Though, its positive that the police are taking delivery of these things as a red flag to investigate and see what else the person is up to - as discovering the images of abuse of these children managed to get this guy into therapy and off the streets. This is where another fatty level of psychobabble is introduced into an already over-stretched police service and relies upon government funding to achieve what exactly?

'Prevention is better than cure' you say and as much as you may like to infer that I have some form of ignorant, vigilante mentality, let me assure you that I don't and I welcome your opinion. I'm always willing to learn but from the evidence I've seen to date there is nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest psychotherapy does anything substantial to rehabilitate/reform a paedophile or a rapist. Indeed, I've watched documentaries where the therapists have themselves been shown to be of dubious nature.

So for me LdL, it's still that island somewhere in the frozen north.






avatar
aquila

Posts : 8916
Reputation : 1808
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by plebgate on 31.10.17 7:07

Excellent post aquila.

IMO all the do-gooding this country has seen over the past few decades has made this country the mess it is today.
Hugging a hoodie doesn't work for the very MOST part.  Most lap up the holidays at taxpayers expense and commit crimes whilst they are out partying it up.
For any rehab to work people have to want to commit to it once they have reached their lowest point.  Sadly for many that point never comes and no amount of rehab will work and those who are ordered to do it rather than commiting voluntarily will in all probability re-offend and re-offend whilst out in the world at our expense instead of being behind bars.

Zero tolerance works.    It has worked in other countries and this country needs to adopt it pdq.

Too many cover ups but we are beginning to see people speak out.   Maybe when people in UK are prepared to speak out things will change but until then expect to see more of these lenient sentences and more heartache for the poor victims of these brutal physical attacks on the innocent.

Sex dolls will imo encourage these monsters rather than help  keep them away from the vulnerable in society.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll

plebgate

Posts : 6233
Reputation : 1859
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by loopzdaloop on 31.10.17 12:20

@aquila wrote:
@loopzdaloop wrote:
@aquila wrote:What the hell is a sex offender treatment programme going to achieve?

No need to answer that.

A long stay on a very cold and windy island somewhere in the frozen north where personal survival is the main priority might be a better option. A bag of grain and seeds, basic tools, a survival kit and a religious/inspirational book will certainly focus the minds of those who care little for society.

Just my opinion of course.

Religion, Starvation and Torture vs a sex offender treatment programme? Good job you're not in charge of anything. I most certainly was in charge of making sure no-one ever did to my son what was done to me.

I wasn't advocating religion, starvation and torture though was I? I was advocating providing for basic human needs including spritual needs whilst focusing the mind on the reality of survival. It's not particularly outrageous for a victim of sexual abuse - a recidivist crime which seriously damages lives to have little faith in offender treatment programmes whether they be for offenders of pre-offenders. There is simply no substantial data that it works.

Many people who have sexual interests in children have had all sorts of things happen to them which sex offender treatment programmes can do a much better job of ironing out than religion starvation and torture. 

The man who abused me when I was a young teenager didn't have a particularly hard life but nevertheless actively made my life a misery for five years, so please forgive me for wishing that had he been placed on an island somewhere in the frozen north with every basic assistance to survive. It might have spared me and who knows who else he might have terrorized along the way from the wreckage.

There's an outrage around this 'sex dolls', they are outrageous! which whilst they represent something grotesque and an abusive relationship, - they remain plastic and an inanimate object as much as an inflatable sheep. Only they're not! If people to get their kicks from whatever, if there is no victim, is there really a crime? There are some reports which indicate people getting sexual kicks from these things are less likely to commit sex crimes. Please quote the reports along with the name of the publisher(s) - please also quote facts and figures to support this claim. Though, its positive that the police are taking delivery of these things as a red flag to investigate and see what else the person is up to - as discovering the images of abuse of these children managed to get this guy into therapy and off the streets. This is where another fatty level of psychobabble is introduced into an already over-stretched police service and relies upon government funding to achieve what exactly?

'Prevention is better than cure' you say and as much as you may like to infer that I have some form of ignorant, vigilante mentality, let me assure you that I don't and I welcome your opinion. I'm always willing to learn but from the evidence I've seen to date there is nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest psychotherapy does anything substantial to rehabilitate/reform a paedophile or a rapist. Indeed, I've watched documentaries where the therapists have themselves been shown to be of dubious nature.

So for me LdL, it's still that island somewhere in the frozen north.






I'm sorry for what has happened to yourself. To stop things like this happening to people in the first place, requires a change in the way we do things in society. We need to treat people how you've treated your own child. 

Kevin Spacy's upbringing was reported on today which is relevant.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5032809/Kevin-Spacey-s-father-Nazi-child-rapist-brother-says.html

As for dolls being used to reduce the chances of sexual offending. 
Here are some reports:
From Japan. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/japanese-company-manufactures-lifelike-child-sex-dolls-for-paedophiles-a6811046.html
From Britain. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/paedophiles-child-sex-dolls-prescription-stop-attacks-child-protection-stopso-therapists-a7872911.html

I'll go back to my previous point: "no victim, no crime" as abhorrent as the images these dolls represent. What's the difference between these and an inflatable sheep. 

Police are stretched because of cuts to social services that prevent offending means that they have to pick up the slack.
avatar
loopzdaloop

Posts : 374
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by loopzdaloop on 31.10.17 12:21

@plebgate wrote:Excellent post aquila.

IMO all the do-gooding this country has seen over the past few decades has made this country the mess it is today.
Hugging a hoodie doesn't work for the very MOST part.  Most lap up the holidays at taxpayers expense and commit crimes whilst they are out partying it up.
For any rehab to work people have to want to commit to it once they have reached their lowest point.  Sadly for many that point never comes and no amount of rehab will work and those who are ordered to do it rather than commiting voluntarily will in all probability re-offend and re-offend whilst out in the world at our expense instead of being behind bars.

Zero tolerance works.    It has worked in other countries and this country needs to adopt it pdq.

Too many cover ups but we are beginning to see people speak out.   Maybe when people in UK are prepared to speak out things will change but until then expect to see more of these lenient sentences and more heartache for the poor victims of these brutal physical attacks on the innocent.

Sex dolls will imo encourage these monsters rather than help  keep them away from the vulnerable in society.

The strategy of the past hasn't worked though has it? There are generations within families of people who have been abused, abusing other people, who then go on to abuse other people. It was just all covered up - like Jimmy Saville.
avatar
loopzdaloop

Posts : 374
Reputation : 56
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by Verdi on 31.10.17 12:51

It's funny how criminals can invariably find a reason for their behaviour tucked away in the deep distant past or the criminal sub-conscience.  Why do you think that might be - an excuse for present behaviour?

Any psychotherapist will tell you, you can break the chain, you don't need to be guided in life by the past.  If an individual is thinking of, or has committed a crime like sexual abuse or murder, they know their actions are wrong but they are still driven to commit the crime.  That is not the fault of the past, it's the fault of the present - the criminal mind.  They are not forced to commit a crime, they do it because they want to do it.

.... 'onest I couldn't 'elp it m'lud, I didn't mean ter knock 'is block off, it's the way me muvver put me 'at on .... 

Yeh, let's give him an axe to play with, that should do the trick!

Enough of this mollycoddling the criminal, all you're doing is exacerbating an already pandemic problem.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 9217
Reputation : 3977
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by Phoebe on 31.10.17 14:36

We are constantly warned about the danger of "gateways" ie. young people using electronic vaping are said to be at risk of it being a gateway to actual smoking. "Soft" and prescription drugs all too often become a gateway to addiction and to graduating to "harder" drugs. So, a child sex-doll? Surely there is a danger that this normalizes the sick notion that children should ever be viewed as objects of sexual gratification, real or imagined? The message should be that viewing children in this way is totally unacceptable.

Phoebe

Posts : 902
Reputation : 1045
Join date : 2017-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by Verdi on 31.10.17 20:32

It's akin to the addle headed commentators that insist the dirty old wo/man behind the computer screen viewing child pornography is no danger.  There can be no way of telling whether or not the viewer will go on to act out their fantasies - to err on the side of caution is preferable to leaving the doors open for another poor innocent child being the subject of horrendous sexual abuse.

Apart from the viewers blatant perverted persuasion - where the hell do they think the children in the videos come from?  Inflatable sex dolls?

Give me strength tearhairout!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 9217
Reputation : 3977
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by Verdi on 12.04.18 23:28

Children's Commissioner criticises Amazon over Child Sex Dolls

By Patrick Evans BBC News

   12 April 2018



England's Children's Commissioner says Amazon should ensure "disgusting" child sex dolls are not restored for sale on its website, after a BBC investigation found them for sale on its platform.

About a dozen child sex dolls were found for sale on Amazon Marketplace.

After the BBC contacted Amazon about one doll it was removed, but three days later it was back on the website.

Amazon said it had now removed all the specific products which the BBC drew to its attention.

In a statement Amazon said: "All Marketplace sellers must follow our selling guidelines and those who don't will be subject to action including potential removal of their account. The products in question are no longer available."

Responding to the BBC investigation, Anne Longfield, England Children's Commissioner, said: "These dolls are disgusting and are clearly meant to look like children.

"Not only do I, as Children's Commissioner, but the wider public also, have a right to expect a huge company like Amazon, to not only remove these products from their platform, but to explain why they are on there in the first place and ensure they can't just be reloaded having been taken down.

"Such dolls are clearly built for one purpose and that purpose is a clear danger to the safety of real children," she added.
Legal loophole

The UK Border Force has seized 179 child-like sex dolls since March 2016 as part of Operation Shiraz, a special operation set up in conjunction with the National Crime Agency.

In July 2017, a judge ruled child sex dolls were obscene items and therefore covered by the 1979 Customs and Excise Management Act.

However, it is not a criminal offence to manufacture or possess a child sex doll: individuals can only be charged for importing them.


   The 'new phenomenon' of child sex dolls
   Child sex doll an obscene item, judge rules
   Ex-school governor who imported child sex doll is jailed

Amazon Marketplace is an area of the retailing website where third party businesses can sell products.

Amazon does not sell the products itself but instead receives money from the sellers.

Dolls found on the website were typically three or four feet tall with waist sizes around 16 inches (41cm).

In the accompanying pictures they were placed in sexual poses with descriptions such as "Mannequin Sexy" and "100% mimics girl's body".

Several dolls were described as coming with "sexy lingerie".

A couple from Durham were horrified to find that a child sex doll came up in the results for their online search for sex toys.

"We felt disgusted and we straight away reported it to Amazon," they told the BBC.

Twenty four hours later the couple had received no response from the retailer.

NSPCC warning

The NSPCC has warned use of the dolls can lead people to harm children.

Designed to be as lifelike as possible, they are made of a silicone type material and weigh as much as a child.

The dolls are made in such a way as to enable sex acts to be performed on them.

The head of policy at the children's charity NSPCC, Almudena Lara, highlighted the danger child sex dolls can pose to children.

She told the BBC: "We already know that there is a risk that people using these dolls could become desensitised and their behaviour could become normalised to them, so that they go on to harm children, as is often the case with those who view indecent images of children online.

"There is absolutely no evidence that using the dolls stops potential abusers from abusing children.

"Until gaps in the law are addressed to make it illegal to make, sell or distribute them, retailers like Amazon should refuse to sell these vile dolls," she said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43715680

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Moderator/Researcher

Posts : 9217
Reputation : 3977
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by plebgate on 13.04.18 9:20

@aquila wrote:What the hell is a sex offender treatment programme going to achieve?

No need to answer that.

A long stay on a very cold and windy island somewhere in the frozen north where personal survival is the main priority might be a better option. A bag of grain and seeds, basic tools, a survival kit and a religious/inspirational book will certainly focus the minds of those who care little for society.

Just my opinion of course.
Mine too.   UK should be for those who want to abide by the law, value familly life and look after the vulnerable.

Far too many who do not want to do this. IMO they should all be placed on that island and good riddance.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll

plebgate

Posts : 6233
Reputation : 1859
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suspended sentence for Essex Man who imported a childlike sex doll

Post by polyenne on 13.04.18 12:54

.......they should all be placed on that island and good riddance.

Not a good idea. they might procreate and produce their own "toys".

Better to deal with them chemically.......an ironic choice given the current precarious ME situation  

polyenne

Posts : 918
Reputation : 528
Join date : 2017-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum