The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

“I am not a paedophile, I am an ‘anti-contact, minor-attracted’ man” – ‘Adam’ speaks to Victoria Derbyshire of the BBC

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: “I am not a paedophile, I am an ‘anti-contact, minor-attracted’ man” – ‘Adam’ speaks to Victoria Derbyshire of the BBC

Post by Verdi on 12.09.17 21:36

aquila wrote:You have no idea how much I like you Verdi - and given that I agree with most of what you say it's not a pragmatic view on modern times. Computers and mobile phones are here. We have to deal with their effect on our lives much as my parents dealt with the arrival of beatniks.
It is pragmatic!  I'm the first to herald the innovation of modern technology, it has improved the quality of life in so many ways - providing not in the wrong hands, which is where it fails significantly.  I only say it's not necessary for children or teenagers to possess computers and/or mobile phones - the pragmatic solution to an escalating problem.

Speaking personally, I would rather know a child is out exploring the wonders of nature (such as you said on the Nature Watch thread, drawing Grebes and documenting their behaviour) in preference to gyrating about in front of a mirror, trying to emanate some semi-naked outrageous pop star or pouting for a self portrait (selfie - how I detest that ridiculous word).   That responsibility lies with the parent/guardian alone.

Seems to me the contemporary parent is only too willing to let the kids entertain themselves whilst they get on with their adult time.  It's heading in the wrong direction - children should be children, it really is that simple.

I'm off before the subject puts me off my dinner.

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum