The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Did Madeleine have ADHD?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Did Madeleine have ADHD?

Post by Verdi on 24.06.17 23:57

aquila wrote:
I don't like the sound of that at all.
Sounds like a load of old tosh to me.  Much like Auntie Philomena - the unofficial UK spokesperson and appointed liaison contact for all things McCann.

They came out screaming - no question they are McCanns.

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 25.06.17 1:14

I'm intrigued to know from whence the video clip @ 09:25 featured during the Oprah Winfrey show originates.  The stars for staying in bed chart, allegedly displayed in the Rothley kitchen (two years after Madeleine's disappearance), appears to have been edited in as a prop - otherwise it has no relevance to the context of the interview.

I've had a poke around but can't find any McCann video showing Kate McCann talking about Madeleine's 'art gallery' - I was hoping to find verification of the chart.

HiDeHo - with your extensive knowledge of McCann interviews, any ideas?

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by barry stanley on 27.06.17 0:47

Madeleine had the facial features of fetal alcohol syndrome. ADHD is the most common other diagnosis given to children with FAS[D]

barry stanley

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.06.17 1:40

Aha - this is the video featured during the Oprah Winfrey show..

I'm none the wiser really.  As with the Winfrey clip, the 'stars for staying in bed chart' appears to be edited in for effect - otherwise it has no relevance to the flow of the subject matter.  Unless of course Madeleine painted it herself.

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by roz on 27.06.17 9:59

Jane T – Rog - “Very, she was very lively, a very lively, happy, a happy little girl really.  Because, probably a bit of, we were almost a bit worried how Ella and Madeleine would get on, because Ella’s quite shy and sensitive and Madeleine’s very, erm, I don’t know whether you can call a child vivacious, but, you know, sort of very, erm, outgoing and. 
Jane says  – “we were almost a bit worried how Ella and Madeleine would get on….”
You cannot be ‘almost a bit worried’- so they were worried.
What aspect of Madeleine’s personality clashing with Ella’s were they worried about?
RO’B - “Yeah, well I can’t, I can’t confess to knowing Madeleine well I mean that’s fair enough, we didn’t, we saw her intermittently, birthdays, barbeques, but she was a, on the occasions I’ve met her she was happy, bubbly, err relatively headstrong on previous meetings actually she seemed to have mellowed a little bit when we went on holiday, you know a girl, you know a little girl full of, full of life, full of beans,……’

Russell describes Madeleine as happy, bubbly but also as ‘relatively headstrong.’- (determined, stubborn), and says ‘she seemed to have mellowed a little bit when we went on holiday……’
Russell had noticed her character on the odd occasion they had met her.  He had noticed a slight change in Madeleine’s temperament on the holiday. She had calmed down a little bit.
It is possible that she was ‘out-growing’ her ‘hyperactivity’ (Kate used that word), but in my opinion, it is also possible that she was given ‘something’ (by her doctor parents) to help her calm down.

In conjunction with medication, a ‘sleep chart’ (which Gerry and Kate both mention in their interviews to the PJ) could have been part of a programme to reward and encourage ‘better behaviour’, as well as activities such as tennis, swimming and horse riding to help tire-out a hyperactive child.
roz

Back to top Go down

Post by roz on 27.06.17 10:06

Taking into account the Gaspar statements (against Gerry and David P) -  
Did Madeleine have ADHD?  OR;
Did Madeleine’s behaviour mimic that of a child with ADHD?
Treatment with Ritalin for example, can ‘calm down’ any symptoms.

by Taylor DiVico

Sexual abuse - Physical Signs

A toddler who has been physically or sexually abused might bear visible or fading signs on his body. Physical abuse appears as burns, welts, bites, bruises, broken bones, black eyes and injuries that defy explanation. Sexual abuse extends to include signs such as bleeding, abrasions, bruising and scarring in the genital areas and torn or injured genitalia, typically indicating penetration.

Mental/Emotional Signs

Molestation affects a toddler's mental and emotional health and growth, mirroring symptoms of the normal developmental stage know as the "terrible twos" and disorders that become obvious during toddler years such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Reactive Attachment Disorder and Oppositional Defiant Disorder. A child who exhibits mental and emotional distress in combination with extreme physical, behavioral and social symptoms might be coping with inappropriate touching. Children can show signs of hyperactivity such as squirming around, running, fidgeting and blurting out. 

Social Signs

Toddlers could become aggressive, stemming from fear, anger and frustration, leading to their mistreatment of other children by biting, hitting, kicking, intimidating, stealing toys and inappropriately touching. Other signs of aggression include temper tantrums, general defiance and breaking of toys and possessions.
roz

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 27.06.17 11:02

..awful, but certainly food for thought.

sar

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 27.06.17 12:02

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome has been mentioned before on this forum, and the last time it was, I did some reading about it.

In a nutshell, FAS or FASD is/are a group of conditions caused by the mother drinking alcohol during pregnancy. Cases range in severity depending on the mother's drinking habits and amount of alcohol consumed.
Outward signs are in the facial features. A short nose with a low nasal bridge). A smooth upper lip with an indistinct philtrum (the dint between the nose and upper lip). Eye shape with short palpebral length (the width of the eye socket measurement). 
There are other facial abnormalities to the ears, and lack of normal growth.

There are other symptoms, associated with FASD which affect the brain, and are sometimes diagnosed as ADHD.

JRP

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo on 27.06.17 12:35

JRP wrote:Not in my scope of knowledge, I thought school taught us how to read, that's kinda what schools do. But then, she did have a sleep chart to read.

I went to pub!ic/boarding school and started P1 at age 4. I had to sit an entrance exam to get in which included using an abacus to do some simple sums, write my own name and tie my shoelaces. Luckily my Grandmother had run a nursery in Germany when she was stationed there after the war, so she taught me. I have no idea if this still happens, but is one of my first memories, exam stress aged 4!! And werent the twins sent to boarding school.? Maybe they were planning this fr Madeleine, or they simply wanted her to be ahead in P1 ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo on 27.06.17 12:52

barry stanley wrote:Madeleine had the facial features of fetal alcohol syndrome. ADHD is the most common other diagnosis given to children with FAS[D]

I totally agree that her baby photos have "that look". As my daughter has C.P. i have encountered lots of these babies at physiotherapy sessions/speech language etc and its usually quite obvious the younger the child is.

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP on 27.06.17 16:05

I did hear Rachel Riley say on "8 Cats Out Of 10 Does Countdown", that she started school at age 3, so I'm aware that some children do start education early; either because they're a child genius, or because their parents decide that they want to give them a head start.
Whether Madeleine did have reading lessons or not, I don't know, and I'm not even sure it matters one way or another.

I'm not convinced about the FASD theory either, whether she had "that look" or not, it could just be the way she was. My interest was sparked because my eldest daughter had that look as a toddler, the little button nose, big but very not very wide eyes etc, but neither me or my other half drank alcohol.

JRP

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum