The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

SINCE THE BREXIT VOTE, WHO IS DOING BETTER? - THE U.K., OR THE E.U.?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SINCE THE BREXIT VOTE, WHO IS DOING BETTER? - THE U.K., OR THE E.U.?

Post by Tony Bennett on 06.09.17 15:27

From Rodney Atkinson and 'FreeNations' yesterday (6 September):

---------------

EU’S CONTINUED FAILURE – BREXIT BRITAIN’S CONTINUED SUCCESS

Posted By: Rodney Atkinsonon:

September 05, 2017

In: News

Print Email

The remarkable thing about the European Union is that even when it is growing economically it is failing – as I predicted would happen in my 2001 book Fascist Europe Rising (chapter 3). Destroying 28 constitutions, democracies, parliaments and 17 currencies and central banks led to stagnation, mass unemployment, social degradation, health services collapse and desperate mass migration from the poorest countries to serve as cheap labour for Germany and the central core of the Eurozone.

Now that at last the Eurozone is growing the Euro is so high that it is a threat to EU trade, the currency is 15% undervalued for the Germans but overvalued by 7.5% for Spain, 6% for France and 5% for Italy. The distortions grow, the economic disparities grow and as the UK lines up trade deals with other countries, the EU still has no trade with the USA, China or “any of the top 10 economies” as the Telegraph’s excellent Liam Halligan reminds us.

As the EU negotiator Michel Barnier struts the stage with threats to the UK and his vow to “teach the UK what Brexit really means” German industrial output fell 1.1% in June and the investor expectations index fell from 12.6 to 5.8.

2 weeks after the UK chose Brexit the EU’s credit rating was cut (from AAA to AA, the same as the UK), unemployment and country indebtedness are still at crisis levels and other countries like Hungary and Poland are in stark confrontation with the EU bureaucracy and could be the next to leave.

The German Professor Thorsten Polleit said recently of Brexit

“……. for having free trade you don’t need this Single Market and all the bureaucracy that comes with it. People in Great Britain have realised that this [the EU] isn’t a concept that will bring prosperity for current and future generations, so they got out and I think others will follow. It will take some time but the EU in its current form will fall.”

GOOD NEWS FOR UK

A study published by Economists for Free Trade , Labour Leave and others claimed that the poorest 10% of British households will benefit from Brexit by £36 per week and the second lowest 10% by £44 per week.

This is because food costs (which bear heaviest on the poorest) will benefit from the end of EU tariffs and EU immigrants tend to compete with the poorest Britons driving down wages. As those migrants go home we are already seeing a rise in wages for first time recruits.

Growth in the UK’s manufacturing sector accelerated in August with output, orders and employment all picking up. The Markit/CIPS purchasing managers’ index (PMI) for manufacturing rose to 56.9 in August from 55.3 in July. The PMI reading was the second highest for more than three years. Job creation rose at its fastest rate for 13 months

The City of London after the Brexit vote increased recruitment by 18% (Morgan McKinley). London is the leading financial centre in the world – there is not one other European city in the top 20!!

Investment in central London property was £11.5bn to end July – up 24% on last year. July alone saw £2.5bn – the highest monthly figure since March 2007. 17% of the investors were European !! – “teaching a lesson” about Brexit for M. Barnier!!

The biggest threat to the UK from Brexit was that overseas manufacturers seeking to manufacture in the UK and export in the “single market” to the EU, would pull out.

But Japanese car giant Nissan has just announced that it will increase production by 20% at its Sunderland plant. Nissan is also planning to double the British sourcing of parts from 40% to 80% – creating more UK jobs. Nissan produces nearly one third of the 1.73m cars produced in the UK last year.

HILTON, the American hotel chain, is expanding its hotels in the UK by 25%. Having opened 6 new hotels in 2016 it is planning to open 30 additional hotels to create the second largest market outside the USA

These big investments in finance, hotels, property and cars reflect the fact that since the June 2016 referendum Foreign Direct Investment in the UK has steadily increased: Q2 2016 $20bn, Q3 2016 $36bn, Q4 2016 $147bn. The UK trade deficit is now down Euro 18bn in the first half of 2017 as against 2016 and down nearly Euro 4bn with the EU.

UK unemployment is at lows not seen since the mid 1970s!- at less than half the level in the European Union where in individual countries disgraceful unemployment rates of up to 22% for all adults and 50% for youth unemployment still pertain.

Another “lesson” for M. Barnier!

Finally let us see how the former Bank of England “Wise man” Professor Patrick Minford sees the overwhelming advantages of a clear Brexit.

“Some say they want a ‘soft’ Brexit, This status quo agreement would promote the interests of existing producers who obtain protection from the EU through its high trade barriers on food and manufacturing, who benefit from EU regulation that supports the aims of large lobbying businesses against smaller competitors and who gain from taxpayer-subsidised cheap unskilled EU labour.

“By contrast ‘hard’ Brexit would eliminate this protection and regulation in favour of free trade and full competition and would remove taxpayer subsidy from unskilled migration. These moves benefit UK consumers, lowering the cost of living by 8% on our estimates and by so introducing competition raising productivity across the economy – with a total gain in UK welfare and GDP of around 4% from free trade and another 2% from improved regulation, a total gain to GDP of 6%. On top of this there are gains from regaining our net EU budget contribution (0.6% of GDP) and removing the taxpayer subsidy to unskilled Immigration (0.2% of GDP). There will also be longer term gains to growth through enhanced innovation and entrepreneurial activity.

“So the correct conclusion is, ‘hard’ Brexit is good for the UK economically while ‘soft’ Brexit leaves us as badly off as before”.

UNQUOTE

One thing is certain the EU (and especially the unelected bureaucrat M. Barnier) is fearful of any advantage to Britain of leaving the EU and seems willing to burn his own boats if he can set fire to ours!

That is the kind of malicious stupidity which only an arrogant and disastrous European Union could impose on the world. Every day of such behaviour convinces more and more Britons that we must leave as soon as possible – and no deal may indeed be better than a deal which this EU will accept.

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Re: SINCE THE BREXIT VOTE, WHO IS DOING BETTER? - THE U.K., OR THE E.U.?

Post by plebgate on 06.09.17 22:39

The Eu are fearful of losing the humongous amounts of money UK have been giving to them - no questions asked .

Brexit divorce bill - tell them where to put their demands in no uncertain terms and pull out now.    Bring on Rees Mogg - he will have no hesitation in telling them where to go.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 09.09.17 19:57

Anti-Brexit marchers rally in Parliament Square

Thousands of protesters in favour of the UK staying in the European Union have marched in Westminster.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41212505

sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 10.09.17 9:43

What was Blair doing on the Andrew Marr show this morning?   For a PM who was supposed to be so clever why can't he understand that we are coming out of EU.
Does anyone even want to listen to him any longer?  I know I don't for sure.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 11.09.17 13:14

Labour’s Brexit Policy Clearly Explained

Corbyn is whipping his MPs to vote against Brexit even though he privately supports it. Caroline Flint says MPs should rebel against the Labour whip. Thanks to Keir Starmer Labour officially want to stay in the single market during the transition, even though Corbynistas think the single market is a neoliberal tool of the bosses and want to leave it. Tom Watson says Labour could stay in the single market forever, yet John McDonnell says we have to leave it to respect the referendum result. Frontbenchers Jon Ashworth and Jenny Chapman say Watson is wrong, Heidi Alexander and Alison McGovern say he is right. Diane Abbott and Clive Lewis say Labour must support free movement, Corbyn and Starmer say free movement will end after Brexit. Barry Gardiner says staying in the customs union would be a “disaster“, yet Starmer says we should remain in “a” customs union during the transition. Watson says we could stay in indefinitely. Tony Blair says we should just stay in the EUGot that?

https://order-order.com/2017/09/11/labours-brexit-policy-clearly-explained/
Get'emGonçalo

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 11.09.17 23:14

LABOUR MP KATE HOEY ON BREXIT 11 Sep 2017

She tells Corbyn and Labour MPs how to vote on the Great Repeal Bill next week

The debate as to whether we are leaving the European Union or remaining is
now over. That issue was determined in the referendum last year. The public
voted to Leave and both main parties stood on a manifesto that pledged to
accept the outcome of the referendum and deliver Brexit.

Eighty percent of the UK electorate voted for parties supporting Brexit at the
2017 General Election. Indeed, Labour’s pro-Brexit stance meant we were able
to deprive the Tories of a majority. We are now focused on ensuring that our
country’s withdrawal from the European Union is as smooth and as seamless as
possible.

As a Labour Member of Parliament, I will be voting for the Government’s EU

Withdrawal Bill next Monday to ensure that on day one of being outside the
European Union the rights of consumers and workers, the protections on the
environment and for our consumers are guaranteed and enshrined in UK law.

The EU Withdrawal Bill is essential if we are to be ready by the March 2019
deadline to leave the European Union: we have eighteen months to transfer all
European Union law into United Kingdom statute. The Government has
therefore undertaken to use methods of establishing legislation, namely
Statutory Instruments, to ensure that all EU law is transferred so the Great
Repeal Bill can function.

This is not without precedent; indeed, the last Labour Government, in which
many current Labour Members of Parliament served, doubled the number of
Statutory Instruments to introduce new law. It is a method all governments use
to enact legislation.

The measures presented by the Government guarantee that we will be ready to Leave. As someone who supported Leave, and who wants to see our country succeed outside the European Union, I am compelled to support this Bill.

Fears have been expressed that the Government will use the Bill to erode or
erase workers’ rights, social and environmental protections, employment and
consumer rights. The Government have made it clear that this is not the case
and that they want to ensure these measures are in UK law.

If the Repeal Bill is not passed, those rights currently safeguarded under EU law will not be enshrined in UK law and on day one of Brexit will become null and void. How, then, can Labour colleagues oppose measures that will guarantee rights and guarantee their place in UK law once we are outside of the European
Union?

It is questionable anyway whether or not the EU has indeed protected workers’ rights. If the Social Chapter was such a good thing, why now are millions of British workers being exploited through zero-hours contracts?

I want Labour to support this Bill, so that on day one of Brexit, when we take
back control, the next Labour government will not be restricted by EU law and

will be free to expand, increase and enhance all those rights safeguarded under

EU law and no longer have to abide by State Aid rules.

The United Kingdom will have the potential to become a standard-bearer for social democracy that puts EU standards to shame.

To vote against the Repeal Bill is to vote against the will of the British people.
The Bill will repeal the European Communities Act. If my party now fully
accepts the outcome of the referendum – as it has stated – then we cannot vote
against the very measure that will implement the referendum result.

Without this Bill, our withdrawal from the European Union will not be smooth and
seamless. There will be uncertainty for the public and for business and that we
cannot allow.

Labour has a responsibility to hold the Government to account, but not a mandate to block the Second Reading on the principle of the Bill.

I urge my colleagues on the Labour benches to support the EU Withdrawal Bill.

Seventy percent of Labour constituencies voted to leave the European Union.

Polls and estimates show that around 4.5 million Labour voters from the 2017
General Election supported a Leave vote. Many Labour Members of Parliament
represent strong Leave constituencies.

Labour cannot appear to be attempting to scupper Brexit, especially at a time when the country needs to show unity in the face of the EU intransigence.

Labour should be playing its part in making a success of Brexit.
Get'emGonçalo

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In hindsight

Post by willowthewisp on 12.09.17 21:17

Get'emGonçalo wrote:LABOUR MP KATE HOEY ON BREXIT 11 Sep 2017

She tells Corbyn and Labour MPs how to vote on the Great Repeal Bill next week

The debate as to whether we are leaving the European Union or remaining is
now over. That issue was determined in the referendum last year. The public
voted to Leave and both main parties stood on a manifesto that pledged to
accept the outcome of the referendum and deliver Brexit.

Eighty percent of the UK electorate voted for parties supporting Brexit at the
2017 General Election. Indeed, Labour’s pro-Brexit stance meant we were able
to deprive the Tories of a majority. We are now focused on ensuring that our
country’s withdrawal from the European Union is as smooth and as seamless as
possible.

As a Labour Member of Parliament, I will be voting for the Government’s EU

Withdrawal Bill next Monday to ensure that on day one of being outside the
European Union the rights of consumers and workers, the protections on the
environment and for our consumers are guaranteed and enshrined in UK law.

The EU Withdrawal Bill is essential if we are to be ready by the March 2019
deadline to leave the European Union: we have eighteen months to transfer all
European Union law into United Kingdom statute. The Government has
therefore undertaken to use methods of establishing legislation, namely
Statutory Instruments, to ensure that all EU law is transferred so the Great
Repeal Bill can function.

This is not without precedent; indeed, the last Labour Government, in which
many current Labour Members of Parliament served, doubled the number of
Statutory Instruments to introduce new law. It is a method all governments use
to enact legislation.

The measures presented by the Government guarantee that we will be ready to Leave. As someone who supported Leave, and who wants to see our country succeed outside the European Union, I am compelled to support this Bill.

Fears have been expressed that the Government will use the Bill to erode or
erase workers’ rights, social and environmental protections, employment and
consumer rights. The Government have made it clear that this is not the case
and that they want to ensure these measures are in UK law.

If the Repeal Bill is not passed, those rights currently safeguarded under EU law will not be enshrined in UK law and on day one of Brexit will become null and void. How, then, can Labour colleagues oppose measures that will guarantee rights and guarantee their place in UK law once we are outside of the European
Union?

It is questionable anyway whether or not the EU has indeed protected workers’ rights. If the Social Chapter was such a good thing, why now are millions of British workers being exploited through zero-hours contracts?

I want Labour to support this Bill, so that on day one of Brexit, when we take
back control, the next Labour government will not be restricted by EU law and

will be free to expand, increase and enhance all those rights safeguarded under

EU law and no longer have to abide by State Aid rules.

The United Kingdom will have the potential to become a standard-bearer for social democracy that puts EU standards to shame.

To vote against the Repeal Bill is to vote against the will of the British people.
The Bill will repeal the European Communities Act. If my party now fully
accepts the outcome of the referendum – as it has stated – then we cannot vote
against the very measure that will implement the referendum result.

Without this Bill, our withdrawal from the European Union will not be smooth and
seamless. There will be uncertainty for the public and for business and that we
cannot allow.

Labour has a responsibility to hold the Government to account, but not a mandate to block the Second Reading on the principle of the Bill.

I urge my colleagues on the Labour benches to support the EU Withdrawal Bill.

Seventy percent of Labour constituencies voted to leave the European Union.

Polls and estimates show that around 4.5 million Labour voters from the 2017
General Election supported a Leave vote. Many Labour Members of Parliament
represent strong Leave constituencies.

Labour cannot appear to be attempting to scupper Brexit, especially at a time when the country needs to show unity in the face of the EU intransigence.

Labour should be playing its part in making a success of Brexit.
On the Aangirfan website is an article demanding that the SNP,Hollyrood Parliament accept that a remarkable amount of people throughout the Scottish Borders have seen their Towns decimated,with closures to businesses,Post Offices,that the Education System is failing the poorer Communities,when they have access to"Free University"placements,which automatically rules out the cleverest pupils to the less developed from the school system?
Add in the equation of spending under the Barnet formula and how the NHS in Scotland is to meet it's Commitments on Social Care,with poorer members of Society putting extra pressure on Limited resources(Free at the Point of Use)but it still has to be funded properly?   
Which then begs the question of just how well is the Scottish Economy is holding up to close inspections of the different structures within the Scottish Highlands?
Within the UK,the different communities have seen how the UK Government dishes out the Coffers to it's favoured Councils,So if we live in an equal Society,as the MP's keep spluttering from their lips,why does each person not receive the same funding per person per year to secure the provision of services in their Community?

willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum