The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Man and woman held on suspicion of murder after police find toddler's body at house in Manchester

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Man and woman held on suspicion of murder after police find toddler's body at house in Manchester

Post by sharonl on 28.08.17 22:36

The Independent
Tom Wilkinson9 hrs ago

© Provided by Independent Print Limited
Detectives investigating the murder of a toddler have arrested a woman, police said.

The 30-year-old is being questioned on suspicion of murder after the body of the boy was found at a house in Manchester.

A 31-year-old man has already been arrested and is being questioned on suspicion of murder.

Police were called to a semi-detached house in Beaford Road, Wythenshawe, in the early hours of Sunday following reports of a domestic disturbance.

It later emerged officers had already been called to the address on Friday, responding to a similar incident.

When officers arrived on Sunday, they discovered that a man and woman had left and gone to hospital.

It was then that they found the body of a young boy, Greater Manchester Police said.

The 31-year-old man remains in police custody for questioning. The woman remains in hospital for treatment.

The force said formal identification of the body and a post mortem examination have not yet taken place.

Detective Inspector Carl Jones, of the Major Incident Team, said: "Our investigation is progressing but is still in the early stages.

"We have made two arrests and officers will remain at the property whilst we investigate.

"If you have any information to pass on, or you have concerns, please get in touch with one of our officers."

Anyone with information is asked to contact police.

GMP has referred itself to the Independent Police Complaints Commission due to officers' earlier involvement at the property.

A cordon is in place around the modern house.

Also within the cordon was a Volkswagen Polo car, parked in the driveway.

Neighbours said they were woken by the sounds of sirens from police cars and ambulance.

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Man and woman held on suspicion of murder after police find toddler's body at house in Manchester

Post by BlueBag on 29.08.17 7:10

If they follow bog-standard policing they would investigate the possibly that the family is involved as that statistically is the most likely and most cost effective.

Every Police force in the world knows this.
BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man and woman held on suspicion of murder after police find toddler's body at house in Manchester

Post by sharonl on 29.08.17 8:43

@BlueBag wrote:If they follow bog-standard policing they would investigate the possibly that the family is involved as that statistically is the most likely and most cost effective.

Every Police force in the world knows this.

And most police are allowed to follow that line of inquiry, if only to rule it out.

Is it only Operation Grange who are not permitted to do so?

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.08.17 10:41

To my knowledge I've never seen a definitive statement from the PJ that Operation Grange is a collaborative entity and is reporting directly to the PJ.

I've seen very senior officers of Operation Grange state they are helping the family, which is not the same thing. I've seen statements from 'sources close to the family' which always include gratefulness and on many occasions 'bouyed' by the Operation Grange involvement.

I've seen Operation Grange staff turn up and seize files from the offices of Metodo 3. I've seen Andy Redwood in a helicopter flying over the Ocean Club. I've seen Operation Grange digging, using GPR equipment and using dogs around the Ocean Club site. There's nothing subtle about Operation Grange so it seems. The Press are invited.

I've seen several changes of leadership within Operation Grange - these people don't last long do they? I've stated many times that I would like to know the rotation of ordinary staff employed by Operation Grange.

Do I believe OG is a farce? Yes, I do.

Do I believe the PJ are complicit in the farce? Yes, I do.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 29.08.17 10:55

@Aquila ^^^^^^

Good post and I tend to agree with your last two comments...

Bank  Rolled over springs to mind ( and I do not mean playful puppies) ....but for what or whom? 

Maybe if that is answered, the disapppearence of Madeleine would not be such an enigma?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ref;Man and a Woman held over child death,Manchester.

Post by willowthewisp on 29.08.17 11:47

@MayMuse wrote:@Aquila ^^^^^^

Good post and I tend to agree with your last two comments...

Bank  Rolled over springs to mind ( and I do not mean playful puppies) ....but for what or whom? 

Maybe if that is answered, the disapppearence of Madeleine would not be such an enigma?
Hi Aquila,Maymuse,not wanting to disrespect your views of which I cannot fault in regard to Operation Grange and a well assisted family arrangement.
Operation Grange-Police methods appear to have taken over the initial thread,which was the Police finding a dead child at a home where the Police had been called to from Friday to Sunday of the Bank Holiday weekend.
Is it Not a standard procedure to secure or offer protection to the vulnerable party,which in this case was the child and its Mother,the Police were then called back to this address on three occasions,when they found the child dead.
It is a tragic loss of a child that is still affecting the Man and Woman in this case,plus their immediate family's,condolences to those affected by this case.
Must now be a standard procedure to bring in IPCC upon more than one visit to a Domestic scene?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.08.17 12:54

Apologies for going off topic willowthewisp. Another tragic death of a child. My heart hurts.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Man and Woman held over dead child

Post by willowthewisp on 29.08.17 13:14

@aquila wrote:Apologies for going off topic willowthewisp. Another tragic death of a child. My heart hurts.
Thanks for your reply Aquila,it will No doubt have an effect of both of the parents and their immediate family members in this tragic case for years to come.
after reading the Independent report it is clear that something has gone wrong in such a short time span or pressure may have been growing for sometime in regard to this outcome.

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum